Shoutbox

Author Topic: The Custodum Council Chambers  (Read 71499 times)

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
The Custodum Council Chambers
« on: 07/24/13, 11:11:25 PM »
((This thread is for discussion of Council matters when input is required but in-game meetings aren't feasible. Mostly, it is the IC discussion between the sitting Council members of the Custodum, but anyone else who has an issue they wish to bring before this Council is free to do so here, either in person or via holocall! All I ask is that any such interactions be kept orderly!))

• Please keep coloured text to a minimum (a few minor descriptions or headers at most).
  • If you would like to participate or otherwise talk to the Council here, please get in touch with me!
  • Things dealing with major plot arcs that have a high volume of RP material and/or on-going developments should be handled via in-game Council RP. This thread is best used for low volume, low urgency topics.

Holograms garbed in robes shimmer to life, neatly seated in otherwise-empty chairs. Matters concerning the Custodum can be freely discussed here, as can petitions made toward this Council.
« Last Edit: 09/24/14, 10:44:55 AM by Iaera »
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Jedibehr

• Founding member of Altaholics Anonymous
    • View Profile
Re: The Custodum Council Chambers
« Reply #1 on: 07/27/13, 11:28:18 AM »
Urso enters the council chambers and activates the holo-projector.

"I am coming before the council to continue the discussion of Initiate Kiive.

There are those among us whom have raised concerns about the young initiate's past.  I am a firm believer in redemption.  I believe that the initiate should be allowed to continue her training.  I believe that her training will take a great deal of oversight and I am grateful that Master Farworlder has taken on the initiate to see into her padawan trials.  I believe that by being shown the error of her past transgressions, that she will grow in the force."

Urso takes in a deep breath, centering his focus before continuing.

"That being said, I would like to request to take Kiive once she has passed her initiate trials and is a padawan.  I believe she needs a deep grounding in the living force, so that she may feel the effect that taking a life has on the force.  Otherwise, I am concerned that the lure of the Dark Side may grow as her powers grow.  While I believe that Master Iaera is an amazing swordswoman and will train Kiive into the guardian that the Order will need, I worry that without a balance of a deep connection to the living force, the lure of the Dark Side may not be surmountable."

Urso closes his eyes and bows his head again.

"I have meditated on the Initiates future and it is clouded.  I have voiced my concerns and leave the rest to this esteemed council.  Thank you Master's for your time and attention."

Urso de-activates the holo and turns and leaves the chamber.

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/27/13, 11:35:03 AM »
Iaera's hologram nods thoughtfully.

"You speak wisely, Master Corazon, and I thank you for the support. Thus far I have been instructing Initiate Kiive in the basics of the Force and the Jedi Code, and the Three Pillars all Initiates must learn. If this Council concurs, I would like to finish her introductory instruction. At that point, if Master Corazon wishes to take on her training, I believe he would make an excellent teacher for her."

Iaera lapses back into silence, listening to the other Masters.
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Jedibehr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/27/13, 11:42:06 AM »
Urso arrives in his chambers to the blinking message light.  Moving to his holo-projector chair, he activates it and sits to listen to Master Iaera's words and await the input of the other council members.  Nodding briefly, his thanks to Iaera for her confidence in his abilities.

Offline Cabochard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/27/13, 11:51:19 AM »
Polalia's hologram steeples her fingers and leans her chin on them.

"I do not have an objection to Master Corazon's proposal. I would suggest ignoring the saber training entirely, however, for now at least. She is dangerous enough as is, we do not need to teach her any more until she has proven herself beyond a reasonable doubt. Watch her carefully, Master Corazon."

She nods and sits back, resting her hands on the sides of her seat again. She watches the other Masters for their responses.
« Last Edit: 07/28/13, 07:35:12 AM by Void »

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/29/13, 10:00:31 AM »

Master Yarwin's holographic image shifts, and he addresses the Custodum Council.

"I share Master Corazon's concerns. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds this young woman, we must remain cautious. Her presence may also attract the attention of other Sith such as Darth Vulkanus. There is more however. We must be certain that young Kiive does not just express remorse for her prior actions, but empathy towards those she engages in the future. It is not enough to want to do better, but to demonstrate it.

The Jedi Code teaches us that there is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Kiive may have been trained to be an agent of destruction, but she must open up with her feelings, and acknowledge the emotions of those around her, without being seduced by them."

I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Jedibehr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/29/13, 05:51:11 PM »
Urso clears his throat.

"I believe that through a deeper connection to the living force, all of the council members concerns can be addressed.  I do not believe that we need to stop the initiate training that Master Iaera is performing at this time, as she has stated, she is covering the three pillars which are the foundation of our order.  I for one trust in Master Farworlder's ability to steer her in the right direction, until she faces her Padawan trials.  At that time, should she pass the trials, then I would like to step in and round out her training in the force.

I would also suggest a heavy amount of time spent on meditative skills, she must ponder on her actions, or the fear of the her past actions and failures can lead to the dark side."

Urso reclines back in his chair awaiting further input.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/01/13, 05:57:11 AM »
Master Fayhan, seated in the main hold of the XS freighter Direwolf, nods in agreement.

"As I said to Master Rainer on Kwenn the other night, no one is above redemption; if one is willing to atone for their past crimes without being consumed by them, then we must do what we can to assist in the process. However, the Initiate will have to be willing to learn. It is one thing to say 'this is how we wish to do it'; it is another for it to actually be done."
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/01/13, 09:46:33 AM »
Iaera nods again.

"It is decided, then. I will complete the basic instruction of this Initiate in the ways of the Force. Then, Master Corazon will take on her training, and guide her to the light."
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Joshmaul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/01/13, 11:28:11 AM »
Fayhan nods again.

"If I may bring another point up, since I mentioned Master Rainer, did you receive his message regarding the 'Nar Shaddaa Jedi'? The one he met on Kwenn - I had a brief interaction as well. Master Rainer told me that he was going to forward the fellow to you."

Offline Jedibehr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08/01/13, 11:53:20 AM »
Urso bows his head, accepting the decision of the council.

"I thank you for your diligence in this matter, and I look forward to training the young woman."

Urso listens to the other council members as they offer up other items.

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08/01/13, 01:04:54 PM »
Iaera's hologram shifts and shimmers.

"This 'Shai,' yes. I had brief interactions with the man on both Nar Shaddaa and Kwenn. He asked to be heard by the High Council, but he seemed more distant in our conversation on Kwenn. I sensed much confusion in him. I got the impression that something had transpired on Kwenn involving him before my arrival there."
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Cabochard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08/01/13, 01:20:31 PM »
Polalia's hologram shifts to look straight at Iaera.

"Who is this 'Shai'? What does he want with the High Council?"

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08/01/13, 01:23:06 PM »
Iaera's hologram flickers as her projection shifts position in her seat.

"He claims to have been a Jedi, and a Sith. He wished to see the High Council about rejoining the Order. I am unsure what to make of him."

retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Joshmaul

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08/02/13, 07:38:33 PM »
Fayhan taps his fingers thoughtfully against his chin.

"I am not so sure about this one, I must admit. He sounded very...angry and hateful - and full of contempt for those who do not use the Force, belittling those who fought in the war and saw the futility of starting another. He seems to relish the idea of fighting and killing. These seem more...Sith qualities than Jedi."