Shoutbox

Author Topic: Gratitude  (Read 215765 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Gratitude
« on: 11/23/13, 08:40:06 AM »
Ok, starting a new thread, newly named, for those who would like a place to make a public thank you, outside of the game, to anyone, for any reason, on top of the thank yous we're all encouraged to make in game. Could be a thank you for rp, could be a thank you for a raid invite, could be a thank you for questions answered - anything.

I agree that thank yous in game, on the spot are important. I also know that sometimes we forget and then we want to say thank you after. I also know that sometimes a posted thank you has a different effect from a thank you that disappears as soon as you log off. In real life, I try to thanks a lot. Once in a while, I give someone a card to say it - like a card to my kid's teacher to say thanks for all you do - and I've seen that having a thank you that can be held on to and re-read also has great value.
« Last Edit: 11/23/13, 08:48:54 AM by Seraphie »

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Gratitude
« Reply #1 on: 11/23/13, 08:44:51 AM »
So, a few shout outs I'll start with....

Northak, hope you make your way here! Really enjoyed getting to know your grey knight at the barge last night! Sorry we didn't last late, but I hope the conversations with Karmic and Drexa went good places!

Karmic and Drexa, even if it was short, because I was falling asleep in the middle of the sentences I was trying to type out, thanks for the interaction! Drexa, can't wait to hear what she wants to talk to Stell and Anaris about!

Thanks to the others we had brief welcoming conversations to, and those who's conversations on the barge I got to see the start of, before my eyes started getting fuzzy at the textfall!

And, a non-rp thank you that I don't say often enough, Ilireth, thank you for maintaining this website for all of us!
« Last Edit: 11/23/13, 08:49:05 AM by Seraphie »

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/23/13, 05:45:28 PM »
Ilireth - If not for the website I'd never have met all the people on this server that I did. More than likely I'd have pushed SW:TOR under the rug because I wouldn't have known that people actually RP'd on Begeren Colony. For that, I am eternally grateful that you in a sense enact the form of gatekeeper.

Colton - For attempting to convey your point across in the last thread, though my apology credits to little, thanks for trying regardless. I'll still carry on your ideology regardless!

Everyone on the website - RP. Cheers for it. Luvya.

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/25/13, 09:17:25 PM »
To Audaine, as I said briefly in game, a very big thank you for helping with the first RP Eskenah's had outside of her guild in a while. Forum storylines aside, I've been eager to get her back and live in game, and your interactions helped. I'm excited to see where things go.  :grin:

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/26/13, 04:04:53 AM »
Eskenah for the lovely little conversation between us both, a shame it was cut short but I do ever so much look forward to catching up once again. As for assisting in 'dusting her off' so to speak, it was a pleasure. You're a fun roleplayer, it was well worth it!

Forward compliments to Magius/Rotersand, I enjoy exchanging between the two of us. A lovely rolepay we often tangent outselves between, whether attempting to mock 'Imperials' or just general practice, I do enjoy it.

Offline Seigahn

• To a man pure; evil, is but a shadow to his light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/28/13, 10:15:52 PM »
I want to thank three people who deserve it. For breaking me out of my shell and cracking through on both the forums and the game itself, my stigma of social Rp.

Amaranthyne ; Just because you are a pleasure to be around, RP or no.
Vaiyon ; Always a blast to see both reactions and tribulations with your characters
Ariniel ; You gave me a home, and I will defend it tooth and nail, lawl.

Adding Kiive, just because even if it is OOC and the small bit of IC we have had, always a pleasure.

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/29/13, 05:07:30 AM »
De'rella/Void - I had no idea you had a Chiss until I poked on the forums! Absolutely splendid Chiss RP, seldom does one see someone who can personify the stern and rigid nature of a Chiss and carry such murderous grace. An interesting character indeed, shame I had not met her sooner. Looking forward to 'whipping' her around later, like a good little Imperial.

Offline Darkojin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/30/13, 07:03:54 AM »
Had a blast with everyone at the Barge last night. Was interesting to try to be the mini-Karmic of the night til she showed up.

De'rella - You and your Temporary Chiss thing was like a running gag all night. Had to try to tell people either before or as you were saying it "It means Imperial."

Xocet - The Jedi that kept forgetting she was Jedi. Made for some interesting conversation.

And since this was brought up in OOC channel, the link below is what Arsenic looked like in City of Heroes.
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae45/Darkojin/Characters/City%20of%20Heroes/ArsenicCityHall2_zps9d375b8a.jpg

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/30/13, 07:25:21 AM »
As this thread is names 'Gratitude', I'm not going to comment on a particular RP at the moment. Instead:

So, I wondered in here looking for an RP guild, with the hopes of playing out a little story I had in mind... and instead I got a bunch of welcome, friendly, fantastic people, some with whom I became fast friends and wonderful RP partners. I'm better for it, my character's stories are better for it, and it's just been so wonderful so far. Came here with a story to tell, and the story itself has expanded so much from the amazing input from other characters... gaaah. I can't wait to see how things are going to go from here.

So Semah, Karmic, Livia, Tae, Jace, Audaine, Fiofine, Vakiri, Yena and others - really, thank you. You have made this such a fulfilling experience. Now, *POINT* onwards!!
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Darkojin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11/30/13, 07:47:28 AM »
Reithan, tried to greet you last night, but you were focused on your conversation with Drexa. I still tried at least!

Offline Jedibehr

• Founding member of Altaholics Anonymous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/30/13, 02:14:25 PM »
Just wanted to thank Noxturna for allowing Keshiri to grow in ways that I had never really worked out in my head.   Also for being so patient with my wonky schedule lately.  I think there is going to be some amazing RP that comes of this.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11/30/13, 04:43:43 PM »
Just wanted to thank Noxturna for allowing Keshiri to grow in ways that I had never really worked out in my head.   Also for being so patient with my wonky schedule lately.  I think there is going to be some amazing RP that comes of this.

*hugs* Not a problem!

And I want to thank you for making a very in-depth character and giving my sniper a chance. Maybe the next time you see him, he'll be a level 50 or so.

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/30/13, 05:50:42 PM »
I am grateful to all those of you who show up, all those who give of themselves, their time and energy to make events and causal drop in play sessions a success. I am grateful for all the players that I've played with, even down to the most casual interaction and to all of those who role play in the same locales, contributing to the "fabric" of the environment with their own interactions.

Lots of love to everyone!
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Birdface_Washi

• Forget the fear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12/02/13, 02:08:27 AM »
I'd like to thank everyone that I've RPed with over the past few days especially those who have been adding to my characters own stories, amd for letting me ad my tiny litte words,sentance,page to your stories.
"Your humble Archivist and Librarian."- Darth Eros

| Youtube | Lost Archives Thread |

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12/10/13, 12:01:28 AM »
Thank you to Kastal and Arazel for their role play serving as good ambiance. It served as a good reminder about how a practical perspective meets two factions that are just as ignorant of each other.
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

rthefloat" style="padding:0px;margin:0px;">