6 (54.5%)
New South Wales
4 (36.4%)
Perth
1 (9.1%)
OTHER!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Australian Begeren Colony GeekOut [GAUGING INTEREST]  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
Greetings, my fellow Australian tyrants, overlords and subtle antagonists to the wider Earth at large.

So it's been asked about quite a few times and for the past few months I, Aolanni and Alisea have communed our interest among-st one another to set up a GeekOut of sorts for all us Aussies to converse, gossip, make bad jokes and otherwise have a blast of a weekend. At the moment we've not ironed out any details on what we would do aside from likely all bunch together and go run a pub crawl, pool together for a paintball run or... Whatever we come up with for ideas!  :nuu:

At the moment we've settled with the possible date of Late June as it works best with the schedules of most mid-semester students at Uni as well as those that may still be in school who are in mid-term holidays. This is not a fixed date however, we're merely testing the waters at the moment - if this doesn't work for most, we can always reschedule for later on in the year.

So for the time being, post if you're interested in attending and let us know what you'd be interested in doing (If you have any suggestions!) Also, let us know what dates work best so we can finalize for what state we'll likely host it in. Presently we're looking more towards New South Wales but Victoria is a rich competitor here.  :grin:

Warmest regards,
Aiden/ADos  :aww:

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Begeren Colony GeekOut [GAUGING INTEREST]
« Reply #1 on: 02/13/14, 03:16:13 AM »
Ill bring cookies!  :dance:
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Ollin

• Smart Wireless Monitoring and Arm Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02/13/14, 03:28:03 AM »
I voted Perth...but....never mind  :sigh: Only time I could possibly ever meet up would be in the weekend I'm in Melbourne in April.

Offline Semah

• Administrator
  • The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02/13/14, 09:00:33 AM »
Greetings, my fellow Australian tyrants, overlords and subtle antagonists to the wider Earth at large.

I keep warning people and they won't listen.

Ilireth

« Reply #4 on: 02/13/14, 11:38:05 AM »
As there is already coordination for the US and Canadian GeekOut events, I'd strongly suggest running this during the same dates as the others, so as to maximize crossover and so that for at least part of the time we would have a world-wide GeekOut partytime together.

If this is something that interests you, please let me an Yena know.

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02/13/14, 01:34:08 PM »
I want to put my (albeit small) vote towards a date that overlaps with the Denver/Toronto event on June 14th local time. That's a Saturday, so it'd be Sunday for you guys, right?

Anyways, we'd all love to see your lovely-ugly mugs on our screens at the very least. AFAI remember, Ili's running the Denver shindig from 3pm Denver till 9pm. I'm going to see about something parallel to that.

Yay for Aussie GeekOut!!!
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Aeorna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02/22/14, 03:04:05 PM »
Keep me appraised! I may be able to make it, shall see what is to come!

New job and all, NO MORE JAYCO CARAVANS FOR MEEEEEEE!
For those who seek Perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the Grave.

ss="new_win">Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2