Shoutbox

Linked Events

• GeekOut 2015: 06/20/15

Author Topic: Begeren Colony Geek Out 2015  (Read 13832 times)

Offline Jedibehr

• Founding member of Altaholics Anonymous
    • View Profile
Begeren Colony Geek Out 2015
« on: 02/01/15, 06:02:20 PM »
Editted by @Artisan:

What: Geek-out 2015

When: June 20th, 2015

Schedule of Events:

The GeekOut virtual meet will be starting up at about 4:00pm server time. To join in, all you have to do is go to this link:
https://www.anymeeting.com/144-560-139

Use the AnyMeeting App to join in, and you'll be able to party along with the folks in the GeekOut Room and with those abroad.

Hope you'll come in and say hello, even for a small bit. :)

Quote from: Aylaa
If you are flying in, SJC (San Jose International airport) is the closest one.

Sometimes SFO (San Francisco) has cheaper flights but take into account that SFO is an hour's drive north of San Jose. it's not a cheap cab ride.

Please post if you think you may be coming or if you're definitely coming physically! Here is the current list:

- Bolas
- Aylaa
- Esk
- Dyven
- Darshendros (?)

Physical Location:
Doubletree by Hilton
2050 Gateway Place
San Jose, CA 95110
« Last Edit: 06/20/15, 11:05:23 AM by Artisan »

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
Re: Begeren Colony Geek Out 2015
« Reply #1 on: 02/01/15, 06:04:18 PM »
I know people were also considering April dates. Is that still a thing or not?

I don't have a huge preference on dates, but whatever it is, the sooner decided the better so I can block out my appointment times :) *is excited!*

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Bolas

« Reply #2 on: 02/01/15, 06:08:31 PM »
I know people were also considering April dates. Is that still a thing or not?

The April consideration was to try and do a Geek-Out parallel with the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, but the event is already far too large to really make that a thing. We will definitely still do some sort of get together for anyone who goes to the Celebration, but it won't be it's own event sorta thing.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02/01/15, 11:49:06 PM »
Yay! I would really like to go again. it was super fun the last two years.

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02/11/15, 10:55:27 PM »
Bumping this as well. Would love to see the community's thoughts and votes on location and timing and degree of interest. If you're interested and have ideas, please vote, and post if you can!

I'm hopeful that we would be able to get a date down so people can start arranging schedules, travel, etc!

I'm good with San Jose.

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02/11/15, 11:09:38 PM »
I'm good with either. LA would be more convenient by far, but I've got family near San Jose, so I could always take a long weekend from work, see them, and do the geekout thing before heading back down here.
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Bolas

« Reply #6 on: 02/11/15, 11:14:52 PM »
I've edited the poll for an option to be okay with either cities.

Please vote. We will be judging our expected attendance based on the interest here.

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02/11/15, 11:28:22 PM »
Either city works for me, but with that date landing so close to SDCC, it would be more cost effective for me if it was in L.A. since it's not as far for me as San Jose. But that's just my two pennies.
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Jedibehr

• Founding member of Altaholics Anonymous
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02/12/15, 12:58:21 AM »
So glad people are responding to this, will bump for additional attention.

Offline Rizenfell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02/12/15, 03:06:19 AM »
If I hadn't lost my handy-dandy personnel digitiser, I'd offer you all the wonderful climes of Sydney (Australia) for a geek-out (of course, in a special area cleared of all our deadly wildlife we face every day); or else digitise myself and come on over!

I hope you manage to get some good pics though, and wish you all a great time; Wish I could be there!

Offline Nial

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02/12/15, 05:55:54 AM »
I realize it's not pertaining precisely to either CA cities, but having one in colorado might be nice, if there's enough people from around here. 

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02/12/15, 09:09:58 AM »
Nice to see these still happening.  Being a few timezones out of the CA area Colorado would be better for me too- though suppose could always have a Plans/Central meet up there at a diff time.  Though my travel budget's not very big, be cool if enough wanted it

Also love the idea of a google-hangout/video meet-up scheduled sometime during, so could include all the folks from far, and other continents too. 

Bolas

« Reply #12 on: 02/12/15, 10:57:21 AM »
I realize it's not pertaining precisely to either CA cities, but having one in colorado might be nice, if there's enough people from around here.
Nice to see these still happening.  Being a few timezones out of the CA area Colorado would be better for me too- though suppose could always have a Plans/Central meet up there at a diff time.  Though my travel budget's not very big, be cool if enough wanted it

The humor here is that the last two years have been in Colorado - Denver, to be precise. Unfortunately I am not able to keep up that tradition as I am no longer living in that area, and there had been a calling during both years for a West-Coast version as well.

Also love the idea of a google-hangout/video meet-up scheduled sometime during, so could include all the folks from far, and other continents too. 

There'll be a larger post with more details once we have location/date settled, but traditionally we've had the entirety of the GeekOut be joinable via a community program of some sort. There will always be a way for those on the internet to participate with those who are there, I promise that.

Offline Taelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02/18/15, 02:26:12 PM »
I definitely have to vote for LA, as that's closest to me and with my schedule the way it is, I wouldn't be able to take a trip down to San Jose without killing me. :P Anyway, just my two cents. I look forward to the event!
"Who we are is determined by not only our actions and beliefs, but how we perceive ourselves and others."

Characters: Taelyn Vale (BH-IMP), Fayru (JK-REP), Tes'hi'nryu (IA-IMP), Azkirael (JK-REP), Raelyth Stryker (SW-IMP), and others.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02/18/15, 03:03:24 PM »
Very nice to hear, @Bolas  I'll keep my ears open on telecommute options! 

]]>