Shoutbox

Author Topic: Starting an Imperial side GSF team!  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Dorian

• I'm a holy half-dead who has seen the Underverse
    • View Profile
Starting an Imperial side GSF team!
« on: 05/27/15, 05:53:39 PM »
Audaine, Bolas, Aylaa, and I have been flying together in premades a bit over the last couple of days and the idea came about of starting a team for GSF like they seem to have on the Republic side. They have more than just a team, but an entire guild that focuses on that part of the game.

So we were thinking that it would be cool if we got our own team going imperial side. Using the BC raidcall to organize and coordinate our flying with one another. I am sure one of my fellows will likely do a better job of dressing this up than I, but I wanted to put the idea out there to anyone who might want to join in on such a thing.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: Starting an Imperial side GSF team!
« Reply #1 on: 05/27/15, 06:46:03 PM »
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!

Offline Aruetii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/27/15, 08:06:15 PM »
I would absolutely love that, even if I'm still new to GSF.

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/27/15, 08:37:03 PM »
Dirty Imp scum!

As always, I'm happy to fly with you guys. :) My true allegiance remains with the Republic, however...
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Dorian

• I'm a holy half-dead who has seen the Underverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/27/15, 08:42:16 PM »
I would absolutely love that, even if I'm still new to GSF.

Being new is alright with us! We will help you out with builds and anything you wish to ask.

Also Iaera, I would rather you fly with us then against us. You are scary like Ilireth.

Bolas

« Reply #5 on: 05/27/15, 11:58:11 PM »
Pub-side in general dominates Imp-side GSF as a general rule, but not because there's better players over on the Pub-side. The sheer number of pilots Pub-side outweighs Imp-side pilots, and there are several guilds/groups that coordinate -heavily-. They use voice to communicate during a match. They fly together. Even when they're not flying with anyone they know, their teamwork is practiced. This is why they dominate.

We want to have some of that same level.

Not everyone wants to be into GSF enough to practice flying in formations, syncing targets, strategy plays, and building synergy ships instead of solo-kill-ships. You don't have to want these things to come play with us. Consider it a... 'Sliding Scale Of Hardcore'? Only get into it as much as you desire to - we're just happy to have people to fly with.

I'll probably post up some group tactics and such in the GSF forum on specifics, to help folks learn in general, but we're looking to make something of a team of it too. Might be cause for a meta-Guildnet or something, I don't know.

Offline Chionesu Bakari

• GM Jedi Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/17/15, 01:29:31 PM »
Some of you know me but if you don't I am Chionesu Bakari, a Republic pilot and GM of Jedi Council a GSF "heavy" guild and  M3 is right, we use my guilds TS3 for voice chat all the time and other guilds join us on it as well and if you have everyone knowing their roles it is a big help to the group every pilot should have a job, any well oiled group can handle an "ACE" with ease, also a wingmen is critical in surviving matches without getting killed. We take time to talk about our builds, knowledge is a key in any victory. That being said my sister guild on the Imperial side will be turning into a GSF heavy guild as pilots from my "JC" guild are starting to fly Imp side and we will be taking in Imperial pilots that need a home so I hope to see you all in the skies soon
« Last Edit: 08/17/15, 01:40:59 PM by Chionesu Bakari »
"With all of us may the Force be, and may the peace of this temple be ours, a place open to thought and speech, a realm of mutual respect, and a haven of shared noble purpose. Let us take these seats together, with no one above the others. May we work together, free from the restraints of ego and jealousy, at this gathering and all others to come." ― The traditional oath during the Gathering

Offline Cathana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/23/15, 12:25:17 PM »
for all the new pilots out there.....type /cjoin gsf  to join the ingame gsf chat.
there you can chat with a lot of pilots and ask for others to team up for a match..or ask for info and so on..
we in Jedi Council  and sister guild Imperial Command are happy to add new pilots in our groups to have them fly with us .
So make use of the gsf chat all!!

Offline hamlinius

• GM Legion of the Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/19/15, 08:31:27 AM »
Well it's now November and GSF is nearly a year old. (?)  YaY!!  Congratulations to the Imp pilots I absolutely love flying against you guys.  You have a few pilots over there that are "frustratingly good"  (bastards ;P )  You may know me I'm Hamlinius I lead Arrow Squad the GSF arm of Legion of the Jedi.  (shameless plug)   There has been a big influx of new pilots lately, so happy to see this.  Sooooo If anyone needs a home pubside to fly with hit me up.  We are allied with Jedi Council so you know you'll get good training. ;)   on how not to retro into an asteroid.    or boost into a satellite at top speed.........(known as pulling a Chio or a Ham  respectively.)

2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2