Shoutbox

Poll

Where do you stand with Progression?

I am a heavy progression player.  I have completed all content.
I participate in progression, but my team is still working on it.
I am looking to participate in Progression, but don't know of any groups to join.
I used to participate until the server switches happened.
I do not participate in progression.

Author Topic: Progression Poll - Curiosity Hasn't Killed Me Yet.  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Yundara

• It is not the battle itself, but what you protect.
    • View Profile
Progression Poll - Curiosity Hasn't Killed Me Yet.
« on: 09/12/15, 02:12:47 PM »
Greetings, all!

I am a PvE player by default.  I participate in my guild's Progression and am just curious to see how many in this community still do, or are still looking to.  It seems that since the server switches happened, the PvE activity has gone either downhill or into hiding. 

So, as I said, I am curious to see where this community stands with it and who is interested in it.  If you would be so kind as to do the poll, I'd love to see the outcome. :)

Thanks!

- A Curious ProgHead.
The Begeren Battalion
Jedi Shadow - Infiltration / Kinetic Combat

Offline Nial

• View Profile
Re: Progression Poll - Curiosity Hasn't Killed Me Yet.
« Reply #1 on: 09/12/15, 02:23:36 PM »
I am totally down for progression.  Right now, I am mostly raiding on ebon hawk, but I do have  pub side and imp side toons at cap, and would love to start proging with them.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/12/15, 02:24:44 PM »
Howdy! Darkest Hour and co have a progish team (Team Make Stuff Dead)
We are working on a variety of things in NiM and HM. We have been frequently down a person, though it looks like we might have picked up a regular 8th :)

We have been using thr Leftovers site to try to coordinate with other smaller guilds, usually jaak and dcw, but we've also been seeing a drop off on people posting runs since before the server transfers. I would love to do and see more prog stuff back on bc.

Offline Yundara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/12/15, 02:42:36 PM »
I am totally down for progression.  Right now, I am mostly raiding on ebon hawk, but I do have  pub side and imp side toons at cap, and would love to start proging with them.

This warms my soul.  I'm the type that likes to do the ops constantly and really bog down and figure things out.  At one point recently, we had enough people in guild interested in progression that we had two teams formed, one of which I led, the other our other Raid Officer led.  Most of them never raided before or even knew how to parse, etc.  But we taught from scratch and had them parsing 4k+ by the time we hit Hard Mode Rav and it was so much fun.   However, we had some changes and lost a few people due to personal circumstances.

So now, we are down to one team and missing a couple people so our progression has kind of come to a halt.  It's frustrating sometimes. :/

Howdy! Darkest Hour and co have a progish team (Team Make Stuff Dead)
We are working on a variety of things in NiM and HM. We have been frequently down a person, though it looks like we might have picked up a regular 8th :)

We have been using thr Leftovers site to try to coordinate with other smaller guilds, usually jaak and dcw, but we've also been seeing a drop off on people posting runs since before the server transfers. I would love to do and see more prog stuff back on bc.

I agree.  I miss the hardcore prog.  I miss watching leaderboards fill up and seeing the progression trackers.  As a part of development for incorporating more things on this site, I have expressed interest in getting those kinds of things up and running again.  But, the point of this poll was to see if it would even be worth it yet.  On the other hand, if it is here, it may attract more interest to it and get more involved, yeah?
The Begeren Battalion

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/12/15, 03:05:36 PM »
The awesome PvP/PvE guild I had long been part of, dating back to 2012 when the Aussie servers were still around, finally decided to move to Harbinger about this time last year to see what the PvE scene was like over there. Sadly, to my knowledge, it died out soon after. I did prog content in its entirety from way back when HM/NiM KP or EV was considered progression, all the way up to about...update 2.6 or 2.7, but since, I've barely done any raiding due to having no-one to raid with. (Still have yet to go into The Ravagers at all!)

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Wandering Warrior
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Nial

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/12/15, 03:08:09 PM »
Yeah, hate it when teams dissolve.  We'd gotten past HM bulo when mine dissolved a number of months ago.  Really miss it.

Offline Yundara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/12/15, 03:20:20 PM »
The awesome PvP/PvE guild I had long been part of, dating back to 2012 when the Aussie servers were still around, finally decided to move to Harbinger about this time last year to see what the PvE scene was like over there. Sadly, to my knowledge, it died out soon after. I did prog content in its entirety from way back when HM/NiM KP or EV was considered progression, all the way up to about...update 2.6 or 2.7, but since, I've barely done any raiding due to having no-one to raid with. (Still have yet to go into The Ravagers at all!)

D: We need to get you into a Rav, STAT.  This is unacceptable. lol.

Yeah, hate it when teams dissolve.  We'd gotten past HM bulo when mine dissolved a number of months ago.  Really miss it.

Yeah, that's where our team was at.  HM Torque and HM Underlurker before we had to pause.  Being that it is what I do mostly, I get frustrated daily because I can't just pick up and do it with or without them.  So, I end up twiddling my thumbs, because FP queues are even hours long, Ops queues don't pop.  Half the ops you may PUG end up taking forever, due to afk's, first-timers, etc.  (Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with any of it, but sometimes you just want to go in and do it and make it a wham-bam, thank you ma'am type deal.)
The Begeren Battalion

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/12/15, 04:19:55 PM »

I agree.  I miss the hardcore prog.  I miss watching leaderboards fill up and seeing the progression trackers.  As a part of development for incorporating more things on this site, I have expressed interest in getting those kinds of things up and running again.  But, the point of this poll was to see if it would even be worth it yet.  On the other hand, if it is here, it may attract more interest to it and get more involved, yeah?

There has always been expressed interest from the RP community but then few people show up. I don't know if it is due to intimidation or people not understanding it's not like an RP event where if you sign up but miss it doesn't stop the fun from happening, because you NEED a full team for some of this stuff, or what. :( There have also been fewer Rpers who also raid to help things along and to fill out teams and teach the Raid-curious, which hasn't helped to field ops. maybe being assured there are more folks there with the intent of having fun/teaching will help more people show up?

I'd love to do some runs before the expansion and get people titles before they go Poof, and there are always decorations to nab! having more PvE types around to help run stuff could maybe get more of the raid-curious into the mix and also build more of a network between those who do the raiding content? I know my circle of known folks has shrunk, but there are more out there I probably don't know

How about the other heavy PvE Guilds? I know We've been trying to adopt  /Cjoin BCO as the server-wide Ops channel. Should we try to actively generate interest by advertising EV/KP runs on fleet and/or reaching out specifically to guild leads?

Offline Yundara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/12/15, 05:28:26 PM »
I mean, essentially, that was what the Server Summits were about.  Building that bridge between all of it, and tat's what this site was offered up as.  So, I think it's more a matter of starting?  I wouldn't mind assisting in filling out some raids and what not.  Of course, my primary concern has to be my guild, but, I see it being beneficial to both guild and server.

I will pass around the BCO channel in guild as well. 

In terms of progression, though, I think it's an intimidating word.  Folks that are hardcore Progression have strict requirements, schedules, and are masters of their classes/roles, etc.  So that can be intimidating to anyone who is raid-curious when the word "Progression" is used. 

If we wanted to start a "new raider friendly" event to get more people doing them and learning them in a relaxed environment, that could open them up to doing more as they learn more, you know? :)  I'm all about the teaching!
The Begeren Battalion

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/12/15, 06:07:04 PM »
I mean, essentially, that was what the Server Summits were about.  Building that bridge between all of it, and tat's what this site was offered up as. 

In terms of progression, though, I think it's an intimidating word.  Folks that are hardcore Progression have strict requirements, schedules, and are masters of their classes/roles, etc.  So that can be intimidating to anyone who is raid-curious when the word "Progression" is used. 

If we wanted to start a "new raider friendly" event to get more people doing them and learning them in a relaxed environment, that could open them up to doing more as they learn more, you know? :)  I'm all about the teaching!

So true. I don't raid at all and I typically avoid group content in SWTOR. It's not that I mind being a team player but I'm not hardcore into combat and I'm frequently laggy which takes my efficiency in healing waay down. But I did at least try to help fill out one of the groups that was tried la while back. I think I was only one of two people that showed up so it didn't happened, but I was at least willing to try once.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Rixbo

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09/12/15, 08:59:28 PM »
Myself and my guild, Dendarii Mercenary Fleet are into progression. We are a primary PvE orientated guild with 2 different groups tackling HM ToS/Rav.  We are also working on a bunch of the old Nightmare 55 content with allies Synovian Empire. So far we've got Hateful, From Beyond, Dragonslayer, and Gatecrasher.

tl:dr  Progression is still being done by some guilds on this server.  :grin:

Offline Yundara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09/12/15, 10:12:59 PM »
Myself and my guild, Dendarii Mercenary Fleet are into progression. We are a primary PvE orientated guild with 2 different groups tackling HM ToS/Rav.  We are also working on a bunch of the old Nightmare 55 content with allies Synovian Empire. So far we've got Hateful, From Beyond, Dragonslayer, and Gatecrasher.

tl:dr  Progression is still being done by some guilds on this server.  :grin:

That's great :) I'm glad it's still happening.  I believe my group is reforming next week to hit HM again. Crossing my fingers that we do well!
The Begeren Battalion

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09/13/15, 01:18:42 PM »
Krayt is now the server wide raid channel, as a result of the summits. Type /cjoin Krayt on both imperial and republic side and you'll get in.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09/13/15, 01:27:19 PM »
Krayt is now the server wide raid channel, as a result of the summits. Type /cjoin Krayt on both imperial and republic side and you'll get in.

I was told bco was the new server ops channel. We need to pick one and communicate that.

Offline kitaree

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09/13/15, 04:20:02 PM »
I'm up for raiding, I can do DPS at a fairly decent level either Imp or Pub, but I left hardcore raiding a while back, I don't want something that lasts until the early hours.

Handle = new smfCaptcha("http://www.begerencolony.org/index.php?action=verificationcode;vid=post;rand=c30ee7e9ef5a85e92637c1e4e7e40f55", "post", 1); // ]]>