Shoutbox

Author Topic: PvP Games  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
PvP Games
« on: 09/26/15, 10:50:40 AM »
So, inspired by the fun I had in the PvP area of Ilum during the last Gree week, I had some ideas for some PvP games that might bring large groups in, rather than just one group sitting, bored, taking out the lone players coming through, but with no large group to challenge them. All of this is still just at the "Hey, I have an idea!" stage. I welcome comments on my ideas (please keep them kind even if they're criticisms) as well as anyone else's ideas along these lines.
If any of the ideas strike your fancy and you want to organise an event, you don't need my permission. Have fun with it! If you'd like a hand organising one of these games as an event, send me a pm!

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Games
« Reply #1 on: 09/26/15, 10:54:46 AM »
Capture the flag

Two teams of players, in PvP area of Ilum or Dealer's Den.
Each team choses one member to be the "flag". The flag must wear an agreed upon outfit or colour, or some other visual marker to identify them as the flag. Each team must defend their flag while trying to take out the other team's flag. First team to take out the opposing flag wins.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/26/15, 11:05:22 AM »
Huttball (kind of)

This game requires a referee at one end of the area and a "goal" (organiser) at the other end. I think Dealer's Den would be better for this than Ilum, though it might also be fun in the Dune Sea as long as everyone flags for PvP.
The referee trades an object (something unusual) to a random player at the beginning. If the player carrying the object is killed, he or she must trade the object to the player who made the kill. The player who manages to trade the object to the "goal" wins.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/26/15, 11:10:33 AM »
Prisoner rescue

This would be a guild vs guild event in whichever PvP area is agreed upon. The rescuing guild provides the capturing guild with a member to be the prisoner. Once the capturing guild is set up, the rescuing guild has an agreed upon amount of time to rescue their member. If they fail, they must pay the capturing guild a ransom that was agreed upon before the event.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/26/15, 05:11:42 PM »
I've also thought it would be cool to do some sort of organized PVP, particularly if it involves the sort good spirit that RPers can bring, or that you can get with intra-guild events.

I think all of these sound like a lot of fun. I would probably lean toward your versions of Capture the Flag or Huttball. I would probably suggest doing it on Ilum, as that is usually totally dead, and there's less chance of griefers interfering. Granted, Outlaw's Den is pretty dead as well, but you still periodically get people who show up there that might disrupt attempts at organized event.

I had actually considered trying to organize something like this on a smaller scale as a guild event, except in my Yavin stronghold, and using the Huttball decoration, and perhaps Revanite Altars as goalposts. :) I thought the Huttball decoration, given its random explodiness, could add a fun level of chaos. I was thinking that it could play very much as you would expect, with the person carrying the ball trying to get across the goal post (alive), with the added benefit that the decoration allows you to pass the pall to other people on your team. What was missing here was testing exactly what sort of PVP flagging is permitted in the Yavin SH, something which I never had enough people online (and from opposing factions) at the same time to do. I don't suppose anyone else has tested what sorts of flagging are permitted there?
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Cathana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/20/15, 12:44:18 AM »
I resently made a post on rp forum about the same thing....
Guilds should get out there strongholds and flagships more and start beein more active on planets.
its a good way to atract new players ....and dont go slaughter them...but take then under your wing and teatch them!
80% of players complain about bc dying out as server...and many already went to other servers like harbringer...
Problem with that is ...people all wait for it to pop up right before them...but we all forget that if we want something ..we have to work for it...
we need to use our fantasy and need to get out the sh and start doing stuff again!!.
There is a lack of leaders ..people who can and want to orginize stuff.......i know its a lot of work..but it could come back at you ten fold..

le="TinyPortal">TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2