Shoutbox

Poll

Which charity would you most like your donation to go to?

Beyond Blue
14 (53.8%)
Australian Childhood Foundation
7 (26.9%)
The Fred Hollows Foundation
1 (3.8%)
National Breast Cancer Foundation
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Hunks of the Old Republic 2016 Calendar  (Read 30004 times)

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
Hunks of the Old Republic 2016 Calendar
« on: 11/20/15, 05:18:30 AM »
So, after @Erakleon and others making countless jokes about me drawing a male-model calendar of peoples characters, I thought - why the hell not? And we're gonna do it for charity.

My idea is this: I'll put up a list of months at some point before January. People can 'reserve' a month for one of their characters. You maybe only apply once per player, which means you get to choose one character and apply with them. Reserving a month for your character means donating a certain amount (undecided as of yet) to the charity in question.
I have not decided on a charity yet - unsure of whether I should contact a particular charity, maybe through the 501st, or just have people donate a certain amount to a charity of their choice and show me the receipt. It will probably be the first option, to be able to keep tabs.

At this point this is just an idea - I'm trying to gauge interest, it's not yet a definite. So any opinions and helpful hints are welcome, and please don't ask to reserve a month yet, or I'll just ignore you.

For instance, this project largely depends on whether I can get up to date with my commission list by the end of the year.

Rules & Other Things

- Yes, I do mean a load of our characters possibly shirtless and in empowered, adorable, or sexy poses. For charity.

- Yes, it's called 'Hunks of the Old Republic', so it will be male characters only. If this idea goes ahead and goes well, and I'm still here or not dead in 2017, I might do a 'Successful Women of the Old Republic 2017 Calendar'. #reversesexism, right?

- That said if you have a character who identifies as male, or agender, you can still apply with them.*

- Yes, Imperial characters are allowed, 'Old Republic' is just referred to the time period.

- These will not be in poor taste. Trust me, I'm a feminist. :halo:

- Yes I will chat to you about preferences for how your character is depicted.

- The 'no genitalia' rule stands. It's a calendar. Plus we wouldn't want anyone getting penis-envy towards Reithan.

- I am not obligated to accept your reservation :halo: . I am the artist, I call the shots. Although if for whatever reason I decline to accept, I will do so politely, privately, and with good reason**. If that does not sit well with you, you are still verymuch welcome to donate money to a charity anytime you like. :aww:

- Oh and yeah, only one character per person. That said, if you're adamant, I am happy to put two characters on one month, for maybe an extra fee towards the charity***

- And yes charity means only real money will be accepted. At the moment I am thinking of having a base amount people can pay, ($30-40), but they are welcome to pay as much extra as they want.

- The charity will likely be an Australian one. Mainly because of the strength (or lack thereof) of the Aussie dollar, meaning what you donate will be significantly more in AUD. I am thinking it will either go to a childrens charity, or mental health charity.

- Might be teaming up with a fellow artist so we can do alternating months. again depends on interest.

*Yes, this is fair.
**'I don't like you' is a good reason. So is 'you're mean'.
***Not sexing each other though.

Enthusiasm, questions, comments and stuff concerning the topic in general is very very welcome :) Gogogo!
« Last Edit: 11/20/15, 05:23:46 AM by Aolanni »
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Malkerik

• Get Paid, Get Made, Gatorade
    • View Profile
Re: Hunks of the Old Republic 2016 Calendar
« Reply #1 on: 11/20/15, 05:29:32 AM »
Yes.

Yes!

YES!!!!!

Holonet Page - ''Updated Pre Time Skip''

Act I: Unbroken Silence

Imp - Malkerik :nuu: Raeith :darkside: Predatus :darkside:      :nuu: Malkeric :lightside: Arkavim :lightside: MusiAH - Pub

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/20/15, 05:35:15 AM »
@Dassalya, Could totally get Nulaa a Kyrylo pin-up. :nerd:

ON A SECOND NOTE It could be cool to possibly have like 10% or 20% of the proceeds go towards website hosting for BC.org. These things always have great possibility for donation drive. :aww:
« Last Edit: 11/20/15, 05:38:35 AM by Audaine »

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/20/15, 10:35:45 AM »
This. Is. AWESOME!!!!

I'm totally in.

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/20/15, 10:42:58 AM »
Ooooooh, totes would donate. Gimme eye candy!!!!

Offline Aredanus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/20/15, 11:34:59 AM »
This is definitely the best investment ever. Sign me up! :P
Colonel of the 10/24th Guards Rifle Regiment

Dark Lord of the 509th Assault Battalion

Saviour and Destroyer of a thousand worlds and ten thousand battlefields

If not us, then who?

Offline Malkerik

• Get Paid, Get Made, Gatorade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/20/15, 11:44:54 AM »
- The 'no genitalia' rule stands.

BUT MALK HAS NO OTHER REDEEMING QUALITIES!!!!

Except dem Abs. Nope, nevermind. I'm pacified.

Holonet Page - ''Updated Pre Time Skip''

Act I: Unbroken Silence

Imp - Malkerik :nuu: Raeith :darkside: Predatus :darkside:      :nuu: Malkeric :lightside: Arkavim :lightside: MusiAH - Pub

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/20/15, 12:29:04 PM »
I don't have money or male organic characters to devote to this but it is an impressive idea. I hope it has much success. :grin: Audaine is right though, it would be nice if some money went to the site too. :aww:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/20/15, 12:53:29 PM »
Oh, not just yes but hells ya.  Caben's been doing this IC for years, I am all for this. :D

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11/20/15, 01:14:37 PM »
I don't have money or male organic characters to devote to this but it is an impressive idea. I hope it has much success. :grin: Audaine is right though, it would be nice if some money went to the site too. :aww:

It would be but from what I read it is on Aolanni and one other person volunteering. If it was a collaboration with the other artists on the site, then I could see it being a fun idea/fundraiser. But as it stands now I don't think Aolanni should feel obligated to give any of the money she receives from doing this

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/20/15, 01:16:00 PM »
This is absolutely genius.
Best idea since sliced bread, and any following innovation in break baking, making and articulating.

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Wandering Warrior
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11/20/15, 01:26:17 PM »
It would be but from what I read it is on Aolanni and one other person volunteering. If it was a collaboration with the other artists on the site, then I could see it being a fun idea/fundraiser. But as it stands now I don't think Aolanni should feel obligated to give any of the money she receives from doing this

I would just assume that people who feel like donating would send a little over to the site too, not that Aolanni has to share what is going to the charity. If I understand correctly. Site donations don't have to be as much as the charity donation. If I had the extra funds I would gladly chip in to keep the site up since it's where we all hang out together.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/20/15, 01:43:51 PM »

I would just assume that people who feel like donating would send a little over to the site too, not that Aolanni has to share what is going to the charity. If I understand correctly. Site donations don't have to be as much as the charity donation. If I had the extra funds I would gladly chip in to keep the site up since it's where we all hang out together.

Yeah I'd say the artists kindly offering such an awesome service get trump vote on the given charity... so long as its not funding terrorism or whale murder hehe. 

Part of me would love to pitch in too, though my drawing arm is a bit rusty and I lack the digital posting/editing options of most here.  But if any brainstorming or rough concept sketches would help, let me know! 

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11/20/15, 03:04:14 PM »
I love this idea!

*Makes space on the wall for Minnette's calendar with Caben's photo in it and grins @SivWysan *

If we wanted to make a donation to cover the participation of a character who's player doesn't have the funds to do so, would that be feasible? I know, I'm asking this question early, so doesn't need an immediate reply.

Also, will the rest of us then be able to make our own charity donations to buy a copy of the calendar?

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/20/15, 03:10:59 PM »
And suddenly I wish I had more male characters.

Totally endorsed, Ao. Nulaa would love a Kyrylo pin up. And for an admirable cause!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

roundHover: "#e0e0f0" }); } // ]]>