Shoutbox

Linked Events

• December Begeren Colony Summit: 12/12/15

Author Topic: December Begeren Colony Summit  (Read 8111 times)

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
December Begeren Colony Summit
« on: 11/24/15, 11:26:38 PM »
Hello again, the November Summit has been moved to December 12th 7pm pst. Sorry for the inconvenience. We have had some issues with times available and RL in the coordination team.

Current topics:

-Future of the Summits
-Summit Coordination Committee (we need more people helping the organization process)
-How to address our media campaign
-Server Website changes and/or additions
-Server Website activity
-Large Scale events
-Days and times of future summits
-Has anything changed

As always we are open to feedback and ideas for topics that matter to you. Please feel free to bring up anything on your mind that could be helpful to discuss.

we are planning the next Summit and would like some input on the best times and days for availability for as many players as can come. Please take the 10 seconds to vote in the following strawpolls to help us get your voice heard. http://strawpoll.me/5895637 for the day of the week you are most likely available and http://strawpoll.me/5895695 for the time slot you prefer on the day you are available.  Please let everyone you know about this so they may be able to attend. Also if you have any ideas to add to the agenda we are drafting please feel free to post them here. It is helpful if after you complete the polls if you could say if you are interested and who you are in game below as well. Thank you for joining in our efforts to bring the community together. This Summit will be in Teamspeak3.

~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Colonial Alliance)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
« Last Edit: 12/07/15, 11:26:33 PM by Dezzrevas »
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
Re: December Begeren Colony Summit
« Reply #1 on: 12/05/15, 09:53:29 PM »
Just letting folks know, it appears the calendar has not moved event from 12/5 to 12/12.  Might want to try and fix that too for clarity? (or make new event).  @Dezzrevas

Still hoping to make some, though my contributions will be a bit limited as the Wraith's next big KotFE Episode will be that eve. 

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/05/15, 09:57:24 PM »
I'm not going to be able to make it as my old computer has gotten exceedingly grumpy about even running the programs that it's had for some time, so I don't want to try and fumble and fight to get a new program working. But I will definitely follow the proceedings that make it back to the forums.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Rivoso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/11/15, 02:34:49 PM »
On behalf of Dezz,

The summit crew is currently looking for a note-taker for the upcoming Summit meaning for us RPers here on BC.org.

If anyone is interested, contact Dezzrevas in game and he can relay the details to you from there. :)
"Ah, yes. It's an older RPer, but he still checks out." -The Best Imperial Officer

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/12/15, 07:16:34 PM »
sorry folks, my teamspeak comp is down for a few days.  Hope it goes well!

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/12/15, 08:40:28 PM »
Begeren Colony Server Summit Notes:

Begeren Colony Current Website, and Other Options
   - Past week the admins of bc.org have withdrawn support/allegiance w/ the summits but fine for people to use the website. Switch to being RP focused
   - Pros/Cons:
      ○ How long until they don't want us to keep using the website?
      ○ Easier to maintain and don't have to worry about code
   - Options:
      ○ Can switch to enjin for doing events and having a website for the summits
      ○ Another option is "shitvr" to host the website
   - Who will run the website?:
      ○ Shar (?) knows how to code for enjin
      ○ Gil knows how to use shivtr
      ○ Example of enjin site: http://knightsofpeace.net/
      ○ Suggestion- collaboration among a bunch of people. Vote on people
   - Decision: Vote to use shivtr or enjin
      ○ Number of people here: 19
      ○ Enjin: 12
      ○ Shivtr: 4

Enjin Website
   - Suggestion: Dezz for creating it as he's been organizing the summits
   - Wait for 50 people to register non-GMs before start paying
      ○ GMS should get guild members to use the site
      ○ Set time range to see how much activity occurs, make it a test trial from now until the next summit
   - Quote: 15 Guilds multiplied by a minimum of 100-150 members each lists possible of amounts 1500 - 2250 people
   - Timeframe: now and June

Future Summits
   - Anyone want to jump into summit creation committee?
      ○ Xexeb is willing to
      ○ Matt volunteers guild's TS, as well as helping to get others to it
      ○ Crimsen can be the permanent notetaker
      ○ Umbrous suggests all GMs encourage other GMs from other guilds to go to the summits
   - Goal: get community active through the active guilds collaborating

Media Campaign:
   - Have a twitter page for begeren colony
   - Need to work on facebook page
      ○ A bit quiet
      ○ Posting what we can
   - Twitter Page: twitter.com/begerencolony
   - Twitch Channel:  http://www.twitch.tv/begerencolony/profile
   - Twitch: Suggesting community twitch
      ○ Youtube and Twitch-- Rixbo will help out
      ○ Need a Youtube channel too
   - Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY19tLmvf8y7Q9wn6Vm9_qw/feed
   - Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/BegerenColonyConglomerate/?ref=hl
   - Privately message Crimsonas emails so can get information (either in TS or in-game)

Plans for Large Scale Events
   - Open world PvP events
      ○ Touched on a lot
      ○ Anyone to spearhead it?
         § Dark Origins could PvP
         § Master Gil could as well
   - The Origin Guild will hope to organize cantina night for imp and pub side
      ○ Music and games set up
      ○ Include lottery the different guilds there
      ○ Assistance? Will take any help (Dezz volunteers)

Other Topics:
   - Tech for the server is older than the tech on the Harbinger and other servers
      ○ Go to the devs about to get it updated
      ○ Can the community go do that?
   - Things to consider when approaching other guilds?:
      ○ Mission Statement?
         § Example: Website where Begeren Colony guilds come together in order to collaborate.
      ○ What do we want to  do?
      ○ Top 5 things we offer guilds?
      ○ As we put together things like website and Facebook page, have it a page where it explains what we're all about
   - PVE Side of the game?
      ○ Dezz's guilds has open raid night every night, which is collaboration with other guilds
         § Raid time: 7:30 pacific
         § Will get into detail when website is created
      ○ Promote Krayt calendar to promote pugging for ops runs
      ○ Will use the website to get information on events out

Website/Online Resources/In-Game Resources
- Twitter Page: twitter.com/begerencolony
- Twitch Channel:  http://www.twitch.tv/begerencolony/profile
- Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY19tLmvf8y7Q9wn6Vm9_qw/feed
- Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/BegerenColonyConglomerate/?ref=hl

Custom Channels:
//cjoin thegathering <-- Imp side (GM+1)
// /cjoin senate <-- Pub Side (GM+1)
// /cjoin warzone <-- Both sides (please join to get faster groups n spread the channel)
// /cjoin gsf <-- Both sides (please join to get faster groups n spread the channel)
// /cjoin Krayt ← Both faction OPS channel
// /cjoin republicooc ← Pub RP
// /cjoin imperialooc ← Imp RP

Next Guild Summit: Weekend of January 15/16 Summit
[/b]

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/12/15, 09:38:29 PM »
Were there any RP topics raised at all? Is "The Origin Guild will hope to organize cantina night for imp and pub side" a reference to an OOC or IC event?

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/12/15, 10:00:36 PM »
Thanks for such copious notes folks. 

Can sure pass on website options to Guild.  One downside I see for facebook and twitter is folks preferring privacy online might not reply- but still a useful way to announce stuff. 

Dancer's Palace remains an open Cross-Faction RP cantina every Friday too.  Seraphie and all the staff are in process of some brainstorming of ways to have the famous "neutral ground" on NS be influenced by the new Zakuul era- but I'll leave to her to announce when ready.  Encourage Origin and other folks to continue posting events to our Calendar, essp RP meetups! 

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/12/15, 10:10:07 PM »
Were there any RP topics raised at all? Is "The Origin Guild will hope to organize cantina night for imp and pub side" a reference to an OOC or IC event?

Not really. Though that item I believe is IC.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/12/15, 11:08:37 PM »
Alright. Not sure how to contact The Origin guild, but I'll see what I can do to help.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12/13/15, 08:13:59 AM »
Here is a way to get in touch, @Imazi: http://begerencommunityhq.enjin.com

It's the new enjin website they made to connect three people who are active at the summits.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12/13/15, 10:08:07 AM »
Thanks very much for the thorough notes! They're much appreciated! Unfortunately, when the summit got moved, it got moved to an evening when I was running an rp event, so I couldn't make it. I'll try to make the next one.

Sorry if I'm raining on the parade, but I was honestly rather disappointed in what I read, and not just in the almost complete absence of rp discussion. A few of my thoughts so far...

1) I'm not likely to use a second website. As it is I'm in a couple guilds with their own websites, separate from here, and I find the multiple locations annoying. I post here. I already make the occasional double post for those guilds. I'm not triple posting. Of course, what I post pertains almost exclusively to rp, so if the new website is primarly geared for pve, pvp and gsf, then keeping a general eye on it would be all that's needed and the community there won't care if they're missing my posts.

2) Facebook, Twitter, etc. I keep away from those for the most part with my real life identity, over privacy concerns. I'm not going to touch them with my online pseudonym. But I realise that many people do use them, for both real life and gaming, and don't have the same concerns over online privacy, so I hope it yields some of the results you're looking for.

3) Open world pvp. To me, this is an illustration of part of what led the admins of this site to back away from such intensive support of the summits. I started a thread with some suggestions for open world pvp games once we had an appropriate pvp forum. I pvp very little, and am not particularly good at it, but I had a lot of fun last Gree week and it inspired me, and I was excited by the prospect of there finally being more pvp'ers on this website, not just rp'ers, who might be able to build on those ideas, or help with those ideas, or give me constructive criticism on those ideas.... and I got two replies. (And thank you to the two who replied! I was glad to know at least somebody looked at it!) So... I hope your new website gets more regular attention, otherwise, not sure it'll get any further than this website did with forums for the various groups.

4) And yeah... we have a community cantina night. We have, in fact, three weekly community events (sorry, not really counting Rishi anymore), one pub side, one imp side and one cross-faction cantina one. That someone would say, "Hey, we'll start up a community cantina night" to me, just shows how much this wonderful already existing website is being ignored by some of the summit participants. Not that there's anything wrong with more rp events, but... well, if the point of the summits was unity, and some of the participants chose to ignore the large community that is here, then you aren't really aiming for unity.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12/13/15, 11:51:55 AM »
Yeah, I can't do much with the PVE and PVP elements of the game, but maybe it's be more convenient for those who do to use the Enjin site. *shrug* Also, I don't really use social media except to follow the link for more information when patch notes are slow in coming.

However, people like the origin might not know about the weekly events here so we can at least try to inform them. If they are planning a more loosely IC event then it would be a different thing. We'll see. I don't know how many people from here were at the summit, but unless there is a decent amount of us, I can't imagine there being too many RP topics brought up since RPers are a much smaller niche group.

Edit: Thanks @Crimsen I checked the site, but it doesn't look like The Origin is set up there yet.
« Last Edit: 12/13/15, 11:54:38 AM by Imazi »

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12/13/15, 03:10:25 PM »
To @Imazi and @Seraphie: I do not want to bring up drama, but they probably don't want to bring up RP given the recent friction between the RP leaders of BC who run the site and the people in charge of the server. Hopefully as time goes on things will be worked out, and reconciliation will happen some how.

As for Seraphie's points:
1) I don't like the idea of another site either, but since I am already on enjin I figure might as well use those credentials. My understanding behind an enjin site coming out of the summits was a result of them figuring that they can use bc.org for now but that could change as time goes on.

I can understand the caution, though I would not want to jump ship right away.

2) I totally understand when it comes to the social media. I am hesitant myself with Facebook and Twitter. Thankfully, I may have made Crimsen a facebook and twitter page so I can follow SWTOR stuff without my private information given away.

3) I remember JuniorMonk attempting to grow casual PvP in the community through the kickball movement. Unfortunately it died too when changes to ranked PvP came out. I'm no PvP expert BUT I do hope all aspects of our server (PvE, PvP, and RP) are able too grow somehow, some way

4) You're right, we have community events during the week. BUT that shouldn't discourage other guilds and other people from having their own events. With our without official support from the website, communication should still be kept open between the different groups. I don't want to see RPers, PvPers, and PvE-ers relegated to their own separate groups. It's unfortunate there has been some communication breakdown but it can be pulled back together. I think one way to pull it back is to maybe freely exchange calendar dates? YOu know, RP events get posted on the new enjin website and then PvE/PvP events get posted here. Baby steps but baby steps are all that's needed to being a journey of 1000miles.

Offline Hektor

• Captain of the Antebullem
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12/13/15, 04:03:47 PM »
This message is being posted on behalf of dezzrevas since he can't do it himself.

response to seraphie's questions and comments.
1: I am sorry it came to the use of another site entity for coordination this was not something that I wished to do. The few people that did come here from the summits myself not included felt they were greeted with hostility and a generally unwelcoming attitude. I do not agree fully with this notion however that is the taste they got from the limited interactions with this website. They have not seen as of yet the vibrant welcoming community filled with such good people that I have been blessed to interact with. My hope is that this negative perception over time is dissolved. But only by working together can this be attained. As for http://begerencommunityhq.enjin.com/ being mostly geared toward PVE PVP and GSF well that is not the intention. All aspects of the game will be represented as best as we can manage in the for mentioned website. We would be at a loss if your wonderful events were not included in the calendar so my hope is that we can get them on there as much as possible.

2.Facebook, twitter, twitch and youtube are now the staples of social media in this age. These are simply tools there for anyone who feels comfortable with using them.

3. I regret that I have not seen your pvp open world games Seraphie. But I would love to see what you have come up with. There may be much more support for you to have those ideas realized.

4.The summit member that proposed the meet and greet event is one of the many from the summits that is not used to a forum based communication. "That site is just so confusing for me to get around I don't know where to find anything."(Gilrob-Gm of The Origin) That and it seems the sign up system is glitched for the site. The problem others are facing is there is no code word anymore hidden in the guidelines agreement when making an account. If memory serves me the word was bluemonkey before but that didn't work for them either. That said this site does take some getting used to since there are so many alcoves of wonder welling up all around. Basically what I'm getting at is there is no intention to just ignore any aspect of this site. Personally I would like to find more ways to bridge the gap between this site and the summits. Unity and cooperation has always been the goal of the summits.
|Hektor|Faust|Thrawl|