Shoutbox

Author Topic: Interest in RP GSF Events?  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Interest in RP GSF Events?
« on: 04/12/16, 06:38:58 PM »
Although I predominately lurk (both on site and on the fringes of the server's RP in general), I've long been wracking my brain trying to come up with contributions I could make to the RP scene. As a long-time table-top GM, I tend to think first of stuff I can host or help to organize, since I'm comfortable in that realm.

But instead of trying to forge too far into areas other community members are already keeping alive, I thought maybe I could try to bring to life an area for which there isn't already a community event that meets the need.

As I am a great lover of SWTOR's Galactic Starfighter pvp, and have a great deal of experience with it, it occurred to me that this might be something around which I could contribute.

So, I was just wondering... is there any interest out there in activities that would combine RP around starfighters, and GSF gameplay itself?

I am currently considering trying to design some events around three interconnected concepts:

• Actual OOC tutorials around the GSF PVP mini-game itself. These could be in chat (chatroom or in-game chat channel), or even in voice chat if there's an interest there.
  • RP events tied directly to scheduled GSF gameplay; setting an IC agenda and letting the results of the matches determine some of the RP fallout.
  • Free-form RP based around starfighter themed events. This could be just bookends around GSF gameplay, or an open RP night in a Stronghold with a starfighter theme (already built and ready to go), or even open world or chatroom based events.

Obviously no one would be obligated to participate in GSF gameplay if they didn't wish to. But I thought I would make an OOC GSF component an option, because it's a great mini-game that unfortunately has an extremely steep learning curve, and I hoped that some patient and friendly tutorials and training sessions with fellow RPers might be welcome to those who were curious but didn't want to dive into that ocean alone.

So here I am, putting out feelers to gauge what level of interest, if any, there might be in this sort of event.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: 04/12/16, 07:43:54 PM by Niarra »
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
Re: Interest in RP GSF Events?
« Reply #1 on: 04/12/16, 07:26:12 PM »
Sounds like something my characters, and the Wraiths could definitely enjoy.  We have several squadron's for RP purposes, including a few members who do a lot of GSF and a few more willing to learn.  Still primarily an RP Guild but I'd love to find more ways for us to hook in and get to tie some of our stories to the GSF community!  Be fun to have a GSF/RP night, essp weeks where it could help in Conquest goals.

Some personal limitations prevent me from doing a ton of pvp in one sitting, but I'd be happy to help spread word/get folks together and assist in some of the RP end.  We have active plots both early Timeskip/Height of Zakuul Invasion and current, and love to find ways bigger Guild relations could come out of folks we fly with! 

Actually have a pretty developed Fleet IC, in addition to our flagship, that could play into plots.  The Dauntless, our small custom stealth dwarf carrier (old bulk-cargo hauler completely rebuilt on inside for combat) is led by Jedi Commander Master Lucrieza and already offered its bays to the multi-faction strike force that killed the NS Exarch in a recent RP.  A further "finishing the Star Fortress" RP (not necc a FP run, RPed out) is planned.  Be awesome to include some GSF preludes to that... or any other plot we spring up.  @Seraphie is the lady behind those, though I could help spring up some of the GSF side with you.

« Last Edit: 04/12/16, 07:49:59 PM by SivWysan »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/12/16, 07:28:05 PM »
The Wraiths also have a Pilots Lounge on our Flagship, the Fallen Angel and another in our Coruscant HQ we'd be happy to offer as RP space/between GSF hangouts.  Though unfortunately a persistent SH Bug we've reported many times prevents us from being found on public listings.  I could offer some of my personal strongholds too, run pilots bars/spaceport dives on both Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa.

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/12/16, 07:33:00 PM »
I love the idea of starfighter RP and i've actually been wanting to do it a lot lately, so i'd be interested in a pure RP thing with starfighter-themed events. I wouldn't personally get involved with any of the GSF related stuff tho, since imo gameplay and RP should be mostly separate. I also don't think having RP affected by in-game wins or losses sounds very appealing either, since that feels like it adds quite a bit of randomness.

I'm really interested in the idea of fighter RP in general tho. I'm definitely in if you decide to do an RP-only thing, especially imp-side where I already have navy-related characters including a pilot. And I have a semi-developed (in-character, at least) armada imp-side along with a military-based stronghold in case you'd be interested in using either.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/12/16, 07:45:42 PM »
It also so happens the Wraiths and Dark Assembly NEED a way to play out a Republic Fleet incursion over the PLANET Begeren about 5.5 months into the Zakuul Invasion (one of Sareesh's lackies classic FUBARS).  Its fairly settled the Republic Admiral in question will get pretty cooked while the Wraiths try to avoid being collateral damage to his stupidity via our own stealth ships- but at least 2 other small Imp Fleets involved and could be a good Furball to play out in GSF, with the BC.org Space Combat System or some other mix.  Their GM would need to sign off along with me, but could be fun!  The planet is full of mercs and shady refugees from the war too so could be plenty of options for neutrals too. 

It include the Wraiths trying to smuggle out a Rogue Zakuul AI we managed to convince not to nuke the local city in the ground-RP, with the space battle commencing as 2 Imp Task Forces jump in to find a cocky rival Republic Admiral trying to bomb a heavily under-defended fringe Sith colony city below.  The Dark Assembly Flagship Leviathan, Wraiths' Dauntless dwarf carrier (hidden in orbit) and stealth gunship (on its way back up the well), and 2 fleets of NPC Republic and Imp Forces are the confirmed forces thus far. 

Getting up some screenshots/synopsis from earlier battle, which I'll link later.  No need to jump on this, though it might be a fun way to do an event we're planning anyway!

Might also flag this on the begencolonyhq.enjin.com forums that have a lot of GSF-ers looking for more RP crossovers. 
« Last Edit: 04/12/16, 07:50:50 PM by SivWysan »

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/20/16, 12:27:30 AM »
Perfect timing on this idea. OOC, I recently decided I'd like to learn how to do GSF and maybe start doing it more regularly (though it doesn't seem to queue quickly on BC). IC, I just changed <Sith Intelligence> to <Imperial War Ministry> which may bring with it some interest in GSF RP. Lemme know if you pursue this!

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/22/16, 02:06:10 PM »
You guys need to get a hold of Chionesu GM, Jedi Council. He runs a mostly GSF guild with Republic and Imperial factions. They hold GSF classes every Tuesday Thursday and Saturday after which they fly the skies. I know they have a bunch of role players and I am sure he could help this sort of event flourish. Send him an in game mail or sign up on the following site and send him a message there are the best ways to get a hold of him.  http://begerencommunityhq.enjin.com/home   You could also type /cjoin GSF and odds are someone there will know how to get a hold of him.
« Last Edit: 04/22/16, 02:11:10 PM by Dezzrevas »
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

="_blank" href="https://www.tinyportal.net" title="TinyPortal">TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2