Shoutbox

Author Topic: Jedi Night Weekly Event Thread  (Read 51674 times)

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
Jedi Night Weekly Event Thread
« on: 06/28/16, 05:12:49 AM »
FORMATTING POST
(For the sake of cleanliness and accessibility, consider this a template by which to slate yourself a position as host, and to inform the hosted as to what you intend to do!)

Host: @Example
Week: A(On-ship)/B(Off-ship)
Date: XXth of Y Month (IE - 20th of July. To avoid confusion regarding the US system of MM/DD/YY and the civilized system of DD/MM/YY)
Requirements: (Level requirements, faction requirements, etc.)
Title: Example (Revenge of the Goobertrons Pt. 3: Revengenance. If you intend to do a serial adventure, make sure to note that!)
Blurb: Insert a tease of your exciting adventure here!

Changed thread title per request ~ Iaera
« Last Edit: 07/06/17, 07:53:22 PM by Iaera »

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Wandering Warrior
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Night Fortnightly Event Thread
« Reply #1 on: 06/28/16, 05:24:19 AM »
Host: @Hawking
Week: B
Date: 30th of June (US Time)
Requirements: None - provided player can avoid sand people.
Title: The Devil You Know
Blurb:

The Watch's stocks are dwindling.
Even with the ingenious sustainable food systems put in place on the Jedi's new home, a facility built into an old mining station, reliable food and medical supplies are again threatened. Within an estimated 5 weeks, stocks will be exhausted. As if by the will of the Force itself, the Jedi have received a probe bearing an open invitation to meet with the ruler of what was assumed to be a barren planet in a neighboring system. The sender, a mysterious figure calling itself Lord Whitehart, has advised his new neighbours to dress "discretely" for their meeting at his palace.

Will the Jedi take up this stranger on their offer? Or is there more to this invitation than a simple meet and greet? The galaxy's last remaining enclave faces down a choice - act quickly and secure a source of supplies, or starve.

Characters:

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/28/16, 11:43:29 AM »
I can't recall a planet Bakarda. Do you mean Bakura or are we making up a planet for this? Also I'll be there this week as opposed to missing the last 2. Yeeeeeey!
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/28/16, 12:07:17 PM »
I am thoroughly disappointed in you, Hawking. This event is such a disgusting disgrace.

I will be coming to the Jedi Night FortKnightly Event, thank you very much! See you Thursday :).
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/28/16, 04:18:02 PM »
I can't recall a planet Bakarda. Do you mean Bakura or are we making up a planet for this? Also I'll be there this week as opposed to missing the last 2. Yeeeeeey!

Bakarda is one that I've made up. To be honest I totally forgot what system the Watch and accompanying base is even in, outside of the fact that it was near Ossus and the majority of planets nearby were uninhabited.

I am thoroughly disappointed in you, Hawking. This event is such a disgusting disgrace.

I will be coming to the Jedi Night FortKnightly Event, thank you very much! See you Thursday :).

Insolence will be punished swiftly and without mercy.

Characters:

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/28/16, 05:08:09 PM »
/threads/4304-0.html

I didn't type this thing up for my health, you know.  I'll have you know that everything I write up is done on a spiked keyboard, ensuring that anything I type up directly harms my health!
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/28/16, 06:42:44 PM »
I'll try and be there!

/threads/4304-0.html

I didn't type this thing up for my health, you know.  I'll have you know that everything I write up is done on a spiked keyboard, ensuring that anything I type up directly harms my health!

Dang Bling... sure you're not going Sith?

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/28/16, 07:17:20 PM »
/threads/4304-0.html

GOOD LORD THANK YOU - I was searching for that thread for a solid hour.

Glad to see I remembered the rudiments, however, so this story will now make far more sense. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 06/28/16, 07:20:30 PM by Hawking »

Characters:

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/28/16, 09:18:17 PM »
I should probably get access to said thread someday considering.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/30/16, 12:59:07 PM »
I'd love to be there tonight, and barring unforeseen complications I should be. Just a few quick questions:

1. Where do we meet to start? On the Watch?

2. Assuming there's an in for Jedi friendly to the Custodum, but not actually part of the Custodum, to want to come along and help? If it needs to be strictly Custodum only for story purposes, that's fine too.

3. Would those going know in advance to expect the desert terrain? (Trying to determine if an informed choice could be made in picking the mount and "discreet" outfit to take.)
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/30/16, 04:39:27 PM »
I'd love to be there tonight, and barring unforeseen complications I should be. Just a few quick questions:

1. Where do we meet to start? On the Watch?

2. Assuming there's an in for Jedi friendly to the Custodum, but not actually part of the Custodum, to want to come along and help? If it needs to be strictly Custodum only for story purposes, that's fine too.

3. Would those going know in advance to expect the desert terrain? (Trying to determine if an informed choice could be made in picking the mount and "discreet" outfit to take.)

An excellent three questions that I probably should have addressed:

1- Yes, starting on the Watch.

2- There is indeed. The Custodum represents one of the only staunchly Jedi-Jedi bastions left in the known galaxy, especially in this region. Seeing that pillar disappear to starvation would be (presumably) a very nasty further blow to any other surviving Jedi, both symbolically, logistically and practically. Or maybe you're just there for the giggles!

3- Yes! The message specifies that it'll be deserty and cold.

Characters:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/30/16, 04:44:47 PM »
2- There is indeed. The Custodum represents one of the only staunchly Jedi-Jedi bastions left in the known galaxy, especially in this region. Seeing that pillar disappear to starvation would be (presumably) a very nasty further blow to any other surviving Jedi, both symbolically, logistically and practically. Or maybe you're just there for the giggles!

Cool beans. Both of my active characters have either already helped the Custodum or made it clear they support it, so that'll work. Just wanted to be sure it was open.

3- Yes! The message specifies that it'll be deserty and cold.

Cold? Dangit! That means the entire outfit I just put together for a hot desert needs to be redesigned!  :nuu:

Because there's nothing I hate more than making outfits. The fact that I long ago ran out of outfit designer slots on nearly all my characters attests to that.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06/30/16, 08:07:59 PM »
Bother.  Having some issues with the updater, so may have to excuse myself til next week.  Hope it goes great!

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07/02/16, 03:11:58 PM »
All points bulletin for someone to step up for next week's On-Ship Jedi Night! I was initially going to do so, but I forgot my own birthday party. Understandable. The evening will default to standard milling around on the ship, should nobody have any specifics planned.

Characters:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07/07/16, 03:53:13 PM »
I'm going to try and come up with something, possibly involving the Jedi Underground.  Won't be super long, but kick off some intrigue on ship. 

erBorder: "1px solid #adadad", sItemBorder: "1px solid #ffffff", sItemBorderHover: "1px dotted gray", sItemBackground: "transparent", sItemBackgroundHover: "#e0e0f0" }); } // ]]>