Shoutbox

Author Topic: Nic's Data Crystal Acquisition Guide  (Read 4192 times)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Nic's Data Crystal Acquisition Guide
« on: 07/13/16, 02:39:43 AM »
Three DvL event achievements require players to defeat a handful of open world bosses, operations bosses and complete all HARD MODE flashpoints.  These achievements will have to be accomplished in groups.  Players will set themselves and their teams up for success if they engage in a little grinding for at least 216 gear (purchased with glowing data crystals ) to ensure smooth accomplishment of these achievements. Below are the missions I recommend players complete and the rewards they grant to help them obtain 216 gear.

You can see from the tables below accomplishing the below listed missions will grant about 348 glowing data crystals a week. (This does not include the crystals that can be obtained through operations, which I highly encourage everyone to do if they can.) So you're looking at roughly five weeks of grinding for a full set of 216 gear (the mainhand needs to either be purchased from the GTN or crafted).  Personally, when I purchase data crystal gear I begin with the most expensive items and work my way down.  Players also need to ensure they outfit their 216 gear with an Augmentation Kit MK-9 and the desired augment.

Note: I encourage players to spend their common data crystals on companion gifts at the Odessen vendor to raise their Influence for the Eternal Championship achievements.

Legend: Common , Glowing , Radiant

Missions Awarding Data Crystals

Mission Planet Rewards
[WEEKLY] Defeat Supreme Vindicator Lanos
[WEEKLY] Defeat Nocturno and Drake Raven
[WEEKLY] Defeat Eternal Champion Zotar
[Solo] The Eternal Championship (repeatable)
Zakuul 8
12 , 4
18 , 6
42 , 6
[WEEKLY] Flashpoint: The Star Fortress Odessen 20 , 12
[WEEKLY] Echoes of Ziost Ziost 20 (from 5 dailies) , 16 , 4
[WEEKLY] Spirit of Cooperation
[WEEKLY] The Enemy Within
Yavin IV 20 + 16 (from 8 dailies) , 12
14 , 10
[WEEKLY] Emanations of Dread Oricon 30 + 23 (6 dailies) + 8 (4 bonuses) , 12 + 2 (1 daily)
[WEEKLY] Czerka Dissolution CZ-198 20 + 21 (5 dailies) , 12 + 2 (1 daily)
[WEEKLY] Black Hole Crisis The Black Hole 20 + 25 (6 dailies) , 12 + 2 (1 daily)
[WEEKLY] Section X Crisis Section X 20 + 22 (6 dailies) + 4 (1 bonus) , 12 + 2 (1 daily)
[WEEKLY] Contain and Control Makeb 20 + 6 (6 dailies) , 12
[WEEKLY] Tactical Flashpoints
[WEEKLY] Galactic Conflicts
WEEKLY HEROICS (x73)
Vaiken/Odessen 20 , 10
20 , 14
365 , 146

Glowing Data Crystals Gear Prices

Gear Price
Relic 1 200
Relic 2 200
Offhand 150
Head 120
Chest 120
Hands 120
Legs 120
Feet 120
Ear 100
Implant 1 100
Implant 2 100
Waist 80
Wrists 80
Total 1610
« Last Edit: 07/21/16, 03:50:52 PM by Nicohlas »

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Nic's Data Crystal Acquisition Guide
« Reply #1 on: 07/13/16, 07:21:32 PM »
Thank you so much for this help!  :aww:

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/19/16, 03:20:03 PM »
I would like to submit a humble correction  :grin:

[WEEKLY] Emanations of Dread (Oricon) actually gives 14 glowing crystals. 12 for the weekly, plus you get 2 for doing the heroic.

Also, we should all start talking about building groups and queuing up because the groupfinder tactical daily gives 12 glowing crystals. The weekly (5 tactical FP) gives 20 glowing, 10 radiant. I understand why one would not recommend groupfinder, since it's been ... disappointing... lately, but I think we can get crystal-rich if we band together and spare one another from the hapless PUGs that currently all seem to be extra-unflattering caricatures of hapless PUGs ... and this is me saying that. I'm not even hardcore and kind of a twit, myself.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/20/16, 05:56:53 PM »
Good catch @Elym ! And I know you and I for sure will team up for weeklies, but I'd be glad to add some more players to our little fire-team. :)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/21/16, 03:58:25 PM »
Updated with list of gear prices. Will post soon on a plan to form groups for DvL group content. @SivWysan

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/21/16, 04:58:26 PM »
Updated with list of gear prices. Will post soon on a plan to form groups for DvL group content. @SivWysan

Great thank you. 

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/28/16, 03:55:08 PM »
Not sure how useful this following information is, but I just thought it should belong here. 

Each influence level increase Every two levels (at least past level 10 influence) with those four Odessan people....Hylo, the Hutt, Sena-Rae, etc...Y'know, those people...Rewards you with 20 Common Crystals, 10 Glowing, and 5 Radiant.

EDIT with further info.

It is in fact every two levels of influence, at any level/rank, that the reward is 20 Common, 10 Glowing, and 5 Radiant.

That is very, very significant, especially if you have a bunch of those crates stored away somewhere. 
« Last Edit: 07/28/16, 04:04:44 PM by Sebrik »

ss="new_win">Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2