Shoutbox

Author Topic: Correspondence [Vedriat and Elym, closed RP]  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
Correspondence [Vedriat and Elym, closed RP]
« on: 08/14/16, 08:16:11 PM »
[PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL]

To:  Her Majesty, Queen Vedriat of the Shadren Hegemony

Your Majesty,

We live in interesting times -- both myself, in this Empire, and you, in your realm. The galaxy has been caught in a storm, said tempest shaping it both directly and indirectly. It is easy to focus on the drama of the storm itself -- in an instant, lightning strikes a tree, a forest so dense and tall that it seemed like it had stood for centuries fuels a conflagration. Yet every time one cranes one’s neck to behold such a moment, one necessarily loses sight of other quieter but equally impactful events.

I’ve been watching the developments in the Shadren Hegemony, and you have no doubt seen the Empire’s response. I trust you appreciate why your expansion in the Belsmuth Sector complicates extending any official diplomatic notes, even carefully-worded requests.

The time for official responses will come -- the Imperial Trade & Communications Bureau will be in touch. I elect to send a personal note in the interim, unfettered by protocol.

I imagine your high-born Imperial upbringing prepared you to navigate diplomatic waters with facility. Much like my people, yours understand the value in biding one’s time and acting in the shadows. We let what is dark belong to the darkness, maintaining appearances in the light. Asking something outright is at best, clumsily crass; at worst, one has created a vulnerability by laying one’s intentions bare. We all purport to abhor gossip, yet spend our social time gleaning information like scavengers circling carrion, all too eager to consume it no matter how long it has been rotting in the sun.

Given the situation, however, I fear the consequences of tarrying. Neither of us can afford poisoning ourselves with conjecture and misinformation.

Your Majesty:  If there is something either of us ought to know about the current acquisition, I humbly request that the lines of personal communication remain more open than the official channels. I ask this in a spirit of pragmatism and discretion.

Though my current condition requires a boredom-inducing level of bed rest, I am able to maintain regular correspondence. If I go through this again, kindly advise me how you managed to avoid ballooning to thranta-like proportions, even with twins. I’m quite envious of how easy you made it all seem, though not surprised.

Yours,

Elym

« Last Edit: 08/14/16, 10:51:38 PM by Elym »

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: Correspondence [Vedriat and Elym, closed RP]
« Reply #1 on: 08/15/16, 03:28:28 PM »
>>MESSAGE RECEIVED
AUTHORIZATION: Level H, minimum priority

To:  Elym Heerman

Ms. Heermann,

It is, indeed, an interesting time. To further your metaphor, I have found that, when one views the majesty of the conflagration, even if one turns one's eyes quickly away, one is apt to bear blind spots that stymy a clear view of those smaller events. As you have reached out to me in directness and good faith, I shall reward you with the same: there is no need for the Sith Empire to bear concern about the developments in the Shadren Hegemony. The fearmongering of the former Warlord Liquidis and the deposition of former High-Warlord Lethash are being blown considerably out of proportion.

As for our “acquisition” of the Belsmuth Sector, I would remind that the Empire peacefully granted it to the Hegemony nearly five years ago. Moff Hannibal Trakal relinquished control to the Hegemony, which in turn granted all but the Shadren System to Darth Lethash and the Valefor. And while Moff Trakal was regrettably killed in action seven months ago, I am certain one would be able to find that all legal documents regarding the Valefor's secession from the Sith Empire are in order, and that events were undertaken with all due process available—the Sith Empire, of course, struggling at that time with the effects of the Eternal Empire's invasion. Warlord Liquidis' complaints about the Hegemony's actions in Valefor space are, therefore, an internal matter of the Valefor. I would also kindly point out that Warlord Liquidis did secede with the rest of the Valefor those five years ago, and that his constant shifting of allegiance may be something to be considered when dealing with him. I would not, of course, wish you to come to any ill by acting on his word alone.

I am Sith and still consider myself a citizen of the Empire in spirit if no longer in legality. A power play of this kind is not uncommon among such circles. The former High-Warlord was content to allow the Valefor's holdings to languish, but, under the leadership of my husband and I, it will see itself risen to its full potential. And as a spiritual citizen of the Empire, you can take assurance that I have no aspirations to harm it. I hope that this reply has succeeded in easing your mind.

In closing, I extend my congratulations and the congratulations of Shadren on your pregnancy. How fortunate of you to expect so quickly. As for advice, rely on your husband and a good tailor. For me, the former was invaluable in maintaining my vitality, and the latter has always ensured me a presentable image.

With regards,

Vedriat, R.

Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/05/16, 06:41:40 PM »

Ms. Heerman,

Shadren may not be a part of the Empire, but we certainly do receive Imperial news. I have some concern about a certain Darth's accusations on the legitimacy of my holdings and sovereignty. I would be grateful if you would assist me in navigating the channels necessary to dispel these false and, frankly, offensive rumours. Darth Malagant is testing my patience. I would prefer to solve this conflict without the need for armies.

Regards,

Vedriat, R.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/13/16, 08:26:15 PM »

To:  Her Majesty, Queen Vedriat of the Shadren Hegemony

Your Majesty,

I do sympathize with the desire to exercise tight control on one's messaging and reputation. Given recent galactic events, I would also prefer that this conflict is resolved quickly. That said, no loyal servant of our Empire can afford to interfere in a peripheral dispute between a secessionist regime and a Sith Lord. Obstructing a Sith's actions in former Imperial holdings is politically quite impossible. These circumstances limit what I can do for Shadren, thus I fear I would be very little help to your majesty with regard to opening channels of communication.

One thing I can do is offer some simple advice. Reviewing the transcripts, Darth Malagant has employed some rather strong and vivid language. With such specific accusations, your majesty should have little trouble dispelling any glaring falsehoods. In my experience, the more outlandish and precise the false claim, the easier it is to debunk, as the burden of proof sits with one's detractors. Surely this fact will provide your majesty with some reassurance.

Regards,

Elym Heermann

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/19/17, 04:24:00 PM »

I apologize, Governor Heerman, for using a frequency of personal communication for my own ends. I am a Fury of my Queen Vedriat Azaera, a lady of her court, and of the understanding that you and she, if I may make such presumptions, have, at least, a passing of a friendship. If I am wrong in this, please inform me at once, and I shall take it upon myself not to trouble you further.

But, on the subject of trouble, I confess it is such that brings me to your attention. My lady has need of your friendship, if it exists, and I reach out on her behalf and without her consent. If you are amiable to this situation, please contact me. I include my personal frequency in this communication to use at your convenience.

I have never been a citizen of the Empire, as I was one of those who travelled with my King Numair through time to arrive in this new galaxy. But, as my Queen has taught me, I shall sign off as one who is:

May the Force ever serve, Governor Heerman. I look forward to your reply.

With regard, yours, etc.,

Tymeis Ial of the Shadren Hegemony

href="http://www.begerencolony.org/index.php?action=tpmod;sa=credits" title="Credits">2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2