Shoutbox

Author Topic: Underworld RP, which side has more?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Underworld RP, which side has more?
« on: 06/18/17, 05:51:12 PM »
I am looking to get back into underworld-type roleplay (Exchange, Hutt Cartel, smuggling, slavers, pirates, etc.) but I would like to know which side has more of it? I don't want to make my character then find out that everyone is on the other side.

I know the Empire used to have a big community but I haven't seen any of it in a year or two. Is that still a thing?

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Underworld RP, which side has more?
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/17, 05:56:46 PM »
There are a few people on both sides that have an underworld toon or two. I've got my pirate Impside, but made a Pubside version of her. There's a Pubside underworld themed event on the 24th (Port of Call) that might be a nice way to get involved. I think most of the underworld RP right now is people attempting to bring it back to life and get it back off the ground, but that's just from my own perspective... there might be some hidden away I'm not noticing! I haven't noticed a trend one way or the other.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/18/17, 06:35:09 PM »
I've got my pirate Impside, but made a Pubside version of her.

That's the key.

Pick your character concept.

Then run the starter planets on one Faction. Then make an equivalent character on the opposing Faction, and run your starter planets to establish your core Abilities. Strongholds take care of the rest for quick travel, and now the Galaxy Map almost eliminates that. Plus the Bind to Legacy gear and Outfit Designer gives you easy access to costume designs.

Now you have a dual-faction character than can attend any Event, on any planet, and still be considered an "independant".
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/18/17, 06:44:28 PM »
The problem with that idea is that I only have one character slot right now. I can only make them on one side.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/18/17, 07:03:46 PM »
I think it's a bit early in the attempts at reviving underworld RP to say for sure what faction would be best, unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out the next few Indie Nights and keep track of how many people are Pubside vs Impside. We haven't had stellar attendance the past month, but hopefully that will change soon!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/18/17, 07:35:12 PM »
The problem with that idea is that I only have one character slot right now. I can only make them on one side.

Is every character you currently have an active character you use in multiple storylines? If not, then use the Appearance Console to convert one to your new concept.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/18/17, 07:39:14 PM »
I can't afford any changes, I spent all my cartel coins on collections unlocks lol. I'm just going to go with imp-side because evilness and try to attend the indie night events.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/18/17, 08:00:23 PM »
I can't afford any changes, I spent all my cartel coins on collections unlocks lol. I'm just going to go with imp-side because evilness and try to attend the indie night events.
If sticking to just Indie Nights are your plan, I'd actually go with Pub! I know that the Port of Call event is sort of a Trial Run for a possible Indie Night venue, and it's Pubside only. If you're hoping to branch out into Imp Nights I'd go with Imp.

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/18/17, 08:30:29 PM »
If sticking to just Indie Nights are your plan, I'd actually go with Pub! I know that the Port of Call event is sort of a Trial Run for a possible Indie Night venue, and it's Pubside only. If you're hoping to branch out into Imp Nights I'd go with Imp.

Plus, as pubside Smuggler, you get the most 'civilian'/independent ship.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/19/17, 06:36:24 AM »
The only person I have who fits the category of character mentioned is Neema'cyl, my Twi'lek gunslinger/pirate/murdering bitch type. In the Joshmaul canon, she was former first mate on the Direwolf, which is now the Zherron family ship, when Eidan Zherron first signed up as its navigator. The captain fired her for disemboweling a client who made a pass at her because of her race, and wearing his guts tied to her lekku. So yeah, she's nasty.

As for my other BH/smuggler types, Orten Yaitz (BH/powertech) is Mandalorian, Eidan (my other gunslinger) works for the Custodum, his kid Lucia (smuggler/scoundrel) works for the Alliance, and Nyssha Petrand (BH/mercenary) works for Taelios. Though I suppose Taelios is pretty underworld-y nowadays.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

ass="smalltext" style="display: inline; visibility: visible; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;">SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2