Shoutbox

Author Topic: Grim Determination  (Read 9643 times)

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
Grim Determination
« on: 10/07/17, 09:15:39 PM »
http://grimdetermination.enjin.com/

Some of you may have heard of us before, but for those who haven't, we're one of oldest, original Imperial guilds on BC. We're essentially a guild of mature players who enjoy the end-game. While our reputation has primarily been for PvP, our focus has shifted to PvE recently due to player attrition. Though it is my hope that we'll be able to re-enter the PvP scene at some point. (Most of our PvPers moved to Harbinger, and we'll be getting some of those people back with the imminent server merges.) As the new GL, I'm planning on opening up recruitment again soon.

That all said, I'm looking for mature, dedicated players who are interested in the opportunity to be involved with rebuilding one of the best guilds on the server. I'm also willing to consider guild mergers with anyone in a small, relatively new guild. Obviously, we'll need to have some discussions about that to make sure it's a good fit for all involved.

If you're interested at all, please contact me in game either on Mourne, Ferrex, or Volarris. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Determination
« Reply #1 on: 10/08/17, 06:55:39 AM »
Can vouch real hard for Grim Determination, this was my first pvp guild and I hope there is a big reformation with the server merges coming up.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/08/17, 09:31:14 AM »
Can vouch real hard for Grim Determination, this was my first pvp guild and I hope there is a big reformation with the server merges coming up.

Much love, Loler! I thought I saw your name floating around here. Glad to see some original vets still playing. You've been missed, bro.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/08/17, 01:07:11 PM »
I recommend RPers here interested in some PvP consider putting a toon in here.  I healed a lot of Grim Determination folks in WZs on my main, Nicohlas.  They were both skilled and the toxicity that is pervasive among many (but not all) PvPers was not present among its members.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/08/17, 05:00:03 PM »
I'm humbled by the endorsements. Thank you.

On a related note, and since I've already been asked this, I'm suspending our normal application process. Prospective candidates will NOT be required to submit an application on our guild website. We will still require a short interview in TS (10-15 mins) to determine membership compatibility, but that's it. No more lengthy application process. So all you need to apply is to have TS3 installed with a working mic.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 10/08/17, 06:27:53 PM by Mourne »

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/10/17, 04:51:28 PM »
I for one can't wait for you to get back up to strength. Grim Determination was one of our best rivals back in the day. The Revas Order is also a Server Original guild. Our best matches were against Grim back when we had a dedicated pvp team always playing. I must admit you beat us more times than we did you but because of that we kept learning and getting stronger. See you out there on the battlefield Mourn
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/28/17, 02:33:04 AM »
Thanks, Dezz!

We've already got quite a few old members back after the server merges, and we've started doing regular WZs again. You'll see me in there (as I have time) on my Marauder, Mourne.

And to provide a quick update, our recruiting drive is meeting with some good success. We've got quite a few new applicants that we're vetting, and I've reformed our officer corps. Toward that end, I've got a new recruiting post on the SS forum here:  http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936821

To summarize what's posted there and to reiterate what's posted here, we are NOT requiring new candidates to submit an application on our website as we used to do. All that's required to apply is to be level 70 on the toon you're applying with, 21 years of age or older, TS installed with a working mic, and a short 10-15 interview with either myself or one of my Admin officers (Iatric or Morphling) if I'm not available. If you're interested and are not able to catch myself or an Admin officer online, please send me an in-game mail (or a PM here) so that I can at least put you on our radar. It's the holidays, obviously, so activity may be spotty for the next few weeks.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 12/21/17, 01:42:22 PM by Mourne »

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/20/17, 06:33:10 PM »
GrimD was able to get into a WZ match against Eric Musco in his SWTOR 6th Anniversary livestream. It was a hoot!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/211210395?t=47m15s

Offline Slavish

• I used to be sweet and Innocent then shit happened
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/04/18, 02:17:22 PM »
We are beginning to start Operations. Our PvP teams are also running great. Join up Soon!

Grab your Sabers and Grab your Guns. When You Join Grim Determination, You Join the Fight!

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/04/18, 03:44:57 PM »
Nice to see more of this.  Can non-guild members join raid nights?

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/05/18, 12:53:37 AM »
Nice to see more of this.  Can non-guild members join raid nights?

Currently, we're not planning on including non-guild members. It appears that we may actually have more people interested in Ops than we have room for, so the plan to run 8-man may need to become 16-man. If the latter happens and we're short, it will be my PvE Officer's discretion whether or not to solicit from outside the guild at that time.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/06/18, 12:27:21 PM »
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational guild!"

Yes, the rumors are true. Wrecks has returned to the game and rejoined the guild.

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/07/18, 05:04:33 PM »
... wrecks is back? omg the glory days. now get daz.

Offline Slavish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02/06/18, 06:13:00 PM »
... wrecks is back? omg the glory days. now get daz.

Hi Loler!  Yes, Wrecks is back.  We have a full force of the original teams minus Daz but he is being worked on as we speak.

Offline Slavish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02/12/18, 03:07:25 PM »
Grim Determination has successfully concluded its recruiting drive, and our guild roster is better than ever! We wish to thank everyone who indicated interest in joining our guild. While we will always be willing to recruit competent, mature players who fit into our guild's culture, new applicants will be required to complete an application on our guild website to initiate that process going forward. If you would like to learn more about us, we invite you to visit our website at www.grimdetermination.enjin.com.