Shoutbox

Author Topic: Jedi and Sith Leaders  (Read 2560 times)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Jedi and Sith Leaders
« on: 10/09/17, 10:27:56 AM »
Hey all, like I said in the Shoutbox yesterday, knowledge of Force-users is not my area of expertise.  If people want to see leadership profiles like the ones I made for the Republic and Imperial militaries, I'm going to need some input.  I'm currently compiling information on figures associated with the below organizations.  If I'm missing anything, let me know.

THE SITH ORDER
     Emperor / Empress
     Emperor's Hand
     Children of the Emperor
     Dark Council
     Korriban Sith Academy Overseers

THE JEDI ORDER
     Jedi High Council
     Jedi Battlemasters
     Green Jedi Council (Corellia)
« Last Edit: 10/09/17, 10:47:21 AM by Nicohlas »

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi and Sith Leaders
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/17, 10:45:02 AM »
The Dark Council is nonexistant now I believe, but the wookieepedia page has a nice list with all of their former members that should be easy to adapt into whatever you want.

Also, I think Jedi Battlemaster is more of a ceremonial title than a super important leadership position in this era. During the movie era they're like a chief lightsaber instructor, but here it seems to be more of an award given to people who show extreme badassery in combat.

It should also be noted that some planets have their own Jedi Councils. I think there's at least one for every major academy but that could be wrong.

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/09/17, 11:21:44 AM »
Battlemaster is pretty straightforward. Kao Cen Darach -> Jun Seros - > Player.

Which means that the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order (such as it is) is also the ETERNAL ALLIANCE COMMANDER. So it might be worth discussing the idea that the post is vacant again... but then, Bioware hasn't been very clear about what's going on with the entire Jedi Order right now anyway.
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/09/17, 11:29:59 AM »
Battlemaster isn't that simple, there's at least one on basically every planet guarding pub bases so it isn't just one person with the title. Probably a case of Bioware mixing up Jedi titles but it's a thing either way.

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/09/17, 11:53:50 AM »
There's a couple of ways to explain that. First is that Bioware just conflated a proper title with a generic descriptor; indeed, you can see evidence of this from the game's initial release when the original PvP Valor system was more recognisable -- one of the PvP titles anyone could get was "battlemaster." This isn't anything new, either -- for example, there is a difference between a military captain and a ship's captain, and navies real and fictional usually have to go to great lengths to disambiguate these two different senses of the word captain (which gives us terms like skipper, master and commander, post captain and so on). My point being that there is clearly a difference between a Jedi Battlemaster and a "battlemaster," in the same way that Lieutenant Commander Joe can be captain of Boaty McBoatface, even though he's not a captain.

The other point here is that it's established by The Jedi Path that the New Sith Wars era's decentralised Jedi are littered with self-styled Jedi Battlemasters, in contrast with the more formal structure of the Jedi Order usually only having a single Battlemaster at any one time. I suppose one could make an argument that something similar is in play in the current setting of SWTOR, since Bioware has rarely given us much detail about the exact structure and organisation of the Jedi in this time period.

edit ~ though it should be noted that it is established that SWTOR's Jedi Order maintains a single Battlemaster. Kao Cen Darach and Jun Seros are clearly listed as such, and Satele Shan promotes the player to the post in such a way that it makes it clear that it's a one-person job.
« Last Edit: 10/09/17, 11:58:11 AM by Iaera »
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/09/17, 12:19:23 PM »
There's plenty of possible explanations for it I think, but nothing official which is a recurring problem it seems. And headcanons don't really work for this sort of thing. :/

But hey, at least you don't have to do much research, because there isn't anything to learn. Same with Sith Academy overseers, you'll be done looking at all the lack of information about them in less than an hour!

le="TinyPortal">TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2