Shoutbox

Author Topic: Some Tabletop RPGs I'm Excited About  (Read 1475 times)

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
Some Tabletop RPGs I'm Excited About
« on: 06/30/18, 06:17:29 PM »
Hey! I'm looking at some tabletop RPGs that are (tangentially) related to Star Wars, and I thought I'd let you guys in on it!

Tachyon Squadron - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evilhat/tachyon-squadron-fate-core-rpg/

Tachyon Squadron is a Fate Core Playset based on military sci-fi/space opera stuff like Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Wing Commander, et cetera. Fate is a narrative RPG aimed at replicating the experience of specific genre pieces, and Tachyon Squadron is specifically looking to replicate the feeling of being in a plucky starfighter squadron up against massive, implacable foes. It's really cool! It's also got a really neat hack of the Fate Core conflict system that simulates starfighter combat in a really neat way...it involves positioning, maneuvering and blasting in a really exciting manner that I'm pretty jazzed-up about. I'm actually pretty excited to run this sometime soon!

Scum and Villainy https://www.evilhat.com/home/scum-and-villainy/

Scum and Villainy is a Forged in the Dark game where you play the crew of an outlaw spaceship trying to make ends meet at the edge of civilization, dealing with cutthroat crime syndicates, distant and powerful star-aristocrats, and strange mystics and aliens. 'Forged in the Dark' refers to games based on Blades in the Dark, and the core concepts are this: you play as some form of rogues who are part of a nascent, underdog group of some sort and you run jobs to support and build-up your power-base (in this case, a starship). You actually plan out the job (which could be a heist, a smuggling run, a bounty hunt, or whatever else your crew is interested in) IN play, so that you jump immediately into the action and 'fluff it out' in-game, with each character taking responsibility for an aspect of the job. Each session is a run of some sort, followed by downtime, recovery, and character/crew advancement. It's a REALLY cool concept, and Scum and Villainy is the first one I'm really itching to get into and run for myself.

Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

rer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="Valid XHTML 1.0!">XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2