Shoutbox

Author Topic: So I've been spending some time on Starforge...  (Read 11061 times)

Offline Ash

• View Profile
So I've been spending some time on Starforge...
« on: 07/18/18, 05:40:40 PM »
Over the past 2-3 weeks I've been spending some time over on the Star Forge server here on SWTOR, dipping my toe into the community, testing the waters and seeing how things are. To my surprise things are very much still lively over there. While those not participating in the Server's rp site or discord are seemingly fractured by the events of those communicating over such things, the rp community is very much alive and well. Fleet RP, on both Republic Side and Imperial Side, is very much active. Already I've had quite a few wonderful experiences with a transferred toon (A minor one, don't worry :P), people interacting, talking, and just being overall friendly with the occasional, as expected, trolls. But my time over there is reminiscent of SWTOR back at launch, a lively rp community, interacting and playing off one another to try and build things to sustain that very same community. And in all honest it's got me thinking.

Be it for personal reasons, real life obligations, even a bit of drama, over here on Satele Shan things have been slowly dying down. The chat seems less and less lively, people aren't on as often as they had been before, and we just all seem stuck going through the motions, waiting for the next big thing to come around and happen. And it's a hard sight to see for me. As someone who has been with the game since it went F2P, I've seen a good chunk of the game's ups and downs, how communities have died and resurged, great bombastic events and the more smaller, intimate happenings of the game. Those who have stuck around and have made it this far have, I'm sure, seen those very same things. And with Satele Shan, it seems like we're hitting another down where it'll take a major update to resurge the community once again or our own push to make it so. To be honest, with all the drama slowly enveloping bioware, and their potential shut down starting to loom over them, we may have to rely on the former of the two to keep things going.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want this post to be something we can talk about and just throw some ideas around, try to see if we can get the community going again. Feel free to express your thoughts and ideas over the current state of our community here on Satele Shan. Let's just have a honest, polite, and respectful discussion over this. One thing I do know I'm going to be trying to do here to get this ball rolling, trying out a new weekly event. Probably won't be the best thing in the world, but I'm going to give it a shot. And hopefully I can have that up here in the next week or two.

So let me know what your thoughts are, and let's just start talking again.
Pub side characters: Ash'ette, Shaan Lix

Imp side characters: Shaan-Lix, Jannet, Priestess Mava

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Re: So I've been spending some time on Starforge...
« Reply #1 on: 07/18/18, 06:21:36 PM »
I know in my case, I just really don't have much time for it.

In my observations, I've notice that not having the time to RP fairly frequently is a real RP killer but not for the obvious reason. I've noticed that when you lack free time for RP, you lose out on a lot of the follow up RP that keeps things going and interesting. You end up with RPs that risk being very shallow meaning your character never really gets into something compelling. Or they stop fitting into the RP whole, an isolated leaf dangling in the wind with no connection to what is going on. This could be a problem for some.

I'm fortunate in that I currently do have some ideas for further RPs to explore at least on Jessak and C9, but then I loop back to the obvious reason. I don't have time. :facepalm:

However, one day I may follow up on Jessak talking with Zenchi about seeing Pehn. Jessak having her "I told you so" moment with Effet about plants being able to burn people (yay inspiration from the news), and C9 updating her organic analysis heuristics.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/18/18, 08:07:06 PM »
Thank you for posting this @Ash.

Can you share any additional details?  Is it primarily cantina role-play?  Are players fractured into Stronghold play?

The public Fleet role-play is a nice sign, are they organizing any large scale Events?
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/18/18, 10:35:15 PM »
My official position on this topic is: I encourage all remaining members of the Satele Shan RP community to transfer to the Star Forge server.

There are several reasons for this.

RPer Population.  Prior to the server merges, the Ebon Hawk server was the uncontested heart of the core of this game's RP community.  Most RPers, most RP guilds, and most RP events and other related activities occured on that server for at least the last few years.  The server merges did not change that.  The Star Forge (formerly EH) RP community continues to represent the overwhelming bulk of the game's RP population.  I don't think SS RPers who haven't been to SF to check it out appreciate the existing population disparity between the two servers.  The ratio of SS RPers to SF RPers isn't even 1:10, more like ... 0.01:10.  While you will hear concerns eminating from that server's RPers that mirror those of RPers here (e.g., decreased population, fewer guilds, less-frequent major events, etc.), the contrast between the two servers is still huge.  For an existing SS RPer, the RP presence on SF is significant.

RP Activity.  I departed SS for SF in January and I can attest that there is at least RP activity active in the fleet cantinas at nearly every hour of the day (certainly, there are still peak periods of activity).  I always see RP taking place in fleet cantinas, and the population of RPers engaged in this activity usually rivals the total population of the remaining number of active RPers on the SS server.  Community events are regularly scheduled and easily discovered on the Star Forge Roleplay Community website.

RP Variety.  When I made inquiries to former EH server members about the nature of that server's RP community, I was consistently told that it was more guild-based than community-based, like the Begeren Colony community was.  This is certainly true, and it is a testament to the server's significantly larger RP population and the pleasant variety those guilds bring to the nature of server RP.  Jedi guilds, Sith guilds, military guilds, underworld guilds, economic guilds, political guilds ... the SF server offers a wide-range of opportunities for membership in a guild that emphasizes a particular area of lore or RP you may be interested in.

Stability.  The SF server is widely regarded as the principal destination for SWTOR RP activity.  Even while that community has incurred adverse events like a reduced population and activity, it has not even nearly crippled the overall community which, regrettably, has been the case on SS.  I firmly believe that this community is where serious RPers will want to be until the eventual termination of the game.

I'd like to offer my honest and upfront opinion about the continued existence of the SS RP community.  It strikes me that many members of this community have been very nostalgic about their continued participation in and the existence of this community.  Admittedly, I stubbornly clung to the belief that I could, with more effort, time, and resources, revitalize at least a specific area of RP that interested me (Imperial and Imperial military).  As a former RP guild GM of the SS server I have to say … the population just isn't here.  It's not a matter of this server having bad RPers, or disinterested RPers, or RPers with no creativity or dedication … it's a matter of the handful of good RPers here just have … not many other people to engage in RP with.

In summary, get yerselves to SF, folks.  Right now, 1) get an Enjin profile set up and register on the SF RP community website so you can at least monitor and explore the site.  2) Create a character (not like a hardcore serious character, just a lowbie to play with) on the SF server, get it to fleet, check out the cantinas, check out the cool RP guilds, ask some SF RPers some questions about their experiences there.  Talk to @AristocraShol about his experiences there, he'll probably tell you the SF community is just waiting to accept this last group of SWTOR RP exiles into its ranks.

I do appreciate that one of the reasons some SS RPers have not moved is not necessarily because of logistical complications (e.g., character transfers), but because they do not want this community to lose its identity.  Folks, this game has been around for like seven years now.  You're transfer to the SF server doesn't characterize the closing of a book so much as the starting of a new chapter.  The members of this community absolutely have the means to stay in touch with one another and assist each other in integrating into a new environment.  Save a section of the SF RP Community website for the former members of the BC RP community.  Reserve this website for archival purposes.  Form new guilds to keep your BC/SS friends close while you start to make new ones in the heart of this game's RP community.

I trust all of you will find the quality of your RP adventures significantly enhanced by moving over.

May the Force ever serve you.
« Last Edit: 07/18/18, 10:46:28 PM by TrickyNick87 »

Offline Ash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/18/18, 11:01:39 PM »
Thanks for your viewpoint on this entire thing @TrickyNick87 I really appreciate your upfront honesty on the entire situation, and it's certainly starting to look that way from my perspective as well. It may just be time to start putting in motion a move to the other server.

@recoveringgeek the rp community is pretty varied in terms of what's available for rp. There are a limited number of events that you can find over at https://www.starforge-rp.com/ that acts as the main hub for announcements and the like (outside of their own discord). Guild rp seems to be the biggest focus on the amount of rp that goes on from what I have seen, but fleet rp is still very much active on both factions, especially imp side. There's certainly people logging on and participating in such a thing.

I'd like to get a lot more of the community involved here expressing their ideas and thoughts over the situation, especially to get some kind of a consensus going on. But if it turns out that a server move may be in order I'd like to try and salvage as many people's toons as possible. I'd have to think a lot more on what the best way to go about that would be, but I certainly have some ideas. We'll see though on what everyone else wants to say first though.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/19/18, 02:08:33 AM »
There is no doubt in my mind that the Star Forge RP community is larger and more healthy overall. That was true while it was still Ebon Hawk, and undoubtedly it's still true now. Although I've only ever peeked in there myself, I am sure that everything Nick and Ash have said is completely valid and spot on. All of the concerns and context are hard to dispute, nor would I want to.

The truth of all of that notwithstanding, there are lots of reasons I personally will almost certainly never move to Star Forge. (I won't say never never because it's impossible to predict everything, but just assuming variables as they currently stand.)

For me, it is almost entirely logistics based. A single character transfer costs about $10. Accepting that it's not strictly necessary for me to transfer all 70 of my characters, even just transferring the stable of characters I frequently and primarily role play would already put me in the realm of between $100-$200 dollars. Most of those primary characters have their full 16 outfit slots kitted out, in which many unrecoverable and expensive dye modules have been slotted (outfit stamps are all lost upon transfer). I have 21 personal strongholds, of which more than half are completely and extensively decorated, and all of that decorating would be lost. I own 8 guilds, all with strongholds, and all of those guild assets would be lost as guilds do not transfer in any capacity.

Even assuming that I were willing to lose access to the roster of 50+ secondary characters and GM-purpose NPCs I've created in order to just get my "primary" characters over to SF (which I am really not, they represent a substantial $ investment in character slot unlocks), all of the rest of it is a cost that's just too high for me to be willing to pay it. (For me personally, there's also the fact that I would be yanking characters I actively use for PVE out of reach of my established PVE guild as well, though I recognize that's not a concern for everyone.)

If there was a way to pick up my entire account, all assets intact, and just hop over to Star Forge... I might very well do it. But as it currently stands, it would take something pretty extreme... like the 100% absence of every other RPer I know on SS... to get me to make that move.

I would be more amenable to the idea of creating alt-versions of my primary characters on Star Forge to attend the occasional event over there if someone has a particularly cool event to call out (or if folks from our community want to create "satellite" events over there for this purpose). But the thing about group RP is that it's like a living eco-system, and if you aren't actively and consistently connected to it you won't really get much out of it either.

I don't mean any of the above to sound like negativity aimed at shutting down discussion. I'm just one person, and in this as in all things in life everyone has to make decisions that are best for them, and the pursuit of their own RP fun. For some people, maybe moving over to SF is absolutely the right choice. For others, it may be the wrong choice, or it may just not be logistically feasible.

I derive a lot of my RP enjoyment from small group RP interactions, so it may be that I just don't feel the lack of "big population events" as keenly as do those who derive their RP enjoyment from those bigger cast affairs. While I fully acknowledge our community here is small, I'm not willing to acknowledge that it's dead. It's only dead when we choose to stop playing in it. That doesn't mean, however, that it might not be too small to achieve certain things. Again, it's all about what each person is looking for.

What I think I see most sharply affecting our particular community here is what Imazi called out in her post, about folks being strapped for time and the impact that has on RP. While it's undeniable that very many people have left the game entirely, of the folks who remain it's very common to see work or health issues or other life conflicts preventing people from being able to attend events. That's not going to stop any time soon, here or on SF (though enthusiasm always helps I don't deny that) because neither school nor work stops in people's lives (and those who are transitioning between or combining the two are probably finding their time even more strapped). As an example, for @recoveringgeek 's Dread Mind event (which I will below cite in a different and more positive context), five people have commented about work or other life conflicts possibly or definitively preventing them from being able to attend. That's just... life.

I also stand by what I've said before in other posts: we have to be the change we want to see, and if we want to see more events we have to run more events. At the risk of feeling like some game developer with a death mark on my back, I can say that while there's currently only my word for it I have a lot of events in the works right now, I just need the time (there's the time thing again) to roll them out. Social RP events serve an important function, but adventure-hook RP events are where most knock-on RP gets generated, and I think the interest in @recoveringgeek 's Dread Mind event shows that "if you build it, they will come." Maybe not in mass droves (when you don't have mass droves to start with), but still. Even counting all the folks who said they can't come because of Work/Life Monsters, there's still a good number of sign-ups, and as we all know it's common for folks to show up without signing up.

The key is to have more (and varied, variety is important) events running, because then if you have to miss one it won't be 2-3 months before your next chance. Ideally it will only be 2-3 weeks, or less. But it all requires folks stepping up to run events. (I know, a lot easier said than done, but it's still the truth.)

In any event, I'll stop now before I enter dead horse territory. Just my two (thousand, as usual) cents!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/19/18, 08:16:50 AM »
I am kind of in the same boat as Niarra, my inability to move is 100% logistical. There is zero chance i'll be able to switch over at any point in the future. :(

I would honestly love to move to Star Forge, it makes me cry sometimes that I can't go to the place with any RP in this game, but there is no way whatsoever I can afford to transfer all of my essential characters. Even if I did it would delete my outfits and strongholds and guild ship, I don't have anywhere near enough credits to redo all of those and some of the things in them are literally unobtainable now.

And that "just start over from scratch on a new server" idea is almost insulting tbh. How could you even suggest that unless you have zero attachment whatsoever to your characters and history? I'm not abandoning all of the stuff i've been building for four years now, even if most of it is useless it's better than being sad and having fuck all somewhere else.

I don't think there's any way to jump-start our own community though tbh. The entire reason why things are falling apart is just because almost everyone left has so much real life stuff to deal with, you can't control or solve that (unless you can make money and medicine appear out of thin air lol). It's the #1 issue with RP whether you're here, on Star Forge, in Guild Wars 2, on Discord, or even in real life, people will always be busy and there's nothing you can do about it.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07/19/18, 02:34:18 PM »
I wanted to highlight this particular comment from @Niarra

I would be more amenable to the idea of creating alt-versions of my primary characters on Star Forge to attend the occasional event over there if someone has a particularly cool event to call out (or if folks from our community want to create "satellite" events over there for this purpose). But the thing about group RP is that it's like a living eco-system, and if you aren't actively and consistently connected to it you won't really get much out of it either.

If other players such as @Ash and @TrickyNick87 were to extend an invitation to us for a specific, well-attended, Cross-Faction Event, similar to say our former Friday Night Dancer's Palace, or another dual-faction accessible Event, I would be willing to roll a Jaade-alt for the purposes of some role-play and a Meet and Greet. I'd do my best to twist @blingdenston's arm to do the same with me.

Further, while I am not Ultra-Rich, I do have enough credits that I could assist some players in rebuilding their core "Outfit" if it required something pricey from the Cartel Market. I also know there are other players out there ( @Seraphie , @livia , @Lolermelon) who have assisted me in the past, and there may be enough of us to pay it forward and ensure everyone could roll on Star Forge with their favorite 'toon who is dressed to impress.

Even if I did it would delete my outfits and strongholds and guild ship, I don't have anywhere near enough credits to redo all of those and some of the things in them are literally unobtainable now.

My Roll Call poll identified there may only be 20 - 30 of us left, with maybe only half of that actively playing at all anymore. It may not be lasting, or revitalize our community, but meeting some new faces would be fun all the same, and I think we'd maximize the moment, if as many of us from BC.org all attended on the same night.

I have never researched character transfers, so I don't know what you can and cannot transfer with you in regards to Collections, Credits, and Legacy. I am happy to lend my support in whatever fashion I can if this is something we want to do.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07/19/18, 03:00:50 PM »
I have never researched character transfers, so I don't know what you can and cannot transfer with you in regards to Collections, Credits, and Legacy.

I have extensive experience with transfers (from back when they were a beautiful $1) and can give a good run down here.

You must pay a character transfer cost for each individual character you wish to transfer.

Your Collections (in terms of what you do or do not have unlocked for free retrieval) is universal across all servers at all times, whether you're creating a new character or have transferred one. This is the only thing that is locked-in account wide and updates in real time.

Your Legacy - including character perks, Legacy levels, achievements, and very critically your inventory of decorations - only move with you if you pay for a character transfer (and actually transfer a character obviously). You could transfer a minor low level character and still take all of that with you. (Note that if you later unlock more decos or perks on your source server, you would have to execute another character transfer afterward to then take those updates with you to the new server. What moves with you is only valid as of the time of the transfer in question.)

Stronghold unlocks (both the initial unlock and any unlocked individual rooms within it) only move if you pay for and execute a character transfer, but note that you will have to pay the reactivation cost to open that stronghold again on the new server. For some SHs that reactivation cost is very cheap, for others it's upwards of 2 million credits.

Credits and any physical items only move if you pay for and execute a character transfer, and they must be either in that character's personal inventory or in that character's personal cargo hold. (Items in your Legacy bank do not transfer.) Note this is not a copy/duplication, it will be subtracting the credits or items from your source server and moving it to the new server. (This means if you want to create an alt on a new server without actually transferring a character, you start with zero credits just like a new player would.)

Things that will not transfer at all under any circumstances:
  • Actual decoration placement. Your strongholds at the new server will first need to be reactivated, and once they are they will be blank slates. No decorating will transfer with you.
  • While you will keep any unlocked outfit slots on your transferred character, the actual outfits stamped into them will not transfer. For dye modules (if they are stamped to the slot rather than a physical piece of gear), that means the dye is completely lost and you will need a fresh copy of that dye module to be consumed to recreate it. For the gear pieces, it means you will need to have a physical copy of those gear pieces in your inventory to re-stamp them.
  • Guilds. Nothing at all about guilds will transfer. Not the existence of the guild, nor any of its assets. You cannot recreate a guild and then "reactivate" a guild SH, all of that will be lost, including guild flagship, guild stronghold, decorations donated to a guild, and anything in the guild's bank (that is not transferred to a personal bank first).
« Last Edit: 07/19/18, 03:10:05 PM by Niarra »
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07/19/18, 03:26:39 PM »
In all honesty, the thing I'm THIRD-most worried about (other than the fact that Character Transfers are $10 a pop and that I have six Legacy cargo holds full of goods I'd need to transfer) is that there're a passel of folks who've been tossed to the curb in this community that could turn up like bad pennies with all the potential annoyance and recurring trauma that could entail.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07/19/18, 03:34:16 PM »
is that there're a passel of folks who've been tossed to the curb in this community that could turn up like bad pennies with all the potential annoyance and recurring trauma that could entail.

As usual @blingdenston, you read my mind.

I am happy to lend my support in whatever fashion I can if this is something we want to do.

As I was writing my reply to this thread, I was already forming a short list of Players who would need to be reached out to to see if they had any interest in participating. Part of my lending support, would be to help talk to anyone who was willing to start a dialogue, if they saw me as a voice they could trust.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/19/18, 06:35:07 PM »
I've observed that fresh faces and places where you can for sure find RP when you feel the need are actually more useful in revitalizing struggling RP communities than only holding events. Making sure that people can get into RP fairly on demand is the key. I've also noticed that getting out of the habit of RPing can make you less flexible for future RP opportunities.

Maybe going to Star Forge periodically can make it easier to not get rusty. Honestly, I like the idea of moonlighting over Star Forge sometime. Maybe we could have a day once a month where we all head over there to RP. I need to see about getting a C9 clone over on Star Forge. I have some characters over there but none that I would RP with.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Ash

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/19/18, 11:42:20 PM »
If other players such as @Ash and @TrickyNick87 were to extend an invitation to us for a specific, well-attended, Cross-Faction Event, similar to say our former Friday Night Dancer's Palace, or another dual-faction accessible Event, I would be willing to roll a Jaade-alt for the purposes of some role-play and a Meet and Greet. I'd do my best to twist @blingdenston's arm to do the same with me.

I can most certainly create something like that for Star Forge if people are interested in just popping over for a event from Shan. I did do a said character transfer and I certainly have a lot of my stuff from Shan on Forge now. If people are interested in that sort of things, and want to recreate characters from Shan, I'm all for creating an event like that!

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07/21/18, 02:41:02 PM »
Thanks for starting this discussion @Ash. I'll be honest, when it first went up, it was a discussion I didn't want to see. BC has been my home for a very long time, as has this community, and I don't do so well with change that involves leaving things behind.

But I am feeling a hole, yeah. I miss being able to log in and at least see chatter going on, see that some roleplay is going on somewhere between some people on any given night. I'm not in SWTOR very often anymore. I'm very much enjoying playing ESO and rping there with @Sebrik, but I haven't reached out to the rp community there as of yet. I don't enjoy playing SWTOR anymore, and the story has lost my interest finally. But the universe hasn't. I still want my rp community to be here. At least I've figured that out. (Yay for summer holidays and time to actually think!)

As I read through the posts I had a similar reaction to many here. I don't have the money to transfer.. so many characters... and I don't want to lose my guilds, the guild strongholds, the one guild where I have use of a guild ship for rp... And then, this morning, I watched the tour of the upcoming Rishi stronghold. That kind of killed my attachment to my guild ship to be honest. That ship looks fantastic. It's extraordinarily cheaper than a guild ship. It will be easy to decorate. It doesn't need a guild. It won't be faction limited!

As I look through my characters, there aren't actually a whole lot of them I'd want to transfer. At the moment, I don't think there are any I want to transfer, because I want to keep them here for the bit of rp that's still going on here. But I may look at making a new character on SF, just to see. And if things look promising, then I might make a character here to transfer there, to unlock all my strongholds and decorations there.

I'm open to the idea of bits of rp in both places. I don't want to leave behind those for whom a move isn't possible.

If, collectively, we decide that that's where we want to be, I don't think we should worry about losing our community in such a move. (Yes, this is me, who hates change that involves leaving things behind, talking.) We know how to find each other in all sorts of ways. And we will find others to connect to, they will join us, we will join them, and in the end, we will still have an rp community.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07/21/18, 03:09:36 PM »
Hey, folks...I'm not trying to be the spoiler here, at all. I love you all and I'm proud of you all and I want the best for you all. But let's be brutal: if there's going to be a massive movement to another server, folks will get left behind. The urge to dedicate one's self to an egalitarian and noble smidge of sacrifice in pursuit of one's true desires is poignant, heartfelt, and almost entirely worthless. The simple freedom of getting what you really want (I.E. more and better and broader RP) will slowly-but-surely trickle away your involvement from this server until the fact becomes obvious: that that sacrifice is onerous and difficult and maybe a bit more than the folks stuck behind should reasonably expect.

And, hey, right now? That's me. I'm not subscribed and I don't intend to be subscribed for months if not whenever the next 2 month deal rolls around, and my money's tight. Like, I know this sounds kinda desperate, but I personally don't have an extra $35.00 to throw around right now (and that's just if I transfer 2 out of 3 Qardaaks, leaving Hyse behind to tend the Custodum Original, not to mention ALL of my Imperial characters and side-projects).

I'm not saying this SHOULDN'T become a thing...the health of this server, and amongst this community, has grown wan and needs a boost and I don't know that there's enough will in the remaining population of this community to do it all on our own. In all honesty, if time and money and interest were about half-an-order of magnitude higher on my part, Pehn would probably be scouting out Star Forge as we speak.

I'm just asking that you take into account that an exodus leaves behind the infirm and the uninterested, and consider strongly whether you should write checks your good will can't reasonably be expected to pay off later.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

/javascript">