Shoutbox

Linked Events

Author Topic: All of Ossus  (Read 11278 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
All of Ossus
« on: 01/05/19, 02:09:35 PM »

Ossus

Out-of-Character:

Date: Thursday January 17, 2019 Cancelled!
Time: 7:00PM P.S.T. - a few hours later give or take

This will be primarily a Republic-faction Event in-game on Ossus. however cross-faction characters can attend, provided we stay outside Faction-locked areas. I changed my mind. This will be a Republic faction-only Event, so I can make use of Ops Channel for Gamemaster communication.

This Event is a sequel to The Cron Adrift No More and occurs just prior to the climatic events in the Jedi Under Seige storyline.

Important: There will be at least one action set-piece using the in-game locations, and one heavy role-play scene.

In-Character:

Traveling in groups, gathering in secret, seeking as one, bands of Jedi survivors and exiles slowly gathered on the Jungle moon of Yavin 4. Formerly home to a secret Alliance base at the height of the war against the Eternal Empire, it was abandoned when the war was won, and evolved into a black market paradise of abandoned military technology and a rich jungle perfect for hiding smuggling operations throughout the System.

Bartering safe passage with an eclectic band of tramp freighter Captains through the dangerous Cron Drift, the wayward Jedi had nearly reached sanctuary when agents of the Sith Empire tracked them down and attacked them on the jungle moon. What started as a dangerous skirmish became a fight for survival due to the sudden appearance of The Fourth Wall, an Imperial warship formerly under the command of a dangerous, unpredictable Dark Lord, now the property of the equally dangerous and unpredictable Taelios Genetech Industries.

The black market was subjected to sudden, ruthless orbital bombardment, causing mercenaries and merchants, smugglers and slavers all racing for their ships, and high orbit. The sudden exodus of so many smaller freighters and transports meant the Republic and Sith Capital fleets converging on Yavin 4 could not easily discern friend from foe.

The smugglers meanwhile escaped into the Cron Drift asteroid field, navigating cold, spinning rocks, and cold-hearted, laser-spitting, slaver ships. Their cargo? Lost Jedi and their families, followers, and fringers. The best pilots survived both, and eventually navigated to the once-lost world of Ossus. The sudden arrival of new refugees from decades of Galactic war and much need fresh supplies gave the Jedi Colony on Ossus hope. The new arrivals were dispersed among the Colony, lending valuable skills and needed manpower.

Jedi Theme: Jedi Steps

Once particular band of Jedi have been sent to the farthest reaches of the Colony, to a series of farms struggling to grow food amidst the ravaged wind-swept craggy canyons of Ossus. These colonists have to survive the inhospitable weather, and the intolerable mutant Geonosians that plague them. These new arrivals are members of the vaunted Jedi Custodum - and their Padawans - discovering their long forgotten allies from the Agri-Corps and the Archives. From the Exploration and Research arms of the once vast Jedi Order. These are not warriors as the Custodum are, though they fight as best they can.

Hanging back in the wings, wondering about their place in all this, are uncertain freighter Captains and their motley crews of gunslingers, mercenaries, and rogue technicians. Augustus Jaade, Captain of the Jaded Dream is one such scoundrel, having agreed to help smuggle the Jedi to Ossus, possibly because of his own checkered past involving the Jedi Knights, or perhaps in spite of it?

Whether to honor the memory of his lost, then found, then lost again daughter who fought alongside the Order, or perhaps due to the time spent in the company of the once-famed Jedi Custodum Grandmaster who found herself a passenger on the Jaded Dream in recent past, no one knows. If the lessons, musings, teachings, and nagging of @Iaera Farworlder affected the Old Man, he'll never tell.

One thing is for damn sure.

There is nowhere to get a good drink on this rock...

Jaade's Theme: End Title
« Last Edit: 01/17/19, 06:15:11 PM by recoveringgeek »
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: All of Ossus
« Reply #1 on: 01/06/19, 04:04:15 PM »
I'll definitely attend! Not sure what character I'll bring, as most of my Jedi characters have undergone other RP or plotting around the assumption that they are in the post Ossus climax timeline, but if worse comes to worst and none of my primary characters can be used I still have a large stable of alts and I'll find a side character to bring color.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/06/19, 11:07:14 PM »
I'll definitely attend! Not sure what character I'll bring, as most of my Jedi characters have undergone other RP or plotting around the assumption that they are in the post Ossus climax timeline,

I suppose my question is, have you already role-played your Mains getting to Ossus and did that occur before the Imperial invasion and subsequent evacuation?

This Event will be a chance to role-play on the eve of that Expansion. Nothing that happens in my Event should disrupt other role-play surrounding Ossus. It does provide a story vehicle to get you there, as I assume the Custodum is late to the party, given their role actually fighting the Sith Empire.

Wookiepedia puts the Colony having existed for six years prior to this Expansion, so in- character we're all discovering this secret in the 11th hour.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/07/19, 01:42:24 AM »
I suppose my question is, have you already role-played your Mains getting to Ossus and did that occur before the Imperial invasion and subsequent evacuation?

In my case I've already done RP with most of my Jedi mains set after the events of Ossus and assuming that the whole conflict there is now a few weeks in the past. I'm not sure if anyone else is in that boat too; the content did drop nearly a month ago so I suppose it's possible, but it's also been the holiday season and generally quiet on the community RP front so maybe most folks have had their characters in a holding pattern. In any event, no worries - like I said, I'll definitely be there one way or another and if I can't think of a way to get one of my usual characters to the party then I'd be happy to play any NPC roles if you need any.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01/07/19, 06:04:42 PM »
I'd already roleplayed some of the fallout of the revelation of the Ossus colony with Dassalya, but I'm content to roll back the clock or bring other characters to join in! Count me there.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/07/19, 09:37:53 PM »
Updated!

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/07/19, 10:55:13 PM »
This might be better for me since I'm just starting Ossus-though I'll prob need to bring Caben and my Maerin companion stand-in since he's only one with access right now.  (though sadly my EST (4:30am PST) work hours may limit if we start late

A reminder all Custodum officers should be aware, Maerin committed to keeping watch over the hidden Custodum space base from the Zakuul era in the Adegan/Ossus system in case it was needed again- the one the Watch was docked at/recovered from pirate mining robots.  Has it been worked out in any way how the plans for that place interact with new Ossus content?  (she told the whole council when they returned to Coruscant, and had been specifically assigned/enforsed by our Senate-intrigue master, drawing blank for moment. )

She hasn't been tehre 24/7, and I'm still catching her up but it was one of her main duties as a Watchwoman in the Outer Rim between Hutt and Adegan space, she'd been a bit more hermatic and jaded after the fallout with the Republic, but looking after a number of charities on Nar Shaddaa, that base and also tending to a few other safehouses for the Jedi Underrground lines to the Rim should they be needed again. 

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/07/19, 11:06:33 PM »
Flexible to figure out exactly what happened, but she did spend a chunk of her time there keeping an eye on the maintenance and robots, and perhaps time to time training students looking for experience on the Rim and suspicious as she was of the Core politics and Senate.

Not sure how much time passed between victory on Zakuul and the present, it's possible there were developments that interrupted her work there. I'm also filling in some details with Hutt-Mando skirmishes over one of the ships my Mando clan stole from former Hutt coalition allies and possibly some more organized Evocai resistance on Nar Shadda she has links to.Just don't want her thread to be completely lost that was her job for at least some of the post-war era.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/07/19, 11:48:54 PM »
Blings original write up for the pirate base that we liberated as a shipyard and home in exile for the Watch and Jedi refugees. He does State the Adegan (Ossus) system but I suppose it could be off the main travel routes, space is huge and it was designed as a base for pirates to loot from but remain out of sight.

/threads/4250-0.html

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/08/19, 09:27:00 PM »
I personally don't know much about what RP is left around this server, so I'll pick an odd most likely side character for this event. Freya's around, but I'm not sure how I want to play her post Ossus.
« Last Edit: 01/08/19, 09:31:03 PM by LVT »
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/09/19, 10:40:39 PM »
I'm still trying to work out a way to pick a character who can play in the timeline of this event. 'Geek, is there a feasible spot in the plot you're running for someone to play a Jedi or scientist from the Ossus colony? I've got other options I can still turn to, but that idea has piqued my curiosity.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/09/19, 11:43:27 PM »
'Geek, is there a feasible spot in the plot you're running for someone to play a Jedi or scientist from the Ossus colony? I've got other options I can still turn to, but that idea has piqued my curiosity.

Yes, completely.

You can send me a PM @Niarra if you want to discuss some details.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/10/19, 05:08:41 PM »
Somewhere in the Cron Drift
Aboard the Republic Naval Service Hospital Ship the Orchestra

"Well don't you look cute, Admiral." The translucent blue holo of Admiral Parnett floated above the circular chrome table in front of the three girls, with his arms folded behind his back. He rolled his eyes. "Do you always wear that when I send you exploring?"

"I think she looks super cute." One of the girls, the shortest, spoke while she adjusted the clasps that secured the cape to the shoulders of the woman Admiral Parnett addressed. The shortest girl was wrapped in a white half-robe with a hood pulled over her sandy blonde hair, and two lightsabers clipped to a cloth belt.

"Small, stop fussing." The tallest girl said. She swatted the shorter girl's hand away.

"Do not!" The shorter girl tried to lunge at the tallest, but the girl in the middle simply, and calmly, pressed an open hand on the girl's forehead and over her eyes, and held her in place. The shorter girl batted at the the hand, giggling softly.

"Would you two please stop and let me finish my briefing? It's bad enough that I had to risk my ship trying to navigate this krickin' asteroid field. I at least need to know why."

"Language." The tallest girl said.

The holo of Admiral Parnett burried his face in his palm, and sighed deeply.

"Am I fired yet?" The girl in the middle returned her attention to the holo.

"Why do you always ask me that, Meagan?"

"Because I keep expecting you to say yes."

The shortest girl giggled. "She really does."

Admiral Parnett sighed again. "I have no doubt of that, Medley."

"Enough. Explain." The tallest girl said. She folded her arms across a chest that bore the symbol of the Republic Medical Corps.

"Master Alexandra, to be completely transparent, I do not know. After the attack on the Yavin moon, we have reason to suspect that certain elements escaped beyond the Cron Drift, to one of the old worlds that have laid beyond our purview. Once you rendezvous with the Republic Fleet, I hope to have more information."

"And in the meantime?" Meagan asked.

"Go alone. Take a Flashfire and do your best to avoid detection. Scout any planets you come across, and sweep for activity."

"And whattif she finds some?" Medley asked.

"Report back to the Orchestra and the Fleet. I suspect whatever you might found out there, it will not be pleasant. It is of the utmost importance that you are not discovered."

"Sounds good. Thanks boss." Meagan said. She tapped a button on the table and the holo blinked out.

"You have no intention of listening to him, do you?" Alexandra asked.

"Do I ever?" Meagan smirked at Alexandra. She turned and began walking from the conference room to the Bridge, with her sisters in tow.
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/12/19, 10:26:53 AM »
Just a weekend bump for anyone still lurking or undecided about their choice of character.  Hoping to encourage as many of you to join us,  since there is common sentiment that we're all craving some role-play,  however the first step is committing your time.

@Seraphie
@livia
@Lolermelon
@Who Else?

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01/13/19, 10:44:25 PM »
I seem to be registered, and do think I will try and make this now that I'm at least started on Ossus.  Appreciate Recoveringgeek getting this going. 

Will be Maerin-Caben tag team as noted, unless the planet has been opened to all levels (poor Mae is still hanging out at Anarchy in Paradise :P )

}); } // ]]>