Shoutbox

Author Topic: I am back and WTF  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Darshendros

• View Profile
I am back and WTF
« on: 05/01/19, 10:04:21 PM »
Hey guys, I'm back! For now.

So, uh... where's all the RP now? Or all the people? I've hardly seen anyone outside of Vaiken and... I have no idea what there is to do anymore that doesn't involve grinding dailies. I did buy some new armor though. It was too tempting not to. And that is the LAST time I give EA my money! ... until Jedi Fallen Order comes out.  :shifty:

Side note: A retcon for anyone who interacted with me the last time I briefly returned to the game before getting distracted by something else and forgetting to log on (however many years ago that was): Darth Malephice is not Magius. Never was. Entirely new Sith. Anything that may or may not have happened never happened.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: I am back and WTF
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/19, 12:29:22 AM »
A lot of people got busy with real life. A few transferred to the other server. Some just wandered away. There were many for whom the direction the in game story took, especially with the inconsistent universe it created depending upon your choices, just put them off for rp. There was some community drama that pushed a number of people away about a year ago. I shut down Dancer's Palace (OOCly, not ICly) almost a year ago, in large part because of that drama. I think there are quite a few who still lurk here, some who still lurk in game more or less frequently, most less than more, but I think most have found other places to play and/or rp.

Offline Darshendros

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/02/19, 12:49:02 AM »
Yeah, that's what I figured :/ I quit for the same reason too. Story's all messed up now. Although it looks like they're trying to dial it back to how it used to be? Bit late for that. I did laugh when the Alliance got more or less decimated by their own flagship though.

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/02/19, 09:31:47 AM »
Some of us are still here and trying to do RP occasionally! Even with the screwed up story it's not actually that hard to justify the fun pub vs imp stuff, or especially sith vs sith stuff for that matter. It's not like there's a big community to coordinate with anymore lol, you could practically just ignore the expansions entirely if you wanted and do whatever you like, just need to plan something with one of the few remaining active players.

I don't know anything about community drama but I do know that a lot of people moved over to the other server because it's more active, if you're willing to start over (or have hundreds of dollars to spend on character transfers) you're probably better off going there for RP. You might find a lot of familiar faces!

Offline Darshendros

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/02/19, 03:59:29 PM »
Some of us are still here and trying to do RP occasionally! Even with the screwed up story it's not actually that hard to justify the fun pub vs imp stuff, or especially sith vs sith stuff for that matter. It's not like there's a big community to coordinate with anymore lol, you could practically just ignore the expansions entirely if you wanted and do whatever you like, just need to plan something with one of the few remaining active players.

I don't know anything about community drama but I do know that a lot of people moved over to the other server because it's more active, if you're willing to start over (or have hundreds of dollars to spend on character transfers) you're probably better off going there for RP. You might find a lot of familiar faces!
Star Forge?

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/06/19, 03:02:46 PM »
There is still a dedicated pocket of us here on Satele Shan! I'm not always able to make it online due to RL, but Thursday Jedi Nights still have folks showing up. Attendance is not what it was, but if you poke your head in you can usually find at least one or two people about who are game for an adventure. Additionally, there are a couple of events in the works by other community members, so I'd encourage you to check out those posts and see if any of them tickle your fancy.

The server (or at least this community) isn't as thriving as it once was, but it hasn't kicked the curb yet. My main advice is to make time for when activities are scheduled, as otherwise finding people online can be more difficult.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/11/19, 04:48:32 PM »
Be nice to get recurring Thursday night's going again on the calendar even if it's not a formal event just to remind people.

I've been trying to do some bi-weekly stuff with the Wraiths, I am planning something against 7:30 Eastern this Sunday 5/12 which is our every other week time.

ss="new_win">Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2