Shoutbox

Author Topic: Sith Order-Sith Intelligence relations?  (Read 2938 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Sith Order-Sith Intelligence relations?
« on: 06/18/19, 09:23:47 AM »
I recently decided that I should probably have a Sith Intelligence character, so I made one. Now I realized that I don't know anything about Sith Intelligence or their predecessor because the last time I did something involving them as protagonists was like 5 years ago lol.

So what's the dynamic between the Sith and their current intelligence service? Are they a totally isolated branch who only take orders from their own non-Sithy commanders (aside from the head of whatever sphere it is) or are they like the military where Sith have their own personal groups of intelligence officers mixed in with the normal Imperial ones? I seem to recall it was implied that Sith Intelligence would be built with more Sith oversight in the Imperial Agent story, but I don't know how Imperial Intelligence was set up previously for comparison and I don't remember having many Sith/intelligence officer interactions in Sith or Agent quests either.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
Re: Sith Order-Sith Intelligence relations?
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/19, 10:58:35 AM »
My understanding is that Sith Intelligence is basically its own separate branch of service, just as Imperial Intelligence had been. The difference is primarily in the name, and the interpretation thereof; though they still answered to the Dark Council, Imperial Intelligence could operate a lot more freely without constant Sith oversight. My understanding is that Sith Intelligence has no such autonomy - the Sith are in charge, and you do as they say, period.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/19/19, 11:58:03 AM »
...and if you thought "Military Intelligence" was an oxymoron, whooo boy...

Sith Intelligence is probably not as effective as Imperial Intelligence was. Say what you will about Darth Jadus (...but not right now, only so many hours in the day), but it was a clear pattern throughout the Agent storyline: The more the Sith get involved with spycraft, the worse it gets for the Empire, for the people on the ground, for civilians, really for anyone within saberin' distance.

Still, it'd likely also attract Sith that are interested in that sort of work, and they'd be better equipped to not just torture anything that gives them lip. Probably better able to manage the tangles of Sith politics and avoid all of their operations from getting ruined by Darth Stabbiwonkers types.

But there's a reason why the Republic was able to, at one point, get a sleeper agent into the organization and have him progress to being the Sith Intelligence's Minister's right hand man. Granted, Lana was more of an operations manager than a spy, but if that was the top brass at the time, and she quit, one only wonders how capable her replacement is...
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/21/19, 01:13:46 PM »
According to Lana in KOTFE, Sith Intelligence has mostly abandoned field operations, preferring technical intelligence collection methods instead.

tion=tpmod;sa=credits" title="Credits">2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2