Shoutbox

Author Topic: [Open RP] I, Droid  (Read 6787 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
[Open RP] I, Droid
« on: 04/24/21, 09:06:41 PM »
Hello Everybody, this is the transfer of an in-game RP to the forums to make it more accessible to people who can't get in-game for Palace night.

This RP is open to characters that go to the Dancer's Palace and have an interest in droidy things. Feel free to join in as if you had been near the bar listening in, especially if your character already knows C9 or XN. This is set on a Dancer's Palace Night so remember that violence is not allowed and the first drink is free.  :grin:

@SivWysan
@Sindee
@starschwar
@Karmic

You four may be particularly interested in this RP.

Thanks to @Seraphie and @ThyssenKrupp for pushing this RP over the edge. :grin: Feel free to yell if some of the creative liberties I took with emote descriptions doesn't fit.

The ballroom doors of the Dancer's Palace ceded to XN's entry with a quiet woosh. XN made his way to his customary first stop, the bar. Around him, quiet murmuring drifted about the room. The Ballroom was nearly empty. The peak crowd had not arrived yet and the few isolated patrons talked privately. As the droid turned the corner, he saw the familiar form of a friend.

"Hello, Thyssen! It is good to see you again,"

XN greeted the Mandalorian with his usual enthusiasm, drawing the seated man's thoughts back to the present. Mid-drink the Mandalorian paused to return the greeting.

"Ah, hello XN-395. Likewise. Your absence was noted at last night's gathering. How are you?"

XN's enthusiasm diminished slightly.

"Eh..."

Not certain how to broach the issue, he hesitated then resorted to chuckling nervously.

"Well, I'm only a little below optimal functionality," he said trying to deflect attention from the matter, "But I trust it shouldn't be too burdensome. As long as I do not attempt too complex a task. I Trust you are well though?"

XN switched topics as soon as it was polite and listened with interest. Thyssen nodded in response before answering,

"As well as can be under current circumstances, yes."

He offered a smile. As much as could be offered, under the circumstances. However, XN grew a little concerned.

"That sounds sub-optimal as well.  I don't suppose there's anything I can do to be of assistance?"

XN waited, ready to act should the ability to change the situation be within his power. However, Thyssen too deflected.

"You're welcome to keep me company, let me know how things are going on with you and C9.  I heard you spent the last few nights aboard the station with her."

XN accepted the new topic, ending the volley that had developed.

"I would be most happy to. Although you appreciate my company far more than CLA-C98 does."

Before XN could say any more, Ziziya quickly moved past the two carrying an armful of bottles destined for the bar shelves.  She darted behind the bar to restock the back cupboard before the next wave of order. Bottles settled, she turned to the bar and greeted the pair with a smile.

"Good evening Thyssen, good evening XN-395."

Thyssen turned his attention and greeted the Hostess before XN chimed in enthusiastically behind him.

"Evenin', Zizi."

"Good evening Miss Ziziya!"

Ziziya chuckled at the two for a moment then stopped to reorganize things behind the bar. While Ziziya was occupied, XN returned the topic of C9's condition. Though he was always concerned for the well-being of C9, the topic was still a bit... complicated.

"I'm afraid that CLA-C98's extended grounding is not being received well and..."

XN's statement winded down, unfinished, as he searched for a diplomatic way to express the millions of things he had been processing on the topic.

Once her chore had been completed, Ziziya popped her head back up again. Concern drew lines on her face and pull the corners of her mouth down into a frown,

"She's still no better? Stell was asking me about her."

Thyssen pondered the matter as well before offering a take.

"Sounds almost like a princess trapped in a tower situation."

"Except that C9 was not well," Ziziya noted.

Had XN eyes to roll, he may have well rolled them. Instead, he quietly stated, almost to himself, "More like a tyrant in a tower..."

Aloud, he attempted an explanation for the two concerned organics before him.

"Well, I'm not sure that better or worse is quite the best explanation. Although, the Director has not lifted her grounding... However, whatever the exact nature of her condition. It has left the Chief Engineer, CLA-C98, and much of the droid staff rather frustrated."

"Do you have the contact information for the Director that you can share with me XN-395?" Ziziya asked. "Stell mentioned that she might see if she can visit with C9, or maybe get Minnette to go visit her."

As Ziziya sought more information, the gears in Thyssen's mind began turning faster. His expression fell neutral as he mulled over the exchange.

"News to me, so her programming's become unstable? Is that 'bout the sum of it? Or are you referring to someone else?"

Happy to finally have a straightforward task on the topic, he quickly confirmed.

"Why, yes, I do."

He immediately sent the contact information for the Director of Gen Terras to the address stored in his files. The same that his former purchase contract had gone to. Then he attempted to clarify his previous statements.

"I believe organics call it a ' mood'. CLA-C98 takes everything she does very seriously. Despite taking her current caretaking duties seriously, she does not feel it is the best use of her abilities... and she is not very happy about that."

Ziziya glanced at her wrist com as it vibrated with the incoming contact information, "Thank you XN-395."

"Also, she gets most upset if one misplaces place settings on tables. I will never touch another fork again in her presence." Despite the rather ordinary and trivial nature of the matter, XN was quite serious about it.

Turning to Thyssen, Ziziya attempted her own explanation.

"My understanding is that it's an instability, yes, but one that's in a positive feedback loop. It makes itself worse."

"So she's developed OCD," Thyssen inferred before pondering the matter more.

Despite having been the last of the group to actually speak with C9, XN was surprised to learn of the instability. Proximity has not imparted as much knowledge as even Ziziya had.

"Oh my... No wonder she's in a mood. CLA-C98 does not like for anything to be out of place, much less her own processes. Our chief engineer, Yahsy, has been attempting to work on her but to my knowledge, nothing has been successful. I try not to pry too much as she is rather sensitive about this whole matter."

Ziziya sympathized with C9, even though she had not met the droid personally. "I think what she's suffering would distress anyone."

"CLA-C98..." Thyssen repeated to himself as he searched his memory, "come to think of it, I'm not familiar with that make or model number. Not that I'm an expert in droids, present company excluded. Who produced her?"

XN's voice filled with a mix of admiration and wonder "Ah... She is a custom-built droid. She is not a standard droid by any means. But that is also, likely, working against her. Her systems are complex and unique, so there's no user manual, as it were. I have asked her if she could perhaps contact the person she refers to as Difficult Creator Organic, but it seems she has lost contact with him."

"No name or face to work with?" Thyssen asked.

"I'm afraid not." XN's reply was as short as the lead they had on the mystery of C9's origin.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." Thyssen mused.

Even as sharp as Thyssen's mind was, the more information he received, the more questions and fewer answers he found.

"I would assist somehow if I could, but I'm afraid her opinion of my abilities is quite low," XN stated with long-standing resignation.

Thyssen, however, had not given up the pursuit of an answer.

"You said that she prides herself on her ability to please others?"

"Heh..." XN chuckled nervously again. That was not an entirely accurate picture.

"Well, I feel it is more accurate to say she prides herself on her ability to meet her own standards. Her opinion on the pleasure of others can vary quite a bit. However, she does pride herself on being a steward droid even if she does not care to be bothered with feelings."

The Mandalorian nodded and tucks his chin between the thumb and forefinger of his right hand, eyes narrowing in thought.

"Alright," he mumbled. "That's something to work with..." Though not much, it was at least a shred to latch onto.

Having watched the exchange quietly for some, Ziziya ventured another thought into the conversation.

"It's my impression that feelings are what got her into this predicament."

Thyssen nodded at Ziziya, their thoughts starting to align along the same path.

"I'm thinking the same thing. It might not be an engineer she needs, but a shoulder to lean against and an ear to speak into. And those adept in the force are quite good at providing that."

Thyssen pondered if Ziziya's Force abilities might offer a new vector of attack for the problem.

Ziziya's eyebrows rose as Thyssen looked at her, then her expression shifted back to the frown that had graced most of the conversation,

"I was told that Icaricia spent a lot of time talking to her before she ended up grounded. I have experience with healing organics, but the force doesn't give the same sense or insight with droids."

XN worked to catch up to the line of thought was forming between the two organics. He had not yet considered the matter as far as his friends.

"Perhaps so. They really aren't her strong suit... er..."

In his focus on analyzing the new possibilities, XN slipped and spoke his thoughts rather candidly. In an interval that seemed forever to him, but was just a fraction of a moment to the others, he caught himself. Attempting to save himself from his "impolite" blunder, he quickly added, "Not that I in any way mean to diminish her abilities."

Thyssen was unphased by the droid's blunt opinion, likely having heard far worse in his day.

"There's nothing wrong with admitting one's faults, XN-395. It's the first step towards learning how to better ourselves."

XN, however, demurred to past experience and muttered "Tell that to CLA-C98..."

The droid's reticence amused the Mandalorian who snickered in response.

XN continued out loud, "You might well be right Thyssen, but CLA-C98 is not one to sit around and muse on her own feelings. At least, not that I have seen. She much prefers action and correcting things that are out of place or out of order. In fact, were it not for the current state of the galaxy, I do not think she would mind her current duties at all... Except for the crumbs. She despises finding leftover crumbs."

Thyssen nodded before turning his focus back to XN. An idea!

"You might have just hit the proverbial nail on the head, my friend."

Ziziya considered the suggestion and its implications lost herself in the thought for the moment.

XN himself began to ponder the information and speculation of the past conversation. Some he had been aware of, but other bits... They were brand new to him.

"Given her feelings over such things, I would think something like that would cause her no end of trouble. If that is the case, she would likely end up caught between trying to fix the problem in trying to keep from neglecting her other duties. It would be terribly disordered... Which would make her incredibly... Well, to be quite frank, cranky."

Having danced around the issue enough, XN finally stated his opinion without reservation earning a nod of agreement from Thyssen.

Thyssen's mind clamped down on the idea like a Krayt Dragon's jaw and began examining the implications from all angles.

"Now the question becomes: if this is indeed a problem... How do we address it without making it worse?"

XN watched the man think but had no solutions of his own.

"That, I believe, is the 1,000,000 credit question." However, one suggestion did occur to him, "I would highly advise not casually or directly questioning her on the matter. It will not end well..." XN shook his head, the memory still sharp of having fallen into that Gundark nest once before.

Though still following the discussion, Ziziya seemed lost in thought, almost as if daydreaming. However, small eye and head movements traced the paths of thoughts coursing through her mind.

Having worked on the problem at hand for so long, Thyssen's mind sought a distraction and remembered the now abandoned drink on the bar. He resumed drinking as he thought further.

At that moment, Ziziya suddenly snapped out of her absorbed thought processes and looks at XN.

Not speaking her idea first, she tilted her head slightly and asked, "XN-395, have you gotten any clear ideas of what modules you'd like, of what you'd like to have as a function or as functions?"

XN was caught a bit off guard by the topic change, but he gave the matter thought.

"Well, I don't know exactly, but I suppose I will need multi-terrain reconnaissance software as well as upgraded oculars. An internal positioning system with appropriate software." He started counting off things on his fingers. "Stronger servos in case I should need to lift heavy objects or remove myself from precarious situations. A translator module would be useful given the many languages spoken throughout the galaxy. Oh yes, and an internal communication system. There are also various chassis modifications that could help, but that would depend more on the terrain."

Attempting to lead XN down her line of thought, Ziziya asked further, "Have you considered doing something -different- from C9, doing your own thing?"

"Well, I... umm... No," the droid replied flatly, "that would be an extremely difficult thing to do... Just pick some random task that isn't needed. However, given CLA-C98's range of function, she is far more versatile than I am."

Ziziya asked more probing questions, "You want to do something useful right? That's what you most want, something useful?"

"Yes, of course," XN agreed. "That is the purpose of a droid after all. That and the Director did make it rather clear that free or not, she does expect me to make myself useful." He began chuckling nervously again. He seemed of have a gift for finding opinionated individuals.

"If I didn't think he would be a tremendously bad influence on you, I would suggest you speak with my friend PK," Thyssen mentioned.

Ziziya nodded along with XN, but thought to check something before she went any further, "Hold that thought XN-395."

She then turned to Thyssen, "C9's problem originated with her emotions programming. Are there emotion modules for droids, like for XN-395? Is it a common option to install emotions? I would assume that while a steward droid doesn't necessarily need emotions, you would want a nanny droid to have some level of empathy?"

"Funnily enough, that's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to introduce our friends here to my other friend," Thyssen said, amused. "He's a bounty droid, fully upgraded with an emotions chip. He says it helps him get into the minds of his targets."

That piece of information gave Ziziya pause. For a moment a look of concern contorted her features, but then she continued the frown having returned, "So how do droids with an emotion routine deal with overwhelming emotions? There's something in that programming that helps them know how to deal with overwhelming anger, or fear, or sadness?"

Drawing on his knowledge of droid systems, Thyssen explained, "Usually there's a limitation, a certain amount that the droid is capable of feeling. They might understand that there's meant to be more but not necessarily feel it. Alternatively, those with advanced motion chips which allow for the full array should have the ability to either activate the dampener or switch the chip off entirely."

XN agreed. "Yes, as Thyssen said there are limits... Aside from restraining bolts, I mean. One could fry their circuits otherwise!"

Ziziya turned her attention back to XN and the line of thought she had been leading him down, "Have you ever visited the lower levels of Nar Shaddaa?"

The question elicited an immediate response from the droid. "Oh my! No. Even organics are likely to lose a few internal pieces that way. What could happen to me? Some of my parts pop right out!"

Ziziya laughed, "Well, you go carefully. I go a couple times a week. Did you know that there are refugee camps much lower down?"

XN thought on the question.

"Hmm... I believe CLA-C98 has mentioned it before. Although, I had rather hoped not to confirm that myself. Given the rumors of roaming Jawas in the lower levels, I am not eager to test my rather nonexistent evasion abilities."

During the conversation, while Ziziya was deep in conversation, another customer, Sevrickk, slipped in and settled at the bar. The bartender offered a smile. He asked the newcomer what he wanted to drink as the trio at the other end kept thinking on XN's and C9's issues.

"Well... What if you could help them?" Ziziya suggested.

Thyssen considered the idea and liked where she was going. "Now that's an idea..."

XN however had to stop to ponder the possibility. While the desire to avoid the lower levels of Nar Shaddaa was quite strong, Ziziya's suggestion did have merit. He could potentially have a function to serve and his function would align with the mission of Gen Terras station which would likely please the Director. Reexamining his earlier software and hardware requirements list, he replied.

"Then I would need a chassis that is -much- harder to break into. However, more to your point, I suppose that could be a useful specialization... Urban reconnaissance."

Ziziya smiled as XN seemed to be coming along. "Hear me out on this XN-395, Stell has been helping out some refugee camps in the lower level for some years now, ever since Minnette started helping them and Stell got involved. She's provided them some adapted hydroponics equipment like they use on Tatooine, but that can use minimal amounts of power on the grid here. That's so they can splice it but not set off in the alarms. I go down a couple times a week bringing some supplies and checking on how they're all doing. But they could really use a droid around, who could be a more regular help with maintaining the equipment, maintaining their makeshift homes, doing some supply runs sometimes, and occasionally discouraging gangs from trying to move in, even if it's just by letting Stell know that they're trying to do so. Such a droid would probably be best to have advanced emotions, to best help people who have been through great trauma and are still living in often threatening or traumatic circumstances. So if you were set up to help in that way, with a stronger chassis, the right programming -and- emotions, which you could manage and processing control, even when the situation makes them overwhelming, then maybe C9 could learn from you what she needs to modify in her own programming. Then she could manage her emotions too. She has the ability to modify her own programming, right? So you could teach her how the strong emotions are managed properly and that would let her learn and modify her programming in the necessary ways."

Having had it all said by Ziziya already, Thyssen dittoed her with a snap of his fingers and an emphatic point in her direction. "What she said."

Ziziya smiled brightly in return before she took a deep breath. The long explanation had taken quite a bit of air. Slowly she let the breath back out as she waited to hear what XN thought of the idea.

XN for his part pondered the suggestion then enthusiastically replied, "That is a very bright idea Miss Ziziya! And I am not just program to say that. It could be just indirect enough to avoid incurring CLA-C98's ire."

"Droid ire is among the worst out there," Thyssen sympathized.

XN agreed. "CLA-C98 can be quite formidable, when she intends to be, too..."

Ziziya nodded as a bright smile replaced the frown that had settled in comfortably throughout most of the conversation.

"I think you would probably be the best possible teacher for her, but it would have to be subtle no matter who tries to teach her, because of the positive feedback loop she stuck in and... Well... By the sounds of it... Her pride. I'm certain you could be of great help to C9, whom you care about so much!"

"Well, I am not certain about being the best, but I would certainly try. If I had the ability to blush this Ziziya, I'm sure I would be..." he said bashfully. "Your confidence is rather infectious."

Jumping back into the discussion, Thyssen asked, "What about speaking to this 'Director' about granting some C9 shore leave? The three of you could make a field trip of it; head down to the lower levels, and visit the refugee camps together."

Ziziya's smile widened even further as her idea was embraced. She turned to Thyssen, "So can that be done? Can you get the necessary programming modules and chassis improvements XN-395 would need, to be set up for that function?"

Eager to help, Thyssen made an offer. "There's a GSI store not too far from here. I can place the order now and have them deliver the parts within the hour, if you like."

Ziziya turned her attention back to XN, "What do you think? The decision is yours, of course. All up to you."

"Oh my. So much change... So quickly," XN was a little overwhelmed by how fast he had gone from helpless to playing a starting role in the solution. He stopped to consider it.

"Well, I need a function and it's not going to happen without some kind of nudge..." he nodded slowly as he made up his mind. "Yes, I will help the refugees and, perhaps, CLA-C98 as well."

Ziziya beamed and turned her attention back to Thyssen nodding eagerly, "I'll cover any cost. I'll work it out with Stell." The idea was already starting to fall into place.

"Then if you two will excuse me for just a few minutes, I'll need to raise my old contact in the warehouse district and let him know what's going on." Thyssen began working out how to pull off the unfolding caper. "They never throw any of their old surplus out, but it always catches 'em by surprise when someone orders a non-current product."

Ziziya gave Thyssen a hopeful smile and nodded in agreement.

XN nodded as well, "Of course."

As Thyssen turned to the side, Ziziya began discussing the next steps with  XN.

"Once you have your upgrades, I can teach you how the hydroponics equipment runs, XN-395. I have a bunch of hydroponics machines that I brought with me when I moved into the apartment here."

XN processed the idea, then replied "Hmm... I probably need a learning module as well then."

Ziziya nodded along, "That would make sense," she tapped the bar trying to get Thyssen's attention in the middle of his call. She mouthed, "learning module too..."

Thyssen smiled back and nodded. He was already a few steps ahead of the others and he had had them covered as well.
« Last Edit: 04/26/21, 08:27:50 PM by Imazi »
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
Re: [Open RP] I, Droid
« Reply #1 on: 04/26/21, 02:29:05 PM »

While they're off, this man walks in and swallows. He's tall, almost 7', and has deep red skin. He wonders if anyone will remember him. He's been a little bit off the radar. Sometimes that's how he needs it to be. He scans the room a moment, swallows slightly, and saunters over to the far.

"Hello. Would the owner be around? I heard she was looking for an additional bar tender? Or more like an old-new bar tender?"

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/26/21, 03:40:28 PM »

XN, a rather ordinary droid sporting GSI brand colors, is pulled out of his fantasies of upgrades by the request of the newcomer to the bar. He moves over to meet the man and enthusiastically greets him.

"Hello, Sir! I am XN-395, utility droid. Welcome to the Dancer's Palace. I am not sure if Miss Karmic ( @Karmic ) is present at the moment, although I am sure should would happily consider your application for bartender if she is about. Or perhaps Miss Ziziya ( @Seraphie ) knows if Miss Stell has made a request already."

XN turns his attention over to the woman nearby hoping that she may have further information.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/26/21, 06:25:50 PM »
The man slowly smiles at the mention of Karmic. "Karmic is here? Still alive and kicking? That's excellent. Now hopefully I can explain where I wandered off to. Miss Ziziya? How long have you been working here, XN-395?"

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/26/21, 07:33:49 PM »
"I am not certain if she is here. But she is most definitely 'alive and kicking' as I am sure Thyssen will attest. However, I have not worked here long, myself. CLA-C98 asked me to come and greet in her stead while she is..." he pauses to search for an appropriate word, "indisposed."

The droid turns slightly and attempts to draw the attention of the Hostess in question. "As for Miss Ziziya, she is our hostess. Miss Icaricia, our previous hostess, recently left to pursue new opportunities."

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/26/21, 08:51:05 PM »
"Indeed. I understand too well." He bows slightly. "And what are the odds you could pass along to C9 that an old friend named Crimsen says hello?"

He smirks and glances at the hostess, and then back to XN. "Pursue new opportunities? Very well. On Nar Shaddaa, or elsewhere? I hope she's safe... Karmic and I are old friends. Same with C9 and I. "

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/27/21, 09:27:40 AM »
Ziziya glances back at the bar and notices the motion from XN. She excuses herself from the patron she was chatting with and comes to the bar. The Force sensitive 23-year old gives Crimsen a warm smile. "Hello and welcome to Dancer's Palace. I'm Ziziya, the hostess."

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/27/21, 03:26:13 PM »
"They're quite good, Sir. I would be happy to rely the message. Perhaps hearing from a friend will lift her spirits as it were. I will attend to that now. I'm afraid that due to my currently limited functionality, I am unable to serve you. I will return shortly"

XN nods his head then turns to go find a communication terminal and relay Crimsen's message.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/27/21, 06:18:17 PM »
"Thank you, XN, and good luck."

He turns to Ziziya. "Hello, Ziziya. I don't think we've met before. I'm Crimsen. I used to work here." He's a tall pureblood Sith with deep red skin, and a bit of an aura Force-wise. He smiles warmly back and replies, "I was hoping  I could maybe work here again. I can cook and fix any drink one needs."
« Last Edit: 04/27/21, 06:24:29 PM by Crimsen »

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/27/21, 11:49:27 PM »
Ziziya's smile remains warm, "Oh! Welcome back in that case! I'm not sure if we have any specific job postings at the moment, but, knowing Stell, I would think that she'd always welcome back former employees if she can." She gestures out to the rest of the ballroom, "Why don't you enjoy yourself as a patron for the moment, and give me some time to chat with Stell, whenever she's available for my call?"

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/28/21, 04:20:50 PM »
Sometime after Zizya leaves to make her call, XN returns to the ballroom. Stopping at the top of the stairs leading down to the dancefloor, he scans the room--noting the various other patrons that had begun to collect--looking for Crimsen. Upon finding the rather conspicuous pure-blood, he approaches.

"Good news, Sir!." he announces exuberantly. "I was able to reach CLA-C98 and relay your greeting. I'm afraid her regret over not having been personally present did not have the intended effect, but she did wish to relay a reply. Do you have a comm address I can send it too? It is encrypted, so I am afraid that I am unable to simply read it to you. My apologies."

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04/28/21, 05:48:05 PM »
Crim smiles and bows to Ziziya. "Thanks." he turns and gets himself a drink, glancing over the menu. He smiles a little. "They still use some of my recipes..."

He needs to test it out! So he orders an app and main: nuna bacon sliders, and his nerf club sandwich. Partially hunger, and to sees what became of it. It was certainly slightly different in some flavours, and they were delicious. Quite comforting. he looks forward to experimenting, and writes some ideas on a datapad.

Crim is nursing a strong drink when XN returns. He feels unfazed or tipsy from it. He looks at XN and smiles at that. "Oh? Good... and yes. I do. Here..." He reaches and gives him comm the frequency. "Thank you."

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04/28/21, 06:09:14 PM »
"Thank you, Sir. Would you like to pass this frequency along to CLA-C98?" XN forwards the message to Crimsen's Comm.

The message seems ordinary enough, subject being a simple "Hello". However, first glace reveals that it also encrypted. It is a somewhat simple encryption, nothing for a former intelligence operative, but enough to deter casual snoopers. C9 sent the message below:

Spoiler: "Encrypted Message" • show

Hello Crim Bartender Organic,

It is good to hear that you are still functional and have returned to the Dancer's Palace. Many have not been so fortunate. I hope that there is an opening for another bartender.

I regret that I am not able to see you in-person, but I'm afraid I am unable to leave Gen Terras Station until the issue with my systems is resolved. Unfortunately, I do not foresee that happening any time soon given how unique my systems are. All attempts at accessing my problematic, locked memories have failed and more than a few computers have shorted attempted to process the erratic data. Unless I can find a way to internally process the memories and the complex emotions that follow, I may be, in practical application, grounded until I can no longer function.

This is not a pleasant prospect. However, it is not safe for me to be among organics that might potentially attempt to exploit my vulnerabilities. It could be dangerous for me or a means to endanger to others. I may not be able to function properly, but my primary function is still to care for organics. Regardless of whether or not I can help myself, I will at least fulfil some portion of my purpose.

For now, I have left my greeting duties to the Functionless XN and he seems to be reasonably well suited to the task. At least he is spared the embarassment of being completely useless. I trust you also will find him eager to be of asssistance in other ways, but he is unable. Please excuse him. He lacks the means to be of more use--it is poor planning on the part of his manufacturer. Also, he is burdened with an irritating personality matrix. Please excuse this as well--he is simply programmed that way.

I hope that you are able to establish yourself well.

- CLA-C98

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04/28/21, 09:26:15 PM »
Ziziya returns after some minutes and finds Crimsen in the room. She smiles at him, "Stell is very happy to hear that you're well and says she'd love to have you back here, mixing and cooking up your tasteful delights!" She grins. "You can go over the shifts you'd like with me and I'll work it into the schedule here."

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04/29/21, 11:59:30 AM »
Crim smiles wides as he reads. He composes his own mail, nodding to XN. "That would be fabulous."

Spoiler: show

C9:

I'm sorry to hear that you're in the shop. I know they'll fix you up well. I'm eager to get back into some semblance of my old life.  I'll keep the secret about your vulnerabilities to the grave. Perhaps when you're back, I can help improve your encryption abilities?

XN is pretty good, all things considered. He's polite so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know him more and more. Take care C9. I'm going to send you my comm frequency so we can message more directly.  look forward to hearing from you soon. I hope we can speak in person soon.

He smiles a bit more and visibly relaxes when Zizya comes back. He comments, "Stell is still here? Thank the Force.   I was worried time and other factions cost us her. I'll take all the shifts and I can start this minute or tomorrow, if necessary. How have things here been since the war with Zakuul started?"

ost;rand=984dde67dd7384ed5041494a31c4e4f2", "post", 1); // ]]>