Shoutbox

Author Topic: (OOC) SoCal Begeren Colony GeekOut - OFFICIAL INVITE  (Read 42075 times)

Offline Lanse

• View Profile

August 4th, 2012, at Oiwake restaurant in Little Tokyo.

Some further details beyond the snazzy poster:

- Restaurant website is at http://www.oiwake.com/ . It's classified as a restaurant, not a bar, so you don't have to be 21 to attend (just 21 to drink alcohol).

- Reservation is for 6:30pm, under the party name Disara. Don't worry if you have to arrive fashionably late. It's a big table. There will be a full dinner menu as well as a buffet option.

- Happy hour is from 5-8pm and features such niceties as $7 pitchers of draft beer.

- Karaoke starts at 9pm. We selected a table perilously near the stage.

- If you decide to take the Metro Rail, the Gold Line has a convenient stop ( Little Tokyo / Arts District ) that's within easy walking distance. If you want to drive, Oiwake offers two hours free validated parking, beyond that you may have to pay some cash. Most parking in the area will be paid, just as a warning.

- This is a cross-factional event. Empire and Republic both welcome. People outside SoCal, too, for that matter, should they have the hyperdrive fuel to make the trek!

Offline Disara

• Web designer by day and comic book artist by night
    • View Profile
Re: (OOC) SoCal Begeren Colony GeekOut - OFFICIAL INVITE
« Reply #1 on: 06/21/12, 09:31:07 PM »
And please RSVP by filling out the poll listed below so I can inform the restaurant if we need more seats at the table. The only required part of the poll is the "Are you coming" question, the others are optional.

Please click the link below and fill out the poll:

Below is a googlemap that I created of the area. It shows the Oiwake restaurant, local parking (which you get 2 hour validation from the restaurant), and the Gold Line stop in Little Tokyo. There is more parking in the area, but I thought I would show you the one that gives you validation for the restaurant.

« Last Edit: 07/28/12, 02:19:46 PM by Disara »

Offline Zuhani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/22/12, 04:11:44 PM »
Gosh, this makes me wish I didn't live on the east coast... Hope you guys have fun :)

Offline Remmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/22/12, 04:19:55 PM »
I have yet to RSVP, because the date's pretty far out and there's a possibility I may be doing some traveling. We'll see if I can make it out of my little shell in the valley. XD
Characters:
Remira - Republic Pilot
Mae'lorai - Jedi Sage
Aldrea - Jedi Padawan
Melaena - Imperial Force-user
Xanae - Sith Assassin

Offline Kalypstra

• "We know truth, not only by reason but, by heart."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/22/12, 04:20:17 PM »
I'd love to meet you guys there but... I live in Colorado...

Maybe we can do our own meet up in Denver if there are enough close by! I know of myself and at least 3 others!

Characters:
Kalypstra (Main)
Nara'kei
Rikki'a
Viridiah

Offline Alysanda

• The Pantsless Jed... darn it. Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/22/12, 04:34:55 PM »
Things can change in six weeks, but I am trying to save the date!
May the Reverse Engineering gods not notice your efforts, for they are evil bastards and feast on your frustration.

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/22/12, 06:16:04 PM »
Psh, the whole point of having it so far out is so you can make plans AROUND the Geek Out! Don't let so much time pass by that you forget and go "Oh, I wanted to hang out with Disara, Lanse and Jace IRL, but this other thing came up." Plan ahead and save the date now! :D
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Disara

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/22/12, 11:00:40 PM »
I really hope some of you guys can come. It would be great to see some of you guys in person. Some of you already have met me at comic conventions, but it's much different when I'm able to relax and not have to draw sketches.

Plus I'll do nearly anything to help convince you to come if that's what it takes. I will probably even cosplay because I have a guildy that would come if he could cosplay and not be the only one dressed up. And I want him dressing up because his costumes are cool!

All I ask is that you RSVP by the end of July so that I can tell the restaurant if we need more seats.

Offline Dyven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/23/12, 03:54:04 AM »
Am looking in to this and figuring finances out.  Sadly not long after that I am heading for Gen con and...well, need to have some money available for the inevitable games I will want to buy.  But I will soon also be starting up a thread for any BCers that will be at Gencon in the hopes that maybe thursday night we can get together somewhere.

Offline Lanse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/23/12, 10:34:36 PM »
Just FYI for those on a budget, the all-you-can-eat dinner buffet price is $10 last I checked.

Hell, we're on a budget ourselves, we just occasionally like to pretend we aren't.

Offline Alysanda

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/23/12, 10:59:58 PM »
Did you hear that, people??? Disara Cosplay. How can you resist??
May the Reverse Engineering gods not notice your efforts, for they are evil bastards and feast on your frustration.

Offline Kalypstra

• "We know truth, not only by reason but, by heart."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/24/12, 07:12:38 AM »
Ok... so I know I said I wasn't going to be going but Korti, in his infinite awesome, is going to be driving right past me to get to you guys sooo, it looks like you will be having not only a Sestra... but real life Kaly as well >.>

Characters:
Kalypstra (Main)
Nara'kei
Rikki'a
Viridiah

Offline Alysanda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06/24/12, 09:00:26 AM »
Knowing where you live, Kaly, I can't quite picture how that will work, but I don't really care. Hooray! ^^

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06/24/12, 11:32:52 AM »
Ok... so I know I said I wasn't going to be going but Korti, in his infinite awesome, is going to be driving right past me to get to you guys sooo, it looks like you will be having not only a Sestra... but real life Kaly as well >.>

This just literally made my day. :D Double dose of awesome peeps!!
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Disara

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06/24/12, 11:45:07 AM »
I'm super excited. :D

ion">