Shoutbox

Author Topic: KNIGHTFALL Prompt  (Read 6592 times)

Bolas

KNIGHTFALL Prompt
« on: 11/14/14, 12:10:44 AM »

This thread is the prompt thread for the KNIGHTFALL event. This thread is for contribution posts only.

All posts that meet the requirements in this thread will receive a clue via PM to be used in the event. For the post criteria, questions, and more information, please see the official event thread here:
/threads/2844-0.html

It began, as it always does, with the darkness. The void.

The large crystal moved through space like a comet.

Always it is there, and never are we to look. To stare.

The crystal twists, spins, rotates... Then readjusts itself.

For inevitably, it stares back.

The crystal shatters.

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: KNIGHTFALL Prompt
« Reply #1 on: 11/14/14, 02:22:41 AM »
((With apologies only to Freddie Mercury))

"Yes, having one's hand bitten off by a varacyl is rather embarrassing."

Aylaa smirked up at her sister-in-law as they walked. "It is, isn't it?"

Neridis shook her head, bemused. "Even I know not to get too close to the business end of a war mount and I grew up here," she said, gesturing around to the small plaza high in Kaas City's fashionable city center. "What happened to the hand?" She asked.

"Sweetie ate it," Aylaa sighed as they began to walk down the broad steps at one side of the elevated city park.

"Sweetie." Neridis arched an eyeridge.

Aylaa flashed her teeth at her much taller sister-in-law. "Her dam is named Cupcake." She shrugged. "It seemed appropriate."

Neridis rolled her eyes, but chuckled anyway. "Does 'Sweetie' now have a taste for Twi'lek?" she asked, picking off loose thread from the long sleeve of her deep red robe.

"I'm not sure on that account. Gave her indigestion. Put her off her feed and, well, if the stable droid had emotions I imagine it'd be rather annoyed at resulting... mess."

"Ugh," Neridis scrunched her nose. "There is something striking to some of the creatures the House keeps in its employ but some of the smells," she trailed off, waving a hand.

"Well not everywhere can be as luxuriously pristine as your clinics, dear sister," Aylaa replied airily. "Ah, is that the cafe?"

Neridis looked up then smiled. "Yes. Just opened. They have damn good caff," she said. They crossed the green lawn and plant formations to the other side, enduring only a light rain. "We make the surgical interns hike across the city to bring it to us." She winked.

"It's not too horrifically rainy," Aylaa mused, "should we get a sidewalk table?"

"At least here the water just goes away and you don't need a heavy-lifting droid to move half of Hoth to get out of your front door," Neridis replied, sniffing and tossing her long black hair back over her shoulder.

"Heh. Ohh look at that strutting creature," Aylaa said subtly nodding to a Sith and his retinue parading down the broad pedestrian boulevard that ran around the circumference of the landscaped square.

Neridis narrowed her eyes then snorted a laugh. "House Zek-ver. That'd be "Lord" Mycell the somewhat more pompous nephew of Darth Wrayth."

"More pompous than Wrayth?"

Neridis pursed her lips and nodded, her face sliding into a calm emotionless mask as she spoke in low tones. "He's tried to sleep his way through his Uncles social circles for the last few years. Father was able to deny his suit of my cousin because he's a useless spice-head."

"Oh my," Aylaa snickered. "And that retinue," she said, nodding as they ascended the broad stairs to duck under the cafe's broad awnings. "That's what, four slaves with perhaps half a yard of clothing between them? Exotic colors."

"Mmmm," Neridis mused with a critical eye. " 'Least one is a Zeltron." Her golden eyes slid back to Aylaa, shining in mirth. "As I understand it, he's the sort who needs some... assistance."

"Oh poor, baby. Too much spice in the plumbing to work."

Neridis nodded slightly as she daintily folded her longer fingers on the table. "I think he bought and bribed his way through Korriban. Such an embarrassment," she commented with venom that didn't match the neutral public face.

"Well he sure didn't fuck his way through."

The noble facade cracked and Neridis snorted a laugh. "Aylaa."

Aylaa shrugged and watched the crowd as Neridis placed an order with the droid for the both of them.

Lord Mycell was somewhat portly and was mostly human but had some true Sith ancestry. it shone through in a ruddy complexion and some very sad cheek tendrils. His robes were far too heavy and rich to do anything other than weigh him down in a fight. He wore a fashionable amount of armor, which meant it was more flashy than functional and Aylaa doubted there was a gram of Phrik in the weave.

The lord had stopped to chat up a fellow at one of the other establishments on the street and the two were laughing uproariously and taking up more space than they were worth. The four slaves, two assistants and, how pathetic, bodyguards stood awkwardly and blocked foot traffic while their lord laughed it up with an almost equally overdressed young Sith lord.

As the two parted company, Lord Mycell began to strut away.

"Oh stars." Aylaa nodded down the street then looked away so she wouldn't be caught staring. "He's practically dancing."

Neridis turned her head slightly to look, her eye ridges lifting. "He is dancing."

Aylaa eyed the man out of the corner of her eye when suddenly a loud baritone rang out in the square.

"Toniiiiiiight," the voice sang out, "I'm gonna have myself a real good tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime."

Aylaa blinked. "He's singing."

"I feel aliii-Hiiii-hiiii-hiiiiiive! And the Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorld! I'll turn it insiiiiiide oooooooooooout, yeah!"

"He's... not horrible?" Neridis said, now openly looking at the Sith lord who was sashaying down the wide street.

"I'm floating around in ecstasy!" he sang in an airy, breathy, falsetto.

"...Spice?" Aylaa asked. Neridis shrugged.

"So don't....stop....me...nooooow," Mycell sang out, in the same falsetto as he punctuated each sticatto word with a little hop. "Don't.. stop.. me," he continued then abruptly gained speed as he raced up onto the nearest planter. "'Cause I'm having a good time! Having a good time!"

"Should we... call someone?" Aylaa asked, hand half reaching for her comm.

"I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky!" Mycell sang, running along the planter and leaping at the end of the phrase. "I'm a Vorn tiger!" he stopped before two ladies who'd been eating lunch and prowled a coy hand at them. "Defying the laws of gravityyyyyyyyy!" He backed up and ran back down the street. "I'm a racing swoop passing byyyyyyy!"

"I... Think maybe we should... call someone?" Neridis said. "This... doesn't really look like a typical spice reaction." She frowned and watched Mycell continue to sing and began to climb the decorative statue between two hedges.

"I'm gonna go, go, go, There's no stopping meeeeeee!" He launched himself off the statue and did a surprisingly neat flip before landing on his feet. "I'm burning through the skyyyy, yeah!"

"His people seem confused," Aylaa noted. she looked around and saw that most of the patrons in the surrounding businesses had stopped and were gawking at the singing and bounding sith lord.

"I'm traveling at the speed of liiiiiiiiiiiight!" Mycell sang out,  running full out back to his compatriot at the other cafe, grabbing the sith by his armored top and hauling him half over the railing. "I wanna make a supersonic man out of yooooooooou!" He sang then shoved his dazed friend back over the railing.

"Don't... stop... me... noooow!" he sang, over the catcalls of the other Sith's drinking companions. "I'm having such a good time!" He grinned, snapped his fingers, then pointed them at a cafe waitress. "I'm having a ball!" He did threw his hands out and began to do something that, if one squinted, might have resembled a dance. Two of his slaves gamely attempted to dance in place with their master but stopped after a few steps, bewildered.

"Don't... stop... me... nooooow!"
he sang out, his voice taking on an oddly ecstatic joy. "If you wanna have a good time," He grinned and grabbed another waitress and swung her around in a circle. "Just give me a call!" The waitress sailed out into the grass with a small scream of surprise.

Several bystanders stood up and began to shout.

"Don't... stop... me... noooow!"
He punctuated the triumphant  note with a blast of lightning from his hands. Several of the bystanders screamed. Tables flipped and people began to hide behind them. The crowd across the square began to surge away, fleeing the Sith lord on a musical rampage.

"Cause I'm havin' a good time!" More lightning. More screaming. The non-sith crowded over one another in their attempts to escape, fleeing into shops or out of the square.

Other sith were rising from their seats. Aylaa looked around and found none of them to be familiar apart from her sister-in-law.

"Don't.. stop... me... nooooow! Yes I'm havin' a good time!" he punctuated with a blast of lightning. "I don't wanna stop at allllllllllllllllllll!" He filled the air around him with dark energy, his eyes wide, fingers held in rictus claws before the blast rushed forth into the air and impacted a building, cracking the glass and shattering the surrounding duracrete. "Yeah!"

He turned around, his eyes aglow with manic power. "I'm a spaceship on my way to Voooooss!" he sang out, bounding across the duracrete to the cafe where Aylaa, Neridis and a few other sith were standing their ground as Kass Civil Security Droids arrived on the scene. "On a collision course!" He pushed aside the leading droid with the force. "I am a satellite! I'm out of controooool" He blasted the following droid with a burst of lightning.

"I'm a sex machine ready to reloooooad like an neutron bomb!" He began to hop forward on each word, his hips leading in a bizarre dance. "About to whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, exploooode!" he took out the awnings with a blast.

The human sith who'd been sitting a few tables down from Aylaa and Neridis launched himself at Mycell.

"I'm burning through the sky, yeah!" Mycell sang as he dodged the other sith, tossing him down the street and into his retinue.

"This isn't normal, spice, is it?" Aylaa asked as Mycell turned his attention to the two women.

"I'm traveling at the speed of light!" he sang as she bullrushed Aylaa, grabbing her arm and pulling her close. "I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!"

Aylaa hit him with a Force enhanced uppercut.

Mycell sailed up and back a good three meters, skidding on the damp grass, his heavy robes in a tangle. He began to laugh.

"I think that's enough," Aylaa said over the laughter, her hand going to her saber. More Kass Civic Peacekeeping droids appeared.

Mycell continued to laugh as he rolled onto his knees, wavering slightly.

"Sir, if you would come with us," one of the droids said, stepping forward and flashing its official Holobadge.

Mycell laughed and blasted it with the Force, sending it tumbling head over heals back into an overturned table. He got to his feet still laughing. The laughter had a ragged edge to it.

"Definitely not normal spice," Aylaa observed.

"If it's spice," Neridis said, frowning. "I'm calling Kass General to get a damned medical team out here," she said pulling out her personal holocom.

Mycell got up, wavering in place, and attempted to dance only to fall over his own feet, his laughter doubling, punctuated only by gasps for air. His retinue edged forward and he clutched at the robes of his aide, his voice now high-pitched and ragged, a trail of blood leaking from his nose.

His aide was torn between concern and disgust when Mycell suddenly seized, his entire body going rigid before he fell to the ground then began to flop like a landed fish.

And he laughed.

Mycell flailed around on the ground. his body went stiff again so only his head and heels touched the ground then he collapsed once more into uncoordinated writhing. Flecks of foam appeared at his mouth.

And yet... he laughed.

Aylaa dropped her hand away from her saber and watched as the Sith laughed as the paramedic unit arrived, the droids attempting to hold his body down as the human consulted with her sister-in-law. She saw him break the board the orderly united had attempted to strap him to. She saw the flecks of foam turn red and watched as he died laughing.

Neridis gritted her teeth channelled Lightning into her hands and slammed her clawed fingers into the body with a roar. The body jerked under her touch. She growled and sent a second then third jolt into the body. The laughter had finally stopped.

Neridis stood, flicked a surly jolt of lightning at the man's head then huffed a lock of hair out of her face and stalked over to stand beside Aylaa.

"He's dead. Couldn't haul him back," she said, with a scowl. She rolled her shoulders and drew fingers through her hair to settle the lightning frizz. "Too bad. Could have used the favor from his Uncle."

Aylaa nodded. They watched the paramedics load the body up.

"That.... was a thing that happened," Aylaa said.

"Hell of a thing."
« Last Edit: 11/14/14, 09:49:23 AM by Aylaa »

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/14/14, 08:36:54 AM »
Within the canyon lands of Ubrikkia...

"Where is your friend?"

"Hey look, I didn't come to you about that! Just wanted to bring ya a business deal. Okay?" Captain Foha runs a hand through her hair, "Just business."

The mirialan turns away, drawing the visor over her face as she begins to weld components of a ship's wing together. "I have plenty of business without your help."

"I didn't have to come here, you know! I just thought--"

"Just business, right? A holocomm call would have sufficed." Sparks fly as the the welding continues.

Foha turns her eyes away. "Okay, I admit it, Mai. Missed ya, and it's good to see ya once in a while."

Nadimai looks up. "The time for that is long past." Her dark visor reflects the overhead lights. "Your ship isn't broken this time. So leave. Go back to your soldier boy."

"He's not my soldier boy!" Foha takes a step toward Nadimai. She groans in frustration. "Kriffing Fate, Mai! Can't we hold a normal conversation anymore?"

Nadimai returns to her welding. Fzzzzzzzt.

Foha takes another step toward the mirialan.

"Leave. And don't come back."

BANG!

Nadimai pauses. A new hole has appeared on the sheet metal. She turns.

"Oh kriffing.... Fate... I don't know..." Foha drops her blaster. "I... Mai..."

The mirialan stands calmly, dark visor over her face. "I think you should leave now."

With a small gasp that turns into a sob, Foha turns and runs out of the hangar.

Some minutes later, The Clawsmith rises up out of the canyon lands, a dark shape silhouetting the black, star-speckled sky.

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Lolermelon

« Reply #3 on: 11/14/14, 09:27:00 AM »
"It tastes like feelings..."

Taelios shifted and fidgeted in place, looking down over Comet Kresh-Nine-Four from his mining rig. He licked his lips and began to tap out a rhythm on the console, the sounds pouring out of its speaker system suddenly sounding more enticing.

"It's a space-storm and all the broken bits are flying to-and-fro."

A blip on his surface scanner caused a raised eyebrow. "Hmm... organic material. Seems to be humanoid in shape... I suppose I'll take a look."

A few button presses, and a conventional looking spacesuit descended from a ceiling panel. Taelios waved it off dismissively, opting instead for a more form-fitted option. Pressure seals activated, and the Pureblood was off to adventure, bio-scanner in hand.

Arriving at the scan-site, Taelios was surprised to find a heavily-armored human, still intact and not at all exploded despite his lack of a pressurized environment. He ran the scanner over the deceased, and blinked a few times in confusion. "Now that's... something else."

Reaching to the man's belt, Taelios retrieved a single ornate lightsaber, and began to fish through his pockets. He retrieved a small note written on flimsiplast. A phrase, written in basic and high galactic, adorned the card.

"I'm so happy I could die."

The corpse was retrieved for further examination, and Taelios continued his mining operations.

Offline Valtilus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11/14/14, 12:12:52 PM »
Dromund Kaas, Plaza Square.

"There was this one time on Hoth where one of the men in my squad didn't fasten his body armor properly. Suffered some rather... disgusting frostbite. Quite the dead weight for what was supposed to be a scouting mission. Wouldn't you agree?"

Valtilus nodded attentively, smirking behind the crimson helmet that he rarely ever took off. "Don't see why you carried him along. The snow of that ice box of a planet could have easily buried him."

The lone soldier paused with some unease, not sure what to think of the former sergeant's "humor" so to speak.

"Eh... right. I do believe I should be reporting back to my commanding officer, it-"

A ruckus was taking place just across from the two, hysterical laughter broke the casual atmosphere. They both observed in silence all the while arming themselves with caution and perplexity. Their minds unable to account for anything happening at that very moment.

Valtilus slowly placed his right gauntlet over the pommel of his lightsaber, tilting his head slightly as the massive arch on his helmet glistened with the dew of the light drizzle that was predominate and typical for Kaas weather.

His posture became lax once more as he saw that the situation was already resolving itself, watching as the man was lit up with electricity. A shame to see a fellow Sith die, but after-all, he was of mixed species. Something Valtilus didn't agree with.

He turned back to the private who simply gave a deep shrug, lowering his rifle. "As I said, I should be reporting back now. It was... an experience speaking with you." He gave a quick salute and wandered away from the plaza.

Valtilus turned away from the private and observed with arms crossed as medical droids and the lot examined the body. He chuckled to himself and decided to pay no further heed to the bizarre spectacle, making his way towards the hangar to board his ship.

As he strolled down the street, he looked at the people. Their smiles... their nonchalant behaviors. This was the Empire, was it not? Hard work and labored backs were to make it supreme. They would not be that of the shaded Republic that breeds lies while trying to uphold "democracy".

A tightness spread across his chest, and frustration began to rise in his throat. He quickened his pace toward the hangar bay... halfway there.

The laughter of security shirking their duties just outside the entrance to the hangar stopped him in his tracks. He slowly turned and stared them down intensely, not to mention intently. A rage beginning to grow within, and his head began to throb with a piercing pain. He shook his head and finally entered said hangar bay, practically speed walking up the ramp of his interceptor class ship.

As the door hissed and parted, he was greeted by a service droid, telling him of the ship's diagnostics and repairs. Valtilus brushed passed the obnoxious automaton and walked straight towards the holocommunicator.

"My lord, you appear to be under distress, would you like me to prepare you some caff? Or perhaps-"

The droid was cut short as Valtilus blasted him several times with his personal blaster. Smoldering holes breathing smoke from burnt components as the droid whined down into inevitable death.

"This Empire...this Empire..."

He walked over to it and pictured everything he despised about his glorious, undying Empire. Firing away into the droid over and over until the bolts themselves began to pierce the floor panels, leaving scorches of his unidentifiable malice.

He walked into his chambers, taking off his helmet and setting it on a nearby table. Turning gingerly, he walked toward the mirror and stared into his own corruption in an eerie silence. Standing there, blaster still in hand, the droid laying lifeless.

Rage consumed him.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/14/14, 04:53:15 PM »
The Balcony at Crimsen's Apartment on Kaas from Tik'shâsot's POV (Posting the backstory in another post):

Tik'shâsot looked out over Dromund Kaas. His clothes were drenched, and the thunder was constantly booming. He could not believe what he just witnessed… An alien made him feel that good. He shouted to no one in particular, "I've... it felt so much better than those times I shocked myself... but him! Why him?!"

A voice spoke up, "What are you doing out here?"

Tik'shâsot glanced back, surprised, wiping the rain from his face. "You didn’t have to come all the way out here to find me… I just needed some fresh air."

Katharsys grinned a bit, green eyes upturned to the angry sky, water dripping from his forelocks. "This is your idea of fresh air?”

Tik'shâsot replied quietly, "Rain can be quite calming."

"Rain... is good on many levels," Katharsys answered, realizing on some level he was speaking metaphorically. "It’s not for everybody, I suppose, but when you can truly appreciate the beauty of it, rain is amazing.”

Tik'shâsot  cannot help but notice how the rain forms Katharsys' clothing around the smaller man's body. He says simply. "It is amazing,” before looking back out at it.

Katharsys asked randomly, “This may be a little strange to ask but are you alright?"

Tik'shâsot  turned to look at Katharsys, meeting his gaze intently for a moment. He could lie and just say he’s alright. However, no point in lying to the man now. He said simply, "I am not sure if I am alright." He then looks away at the Kaas' skyline.

Katharsys replied, "Fair enough, I suppose. I mainly wanted to be certain I didn't injure you. That wasn't my intent. By using my lightning I was hoping to show you a way to regain your control of your... outlet, as such.”

Tik'shâsot almost started to laugh. Katharsys far from injured him. If anything, Tik was thrown into confusion because of what happened inside the apartment earlier. "You didn't injure me,” the Sith shot back. “Do you have any idea how strong and powerful it felt when it coursed through my veins? Whatever it is you intend to do to me…” his voice dropped to scarcely a whisper, “don't stop.”

"Wait," the other man said with a stunned expression,"What are you saying? It has to be me that torments you?” Kath glared a moment, incredulous. “Lightning isn't even my  focus! You can't do this yourself? You used to..."

The silence was deafening. Tik’shasot realized within it that Katharsys simply will not grant the request. After all, Sith are better at torturing someone who doesn’t want to be tortured. Tik‘shâsot looked away and said, "Look. I know torture via physical pain is not your thing. Forget I asked you anything."

He was about to head inside when Katharsys finally replied. "It's not my thing, however, it is quite apparently your thing... and your reaction to it is, well..." he locked eyes with Tik’shâsot, "that would be my thing I suppose..."

Tik made the connection, "Wait. you mean my emotions..."

The man’s black lips curled into a dark smile. "Yes," the zabrak nods, "You  have such an... intense reaction to it...  perhaps because it's new... confusion... and interestingly fear. But not fear like before... this is richer. darker... ”

Tik finishes Katharsys thoughts, "And much more pleasurable?" Tik could feel his lust for that man’s lightning to electrocute him getting stronger.

Katharsys says nothing in reply. He simply takes both of Tik's hands this time, lacing their fingers and palms together. He then builds up a charge again and it travels up both arms, arcing across Tik's shoulders like little violet tendrils licking all through his rain soaked robes. Tik'shaâsot cries out a little as the electricity courses through his body, his veins.

Tik'shasot then realizes some of the lightning was not going to him, instead it was being sent back into Kath. He shouts, "Kath, be careful! The lightening is hitting you a little bit. I want to say we should dry off... but you look so beautiful right now that I just want us to stay here..."

It is then that Katharsys breaks contact, the lightning arcing off into the corners of the platform before sparking and dying, and then he looks at Tik and starts laughing breathlessly.

Tik'shâsot looks at him incredulously. How could the man be laughing, is torture that funny?  Worst of all, it was cut shorter than he wanted. He wanted Katharsys to keep going, he needed to keep going. As he dwelled on those thoughts, he felt a sudden increase in his lust. He wanted more of the zabrak now… He was moving before he could stop himself. He pulls Katharsys to himself in a rough embrace, and looks at the smaller man with such desire in lust, the emotions were dripping from him.  Tik'shâsot asks in a hoarse voice, "What is so amusing? Why did you stop electrocuting me with your beautiful abilities? Stopped touching me with your beautiful skin?"

Katharsys  kept laughing. Tik'shâsot cannot bring himself to be angry. In fact, he cannot bring himself to feel any emotions than what he was feeling toward the Zabrak now. He says in a low and coarse voice, “I cannot stop craving you..."

Katharsys gasped between words: "Oh damn... Tik... what's... wrong with me?!"

Tik’shasot presses his lips against Katharsys’ lightly before saying in response, "Nothing is wrong with you, otherwise I would not crave you so..."

He answers Tik, "You what?!"

Tik’shasot picks up Kath and says, without noticing that the man was just about to pass out against him: "Don't worry Kath, we shall go inside now.”
« Last Edit: 11/14/14, 05:03:29 PM by Crimsen »

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/14/14, 04:56:02 PM »

It would be the last time the recently-anointed Padawan would rest in the Tython Enclave before she moved out to set up herself in a new homestead back on Coruscant. Abethul had come here to collect the last of her goods and speak to a few old friends, before taking her first steps through the opened door of being a Padawan. The last time she'd have the comfort of her mural at her side, the pillow filled with socks to rest on. It was almost too comfortable to rest on, allowing her to lose her sense of self in the myriad of dreamscape with quiet ease.

::

The mists pooled and rolled around at her ankles, a bitter sort of chill filling the air. The large area around her was familiar, it was alluring. The familiarity of the place however, it was... So new. It was the Room of a Thousand Fountains, that much was sure, yet it wasn't destroyed or ransacked as it had been when her and Knight Dassalya had visited. It was as if it had been rebuilt or perhaps never ransacked in the first place.

Her bare feet began to step through the enveloping miasma of cold mist, feeling the dew of wet grass and moss beneath her toes. The wet feeling that became chilling was not afraid to her, it was almost comforting. Cold was not something Abethul Reena feared or spited.

In the foggy and god-rayed distances, Abethul spied a gathering of hooded beings. Jedi, she thought to herself. Her pace picked up, bringing the pajama-wearing Padawan into the fold with the others.

"H-Hey, guys!" This pit in her stomach began to open, as if she'd suddenly lost all of her hope. A bleak and hostile mix of concern resided in that void, now. The others all seemed in discussion. Dassalya's bunned hair was among the group, though it seemed darker given the ambient colours. Aredanus's cropped haircut, his stalwart expression. Master Urso and his almost fatherly look, that knowledgeable expression. All three, quietly talking in a volume Abethul could not detect. Other Jedi lined the distances, some familiar even if occluded by the fogs. Merrant, Purple-Eyes, Telline, Adamantine, Aena.

The group before Abethul paused, turned to face her.

All of them were eyeless, dimples of burnt-out holes replacing what was once sight. Their expressions were malicious, even as passive as they looked at her.

"Guys- Are you okay?" The nirvana of the dreamworld didn't faze the girl. The lack of eyes seemed almost normal. In the foreground, Abethul saw embers taking up the roots of the great trees and gardens. The trees screamed in stunned silence, scoured with pain--Abethul could feel the suffering in her chest. No, the gardens!

Dassalya's feet ushered forward. Met with Aredanus's brisk pace, along with Master Corazon. They all were so close, and did not seem to mind how the beautiful room was being burnt to ashes by unseen forces. "We need to save the gardens! Please, it's suffering! It cannot be burned, it is all we have!" Abethul cried out to the silent and sightless assailants that advanced towards her, culling the juncture of space between her and them.

Pain wracked her suddenly, yet it was dull, as if felt from miles away. Dassalya's hand had stabbed behind her left-sided ribcage, gripping at the beating heart in the Padawan's chest. Though she stood still, not knowing what to do. She felt betrayed, if anything. Aredanus joined in, his hand too, reaching for the heart. Urso joined in, squeezing tight at the vice around her little heart.

The entire garden was consumed in smog and pyres of flame. This dream made no sense. It made no sense. It made NO sense.

::

The girl awoke, eyes wide as she yelped in surprise. Tears settled in her eyelids.

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/14/14, 05:15:20 PM »
Sha'ira launched forward, aiming a hit towards her opponent's arm. The Nautolan was barely able to shield himself from the blunt hit, pushing her away with the Force. Rather that stop her in her track, she jumped towards the aquatic alien again. She had been especially aggressive throughout the training sessions, even more than her usual behavior. Some of the other knights attribute it to her use of Ataru and Juyo,  while others worried for the woman's strange actions. It wasn't that Sha'ira was a bad Jedi... well, not -that- bad. She was just wild and fierce, but always regarded others with kindness, even enemies. The woman desperately attacking the poor Nautolan Knight over and over again. Sweat collected on both combatants, but finally the male Green Knight was able to disarm Sha'ira, who in turn threw him away, disarming him with the sheer surprise of the push.

Thinking the combat was finally over, most of the Knights breath easily. It didn't last, as both fighters went back into combat, using their fists, nails and teeth. It was pure anger between the two, any many could see it easily. Worried for the safety of both, various of their peers went to hold them down. As they separated, an elder female Master ran down to the training mats.

"What is the of this? What is going on?!", Master Lan Se asked worriedly, looking at the almost rabid Knights.

"We don't know! We were training when Sha'ira and Nellar went into a rage. They had been sparring companions for weeks!"

"Take Nellar to the medbay to tend does wounds and have the medical droid give him an anesthetic. I will take care of Sha'ira.", the elder Master said, grabbing Sha'ira by the arm and pulling her away.

Once they were far and alone, Lan Se began shaking the younger woman. "Sha'ira Yrzen! Snap out of it!"

"I.... ah... would... Master... I... am... getting... dizzy!", the brunette woman said between shakes.

Sighing in relief to see her partially recovered, Lan Se brushed softly the dark hair off Sha'ira's face. "Sha'ira, what happened? Even... with... even when you lose yourself to rage, you never do so... in such a bestial way."

Sha'ira glanced down, her mind thinking millions of reasons for her behavior. Finally, she simply hug to the Master, a small shiver coursing through her body. "I... don't know... aunty... But for a few seconds... All I wanted to do was... kill."

Offline TrystanLaryssa

• "Differently Rational"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/14/14, 05:18:56 PM »
Katharsys had been through the entire apartment, looking for Tik’shâsot. The man was not in his right mind… they had just been arguing over his methods of dealing with his tempestuous past, when he had run off. Kath had given him a few minutes, but when he did not return, the Zabrak smelled trouble. Glancing out the window to the storm-washed balcony, Kath thought he could make out a dark form, so he ducked out the balcony door and into the downpour.

As he jogged across the rain-slicked metal, he could hear Tik'shâsot’s voice over the wind. Was he talking to himself? The Sith was looking out over Dromund Kaas, ranting. "I've... it felt so much better than those times I shocked myself... but him! Why him?!"

Katharsys approached carefully, but he wasn’t about to let this one go unanswered. "What are you doing out here?"

Tik'shâsot glanced back, surprised, wiping the rain from his face. "You didn’t have to come all the way out here to find me… I just needed some fresh air."

Katharsys grinned a bit, green eyes upturned to the angry sky, water dripping from his forelocks. "This is your idea of fresh air?”

Tik'shâsot replied quietly, "Rain can be quite calming."

Katharsys laughed quietly at that. A Sith like him seeking calm? Still, Kath had sought the refuge of a good storm on more than one occasion. "Rain... is good on many levels," he answered, realizing on some level he was speaking metaphorically. "It’s not for everybody, I suppose, but when you can truly appreciate the beauty of it, rain is amazing.”

Kath glanced back to Tik‘shasot, and felt an odd impulse. The Sith’s eye seemed to be running along Kath's rain soaked form. Now wait. Wasn’t this the same Sith who felt anyone not of the old blood to be inferior? The one who hated aliens? The irony, the sheer insanity of the thought was amusing to him. However, if it was true, Tik’shâsot said nothing. "It is amazing.” The Sith glanced up to the sky, the stormclouds giving him a convenient place to avert his gaze.

Kath was just too curious, too amused, to give this up… that and he figured an unsettled Tik was a dangerous Tik. “This may be a little strange to ask, but are you alright?"

Tik'shasot turned to look at Katharsys, meeting his gaze intently for a moment. He said simply, "I am not sure if I am alright." He then looked away at the Kaas skyline.

Katharsys replied, "Fair enough, I suppose. I mainly wanted to be certain I didn't injure you. That wasn't my intent. By using my lightning I was hoping to show you a way to regain control of your... outlet, as such.” Not long back, Kath had gotten into a battle of words with Tik, one of several they’d had while Kath was assisting Crimsen. Tik had suggested Kath was somehow lacking in power, as he hadn’t yet struck out at Tik with lightning, and Kath had finished the argument by forcibly reminding him of the fear he’d felt at the hands of his former masters. Since then, Tik’shâsot had been unable to indulge in his customary release of cutting himself.

"You didn't injure me,” the Sith shot back. “Do you have any idea how strong and powerful it felt when it coursed through my veins? It was more pleasurable than when I used my own lightning! Whatever it is you intend to do to me…” his voice dropped to scarcely a whisper, “don't stop.”

Tik may as well have hit Kath with a bolt of lightning. "Wait," he said, eyeing him with a stunned expression, "What are you saying? It has to be me that torments you?” Kath glared a moment, incredulous. “Lightning isn't even my  focus! You can't do this yourself? You used to..."

Tik cut to the point. “What do I have to do to get you to shock me like that again?”

Katharsys fell silent, shivering a little at the question. It was a familiar sort of shiver, one he knew well, and one he knew he did not need at the moment. The idea was not nearly as bizarre and horrifying as it should have been… and that in itself was pretty bizarre.

Tik‘shâsot cut into Katharsys' silence by looking away. "Look. I know torture via physical pain is not your thing. Forget I asked you anything."

After a long, awkward silence, Katharsys finally replied. "It's not my thing, however, it is quite apparently your thing... and your reaction to it is, well..." he locked eyes with Tik’shâsot, "that would be my thing I suppose..." His black lips curled into a dark smile, the reality of what was being said still highly amusing.

Tik'shâsot asked him, surprise evident in his voice, but also a realization, "Wait... you mean my emotional reaction?"

"Yes." Katharsys saw no use in denying it. "You have such an... intense reaction to it.  Perhaps because it's new... desire for the sensation, confusion at its desired source... and, interestingly, a touch of fear. But not fear like before... this is richer. darker... ”

Tik finished the thought. "...And much more pleasurable."

Katharsys, never dropping that gaze, stepped closer to Tik’shâsot, taking both of the Sith’s hands this time, lacing their fingers and palms together. His voice was soft, his tone dark. “Well, you asked for it…” He built up a charge once again, like he had indoors, then releases it, watching as traveled up both arms, arcing across Tik's shoulders, little violet tendrils licking all through his rain soaked robes. Kath could feel a wash of pleasure mixed in with the pain, and couldn’t suppress a smile as the sensation hit, and he felt the confusion, the concern riding on the back of it. Yes. An alien was doing this. Deal with it.

Tik'shâsot cried out a little as the electricity coursed through his body. Kath watched his face as the relief, the pleasure, the intensity made itself evident in his features. The reality of it hit at precisely the same time as the waves of euphoria. Tik was truly reveling in the sensation of being attacked by an alien. With a dark laugh, Kath amped it up again as before, bringing it to levels that should have been painfully searing. He drank in Tik’s reaction like it was a drug. Something about the flow of energy was suddenly just a little more intense. It was almost… too intense?

Tik’shâsot opened his eyes and let them wander over Kath. His voice carried a warning between breaths. “Watch out... The lightning is kicking back a bit. I think the rain is affecting it… we should stop... but…” His tone took on a throatier quality, and the euphoric rush took on a more sensual quality. “...you look so beautiful right now, that I don’t want it to end..."

That did it. Tik’shâsot, claiming Katharsys, the Zabrak alien, was beautiful… between the smug feeling and the shared euphoria, Kath couldn’t help himself, and burst out laughing again. He broke contact, the lightning arcing off into the corners of the platform before sparking and dying, but the odd euphoria kept building…

He felt Tik pull him closer again, and was vaguely aware that the Sith pureblood was now spouting some kind of heady poetry at him. This was too much. His mirth redoubled, and Kath collapsed into Tik’s arms, gasping for breath, his face flushed with laughter.

Katharsys felt his knees going weak, his breath coming short. Tears were streaking down his face, his sides ached, his lungs were on fire for lack of air, and his head felt as if it was about to burst under the pressure. A small, icy dagger began to form in his heart, the realization beginning to dawn on him. This was not right… and he couldn’t stop... He gasped between words, "Oh damn... Tik... what's... wrong with me?!"

In answer, Kath felt Tik's lips brush against his lightly. "Nothing is wrong with you,” the Sith whispered hoarsely. “Otherwise I would not crave you so..."

“You… you what?!” Katharsys took hold of Tik'shâsot once more, laughing hysterically, clinging almost literally for dear life. The euphoria in his head felt amazing, better than anything he'd ever known. The laughter was rushing through him, pouring forth as if it was being ripped from his throat. Yet always there was a nagging feeling, giving it a chilling cast… something was wrong.

The fire in his lungs became a fire in his head… the fire in his head was a rushing in his ears… every nerve screamed overload before falling suddenly silent, and Kath slipped into unconsciousness.

Offline Semah

• Administrator
  • The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11/14/14, 05:23:17 PM »
((RP between Abethul and Censorius, after Abethul's dream.))

The still of evening's air was broken by the most dull of yells, though silence seeped in soon after. Probably some Initiates causing a fuss, treading on toes they should not. After a few minutes later, a pajama-wearing Padawan soared through the doorway into the night's clear, Tythonian sky. The Mirialan looked positively distraught, immediately veering towards some of the potted plants in hopes that they would somehow instill calm.

Censorius was taking advantage of his time on Tython by sitting on a bench in the garden, reading a datapad. Sitting ramrod straight as he does so, he occasionally moved an unflavored soya wafer into his mouth. The man mechanically finished chewing a wafer, then got to his feet. He regarded the disturbance carefully, frowning slightly. He called out: "What is the cause of this disturbance?" As he approached the plants, he recognized the girl. "You are initiate Abethul, are you not? You have been prone to emotional outbursts in the past. Please refrain from doing so in the future."

"Padawan Reena," She huffed, looking up at the stalwart Jedi. She looked as if clenching her gut, perhaps ready to spew. Or in immense pain, either-or. "We need to get to the Temple," The girl huffed, attempting to right her posture. "We need to save the gardens."

The man frowned more deeply, taking in the girl's pained expression. "Padawan? My congratulations." He stepped forward, eyes glittering. Something was off, something that even he could recognize as more than mere juvenile flightiness. Could it be the taint of the dark side, even here? Surely it could be. He had seen the other Jedi---flirting, kissing, sneaking off into the supply closets when they thought master Farworlder wasn't looking. Weakness and pride had infected this enclave, to be sure. Had it infected this girl as well?

The surface was an easily read thing. She was not quite tainted, there was still a purity to her soul and essence. The girl wanted only to do right by everyone; nothing ill had taken root. Deeper however, a storm brewed in her. Her emotions were flared, though at an extreme that seemed odd. People don't normally lash out like this randomly, right?

"They," Her voice was without even tone, it was shaken at best. "They're burning it all down. The Jedi are destroying it," Her hand felt around her waistline for an unseen saber, as if ready to go to crusade in her pajamas.

The man took another step forward, covering his scowl with a faint imitation of a smile: his mouth moved, but his eyes were unchanged. "Burning them down, padawan? Here? On Tython? Tell me what you have seen." He knew that even a child's bad dream could be significant, if that child were a Jedi; all avenues had to be explored in the search for darkness.

"On Coruscant," She corrected, seeming to have regained her breath. "The Room of a Thousand Fountains - they're torching it. I saw it, and I don't understand. I don't understand! Why?" Abethul almost seemed to pose the question at Censorius himself.

"Standard procedure holds that you report this to your master, padawan; they must decide whether your claims are credible. We may look for them, if you wish? But I do not understand why the Jedi would destroy the ten-thousand fountains." He was within an arm's length of Abethul now, still holding the false smile. Abethul could sense no emotion from him whatsoever: life, yes, but no personality within the shell.

"She was one of them, though! Dassalya," The girl reached at her chest and began to feel around where her heart would lay, as if searching for something missing. "She-... No, you can't tell her. Please, don't-..." Abethul paused for a few moments, finding her chest very intact. "Sir, I'm afraid. There is no emotion, there is peace - but I still fear."

"Dassalya?" The frown returned for a moment. He had heard of this Knight, felt the tendrils of lust and attachment that her presence provoked. Not one to trust, but rather one to protect a child such as this from. "There is no emotion," he agreed. "Let us consider the matter, padawan. Assume that your master is corrupt or untrustworthy, fallen or falling. What is your course of action?"

There was a part of her that began to question the authenticity of this vision. Dassalya wouldn't burn the gardens, would she? "I would have to... I would need to address the Council." Urso was one of the people in that vision, too. She could not trust him until this matter was resolved.

"Without proof? I am afraid that would not serve your own interests, or those of the Force. Guile, padawan, and keen observation. If the garden is burning as we speak, it is too late to do else but gather evidence. If the garden has yet to burn, there is time to reflect and observe." The plastic smile returns. "May I suggest finding someone whom you trust---who has more experience with this den of iniquity than I do---and asking their council? There is also the possibility that it was only a dream."

A thought tempted her, there. Knight Xian'do was a calm and rational sort, though her familiarity with the Enclave was not as attuned. Perhaps she could ask her about it. "Some dreams end up being things that happen, and alot are just... Well, dreams. This one felt so..." Her lips parted as if to form an unseen word. "Real? No. It felt... Hnn." The word was not there.

"Visions are often difficult to interpret, padawan. They may tell us things about ourselves as much as about the outside world. You have recently taken a master, taken your first step into a larger, more responsible world. It is only natural---" His lip twitches ever so slightly. "---that you should feel fear, uncertainty. This garden, you have been there before?"

"Both of us have visited once, following a reoccurring vision I've had. It was... A mess of vines and overgrowth and neglect, but it still existed." /Wait a moment./ "... When I saw it just now, it was built up. Large trees, flowing fountains, mists."

"Then it was not the garden as you know it now? A different garden: the future or the past, or a metaphor for something else." Vines and overgrowth, he thought, what a suitable way to express this corrupt order.

The girl allowed a long and hardy exhale to pass through her nose, feeling as the jigsaw of things fell into place. She'd been hyped up over a small nightmare. Not something that usually happens--Perhaps the Force was whispering to her something curious. "I'm sorry for the interruption, Knight... Sir." His name was not familiar to her.

He looks down at the girl and bows slightly, mechanically, from the neck. "I am---" That twitch again. "---pleased that you came to me, in spite of the disturbance. It was refreshing."

"I should get some rest before I go back to Coruscant. I hope to see you around some time, sir." Her head craned in the very same manner that the man had bowed, as if to mirror.

"Indeed?" He frowns again, as if not sure what to say. People were rarely glad to see him in any circumstance. But the girl was young, and might yet learn wisdom. "And I, you."

Abethul turned over on her heel to return. Pajamas and Tythonian weather never really mixed well.
« Last Edit: 11/14/14, 05:49:33 PM by Semah »

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/14/14, 05:32:05 PM »
There is a disturbance in the dark of space, a smudge, a ripple... The Clawsmith emerges from hyperspace, hurtling toward the planet Tatooine. It flies wildly, turning and rocking as if un-piloted, or malfunctioning. A nearby orbital station picks up the freighter's signal.

"This Republic Orbital Station Besh-92 hailing the the Clawsmith. Your trajectory is highly irregular. Please respond."

The ship continues to gyrate, heading for Tatooine's atmosphere.

"I repeat, Clawsmith, please respond. Your trajectory is highly irregular."

"Without a response, we will be forced to engage in protective maneuvers."

Suddenly, the ship rights itself, rocketing into a low orbit over Tatooine. It spins slowly over its long axis, the plates on its nose glowing warm from its partial entry into the higher layers of atmosphere.

Sounds of sobbing echo over the comms. Crackles. Sobs. Static. "...zzzt.... so sorry... I shouldn't have shot... zzzzt... why?... Why?!... zzzt..."

"Clawsmith, please repeat? (Disengage the autoturrets...)"

"... zzzt... sorry... This is Cap'n Foha of The Clawsmith... zzzt... *sobs* ... I have the permits of residence... Request permission to ... zzzt... permission to land."

A moment passes. The ship continues to drift in orbit, spinning slowly but freely.

"Your credentials are acceptable, Captain Foha. The Clawsmith is cleared to land. Automatic defense systems have been powered down. Forgive us for the caution, but it appeared that the pilot was going to crash the ship onto the planet's surface."

Another pause. "...zzzt...I was..."

"Please repeat?"

Sobs. "...I was... but I won't anymore..."

"Captain Foha, am I to understand-"

Laughter. "...zzzt... Don't worry... Don't worry! It's passed... zzzt... I have to find out about 372... What is 372?"

Righting itself, The Clawsmith dips into the Tatooine atmosphere, bright against the distant twin suns.

((This post is not a second entry, but the publication of a clue. Only one entry per entrant is allowed.))
« Last Edit: 11/14/14, 05:48:19 PM by Esk »

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11/14/14, 06:47:04 PM »
((Clue post!))

Sha'ira paced around, wishing her companions would -just hurry up-. She had been waiting for almost forty minutes. She detested waiting. Finally tired of the color of the wall, she left a note and walked out. It was already dark, and the few stars that could be seen were dimmed for some reason. As the night wind blew her long hair softly, a strange feeling overcame the young Green Jedi, but still she kept walking towards the Crystal Caves of Dantooine. She simply needed to check the kinraths, make sure they were not overrunning the caverns.

With the howls of the kath hounds behind her, she enter the first cavern, walking with that weird feeling following her closely. There wasn't much to do in the cave, but she felt compelled to walk deeper through the maze of naturals walls. As she walked inside one of the many tunnels, her eyes opened lightly. She wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the tunnel.

"Who... are you?"

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/14/14, 07:05:23 PM »
Dasslaya sat cross-legged, eyes closed in meditation on the balcony of the Custodum Enclave. It was done. There was no going back. Abethul Reena had become her Padawan learner.

The thought filled her with equal parts anxiety and satisfaction. Abethul would one day make a fine Jedi, she was sure of it. She was kind, compassionate, and dedicated to her studies. She needed only the chance to grow into the woman she was already on the path to become.

If you do not ruin her.

Dassalya banished the thought. It served no purpose but to undermine her composure and resolve. Her first Padawan had been a respectable member of the Order in the brief time between his Knighting and his death on Corellia. There had been nothing to indicate that any weakness she bore had been passed on to him. So it would be with Abethul. For Abethul, and for herself, she would become a better Jedi.

A better Jedi.

Come now, Master. We both know the truth. You will never be a better Jedi. Why fight against it? Embrace what you desire, and you can have me back. Katris, her last Padawan, voice distorted by the Dark Side spirit within her, grinning through the force field separating them. An old ache bloomed within Dassalya’s chest. Katris. Katris she had failed. Katris she had abandoned when she most needed her master.

I am sorry.

She took in a deep breath and let it out, trying to relinquish the regret and the sorrow. There is no emotion, there is peace. But the ache did not subside. It grew within her heart like a new-made wound, and from it poured liquid pain and remorse.

You failed them. You failed them all. Anwar, dead. Kamali, dead. Katris… would that she were dead. It would be a kinder fate.

Her breath caught in her throat. A piece of her railed against the feelings within her—this wasn’t right, this wasn’t how a Jedi should be—but the sorrow was too strong.  She opened her eyes, turning her gaze to the evening clouds, pink and orange with the sun’s fading light. “There… is no emotion…” But there was emotion. It welled up inside her, torrential,  tumultuous, and broke free of herself in a heartbroken sob. She blinked, a piece of her startled by it. Her vision blurred.

We miss you. Her brother, Tamminick. Jarulee’s baby is almost two months old now. Can’t you come visit her? She should meet her aunt.

“I can’t…!” Dassalya slowly bowed her head, her body wracked by sobs and shudders. She struggled desperately for some semblance of control, some semblance of calm. Her mind grasped at half remembered lessons passed down to her by her own master.

You fail your Padawans, the thought came again. You fail your family. Is there anything you touch that you do not destroy? Think of Merrant. He came here for help, and you are ruining him.

“S-stop it.” She put her face in her hands. Her cheeks were slick with tears. “S-s-stop thinking…”

It would be better if you never existed.

The thought gave her pause.

You couldn’t harm them if you weren’t alive. You couldn’t hurt anyone else.

She looked back up at the sky. The sun was waning. Soon it would be gone, but it was beautiful now. If she went, she could look up at the sky and have that beauty fixed as the last image in her mind. Slowly, she stood.

It would be better if you were dead.

She found herself walking towards the edge of the balcony. A piece of her screamed inside, clinging to life, clinging to hope, but its struggle was ineffectual.

It hurt too much. It was better this way. She climbed up the steps to the speeder pad. The wind caught her robes. Jedi robes. Robes she didn’t deserve to wear. She slipped the outer layer off her shoulders, letting it fall, crumpled, to the ground. She approached the end of speeder pad. Her toes poked out over the edge. It was a long way down. She could see all the places where she might hit as she tumbled to her death.

Just like jumping from the cliff into the water as a child. Except this time, she wouldn’t climb onto the beach and up the slope to jump again.

She lifted one foot to step into the air.
« Last Edit: 11/14/14, 07:10:20 PM by Dassalya »
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11/14/14, 09:44:32 PM »
The morning was bright, filled with the bright glorious light of the Coruscani day. It never failed to escape him how one of the most populated planets in the galaxy was so... relatively clean enough to see such a fine morning. At least, until today.

His head throbbed.

The Custodum Enclave was host to many kinds of Jedi, all with their individual tastes in the Jedi Path but to him -- a Zeltron, and a Force Empath, the thing that he felt most within its halls was frustration. From his Padawan, Merrant, who struggled with his own past and was unforgiving to himself for having emotions, to having to bare with Telline and her cold indignant belief in the righteousness of a singular non-existent path that somehow applied to every single Jedi that never was, right down to Padawan Aredanus who had the gall to claim that a healer wasn't healing right or that an instructor wasn't teaching well or even that Jedi weren't being Jedi. As if he could relate!

No.

Mornings such as this were usually a welcome reprieve. As he stood, watching the initiates practice with training sabers he couldn't help but feel a little relieved, sensing their bright inquisitive minds hungry for knowledge, their wonder at all the things they were taught and even the odd desire to pull a prank on some of the stiffer elements within the order. It was child-like, innocent. Pure. They would one day be fine Jedi. But today they were initiates -- students in the force and he? Well... he was quite fortunate to be their instructor. Nieran usually welcomed times such as this... young minds were simpler and a welcome change from the norm but ever since he'd got into the temple this morning, he felt... wrong.

There was no other word that could aptly describe it. This pressure in the air, the thickness despite the crisp coolness of the room. Twice, he'd checked if the thermostat was properly working for the room, twice he'd made certain that it was. It reminded him of the time he and the other Jedi went to the Dark Nexus on Nar Shaddaa. Holding the many minds of others and trying to keep it in one piece while balancing their individual psyches fraught with dark emotion.

"No!" came a voice, "That's not a point of contact! I won!" it came again, snapping him from his trance. He looked, as did the other initiates as a young human initiate was battering his sparring partner's guard, forcing his friend to his knee. Lias and Rhu, two good friends whom he had never before seen disagree on anything. He had to say something. "Uh hey, there's no nee-" "NO! You cheated, Rhu! I WON! I WON! I WON!" he repeated, over and over as Rhu struggled to stay standing.

Then it came.

He wasn't sure why he didn't feel it up until now... all this time, he'd thought it was something wrong with him. But he was wrong. This was no spar. The young pure mind of Lias was awash in unrelenting rage. In frustration. Anger, pride, betrayal. Bitterness, resentment, fear. It was out of control... by the moment, more and more piled on, the panic was building in the room. The uncertainty, the dread.

"I WON'T LOSE! I WON'T! I WON'T LOSE TO Y-ack"

Lias dropped to the floor, as Nieran bowled him over and pinned him down. The panic and surprise building, roiling on itself as comprehension of what was happening disappeared from the young human's eyes. Knight Nieran turned his head and pushed through the haze of darker impulses as his hand stretched out towards his pack by the door. The medkit flew from its khaki pocket and into his hand -- his fingers throwing it to the ground as he pulled the lid off a hypo with his teeth and pushed it into the youngling's wrist.

The haze slowly lifted as consciousness left him, the clarity left him euphoric, exhausted. But relieved. The calm he felt was transmitted through the rest of the room as his pheromones often did.

He gasped as he turned his eyes to Rhu -- a poor young twi'lek, rubbing her eyes to keep her from bawling. It wasn't working. "Knigth Nierenth?" she asked, her lisp playing in as her lips trembled. "Whath I do thwong? We were juth pwactithin and I-he..."

She couldn't say anymore. He knew it. Shock is what he felt most from her. He knew what she wanted to do -- to run into another room and bawl her heart out without her fellow initiates -- her friends looking at her. How she feared they must have thought less of her.

Oh, child...

"Rhu." he said soothingly. His voice was even... he'd always been that person to many others. That center of calm when it was needed most. It was no different now, not as the responsible instructor in a room full of young initiates. "Rhu." he said again as she made an incoherent noise as his heart bled with her tears. "Rhu. Lias is sick, he needs help. I need you to go get the medical droid, okay Rhu?" he asked softly.

She wasted no time. Running out almost immediately, he knew she'd do as he asked. Being an instructor sometimes meant being their parent. In the absence of one, it wasn't coddling that they needed... it was faith. Faith that they, no matter how bad the situation, were still Jedi and could do what was needed of them no matter how they felt.

But as her rapid footfalls disappeared, he looked down to the Lias. His face was blank beneath the forced sedation. The surprise was still clear in the other initiates' emotions... but they couldn't understand what he felt.

That sudden onslaught in emotions was... violent.

The thought surfaced as the words formed in his mind.

What was that?
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/15/14, 12:08:03 AM »
All this time, it...

Shaking. Burning. Mouth dry.

... and she let me believe otherwise.

Hands slid, trembling, into his hair, streaking the heated sweat through it. He leaned forward over his knees and pressed his brow to the cool metal floor, eyes falling closed as he struggled to gain composure, to hold on to one strand of thought before it slipped back into the myriad of racing anger and despair.

An hour ago now, it had hit him hard- latched a hold and dragged him under. Try as he might, he couldn't push the images from his mind – not the severed head falling into his lap, not the red smirking face, not the lie that glimmered in Xian's malachite eyes all those years ago – the memories biting, fresh, as though the past had rushed forth and become merely yesterday.

And she let me believe otherwise.

/He lent himself well to the lesson. You should honour your Master his fall./

“Shut up,” Reithan moaned, sliding his hands over his face. “Leave me be,”

/Fought well. Died in vain. As so many of his kind do... though you and I are different./

“LEAVE ME BE!” His voice hit the walls and bounced, hoarse from lack of use. He leaned back up onto his haunches, armed pinned against his head, as though the pressure would force it to clear, force the thoughts and memories and blood and sheer despair away.

“Haven't you done enough?!” He cried, to no one.

/Oh, my boy. What I have done? What you have done./

He kneaded his trembling lips together.

/Yes.. you know, don't you? That he suffered only because of you./

He shook his head.

/She knew as well. You saw it in her eyes, as you do now. She resented you for it. And all these years.../

Slowly, he looked up.

“... she said nothing.” He finished, for the Sith Lord's own venomous word.

“Reithan, please,” Xian'do begged quietly, her voice soft as she clutched at the shirts of the tiny initiate hiding behind her legs. “Please, let us just sit-”

The Jedi's hand flung out – the two nearest chairs skidded noisily across the floor, smacking against the wall as answer. The initiate clung faster.

“Let us not.”

“I understand,” the woman continued, slowly, taking a subtle step back, whilst the small Togruta peered fearfully from around her layered robes, “you are upset. But you must calm your--”

“CALM MYSELF?!” Reithan roared, as though daring her to continue.

“Yes,” she reiterated, her eyes not leaving him as another item of furniture sailed past them. The Force clenched in the room, hot, biting, scathing as he was. Her heart raced ,whilst she looked upon him. This was not right. It was not... normal.

“Look at you. You're terrified of me,” he spat, shaking his head, voice thick with disgust and hurt as he dragged the hilt of his right-hand sabre up from his belt, “you always have been, haven't you? You've always hated me since that day. You've always... you...” the next words choked out, as hot tears began to slide down his pale face, and over the old white scars, “Yhana never saw the monster in me. But you always did... didn't you? You knew that nothing good could come of training me.”

“Do not put words in my mouth, no matter your paranoia,” Xian cautioned.

“You were right though.” The despair clung heavy to his words, as they tumbled out of him clumsily now, tiredly. So tired, so much pain, anger, melancholy. Her heart would have gone out for him then – did Reithan not raised his free hand, grip the Force tightly around her neck, and squeeze.

“Stop talking.” he urged, almost childishly.

At this, the initiate ran, past them both, for the doorway. He paid her no mind.

“R...Re--...”

“You blamed me for Yhana's death,” Reithan pressed on, taking a slow step forward as he strangled his former master, her form rigid against the room, his fingers grasping the Force like a noose... though she made no move to defend or free herself. Her eyes stayed locked to his, wide, full of apprehension and regret. “You turned Miller against me. You made me fear myself... Though you were right to do all of it. Don't worry,” his tone took a bitter edge, “I know that.”

The distraught Jedi raised his sabre – not the one Silooni (another who had paid dearly for knowing him) had fashioned, but his own offhand blade. It seemed fitting – the crystal had been Yhana's, something he had taken from the pyre before the Masters performing the rites had set it alight. It seemed fitting... he did not point it at Xian, who's chest heaved and hands scrabbled at thin air in desperation for it. He pressed the mouth of the hilt against the side of his neck, right beneath his jawline, digging it deep into the scar tissue. She gave a small, fearful shake of her head. It seemed only fitting.

“I am a monster, you are a bad Master,” His finger slid up the shaft, placed delicately over the button, as he gazed across at his choking Master, mournfully, tears still streaming down his face from eyes red and raw,

“and we'll die together for it.”

"Wellwishes: Goodnight, Master!"

The stun shot knocked him senseless, and he crumpled on the floor. The HK-51 unit stepped carefully over his body as Xian'Do collapsed to her knees, finally released - the droid's sensors scanned over Reithan's fallen form with streaks of orange and blue light, his photoreceptors shining bright in the early evening gloom.

"Statement: Upon detection of extremely elevated levels of stress and mental wavelength interference, why, I saw it only fitting to incapacitate my Master, as per his own instruction." He looked across to the Mirialan, who still caught her breath, "I believe that transfers my ownership temporarily to you, vomit-green organic."

"Restrain him," Xian rasped, as she massaged her throat. "Something is not right."

"Query: Shall I shoot first? or maybe a Skyfallen Barbecue-"

"Restrain him," she reiterated, "you are an assassin droid, procure some Force-cuffs. He is not the first to be afflicted tonight, and I doubt he is the last..."

"Affirmation: Yes, Temporary Master. I will go get those." he trundled out, with a shrug of his great, war-painted shoulders.

After the droid's footsteps had clunked into obscurity down the hall, Xian'do rose, moved to Reithan's side and knelt again. She brushed her fingertips like a whisper through his hair, catching tears against them. She sighed.

"You cannot catch a break, can you?"
« Last Edit: 11/15/14, 04:22:58 AM by Aolanni »
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

v id="footer_section">