• Signed up (3/16):
    # Status Name
    1.UnconfirmedKezie
    dps (A'dasa)
    2.UnconfirmedCordae
    Tank (Ricker, Eszrah), Healer (Oan)
    3.UnconfirmedBolas
    Healer

Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: BC Republic Ops  (Read 5381 times)

Bolas

BC Republic Ops
« on: 06/18/15, 12:55:03 AM »
BC.org Republic Operations

Current Operation: Karagga's Palace (Story Mode)

Location: The entrance to the Operation is located on the fleet. From the main Carrick Station roundabout, go to "Mission Departures", select "Interfleet Transport", go to the Gav Daragon, go to the elevator and select "Gav Daragon Mission Deck", then to the "Hutta Operations Hangar".

Given the interest in Operations displayed in other threads, we're starting up an organized Republic Operations Group! The intent is for this group to meet weekly on Sundays at 6pm server time. We're starting small and easy, to try and ramp things up: the group will start by going through the original content. This is both to help folks get used to raids who might not be, but also to give folks who are simply looking to see the story of these Operations a chance.

Almost all previous-tier operations are easy-peasy to complete by anyone who's finished the Shadow of Revan expansion, and so the first couple will be really basic and probably eye-roll worthy to some folks. That's okay. This group will catch up fairly quickly to current (or at least something challenging) content for comms benefits and progression, but not to start off.

What We'll Need

We need at least 8 people to show up. Without 8 people, it's a no fly game, and we'll likely split off to do a Hard Mode Flashpoint or something similar. If enough people show up, we'll march into 16-man mode.

While everyone will be able to look sideways at most of the early stuff and it will die, we will still be exercising the need for 2 Tanks and 2 Healers when doing the early content, since part of the point is to help folks learn for the real deal.

Please indicate your role in the sign-up above. INCLUDE YOUR ROLE IN THE COMMENT FIELD.

What You’ll Need

If you've finished Shadow of Revan, you're laughably overgeared for quite a few of the first ops this group will run. If you're level 60 but haven't done Shadow of Revan - you're STILL laughably overgeared for the content. If you're level 55 and wearing nothing but a pink tutu... Chances are you're still overgeared, but we'll carry you through. Point is, gear is probably not a concern.

We are also requesting that those whom participate access the Begeren Colony Raidcall. This helps us communicate and ensures that the raid runs smoothly. You don't need to have a mic (though obviously it helps), you just need to be able to listen. Most of the explanation of fights and mechanics and a lot of how-to tips will be available there.

Is This For Me?

The short answer is "yes"!

These operations groups have four main goals:
  • To have fun playing the game with our friends *
  • To acquire decorations from operations
  • To give people who are interested in the stories behind an operation a chance to actually see them
  • To build a BC.org raiding group that is able to participate in current content

If you're curious about your class, want to see some end-game stories without the stress of messing up the operation, or just want to help your friends have a bit of fun while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, these operations groups are for you!

* In the interest of facilitating newer PVEers, if you're CRAZY geared or already bored with old content, bear with us. Come anyway to help out those less experienced. Know we will be getting there.
« Last Edit: 07/06/15, 04:25:24 PM by Bolas »

Offline kitaree

• View Profile
Re: BC Republic Ops
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/15, 04:26:42 AM »
Isn't that an EC screenshot? ;)

Bolas

« Reply #2 on: 06/18/15, 04:48:37 AM »
Isn't that an EC screenshot? ;)

It is. Wasn't trying to be specific, just snagging a pic. Probably will end up modifying the original post to be a little more Operation-neutral, so we can reuse the post rather than having to post a bunch of new ones...

Oh well. Work in progress.

Bolas

« Reply #3 on: 06/29/15, 10:32:20 AM »
Trying at EV one last time - it was a silly pushover even with as shortstaffed as we were, only thing we'll need to emphasize is having a 60-geared healer (The floor drops during SOA were all that stopped us).

Would like to move onto the other Ops next week!

Bolas

« Reply #4 on: 07/04/15, 06:08:54 PM »
The holiday might show us the slip with less people, but luckily, so long as he have the healer portion filled, we should still be good to go. Hell, EV is soloable save for the last boss.

Offline Nightmoon

• Parts Donor
  • Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter. -Y
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/05/15, 06:26:19 PM »
I think I missed this one, but would love to see some of the rest of the game. All my characters are geared healers. Hopefully, I can catch the next one.
The NightMoon Legacy:
Republic Characters:Trader, Reesu, Wild-card
Empire Characters: Darque, Jhet, Violensa

Offline Cordae

• "Gird your souls with the armor of contempt..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/05/15, 06:55:41 PM »
Nifty EV puzzle boss solver macro!

http://www.buslei.com/swtor/tools/pylon.html

Bolas

« Reply #7 on: 07/06/15, 04:27:29 PM »
We managed to stomp all over SOA's face a bit, so next up is Karagga's.

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07/10/15, 06:07:39 PM »
Miscalculated the date exchange from PST to AEST; I won't be able to attend. Uni goes all day for me on (your) Sunday.  :cry:

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07/10/15, 08:18:45 PM »
I have a lot of work to get through - but I'll be at the next one!
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07/12/15, 09:22:37 AM »
I only have Imazi who is healing spec available. If I am able to be in game for 6pm I can try checking to see if there is still room in the group and try to tag along. I've never really done an Op before though.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/12/15, 10:01:09 AM »
If I'm around, I'll fill any roles that are needed.
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

its" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank" class="new_win">SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2