Shoutbox

Author Topic: Insignias  (Read 18517 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Insignias
« on: 05/29/16, 04:17:54 PM »
I like to make insignias and emblems and such for guilds or organizations that i'm involved with. I wouldn't say i'm any good at it but I still feel like sharing some of them anyway.

Excuse the horizontally challenged formatting, I am bad with bbcode.

The Mark of Darth Vaal

12th Imperial Assault Wing

27th Imperial Airborne Division

Imperial Paladin Corps

I'd love to see more if anyone else has made some for their guild/organization/character.
« Last Edit: 07/18/17, 12:35:50 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
Re: Insignias
« Reply #1 on: 05/29/16, 07:12:41 PM »
I did a few rough mock-ups for the Imperial Marines way back when.

(Not sure why it's off-center, but, whatever. The Sword and Stars of the IMC - analogous to the eagle and globe)

(1st Imperial Marine Division. Inspiration shamelessly ripped from the USMC's 1st Marine Division)

(Unfinished mock-up of the Navy Special Recon Commandos, droptroopers)

As you can tell, my graphic design skills are exceptional.

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Wandering Warrior
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/29/16, 07:55:28 PM »
Those look really good for just mockups. Mine are always incredibly boring/bland or just bad, and I go through several of those before reaching the final version.

I also made this right after KOTFE came out, since the Alliance emblem is actually pretty nice. It's 1600x1600 full size.

For reference, here it is in-game.

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/29/16, 08:06:48 PM »
I think they're nice, @SquigglyV . I keep meaning to make an insignia for Irmenu within the Valefor, but for now I just use the House Alde flags >.>
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/29/16, 09:27:49 PM »
You should check out Revanite flags too. They're sexy and work really well for Imperial-aligned factions.

If only we could use our own emblems in-game.

Offline Liquidis

• Totally not Liquid Snake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/29/16, 11:22:27 PM »
Gahh! I wish I had a little thing to make emblems.. I have to many in mind. x.x

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/29/16, 11:39:05 PM »
My (very) humble submissions.

The Imperial Trade & Communications Bureau logo I made in a suitably bureaucratic grey. I picture it being used on

Logo for Sevellis Resource Management, a big ole mining/processing firm responsible for Atavia's wealth. The white parts of the logo/rectangle bit are SRM in aurebesh and the orange orb is meant to represent the gas giant Vortic 5 where their operations are based.

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/30/16, 12:23:19 AM »
Wish I could make logos and insignias... I'd love to have one made for a family crest/seal.... Great job people! :grin:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/30/16, 01:21:54 PM »
WTB Logo for Sith Inquisition, good prices, pardon of 1 month*,date with Ryshias to set up design**, may offer items in return.

*: Murder, sacking, betrayal, sedition, public destruction, theft of Imperial property, trespassing of secret buildings, using Acina's throne for ERP are not included
**: May or may not end in someone's bed.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/01/16, 11:59:55 AM »
Here are the first two I did for SWTOR, both for my pub guild. I made the bottom one about two years ago, and the top one was a couple months later.

13th Republic Airborne Division, "Tansarii Point Garrison"

Original version

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/02/16, 02:14:36 AM »
Those are really cool Squiggly!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/14/16, 12:32:15 PM »
I have another emblem tho! This one is the sigil of Darth Vaal's AI companion/advisor, ETI. Although she usually shows up as a big blue sphere anyway, because she's the laziest AI ever. Even though it's like the simplest symbol ever.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/16/16, 01:46:18 PM »
So this amazingness you all do... how do you do it? :P IC I started a new Imperial military unit, Imperial Wild Space Command and rather than use the standard Sith Empire logo I was interested into looking into making a custom insignia.  In RL military and law enforcement, joint task forces often make unique patches that incorporate symbolism specific to their unique mission and display the insignias of all the organizations that comprised it.  For IWSC, I was thinking a patch in the shape of a Sith Empire logo with the insignias of the Sith Empire, Chiss Ascendancy and Mandalorians with 'Imperial Wild Space Command' displayed in aurebesh with the unit motto "Ending Eternity."

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07/16/16, 06:59:51 PM »
@Nicohlas Do you have an example of a CJTF insignia like that? I can't find one with all the countries/units on its patch, just symbolism related to their target or purpose.

On a semi-related note, here are two Zakuulan insignias. The left one is everywhere, on banners and drop pods and in the spire and on some ships and on a few decorations. The right one is on their dropships, so maybe it's for the Knights of Zakuul in particular.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07/16/16, 07:10:04 PM »
CJTF? Okay so you were clearly in military/law enforcement. Who were you with/when/where? I don't have an example, I was just typing 'task force patch' into Google Images but you seem to have a pretty clear idea of what I'm talking about. Very cool Zakuulan symbols, btw. I was thinking something like that *may* be appropriate on the IWSC insignia but then again it's named such to deflect from its mission to combat the Eternal Empire.

;">