Shoutbox

Author Topic: Artwork by Mei'li  (Read 10108 times)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Artwork by Mei'li
« on: 03/29/17, 08:37:25 PM »
Just discovered there's a place to share my art! OMG!!  :whee:

Here are three thingies I made for my character Mei'li.

I'll be posting more as I make them XD

-Mei
« Last Edit: 07/25/17, 06:53:43 PM by Mei »
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
Re: Artwork by Mei'li
« Reply #1 on: 03/31/17, 10:55:21 PM »
I may have a few requests for Larhr now...
"Mess with my family, expect a war. One you will lose. My family is the most important thing in my life. We may not be blood related, but my love for them will carry me on through my life. You best start running now. Because when you do run, I won't give you much of a headstart."
-Larhr Bail

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/01/17, 12:25:12 AM »
Glad you like my work LarhrNaor. I'm just getting back into doing art again.

And here is a new one!  :whee:

« Last Edit: 07/25/17, 06:54:18 PM by Mei »

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/08/17, 10:21:26 PM »
"Into The Void" has to be one of my favorite chapters of KoTET.  :aww: So epically creepy!

« Last Edit: 07/25/17, 06:55:00 PM by Mei »

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/04/17, 09:11:51 PM »
It's a clear sign I need sleep when I start making ads........... This is for my newest arrival on the BC server, Ekaterina Koshkova, a ballerina at the (soon to be making a SH listing for) The Imperial Theatre (and the Koshkov School of Arts). If interested, I've got a work in progress going for her on the HoloNet-Wiki :grin:

Text reads: "Experience the art music and dance of the Koshkov School of Arts"

And yes... this one below is like an article you might find in a teen magazine highlighting a dancer.

Text reads: "DANCE IN THE CITY: MEET KATIA KOSHKOVA
Meet KATIA KOSHKOVA, a rising star in the world of dance. Katia, as her friends call her, grew up on Alderaan and has seen the galaxy. Born into the world of performing arts, Katia has followed in her parents foot steps. Her father, Sergei Kovshkov, was a well known dancer in his youth. Her mother, Elisabeta Koshkova, is a famous novelist.
Katia studies at her father’s academy, THE KOSHKOV SCHOOL OF ARTS, located in the heart of the Entertainment Disctrict on Coruscant.
Though dance is young Katia’s passion, she also enjoys fashion, music, acting and the occasional chocolate cake!"

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/04/17, 09:31:06 PM »
So awesome!!  We've had a few players make Ads for Dancer's Palace over the years and Stell even made one or two herself!!

Love stuff like this!!  Too bad Karmic doesn't sing publicly anymore...  (and hardly anyone knows she's trained - only a chosen few).

I don't know if that's very "Sithy" LOL.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/05/17, 03:29:39 AM »
Love stuff like this!!  Too bad Karmic doesn't sing publicly anymore...  (and hardly anyone knows she's trained - only a chosen few).

@Karmic used to sing?!! Would this be something a young artist would know??!! LOL I just might have to bring Katie out to DP tonight! (omg, I've technically never RPed her before-- she changed slightly from when I had her on EH--oh nerves!)

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/05/17, 11:06:10 AM »

@Karmic used to sing?!! Would this be something a young artist would know??!! LOL I just might have to bring Katie out to DP tonight! (omg, I've technically never RPed her before-- she changed slightly from when I had her on EH--oh nerves!)

Mmm probably not - but if you come up with a semi-logical way they would I'd be happy to allow it! LOL.

She spent 10-15 years of her early life (pre-Sith) as a slave of a huge mining corporation run by an old Sith.  He threw big hobnobbing parties for all sorts and kept a "Women's Wing" of female pleasure slaves to be hostesses and entertainers and dates...etc.  However, because he was a big to do and wanted to impress bigwigs his female pleasure slaves weren't just used for sex - they also were trained (much like a Geisha idea) for socializing/conversation/manners, dancing, singing, masseuse etc. 

She refers to this time period as her "early training" (instead of saying pleasure slave..lol), as she believes it prepared her in multiple ways to become a better Sith.

So while she was trained to sing (she's not an opera singer more like Streisand or Midler - musical level- alto/mezzo-soprano :)) she only ever sang at the parties when she was a slave.  She wasn't a recording artist or public performer outside of those parties at that Sith's Manse/Compound :).

Since her freedom, she only sings for those she *chooses* to sing to.  And so far, the only people who have heard her sing are a *few* of the men she's loved and one or two friends. 

I actually *almost* had her sing at Min and Seb's wedding (though they didn't know that LOL) and then decided not to fool with it - but that's sort of "level of friend" you have to be before she would sing for you. 

Of course, she's never had anyone ask her if she sang or anything so I've never had to RP that decision out LOL.

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/05/17, 11:26:15 AM »
Hmm... Yeah, I don't think Katia would know of Karmic then. Her family deeply opposes slavery and she primarily grew up in the Republic, however her family has no real loyalty to either the Republic or the Empire. She has done performances for both equally, so might be know to anyone who follows the performing arts (dance being her main leap to 'fame'). She's sort of a "rising star". I like to think her singing is similar to Sarah Brightman, but could also pull off more modern type style (Alicia Keys or something lol).

But whatever may be, Katia's going to appear at DP tonight!!

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/05/17, 12:48:14 PM »
@Karmic - I did not know this about Karmic, but it makes her friendship with Iirim even more interesting than it already is. He is also a singer but stopped and is very picky about who hears it because of various trauma things. They're becoming very interesting foils to each other! (Is it foils or twinning? I'm honestly not sure which they count as.)

@Mei - Your editing skills are amazing! I'm jealous haha. If you are ever taking requests I would be interested. Looking forward to seeing what else you create!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/05/17, 01:47:52 PM »
Aw, thanks Noth! I'll keep you in mind if I open up the creativity! It's not completely out of the question. :grin:

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/05/17, 11:58:02 PM »
@Karmic - I did not know this about Karmic, but it makes her friendship with Iirim even more interesting than it already is. He is also a singer but stopped and is very picky about who hears it because of various trauma things. They're becoming very interesting foils to each other! (Is it foils or twinning? I'm honestly not sure which they count as.)

@Mei - Your editing skills are amazing! I'm jealous haha. If you are ever taking requests I would be interested. Looking forward to seeing what else you create!

LOL like I said - no one ever asks.  As Iri has not actually heard Karmic's origin story (has he? I remember her saying she'd talk to him about it but I'm not sure they ever got around to it lol) he wouldn't know to ask her about the singing!  :grin:

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/09/17, 08:39:02 PM »
You can all blame @Sebrik for this one  :umm: It's time for some Jawa love! Technically, this is Blizz, but for the purpose of my artwork, it is Ke's jawa friend, Tutix. Because Tutix is adorable, as all jawas are adorable. :aww:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/09/17, 08:43:23 PM »
Mei, your art is great, and this Jawa one is no exception. It's adorable. As are the scenes you write with Tut in them.

I feel like those of us whose characters have close Jawa ties need to unite and create the unstoppable Jawa Hero army. Ke's Tutix, Taelios's jawa work force, my own character's Jawa clan who live on his homestead... there's got to be other people too. Jawas unite!!

Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Kremon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05/09/17, 09:06:47 PM »

Loving the artwork you've been doing, Mei. I'm especially surprised at just how fast you can do it.
(Jawas aren't so adorable beneath the hood though...)
Exephos; a haunted war-ravaged veteran.
Shad'ra; an indecisive ex-mandalorian.
Gharzog; a happy-go-lucky gun for hire.

BoxBackground: "transparent", sBoxBackgroundHover: "#ffffff", iBoxBorderWidthHover: 1, sBoxBorderColorHover: "#adadad" , sContainerBackground: "#ffffff", sContainerBorder: "1px solid #adadad", sItemBorder: "1px solid #ffffff", sItemBorderHover: "1px dotted gray", sItemBackground: "transparent", sItemBackgroundHover: "#e0e0f0" }); } // ]]>