Shoutbox

Author Topic: Campaign for Galactic Starfighter June 2016  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
Campaign for Galactic Starfighter June 2016
« on: 05/30/16, 04:41:45 PM »
Esteemed members of Begeren Colony and fans of Galactic Starfighter,

There is a potential for change in the not-too-distant future and I am appealing to all of you for your help and support in making this happen.

On Saturday, May 14th, Eric Musco held a Twitch stream that featured Michael Backus, lead technical designer for SWTOR.  Michael Backus also happens to be the lead designer for Galactic Starfighter.

To read the transcript please visit any or all of the forum links below:

General Discussion:  http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884202

Galactic Starfighter:  http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884080

Suggestion Box:       http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884217

I would greatly appreciate anyone leaving a comment on any of those threads lending their support to the cause.  GSF is a great mini game to play in SWTOR but it is in need of an overhaul and support from the Development team.

Your support is greatly needed and most welcome.

Sincerely,

~Elaeis~

Begeren Colony
« Last Edit: 05/30/16, 04:44:18 PM by Elaeis »
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: Campaign for Galactic Starfighter June 2016
« Reply #1 on: 05/30/16, 06:11:47 PM »
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/30/16, 08:53:00 PM »
Oh dude! Hype! This looks cool.  :grin:

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/30/16, 08:55:37 PM »
My pleasure! 

Somebody recommended I post here and I'm glad I did. I haven't spent any time exploring BegerenColony.org and there are a lot of really intriguing posts and things to find here. I'm happy to be aboard.

As for GSF, I know it's a mini game that is not everyone's cup of tea, but I do hope that those of you who enjoy it will come out and voice your support.  It really is a fun and unique game to play within SWTOR. I wish the Devs would do more to make it accessible to new players and that is why I want this grassroots movement to get some momentum.

All one can do is try.  If enough of us take a moment to post a few words of encouragement on those threads maybe it will catch Michael Backus and his Dev team's attention and help convince them to put a little more time to fix and develop GSF. 

Personally, I would be thrilled if they worked out some balance issues and did more to make GSF accessible to new pilots like offering an improved tutorial that allows players to fly their own ships in a practice zone and to test out their ship loadouts without the pressure of being mercilessly vaporized in a live match.  Add a few more maps, maybe a new ship and a new play mode as well as adding some exclusive items available for purchase with Fleet Comms. Personally, I would love to have some cool exclusive GSF artwork to add to my strongholds!  Space themed artwork would be really great to have and completely appropriate for this aspect of the game.  Maybe it would also offer more incentives for players to queue up.  So much can be done to improve this wonderful little gem!
« Last Edit: 05/30/16, 08:59:19 PM by Elaeis »
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/30/16, 09:00:30 PM »
Thanks for posting this here!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/31/16, 08:34:46 AM »
I would support the idea even though I don't play it, because like to see everybody get what they like, but as a non subscriber I can't post to the official forums. :umm:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/01/16, 06:28:09 AM »
I would support the idea even though I don't play it, because like to see everybody get what they like, but as a non subscriber I can't post to the official forums. :umm:

Don't feel bad.  As a Sub I couldn't post to the forums for 2 years. :P 

e Machines" target="_blank" class="new_win">Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2