Shoutbox

Author Topic: "PRIZE IN THE SKIES" @ Begeren Colony July 25th - 31st 2016  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
Hey Everyone,

"Prize in the Skies" GSF contest is back for another round at Begeren Colony from July 25th through July 31st.  Please join us in helping to generate interest and enthusiasm for GSF and be eligible to win this month's Grand Prize, an Unstable Arbiter Lightsaber, along with some other goodies.

For a complete list of prizes and contest rules, visit Campaign4GSF.enjin.com

With the Dark vs. Light event currently underway the resurgence of queues on many servers clearly demonstrates the fact that players from general population will participate when given proper incentive.  I encourage experienced and skilled veterans to continue reaching out and mentoring new players, promoting GSF chat channel, and exercising discretion when flying against rookie opposition.  Everything helps. 

Most of all, keep posting your desire for more GSF on the forums!
« Last Edit: 07/25/16, 08:37:47 PM by Elaeis »
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
Re: "PRIZE IN THE SKIES" @ Begeren Colony July 25th - 31st 2016
« Reply #1 on: 07/27/16, 11:35:41 PM »
Some people have been inquiring about a few things regarding my contest, so I'll provide some details here:

1) The Golden and Platinum Starfighter characters were created specifically for this contest. They do not fly unless the contest is live and underway. That said, whenever you spot these characters promoting the contest on Fleet, or the Capital Worlds, or elsewhere in the game, it means that the event is active and that they are queued. This means that if you want a shot at winning, you should queue up as well!

Here's a helpful hint: If you add these characters to your Friends list it will serve as convenient way for knowing when to queue up!

2) This contest is not a scam. Far from it! It is independently run by me and a very small force of dedicated GSF fans who simply wish to do more for our beleaguered community. Each prize has been generously donated in hopes of providing more incentive for the general player population. The spirit behind the contest is to help grow the GSF community by offering a little motivation to casual players. For those who remain skeptical, we did provide an amusing transcript of the prize drawing from the last contest in June. You can find it in the gallery section at http://campaign4gsf.enjin.com/gallery/m/38930596/album/275769

3) I have gotten some criticism for the contest requiring "too much work" for players to enter the drawing. I do welcome some constructive feedback on this, and would appreciate anyone who has the time to review the structure of the contest to offer any recommendations on how to improve the format. Just keep in mind that this is all entirely elective and I'm simply doing the best that I can with the time and resources available to me. When I started this back in late May I originally planned to host the Contest thread on the official Forums, but when I learned that only subscribers were allowed to post here I decided to use an independent website instead (Enjin). The reason was to allow for F2P members to participate since I wanted to reach as large of a player base as possible.

GSF has a lot stacked against it, so I am aware that an idea like this is an uphill battle, but for now I'm tenacious enough to see it through.

Your support is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 07/27/16, 11:42:17 PM by Elaeis »
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/28/16, 12:01:03 PM »
I wont' be participating as GSF aint my "thang" (I did try a few flights...wow not my thing LOL) but I did want to give you words of encouragement and thanks for doing something like this!!

You'll have naysayers and haters; but as an long-time RPer who's put a few things together myself over the years - I know myself and others here can appreciate the time and effort put into something like this - and even more so to try and make it "reoccuring."  And then on top of people crapping on your ideas and what you try to do.

SO this is to try and give you some positive.  I think what you and your group is doing is fabulous and wonderful and I hope you always get enough people each time to make you want to keep it going!!

Its not easy and there are people out in the community that, even if we don't participate, are giving you cheers!

Good luck and May the Force Be With You!

(and if we were to ever be able to have specators then you might see me show up for some of these epic battles between people who know what they are doing...)

:aww: :aww: :cheer:

Fly Safe!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/29/16, 06:47:33 PM »
For anyone interested in giving GSF a try who might have been driven off in the past by the game's really steep learning curve, I would add that I wrote up a GSF tutorial that is also available on the Enjin site where the contest is hosted (link to the site is in Elaeis's post). My goal with the tutorial was to not take for granted the (erroneous) idea that new players will already somehow understand all the basics. Almost all other GSF tutorials I'd seen jumped straight into ship builds without explaining the basic stuff like targeting and commands.

Also, if there are folks here who'd like to try a few matches with a better chance of not getting sorted into a team full of other new players and being totally face-stomped, I wouldn't mind trying to organize a night where veteran GSFers from our community could set aside some time to group up and offer some support. Always fly with a good wingman!  :grin:
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/30/16, 12:13:35 AM »
I second that, Niarra!

And while my schedule is a little wonky these days, please feel free to hit me up if you'd like a tutorial or someone to fly with. I'm not the best pilot out there, but I do know at least a thing or two!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

ef="https://www.tinyportal.net" title="TinyPortal">TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2