Shoutbox

Author Topic: Bounty/ Smugglers Listings board suggestion? (Rules on bottom)  (Read 12246 times)

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
======Bounty and Smugglers Listing Board ======

Employer: [Insert Name and or Picture here]

Bounty / Transport (IC payment only): [Insert Credit pay here.]

Alive (Bounty Hunters only): [Insert how much the target is worth alive here.]

Dead (Bounty hunters only): [Insert how much the target is worth dead here.]

Target/ Goods: [Name of goods or target placed here along with image if accessible.]

Information:
[Insert Information on the goods or the target here. Along with why the target is wanted and or why the goods are needing transportation. If classified, put N/A, or Classified.]

Date Set: [Insert date of creation here.]

Date Taken: [Insert when the job was taken IC]

Taken By (Optional): [If the individual wishes to be known or gave a name, it may be placed here. No image.]

Date Complete:  [For when the bounty/ smuggling job has been completed.]

Payment: [Insert how much the employee was payed here. If less than original post, list why.]

======Thanks for using the Bounty/ Smugglers listing board ======

(( Now with all that out of the way, hello I am Sharkking678, also known as Larhr on this profile and Imp side as a Bounty Hunter. Now, I noticed this many moths ago that there was no Bounty/ Smugglers Coalition board to help the bounty hunters and smugglers earn a bit more extra credits and extra Role play opportunities like the other jobs on the Game. Now, I understand that this can be a bit iffy to deal with, BUT! do not fear! I have a rule check to make sure that everyone has a chance to get involved a fair chance to escape and survive bounties and or smuggling runs listed down below!...

1.) YOU MUST! MUST! Have an In character reason as to why a target is wanted for a bounty along with a reasonable price. You must also let the character that is getting the bounty placed on him/her, know ahead of time before making the bounty. Bounties must be approved by both parties. Good communication is key for this! If you want to keep the reason classified, just give a small OOC detail as to why.

2.) You must provide information as to why the target/goods need to be either taken out, or transported. Also coincides with rule above, if you want it to be classified, then list it. Just be aware of how hard it may be to get people to do the bounty with little information.

3.) NO RANDOM BOUNTY LISTINGS! This can ruin any RP if the bounty is set up randomly and for no cause.

4.) NO GOD MODDING OR META-GAMING! Seriously, it is no fun to just god mode away from a bounty or to get one. If needed use the roll system and set an HP system as well. People that have bounties set on them shall not know ICly unless told by someone. It is no fun to meta-game your character knowing they have a bounty on them when they should have no clue.

5.) Please list if it is meant for Imp side or Pub Side and or both. You want to be absolutely certain that both factions have a chance or know if it is meant for one faction alone.

6.) If bounties are only wanted Alive, THEY MUST BE KEPT ALIVE! There is an IC reason for it and you shall respect it due to the Bounty Hunter Code. If wanted dead, at least give the opposing character a chance to run or survive.

7.) Credit amounts for smuggler runs and bounties shall be kept IC. So if you take a job placed on this board, know you will be getting paid with Roleplay, not actual Credits OOCly.

8.) Bounties may take a long time to complete, keep that in mind. If you do not have the patience to do the bounty, give another person a chance to take it.

9.) If need be multiple characters can take the bounty/ smuggling transport at once. However, the pay will be divided among the group.

10.) Stealing bounties is heavily frowned upon. If you are caught stealing a bounty, be prepared to face consequences that rightful player feels fit. Remember IC actions bear IC consequences.

((And that's all I have for now. Just keep in mind this is a rough draft and will be improved with the on coming weeks! I hope this can be approved and if anything is missing or if something doesn't seem right, CALL IT OUT! Please, I want to make this as accurate as I can.))

Now version 0.05
« Last Edit: 08/01/16, 09:38:11 AM by LarhrNaor »
"Mess with my family, expect a war. One you will lose. My family is the most important thing in my life. We may not be blood related, but my love for them will carry me on through my life. You best start running now. Because when you do run, I won't give you much of a headstart."
-Larhr Bail

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
My biggest suggestion, on first read, is that players of targets MUST agree to having their character placed as a target, or the bounty cannot be listed.

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
I like the idea of a bounty listing, and this one is already further along than the last dozen or so attempts. I would like clarification on one point tho, and I have some feedback too.

Is pay supposed to be OOC credits, and if so is it required? Involving actual credits in IC matters always ends with drama, and it ruins the spirit of RP as well when it's forced upon people. If it isn't required, then I think clarification in bold text somewhere would be nice since you know there will always be that one asshole who argues that it wasn't specified anywhere and demands money.

I do have one minor complaint, being that your reasons for why the target is wanted shouldn't be necessary to give away on the form. Of course you should still have reasons, but sometimes it's something personal or classified and can't really be given out ICly. I doubt many Sith or Imperials would use this when they can just hire someone with no questions asked elsewhere.

Other than that, the rules are pretty good but the rules list itself could probably be condensed into 5 or 6 rules instead of 12 since a lot of them have a similar premise.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
Here's the aforementioned 'Bounty Hunter's Code', in handsome custom medallion form:

This is the 'good guy' Bounty Hunter's guidelines.  Most Bounty Hunters aren't 'good guys', but, like most systems of honor, lip service is often paid.  This is what I use as a guideline for my BH character (as opposed to the wibbly-wobbly, not-really-applicable-or-useful Resol'Nare).

Good hunting!
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
I'm with Sera here.

Icily no they don't need to know - until well after the first attempt. If that fails - guess what they know!  :nuu:  :grin:

OOCILY - the target needs to have given full ooc permission and be in full cooperation with whatever is going down.

Otherwise, this won't ever work.  Seen too much drama from people being targets and never even knowing it until the "bounty was posted on the board." (On this Forum) And then they have to decide if they want to allow it (Spoiler Alert: Not usually the way to get permission...)

Also there is the issue with in game money - RP IC Credits and in game credits I imagine rarely if ever reflect the real "money" a character may have.  If this is suppose to be all in character then the money may need to be just handwaved to reflect the actual VALUE icily of the game bounty and not whether or not someone is rich.  Esp. given how many people play alts - ESPECIALLY if there's a bounty where someone could die - alt city!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
I like the idea of a bounty listing, and this one is already further along than the last dozen or so attempts. I would like clarification on one point tho, and I have some feedback too.

Is pay supposed to be OOC credits, and if so is it required? Involving actual credits in IC matters always ends with drama, and it ruins the spirit of RP as well when it's forced upon people. If it isn't required, then I think clarification in bold text somewhere would be nice since you know there will always be that one asshole who argues that it wasn't specified anywhere and demands money.

I do have one minor complaint, being that your reasons for why the target is wanted shouldn't be necessary to give away on the form. Of course you should still have reasons, but sometimes it's something personal or classified and can't really be given out ICly. I doubt many Sith or Imperials would use this when they can just hire someone with no questions asked elsewhere.

Other than that, the rules are pretty good but the rules list itself could probably be condensed into 5 or 6 rules instead of 12 since a lot of them have a similar premise.

Well, I guess the first thing I should start with is, the money should be IC, however, oocly they should get a small fee, like maybe 10-25% of what the actual bounty is so they get something OOCly.

As for the rules I will be making heavy revisions to this post in the up coming weeks, right now this is a rough draft, hence why it's only a suggestion.

A simple way with the reasoning complaint is to list it as IC reasons or Classified. Most bounties that I have researched from the star wars era were like that. So yes, that can be changed up for Agents and or Sith. However, maybe a OOC reason shall be required possibly.

My biggest suggestion, on first read, is that players of targets MUST agree to having their character placed as a target, or the bounty cannot be listed.

I agree with this statement. To make it fair to all the participants involved the target should be notified. However, most bounties should only be alive only bounties unless other character owner has specified it is alright to be killed. Again, this is a rough draft so revisions will be included as time moves along. So expect edits to the rules and possible format changes.

I'm with Sera here.

Icily no they don't need to know - until well after the first attempt. If that fails - guess what they know!  :nuu:  :grin:

OOCILY - the target needs to have given full ooc permission and be in full cooperation with whatever is going down.

Otherwise, this won't ever work.  Seen too much drama from people being targets and never even knowing it until the "bounty was posted on the board." (On this Forum) And then they have to decide if they want to allow it (Spoiler Alert: Not usually the way to get permission...)

Also there is the issue with in game money - RP IC Credits and in game credits I imagine rarely if ever reflect the real "money" a character may have.  If this is suppose to be all in character then the money may need to be just handwaved to reflect the actual VALUE icily of the game bounty and not whether or not someone is rich.  Esp. given how many people play alts - ESPECIALLY if there's a bounty where someone could die - alt city!

As listed above I agree that the target should know they have a bounty on their head due to an IC action they have done. One thing to expect that I have learned the hard way many times before is this, "IC actions, carry IC consequences." So if you can't handle to possibly be hunted down for credits, don't do it in the first place. I know sometimes it can't be helped, but it is something to keep in the back of your mind at all times.

As I said for Squigglyv, the credits listed will be IC. However I feel a small fee should be included dived by a certain amount of the IC amount given. So both parties are getting something in return.

Here's the aforementioned 'Bounty Hunter's Code', in handsome custom medallion form:

This is the 'good guy' Bounty Hunter's guidelines.  Most Bounty Hunters aren't 'good guys', but, like most systems of honor, lip service is often paid.  This is what I use as a guideline for my BH character (as opposed to the wibbly-wobbly, not-really-applicable-or-useful Resol'Nare).

Good hunting!

Thank you for bringing up the Bounty Hunter Code.

I understand a lot of bounty hunters don't listen to this code, but I have met many bounty hunters on the Server that live by the code, and quickly word spreads on the server, it will only make the one that broke the rules worse for him/her.

Thank you all for your pointers and advice I will now edit the draft shortly. If I missed anything or you are still a tad bit confused let me know.
"Mess with my family, expect a war. One you will lose. My family is the most important thing in my life. We may not be blood related, but my love for them will carry me on through my life. You best start running now. Because when you do run, I won't give you much of a headstart."
-Larhr Bail

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Well, I guess the first thing I should start with is, the money should be IC, however, oocly they should get a small fee, like maybe 10-25% of what the actual bounty is so they get something OOCly.

You're missing the point, there should be no requirement to pay anything OOC at all no matter how small. What if someone is broke? What if it's a high bounty IC but they would never be able to afford it OOC? Also, non-subs literally cannot send money to anyone else at all so you're basically excluding a huge portion of the game from ever being involved in this. Making it optional would probably be okay, but I guarantee that people will just go elsewhere if it's mandatory.

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile

You're missing the point, there should be no requirement to pay anything OOC at all no matter how small. What if someone is broke? What if it's a high bounty IC but they would never be able to afford it OOC? Also, non-subs literally cannot send money to anyone else at all so you're basically excluding a huge portion of the game from ever being involved in this. Making it optional would probably be okay, but I guarantee that people will just go elsewhere if it's mandatory.

A very solid point. Alright, payments will only be IC!
-Larhr Bail

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Yea, I guess I was "missing the point" when you said "so everyone gets something."

To me, everyone IS getting something.  Roleplay.  The Hunters are getting something - they're getting targets and ...roleplay.

And I didn't even think about Squigg's point, not-subbers can't transfer credits nor hold more than 350K on a character at any one time without spending more money! (duh! on us!)

I guess to me (having never played with a Hunter nor been an RPer in that community), if someone's doing this expecting an OOC payout they aren't doing it "for RP purposes" in order to give more meat for their characters to ICily develop with.

The payout - the fact that you have bounty hunting' RP to engage in! =D

And good to see that permission on all sides is required - there's a reason two of us pointed that out.  In several old "board" attempts by players this was not always the way.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
Yea, I guess I was "missing the point" when you said "so everyone gets something."

To me, everyone IS getting something.  Roleplay.  The Hunters are getting something - they're getting targets and ...roleplay.

And I didn't even think about Squigg's point, not-subbers can't transfer credits nor hold more than 350K on a character at any one time without spending more money! (duh! on us!)

I guess to me (having never played with a Hunter nor been an RPer in that community), if someone's doing this expecting an OOC payout they aren't doing it "for RP purposes" in order to give more meat for their characters to ICily develop with.

The payout - the fact that you have bounty hunting' RP to engage in! =D

And good to see that permission on all sides is required - there's a reason two of us pointed that out.  In several old "board" attempts by players this was not always the way.

If you look again, I did make changes to the rules and the whole format itself. Again, I want more Roleplay for the Smugglers and the Bounty Hunters, hence why it is only ICly being payed. Not OOC.
-Larhr Bail

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty/ Smugglers Listings board suggestion? (Rules on bottom)
« Reply #10 on: 07/31/16, 12:55:02 PM »
Read over the rules a few times but still don't see where you've changed it to say that bounties can only be posted with the OOC permission of the person the bounty is set on, or that bounties must be discussed OOC ahead of time. As a player, that makes me really hesitant to want to participate... Good OOC communication creates good RP, not being able to OOCly withhold information like it says in your first few rules. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if there was total OOC transparency and agreement about all the details? RP is much more fun with some good dramatic irony than if you are as clueless as your character. :/
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/31/16, 01:36:02 PM »
Read over the rules a few times but still don't see where you've changed it to say that bounties can only be posted with the OOC permission of the person the bounty is set on, or that bounties must be discussed OOC ahead of time. As a player, that makes me really hesitant to want to participate... Good OOC communication creates good RP, not being able to OOCly withhold information like it says in your first few rules. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if there was total OOC transparency and agreement about all the details? RP is much more fun with some good dramatic irony than if you are as clueless as your character. :/

My apologies, it crossed my mind when revising it to version 0.02. So it has been fixed and is now in version 0.03! Thank you for pointing that out for me.
-Larhr Bail

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/31/16, 01:58:24 PM »

My apologies, it crossed my mind when revising it to version 0.02. So it has been fixed and is now in version 0.03! Thank you for pointing that out for me.

I feel really blind because I still don't see it haha. If it's supposed to be Rule #3 it needs to explicitly say "You can only set a bounty with the OOC permission of the character's player." not just "No random bounties", I'd think. Unless you just haven't posted the edits yet? Just letting the character know isn't enough, not all people might want their characters to even be targets in the first place, you should get their permission not just a note that they have a bounty on them, is I think what people here are getting at.

I was also thinking of Rules #1 and 2. It sounds like it's saying "You can keep all the details secret, OOCly and ICly, if you explain why you don't want to say it", but I feel like that's sort of the same as not asking permission from the mark. It creates OOC obscurity that could make the situation really unfun for the player who is the target. I think it would work much better if you had to be OOCly transparent, but mark down what is secret IC.

A bounty system is a really cool idea, but if everyone isn't having fun, then there isn't much point, you know? XD Clear and honest OOC communication between bounty hunter and target players is a must for that to happen.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07/31/16, 02:38:07 PM »

I feel really blind because I still don't see it haha. If it's supposed to be Rule #3 it needs to explicitly say "You can only set a bounty with the OOC permission of the character's player." not just "No random bounties", I'd think. Unless you just haven't posted the edits yet? Just letting the character know isn't enough, not all people might want their characters to even be targets in the first place, you should get their permission not just a note that they have a bounty on them, is I think what people here are getting at.

I was also thinking of Rules #1 and 2. It sounds like it's saying "You can keep all the details secret, OOCly and ICly, if you explain why you don't want to say it", but I feel like that's sort of the same as not asking permission from the mark. It creates OOC obscurity that could make the situation really unfun for the player who is the target. I think it would work much better if you had to be OOCly transparent, but mark down what is secret IC.

A bounty system is a really cool idea, but if everyone isn't having fun, then there isn't much point, you know? XD Clear and honest OOC communication between bounty hunter and target players is a must for that to happen.

It is mixed with rule number 1 now. Had to re edit twice! I do understand what you mean though!
-Larhr Bail

Offline LarhrNaor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08/01/16, 09:38:54 AM »
Small edits have been made to the layout and information of the Bounty/Smuggler listing board, along with various rule changes in rules 1 and 2.
-Larhr Bail

over: 1, sBoxBorderColorHover: "#adadad" , sContainerBackground: "#ffffff", sContainerBorder: "1px solid #adadad", sItemBorder: "1px solid #ffffff", sItemBorderHover: "1px dotted gray", sItemBackground: "transparent", sItemBackgroundHover: "#e0e0f0" }); } // ]]>