Shoutbox

Author Topic: Toborro's Courtyard Official Signups (Saturday 13th)  (Read 8956 times)

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
This thread is the official signup for the SM Toborro's Courtyard run.  This run will take place at 7PM (server time/pst) on Saturday 13th of this month.  Imp side.

We will either meet on Makeb outside the Operation phase, or one of our group members can summon via flagship summons.

We want 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 4 DPS(3, after my slot).  I will update this post with each addition to the team.  Those of you who posted on the original Toborro's Courtyard 'gauging interest' thread will receive priority over those who did not.  Other-wise, role slots (dps,tank,healer) are first come first served.

I implore and encourage those of you who are new to operations in general, to sign up for the role you want, not the role you think you'll be best at or the one you think you should take.  I intend for this run to be a learning experience.  This is the perfect chance for anyone who wants to learn how to heal in ops, to tank, or to DPS to do so.  So please, sign up for the slot you want.

Final Team

Tanks:
LVT (Lashila)
Kezie

DPS:
Sebrik (Stun)
Seraphie (Huritt)
Karmic
Dassalya

HEALERS:
SquigglyV(Callaris)
Calphayus

Reserves(Backups):
Karmic - Possible Tank
Niarra - Heal or Tank
-

On the day of the run, I will explain mechanics.  However, if you want to read over, or watch a video of Toborro's Courtyard in action, http://dulfy.net/2013/04/09/swtor-golden-fury-makeb-operation-boss-guide/  will be useful to you.  Although that guide is old, the mechanics are still the same.  Reading or watching the video in that link though is not necessary if you don't want to, because again, I will explain mechanics completely.  I will also explain a few terms before we take on the boss.

During the run, I will also sit in BC.org's Discord, which can be conveniently found to your left on that panel, thanks to the site admins.  Voice will not be necessary, but know I'll be in there in case you have any questions or concerns during the raid! 

I look forward to running through this SM operation with you all.  Remember to have fun with it.  It's a learning experience for most of you!
« Last Edit: 08/11/16, 01:24:19 PM by Sebrik »

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Toborro's Courtyard Official Signups (Saturday 13th)
« Reply #1 on: 08/10/16, 06:17:08 PM »
Huritt for DPS!

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/10/16, 06:25:44 PM »
Karmic for DPS!!

I might could tank!  I am a tank-assassin spec and I have tank and dps gear sets that are about equal (I think..). So I might can tank if noone else comes who can tank.

But I know I can DPS! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/10/16, 06:30:38 PM »
Is level 65 required for ops below level 65? My healer is max level so it doesn't apply to me, but i'm curious and other people might be curious as well. I know TC is a level 55 op but i'm confused on how that works now that level sync is implemented.

Also can preferred players do ops? Sign Callaris up for heals if they can! But if not, bleh I can't go.

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/10/16, 06:35:10 PM »
Is level 65 required for ops below level 65? My healer is max level so it doesn't apply to me, but i'm curious and other people might be curious as well. I know TC is a level 55 op but i'm confused on how that works now that level sync is implemented.

Also can preferred players do ops? Sign Callaris up for heals if they can! But if not, bleh I can't go.

I believe you need an Operations pass.  I could be wrong though.  As far as levels - Level 50s can queue for Group Finder Operations, but Toborro's Courtyard is not accessed through Group Finder.  Level-sync scales you -up- for Toborro's Courtyard(And all other Ops), so it is my assumption that level 50 is still the requirement.

According to online, preferred can access Operations.  You do need access to Makeb though, unsure whether you have that or not.  I'll go ahead and put you down for heals for the time being!

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/10/16, 06:37:09 PM »
I am willing to Heal or Tank (or DPS for that matter, but I'm assuming Heals and Tank will be more needed), whichever one is still needed after all others have finished signing up. I have no preference as this is just an offer to assist - so wherever I'm most needed is probably where I should go.

Also, as mentioned in the other thread, I can only stick around until a hard stop of 8PM. Sorry about that! :( If someone else can fill the Heal or Tank role who doesn't have another commitment, by all means please slot them in over me.

I am in no way trying to step on Sebrik's toes, so the following is purely 100% my personal opinion and suggestion: I would recommend that those new to Ops who want a good learning experience strongly consider using the voice chat. I myself was exceedingly shy about this when I first starting raiding, and even now I still tend to guard my privacy very carefully and prefer written chat to voice chat whenever possible... but that's why I only started raiding in this game once I found a guild I was comfortable enough with to use voice chat. And even on a guild run, where everyone knows all the mechanics, we never consider raiding without voice chat because it can often make all the difference between failure or success.

Yes, it is possible to successfully run Ops and Hard Modes without voice chat, but in those cases you are often dealing with a group who already knows the mechanics. That's not a universal truth, of course; few things ever are. And if you're going to try any Ops without voice chat, Toborro's Courtyard is a decent choice for it. But in many Ops, the mechanics can demand that all raid members respond extremely quickly to changing circumstances, and the benefit of having a raid caller (someone whose job it is, among many other call outs, to warn everyone to "move now!") providing their call-outs in real time voice chat can make an enormous difference. 

Just my two cents! And this community is generally awesome, so I'm sure voice chat would be a perfectly fine experience. :) Often, when my PVE guild PUGs a stranger into an Ops, we recommend that they join our voice chat channel just to listen, with no obligation to speak if they don't wish to - but even just lurking as a listener allows you to hear all the call-outs.
« Last Edit: 08/10/16, 06:44:48 PM by Niarra »
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/10/16, 06:59:40 PM »
I believe you need an Operations pass.  I could be wrong though.  As far as levels - Level 50s can queue for Group Finder Operations, but Toborro's Courtyard is not accessed through Group Finder.  Level-sync scales you -up- for Toborro's Courtyard(And all other Ops), so it is my assumption that level 50 is still the requirement.

According to online, preferred can access Operations.  You do need access to Makeb though, unsure whether you have that or not.  I'll go ahead and put you down for heals for the time being!

I was going to write a long story about my quest to access Makeb through alternative means because it was greyed out on the terminal, but no it just works. I'm gonna do the first few quests now so I can get to gravity hook 7 on Callaris.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/10/16, 09:02:52 PM »
Sign me up for some DPS action! I'd prefer to do healing, but unfortunately I do not have an Impside healer of the appropriate level. My gear is poop and I'm really, really bad at actually playing the game with my Imp characters, so don't say I didn't warn you!

That being said, if you'll still have me I look forward to it. :)  I have a DPS juggernaut or mercenary available!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Calphayus

• A'rro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/11/16, 06:23:10 AM »
I'll pop in as a tank, or a healer if you can't find one.
Your future becomes ever bleaker, while I grow stronger!

Offline Kezie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/11/16, 06:30:08 AM »
I can come as Kezie which is set up as a Tank. If that is okay of course.
May the force serve us well!!!

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08/11/16, 01:11:48 PM »
Kezie and Dread Master Calphayus, I'll go ahead and slot you guys in as tank and healer, respectively, if no one else signs up by the end of today.  I would ask Niarra to take one of those roles, but as she said, she'd have to leave at 8. Ideally this run wouldn't take that long, but I don't want a time limt when there are so many newer people involved.
« Last Edit: 08/11/16, 01:20:29 PM by Sebrik »

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08/11/16, 01:23:04 PM »
Okay, none of what I said above makes any ounce of sense considering most of the people who expressed interest in the previous thread have already signed up.  Minus a DPS or two.

With that in mind, Kezie and Dread Master Calphayus, the slots are yours.  I'll keep Niarra in reserves in case we have a no show on the day. 

While the team is full now, if anyone wants to put their name down for the reserves for any slot, in case of a no show, please go ahead and do so.  In fact, if there are enough people who sign up as reserves, I'll do another Toborrro's Courtyard run in a week or two, prioritizing those people.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08/11/16, 01:33:44 PM »
Wait did we even get anyone new to ops?

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08/11/16, 01:42:47 PM »
Wait did we even get anyone new to ops?

Seraphie for certain, Karmic I'm pretty sure.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08/11/16, 01:45:37 PM »
Oh yay! I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.

31a79399cd11a5", "post", 1); // ]]>