Shoutbox

Author Topic: World Building: Theatre anyone?  (Read 7338 times)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
World Building: Theatre anyone?
« on: 05/01/17, 11:12:59 AM »
So I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I have a "world building" idea that runs on the cultural side of things.... I'm in the "production" stage of this, but also fishing around to see if there is an interest in..... SWTOR theatre. I've built my theatre and am currently working on the "play/ballet/show". No time frame yet, but is this something you would be interested in attending?
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: World Building: Theatre anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/17, 11:32:32 AM »
I think that could be quite neat! Difficult to do, but neat! Would you be seeking out "actors" for this theatre, or preparing descriptions, etc, of what viewers would see/hear, or...?
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/01/17, 11:39:40 AM »
Color me interested as heck.

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/01/17, 11:43:37 AM »
I thought of the idea of actors, and still think that would be near if I had a production cast. For the one I have in my head now, it is more of a ballet that I'm controlling 100% of with descriptions of what people see and hear (and my have actually pinned down the right music today!). I did a trial run on EH server once with my controlling the visuals and it went pretty well. I was rushed then, but I learned how to do it even better (I hope!).

So I guess the first one would be all be descriptions.... If people are interested in helping with other productions, the we can cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

I'd be running the "company" under the Imperial Theatre on Dromund Kaas, but can also open it up to those in the Republic wishing to be smuggled in :grin:

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/01/17, 12:10:47 PM »
I am extremely interested in this!!! Either as an attendee or as a performer. Most of my characters have some kind of interest in performing arts, though usually it's more like music or poetry. Depending on what the frame story is though that might limit who I bring or not.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/01/17, 12:58:42 PM »
One of my characters is a bard/minstrel,  so I'd be interested in this.

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/01/17, 02:47:29 PM »
You guys have no idea how giddy this is making me hearing that there is actual interest in people wanting to be PERFORMERS!! I'm totally going to keep that in mind.

My life gets busy sometimes, which is why I don't have a solid time frame... But if I can work my current idea out with a couple performers, that would be like icing on a cake!!

« Reply #7 on: 05/01/17, 03:29:50 PM »
This seems interesting :3

someone on the SWG server I play on was fiddling with the concept a couple of months back.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/01/17, 05:58:06 PM »
A thousand 'yes's' to this idea.

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/01/17, 07:29:56 PM »
Well, I think it is safe to say that you have all safely convinced me to keep running with my idea!!  :aww:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/01/17, 07:37:04 PM »
I think attending a theater event sounds like a fun RP evening. I could for sure be an audience goer on Imperial side (since most of my Sith are of the snobby aristocratic high society variety), but if you ever decide to do it Republic side I imagine there would be a lot of characters (certainly that I know of) that would go for such an occasion as well. I don't currently have a character who could be performing, but that's not to say I couldn't make one up on demand and love doing so! (If nothing else, Zuuvi could do another fashion show with his new and improved Gree tech powered clothing tansmogrification device.)
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/01/17, 08:01:27 PM »
Lovely!! I'm allllll for audience members too! Especially at this point in the game where I'm still testing the waters. I do hope that I can get some Republic people over to DK (there's no harm in smuggling, really! :grin: ) I'd need someone Pub-side to handle the invites though as all my 'performers'/'company owners' are Imp side (and I need to drag them over from EH server right now but I've been lazy).

I thought about putting the theatre on Nar Shaddaa (and I still may do it, maybe later), but there was something about DK that was 'theatre' to me (in the layout). Same with Coruscant... I could always make a second theatre (but would need TONS more decos).

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/01/17, 08:30:12 PM »
Lovely!! I'm allllll for audience members too! Especially at this point in the game where I'm still testing the waters. I do hope that I can get some Republic people over to DK (there's no harm in smuggling, really! :grin: ) I'd need someone Pub-side to handle the invites though as all my 'performers'/'company owners' are Imp side (and I need to drag them over from EH server right now but I've been lazy).

I thought about putting the theatre on Nar Shaddaa (and I still may do it, maybe later), but there was something about DK that was 'theatre' to me (in the layout). Same with Coruscant... I could always make a second theatre (but would need TONS more decos).

Ah, I thought you mean the theater would ICly be on Dromund Kaas. If it's just OOCly in a DK SH, that's no problem, I'm sure people from both factions will be happy to show.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/01/17, 08:42:30 PM »
No, ICly it is on DK... so... I guess those that want to risk it can come. ICly, the theatre company shows no boarders and accepts everyone in the galaxy as a guest... just... local government may not see it the same way. I'm actually calling the theatre, The Imperial Theatre, which is run by the Koshkov School of Arts (which is cross-faction). :grin:

But it is still a work in progress, so...  :think:

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03/01/18, 10:27:19 AM »
*bump*

So this idea has never left my mind, my life just sort of got crazy and I got side tracked.... But my interest is still here for it, so just curious if the community is still :grin:

While the theatre itself is ICly on Dromund Kaas, I do have (just a mental thought right now) a more Republic friendly environment if the occasion calls for it.  Though, I'm not against finding ways to ICly "pull strings" to make it safe for Republic citizens to attend/be smuggled. LOL

While my idea is still in the works I'm pretty psyched to actually do it (thanks Noth!) but will need a little help.... Looking for performers and people to help handle invites to the event.

Keys: Will need for cross faction, and I prefer a keyholder to be an audience member so performers are not distracted during the actual show. More details on this will follow as I get closer to an actual deadline, so I'm really looking to see that there are people interested in helping me out on this part. :grin:

Performers: PM me here if you would like to be a performer or if you have someone who is already an actor/singer/dancer. The first performance will focus on dance more so than acting/singing. I will provide further details outside of this thread. Performers can be from either faction and any class. Joining the <Imperial Theatre> guild is not required, but is an option if you think it would be cool to have the banner above your head. :grin: (it's imp side so...)

:grin: :music: :aww:
« Last Edit: 03/01/18, 10:29:23 AM by Mei »

postHandle = new smfCaptcha("http://www.begerencolony.org/index.php?action=verificationcode;vid=post;rand=69ccc41a3969d06d2aa8973935847231", "post", 1); // ]]>