Shoutbox

Author Topic: New to the Game, Server, and Forum  (Read 7281 times)

New to the Game, Server, and Forum
« on: 06/14/17, 04:06:55 AM »
Hello all,

I'm new here and I wanted to introduce myself. I love roleplaying and have been doing it for somewhere around nine years now. I haven't roleplayed on SWTOR before but I thought that I'd give it (and the game) a try. It seems fun so far but I haven't had any in-character encounters as of yet. I found this site through googling SWTOR roleplaying communities. You guys seem to be the most active bunch so I chose Begeren Colony as my server and created my first character: "Fulcros", a Sith Juggernaut with the Immortal specialty so that he can tank. I have some things planned out for him as a character but I'm still working on him. I think I'm reasonably familiar with the game and the universe's lore so you don't need to coach me on the basics there. As of right now everything on this profile is under construction so give me a little while to finish it up if you're interested.

I hope to see you all in game soon!
« Last Edit: 06/14/17, 04:09:58 AM by Darth Fulcros »

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Game, Server, and Forum
« Reply #1 on: 06/14/17, 05:30:34 AM »
Welcome to the community! :music:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/14/17, 06:27:30 AM »
Definitely welcome! The Google-Fu is strong with you, little one, because you indeed found the best server and community in the SWTORverse.

While I don't play my Imp characters too much, I'm pretty sure the naming convention is the same - Imps, feel free to correct me :) But when you're in-game, type

/cjoin imperialooc

For the community's social/RP-planning channel. If you do come Pub side, it's /cjoin republicooc

And if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to reach out!
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/14/17, 07:06:45 AM »
Also:
/cjoin imperialic
/cjoin republicic

Those are "in character" RP channels. :grin:

And I'm an imp-sideaholic!

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/14/17, 07:18:13 AM »
Hello and welcome. :wave: You'll also want to keep an eye on the site calendar to see what events are going on. Many of them are open events, so you can ask to find out more or how to join. The Friday night Dancer's Palace is also a great weekly event to start with.

It is a casual, cross faction event set on neutral Nar Shaddaa and characters can mingle and you can get to know who's out there. However, I strongly advise bringing a social character with you to reduce the amount of time you spend sitting by yourself. Also be prepared for maximum chat scroll as several conversations all fight for chat window space. :grin::

Enjoy your time here.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Kremon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/14/17, 08:47:27 AM »
To echo what many others have said, welcome!

There is certainly a great deal of fun to be had here and in-game as well as providing a place for you to share your creativity. The calendar's definitely great for finding events and if you have any questions of any kind, any member of the community would be happy to answer them.

A lot of people have huge histories and back stories behind their characters so it can get intimidating to write one for yourself but don't worry about it, that kind of thing comes with time. The more events your characters attend, the more you and other people get to know them and their stories. Pick attributes you'd like your character/characters to have and roll with them; then your on the right track.

Once again, good to have you here and I hope you enjoy yourself!
Exephos; a haunted war-ravaged veteran.
Shad'ra; an indecisive ex-mandalorian.
Gharzog; a happy-go-lucky gun for hire.

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/14/17, 10:34:01 AM »
Welcome welcome! :cheer:

Really great to see a new name around. I don't know that there's much left to be said that folks haven't already covered, but I wanted to chime in anyhow. Hope to cross paths with you in game!

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/14/17, 11:13:02 AM »
You don't have to have anything new to say. Saying hello is always a good response. :grin:

« Reply #8 on: 06/14/17, 11:36:46 AM »
Welcome to the family!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
-Tolkien

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/14/17, 01:54:37 PM »
Welcome!

Beware that the game/RP timeline has advanced significantly from where it's at when you first start doing your class story. Most of us RP the galaxy being in a very different place, concurrent with the most recent endgame content. Just a heads up!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/14/17, 02:08:57 PM »
Welcome! Always nice to see more Sith. I don't think the holonet has been mentioned yet, be sure to check that out because it's great for making character profiles!

Offline BrettHunt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/29/17, 12:40:39 AM »
Welcome! Always nice to have this creatine and see more Sith. I don't think the holonet has been mentioned yet, be sure to check that out because it's great for making character profiles!

Hey Darth, I'm new too.
« Last Edit: 06/28/21, 08:04:39 AM by BrettHunt »

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06/29/17, 06:07:09 AM »
Hey Darth, I'm new too.

So good to see new faces! Welcome Brett! :music:

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06/29/17, 08:35:59 AM »
Hi and welcome. :wave:

Offline rubyatiy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01/22/19, 06:36:08 AM »
Welcome! Always nice to see more Sith. I don't think the zetaclear has been phenq reviews yet, be sure to check that out because it's great for making character profiles!

Hey Darth, I'm new too.

These was the thing every one is discussing though

DATA[ var verificationpostHandle = new smfCaptcha("http://www.begerencolony.org/index.php?action=verificationcode;vid=post;rand=1ccc0b96de908591941b53dc32ecd6bd", "post", 1); // ]]>