Shoutbox

Author Topic: Scenes set to songs  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Scenes set to songs
« on: 06/23/17, 10:37:02 AM »
So, @Karmic and I were chatting the other week about a song and a scene and we thought it would be fun to open a post where all of us could write a scene to music. You know, like you would see in the movies or something like that. So, I'm opening this thread for others to include their own little scene set to music. It doesn't have to be plot driven, but you can if you want. Have fun with it!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Re: Scenes set to songs
« Reply #1 on: 06/23/17, 10:38:15 AM »
((Note: I thought of doing just some random shoot ‘em scene, but instead fell back on an actual occurrence from Ke’rii Ogasawara’s younger days. I've always wanted to do something with this bit of his backstory, but just never did. The lyrics are just the overlay, not an actual IC song playing. And I'll probably, one day, write up a more serious version of these events, but for now…. Enjoy!))

Cantina
Coruscant
3 BTC

The opening beats begin…

Ke'rii Ogasawara enters the cantina. A dataspike carefully being concealed into his pocket. The 18 year old looks around the cantina, paranoid he was going to get caught after successfully slicing into the Republic SIS’s database.

I'm gonna need someone to help me
I'm gonna need somebody's hand

Ke’rii takes a seat at the bar, and nods to the bartender. He seems winded, as if running from someone. He keeps his cool as the bartender sets a class of whiskey in front of him.

The bartender eyes him…. he's seen trouble like this kid before...

I'm gonna need someone to hold me down
I'm gonna need someone to care

And then cantina doors open and a group of five men enter, scanning the bar. Their eyes narrow when they spot Ke seated at the bar.

I'm gonna writhe and shake my body
I'll start pulling out my hair

The bartender clears his throat, subtly getting Ke's attention as he motions toward the door. Certainly this gang had to be the kid’s “friends”.

Ke looks over his shoulder, his face barely visible to the men. He lowers his head and takes a drink as the gang comes up behind him. He tenses.

I'm gonna cover myself with the ashes of you
And nobody's gonna give a damn

He sets his drink down.

Son of a bitch! Ke stands, quickly jabbing his elbow into the first guy’s nose. 

Gve me a drink
One more night

The tussle ensues. The men swing their fists at Ke, who ducks, missing the would-be impact. Two of the men hit each other.

This can't be me
Son of a bitch
If I can't get clean I'm gonna drink my life away

Ke rolls on the ground, dodging further assault. He stands up behind the men, hand resting on the blaster strapped to his hip.

Ooooh-oh….

The men unholster their blasters, taking surrounding positions all around the 18 year old. Ke's hand twitches over his blaster, still not drawing it.

Now for seventeen years I've been throwing them back
Seventeen more will bury me

Cantina guest take cover under tables. The bartender ducks, pulling out his holocom to call law enforcement.

And somebody please just tie me down
Or somebody get me a goddamn drink

Ke draws his gun, shooting a missed shot passed one of the gang leader's heads.

Son of a bitch, give me a drink!
One more night
This can't be me

Bolts are shot, Ke dodging them all, ducking and under kicking one of the men right off his feet.

Son of a bitch!
Hey! Hey!

Ke smirks as he kicks the downed man’s blaster away from him. He looks at the other remaining four, who start circling him like he were small prey.

Ke has a youthful cocky expression in his face. And the look enrages the gang as they approach. This kid has it coming for screwing them over.

My heart is breaking, hands are shaking
Bugs are crawling all over me!

Ke motions for the remaining to ‘come an’ get him’.

My heart is breaking, hands are shaking
Bugs are crawling all over me

Ke is grabbed, by the man he took down when his back is to him. He drops his gun and uses the man's body for support as he leans back, kicking another square in the face.

My heart was aching, hands are shaking
My heart was aching, hands are shaking

Ke is clobbered by the men, fists flying, and is nailed square in the face by their leader.

Son of a bitch, give me a drink
One more night
This can't be me

Law enforcement speeds towards the cantina, a light green twi'lek officer, Ooda Dahn, brings the speeder to a halt in front of the Cantina.

Son of a bitch

The brawl continues inside. Ke not doing so well with his youthful inexperience, but he's staying alive. Perhaps more of his “dumb luck” at play.

Son of a bitch, give me a drink
Son of a bitch
This can't be me

He kicks one of the guys in the stomach and manages to escape the gang, fleeing towards the exit. He stops briefly at the door and flashes a lopsided, yet very cocky grin before running out the door.

Son of a bitch
Yeah ah

Ke runs out of the cantina, greeted by two law enforcement vehicles with their flashing lights.

Oooooh-oh….

Behind the officers is Ke’s father, Senator Hoban’ji Ogasawara, arms crossed, jaw tight.

The other men follow Ke out of the cantina, and scatter in different directions when they see the police.

Ke smirks, and has the audacity to give a slight shrug as he raises his hands into the air, accepting capture.
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Kremon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/26/17, 02:35:50 AM »
So I was pretty interested in this idea and wondered which character I ought to use to make the scen about, and which music to use. After some deliberation and a few test texts, I decided to use Exephos (Of course), to the song of 'Hurt' by Johny Cash.

If anyone's wondering when the scene takes place... Consider it a trailer of what's to come.

The music starts.

Exephos stood amidst the scene of carnage set before him, the dead lying around the shattered table, the destruction left behind.

"I hurt myself. Today. To see if I still feel."

He limped out past a corpse slumped against the wall beside the door.

"I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real."

Out in the corridor, there was even more dead. Pools of blood, security guards stabbed and gutted.

"The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting."

Still limping, with one hand pressed against a wound in his side, Exephos made his way down the corridor slowly, the other hand limply holding a large bloodied knife. Memories coming back unwanted. Scenes of gunning down civilians. People laughing as he had said he wanted out of the military.

"Try to kill it all away."

The familiar scenes of anguish and horror wouldn't be done away with, wouldn't be buried.

"But I remember everything."

Thousands dying in the collapse of a hypertower. Countless civilians maimed and tortured. The Republic's own protesters gunned down before his eyes.

"What have I become?"

Shad'ra and his battalion fleeing his presence, fleeing his warmongering and his hatred of everything.

"My sweetest friend."

Shad'ra, Ferin, Horsav, Den'han, Hoik, Tyreesus, Squad 39, Ringo, and his wife... Selina. All had left him.

"Everyone I know... Goes away. In the end."

No matter how much he fled from it, no matter how far he ran, he could never escape those memories, those faces of all those he'd lost. His pace began to quicken as he moved through the destroyed corridors, over the broken bodies of the dead, the destroyed husks of security droids.

"And you could have it all. My empire of dirt."

He moved practically at a run, trying to escape the facility. The voices of the past calling out to him, asking him why he had failed them.

"I will let you down. I will make you hurt."

He skidded to a stop as he came to the main lobby of the facility, where outside, past the windows, a battle line of troops dressed in black were setting up to gun him down.

"I wear this crown of thorns. Upon my liar's chair."

Was this the end? Perhaps he deserved it; perhaps it was better this way. An end to the suffering, to the death, to the constant nightmares of the past.

"Full of broken thoughts. I can not repair."

After all the innocents that he had slaughtered, after all the harm that he had caused, after all the misery had sown. This was justice, he deserved to have this end.

"Beneath the stains of time. The feeling disappears."

He walked forwards towards the door, prepared and reconciling for his death, before coming to a stop. What was he doing?

"You are someone else. I am still right here."

He would not die here, not to these people, these hit squads of the adversary, these traitors to all he'd ever known. No, he would fight. He would destroy them all!

"What have I become?"

Exephos burst through the doors to a hail of blaster fire, one round caught him in the shoulder but he catapulted himself into the line of soldiers.

"My sweetest friend."

His wicked knife catching one in the throat, before being stabbed twice into another. With his other hand, his blaster pistol gunned down three more. As return fire arced his way, he grabbed one of the soldiers and used him as a body shield.

"Everyone I know... Goes away. In the end."

They impacted against the poor soldier, before he slit his throat and leaped towards the next target, who tried to whip out his sidearm before being stabbed in the gut.

"And you could have it all. My empire of dirt."

Another got a shot off, catching him in the arm. With a growl, he grabbed him before flinging him into the other right before he shot them both in the head.

"I will let you down. I will make you hurt."

The last one, an officer of some sort tried to flee, to run away from his figure. Exephos hurled his knife at the man, catching him in the back. Even as he fell, he rushed forwards with a savage oath, pulled it out, before constantly beating him with the bloodied blade.

"If I could start again. A million miles away."

He stood, panting heavily, surrounded once more by the dead, shot twice, and still wounded in the side from earlier. It was over... But he had killed again. Slaughtered again.

"I would keep myself."

Was there no rest from it? Would he always kill? No... There had to be another option. Another way forwards.

"I would find a way."
Exephos; a haunted war-ravaged veteran.
Shad'ra; an indecisive ex-mandalorian.
Gharzog; a happy-go-lucky gun for hire.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/06/17, 02:13:01 PM »
((Taking much inspiration from @Kremon for using the open prompt to set up the next chapter in a story...I give you "All that I'm Living For" by Evanescence, as a lead up to the next chapter in the story of the Daughters of Ela. Story is here.))

All that I'm living for
All that I'm dying for
All that I can't ignore
Alone at night

The Rampart touches down with a *thud*, and the port stabilizing fin shatters from the wing. Belsavis repair crews, led by a dozen firefighting droids, rush to the ship. Medley quickly changes out of her flight suit and into a plain white robe, pulls her hood up, and leaves the ship. As she walks away from the smoldering Rampart, she doesn't hear the deck officer speak into his comm, saying, "it's Song Three, sir."

Medley is too preoccupied with her thoughts; she can see Alexandra slumped against a wall in Coruscant General, and Meagan walking across the Senate Plaza. She sees her Padawan, Sariyah, studying in the Jedi Temple Archives on Tython. And she sees a hooded Jedi in an ancient palace, on a volcanic planet where even the ground itself seems permeated by darkness, being run through by a red lightsaber.

Then she feels them.

I can feel the night beginning
Separate me from the living

They are reaching out to her again. Probing her thoughts and feelings. She is always vulnerable to them on Belsavis, as her suppressed frailty emerges from a distant shadow. She walks from the main hangar, through the prison administration center, and emerges into the crisp, open air of the minimum security section.

It's snowing. Sunlight glints off of each flake as they fall, and Medley sticks her tongue out, catching as many as possible. She giggles quietly to herself with each catch, and while the prison officers and soldiers glance at her with casual amusement, they pay no major attention to her presence. For all they know she's just a random Jedi, on a random task, with no effect on their lives.

They don't know who she is. No one does.

Understanding me
After all I've seen

Medley boards a speeder bike, and keys the navigation controls to the west. It launches forward, zipping past a platoon of guards, through the minimum security gates. War rages around her, as does the rain of blaster bolts, which she easily avoids. The prison uprising is still flaring, and she can feel every life slip away and back into the Force.

And with each death she feels, she becomes even more angry. She grips the handlebars of the speeder more tightly, and clenches her jaw. A bogwing hovers just to the side of the road, and Medley deliberately turns the speeder in its direction. It realizes its impending death, and before Medley's speeder can collide with it, it beats its wings and soars upwards.

Medley takes a deep breath, and keys the bike's autopilot with coordinates to the maximum security wing. She tries to relax, to calm herself, but visions of moments' past haunt her thoughts. The Sacking. The attack on Tython. The war on Voss. And Oricon.

The speeder slows to a stop at the northern edge of the maximum security section, near the special restraint cells. The weight of her emotions has caused her to shake, and she feels her mind begin to swim. She loses her grip of the handlebars, and tumbles from the speeder.

They are screaming at her now. Screams laced with darkness, with pain, with dread. Medley curls into a fetal position, pulling her knees as close to her chest as she can. She wants to scream back at them, but she knows that only makes them stronger. She is shaking, shivering, and feels herself slowly giving in to the dread...

...but then she feels the warmth. It soothes her, and she exhales a strained breath that she feels she had been holding for an eternity.

Piecing every thought together
Find the words to make me better

Medley struggles to her feet. While the screams of the servants of the Dread Masters still echo in her mind, another, more powerful voice is keeping them at bay.

She can hear her mother singing to her.

If I only knew
how to pull myself apart

---

All that I'm living for
All that I'm dying for
All that I can't ignore
Alone at night

Medley feels a renewed strength. She looks around, and finds herself standing at the sloped ramp that leads down into the thoroughfare, and into the Ancient Prison. With her head still spinning, she ambles towards the Aphor tree at the edge of the pathway. She sits down in front of it, and traces her finger across letters that have been etched in the trunk with a lightsaber blade:

M + K

All that I'm wanted for
Although I wanted more

The moment her fingers grace the surface of the bark, she sees the Zabrak's face. The dread retreats; her mother's melody goes silent.

Lock the last open door
My ghosts are gaining on me

Medley taps quickly at her comm, while ignoring the incoming messages from Alexandra, Meagan, the Republic Fleet, and the Jedi Council. There are dozens from her sisters, which means that they're alive. That is all Medley needs. She finishes her message, and leans back against the tree.

I believe that dreams are sacred
Take my darkest fears and play them

Her eyes close. Medley tries to focus on Tython, where she is immune to the voices of the Dread. She sees herself sitting by the stream in front of the Temple, feeding a Wingmaw the remnants of her lunch. She named that one "Fondness". And it is her favourite. It is not the largest of the flock, nor the swiftest, but it is perfect in its imperfection. Fondness coos softly at her. As Medley reaches forward to pet the top of its head, it lunges at her.

Like a lullaby
Like a reason why

She screams, and her eyes snap open. She is crouched on one knee, with both of her lightsabers drawn. The tips of the blades are anchored into the ground at her sides, searing the grass.

Like a play of my obsessions
Help me understand the lesson

The Dread screams begin again.

So I'll find myself

Medley sees herself in a classroom in the Jedi Temple - but on Coruscant - with a dozen Younglings seated before her.

So I won't be lost again

And then she sees herself in an ancient temple, on a volcanic planet where even the ground itself seems permeated by darkness, being run through by a red lightsaber.

---

All that I'm living for
All that I'm dying for
All that I can't ignore
Alone at night

A curious bogwing approaches Medley, and she strikes. Her lightsaber bisects the avian just below its wings.

All that I'm wanted for
Although I wanted more

She can feel the searing pain in the middle of her chest.

Lock the last open door

Medley forces her eyes open at the sound of the approaching starfighters. Three Flashfires swoop overhead, low and in formation. Sensor formation. It isn't one of the routine defensive squadrons that provided air support to the prison security forces. It is Republic Fleet reconnaissance. They are searching for something.

Guess I thought I'd have to change the world
To make you see me
To be the one

Medley sets her comm on the ground and stabs it through the center with one of her lightsabers. It cackles with the shock, but goes dark.

She thinks back to the encounter with Senator Picus. Cutting through his desk. Pleading for Belsavis and the prisoners within who were being forced into war and death and dread from a supposedly noble Republic who differentiated itself from the Imperials based on the value they placed on life. The anger within her grows from a simmer, to a boil, and then the pot overflows.

Medley stands, and her lightsabers emerge from the ground with a hiss. She sees a group of three Esh-Kha prisoners walking towards her, up the ramp that leads to the Ancient Prison. They have their blasters drawn, but lowered in defference, holding them parallel to their chest.

The Dread screams seize her mind, and she leaps towards them. With two swift strikes, the trio of Esh-Kha is rendered single. As the remaining warrior turns to flee, Medley reaches out and seizes him through the Force by the throat. She walks casually towards down the ramp, and drops the Esh-Kha off of the ledge, into the lava below.

I could have run forever
But how far would I have come
Without mourning your love

The closer she walks towards the entrance to the Ancient Prison, the louder the screams become. Medley tries to focus on the Zabrak, to picture herself staring into his emerald eyes as his hands wrap around her waist. To feel her hands caress the three horns that line his skull. To...

Please Small, turn back!

Two voices rippled through her mind.

---

All that I'm living for
All that I'm dying for
All that I can't ignore
Alone at night

All that I'm wanted for
Although I wanted more

Lock the last open door

Medley cups her palms to her ears, struggling to remain standing. Her knees are weak; she feels out of breath. She knows the voices in her mind, but she can't focus on them.

She sees the Zabrak restrained, his head precariously close to a fire. The left side of his head is being burned...she feels the left side of her face as if consumed by flame.

Should it hurt to love you?
Should I feel like I do?
Should I lock the last open door?

The Flashfire squadron banks swifly, their noses angling downwards towards her. They open fire on her position, bolts of red and green straffing the ground, and destroying the speeder. Medley leaps across the expanse ramp, into the Ancient Prison caverns.

She falls to her knees, closes her eyes and tries to catch her breath. And then another vision seizes her heart.

Medley sees Kamren looming over her, with a red-bladed lightsaber in his hands.

« Last Edit: 07/07/17, 06:00:45 AM by Ela »
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

es" target="_blank" class="new_win">Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2