Shoutbox

Author Topic: Pub-side spy roleplay?  (Read 6285 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Pub-side spy roleplay?
« on: 09/21/17, 09:51:14 AM »
Has there ever been any sort of SIS-themed RP on this server? I know that there used to be a ton of edgy imperial intelligence agents but i've never seen anything with their Republic counterparts.

If not, would people be interested in trying to organize some?

Also, what about law enforcement stuff like the Coruscant Security Force? That could easily tie in to counter-espionage and such, plus it sounds fun.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: Pub-side spy roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: 09/21/17, 02:19:24 PM »
I don't know of any community that runs this theme of RP currently, but I would certainly be interested if it sprang up!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/21/17, 02:48:43 PM »
I would be interested in such RP if it were to be brought up.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/21/17, 04:20:34 PM »
Chiming in with the same as above - Don't know any, but would be absolutely interested in it! I have a few politicians I could volunteer, not a lot of spooks Pubside though who are not Jedi spooks.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/21/17, 04:43:15 PM »
What would be the best way to go about setting something up? Also, Jedi spooks and police forces are probably fine, we're supposed to be on the same side anyway. :P

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/25/17, 05:00:00 PM »
SPIEZ

I wish I had time to contribute to this! Instead all I can offer is advice: Events! I recommend an inaugural event; plan something with some meat, such as bad guys to fight or a strongly-themed spy-related social/espionage scenario (gala with critical information being delivered, a VIP target being assassinated, etc etc), and require folks to attend with spy-type characters! Of course, you can get fancier than that if you want to, but those are just some quick suggestions for jump-starting a new sub-community of RP! Events with red meat to really chew on!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/25/17, 05:01:56 PM »
If I could plan events I wouldn't be asking here lol. I am so inept that trying to think of a plot causes black holes to form.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/25/17, 07:36:07 PM »
I recommend an inaugural event; plan something with some meat, such as bad guys to fight or a strongly-themed spy-related social/espionage scenario (gala with critical information being delivered, a VIP target being assassinated, etc etc), and require folks to attend with spy-type characters!

I'll do you one better.

• Host a political summit. Choose somewhere in-game with a spectacular view and a (dual-faction) neutral world. (Or use a Stronghold when all else fails.)
  • Invite the Republic, the Sith Empire, the Alliance, Hutt Cartel, and any other neutral body claiming dominion over a piece of the Galactic pie. (Gray Jedi, I'm looking at you.)
  • Players wanting to play their politically-minded characters can do so! Ambassadors, Nobles, Senators, Trade Envoys, etc.
  • Players wanting to play their spies can also do so! (Spies can be attaches, assistants, serving staff, security, etc.)

Everyone has their second or third-tier character they've been saving for events such as these, and those playing their spies can finally interact with the actual political face of the Galaxy.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/25/17, 08:15:32 PM »
I recommend an inaugural event; plan something with some meat, such as bad guys to fight or a strongly-themed spy-related social/espionage scenario (gala with critical information being delivered, a VIP target being assassinated, etc etc), and require folks to attend with spy-type characters!

I'll do you one better.

• Host a political summit. Choose somewhere in-game with a spectacular view and a (dual-faction) neutral world. (Or use a Stronghold when all else fails.)
  • Invite the Republic, the Sith Empire, the Alliance, Hutt Cartel, and any other neutral body claiming dominion over a piece of the Galactic pie. (Gray Jedi, I'm looking at you.)
  • Players wanting to play their politically-minded characters can do so! Ambassadors, Nobles, Senators, Trade Envoys, etc.
  • Players wanting to play their spies can also do so! (Spies can be attaches, assistants, serving staff, security, etc.)

Everyone has their second or third-tier character they've been saving for events such as these, and those playing their spies can finally interact with the actual political face of the Galaxy.

This would be very cool! On a big scale, though, so there would have to be a lot of people involved and interested.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/25/17, 08:56:00 PM »
It's ironic that this topic was brought up. I was thinking just the other day how fun it would be to play a spy type character.... And I sort of created a new alt with that thought in mind (hi, I'm Mei and I'm an altaholic).
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/10/17, 09:24:13 AM »
 The Wraiths had a detailed plot against darker elements of Sareesh's SIS and military apparatus during the zakuul invasion.   our attempts to help the Senate initially expose it got us exiled, although we later worked through journalists  and secret allies in the Senate,  Jedi  and Deep Core Empress Teta kingdom  to clear out names and help  get some of Sareesh's top lackeys exiled or arrested, just before she went after the Outlander.  We played that that move was out of desparation because Senate investigations were zeroing in on her.

So basically that plot wrapped, and Madon is officially pro-reform.   but it's possible certain black projects went underground- in particular we played with remnants of the Sixth Line Jedi being groomed into a fascist secret police under Saresh codenamed Protectors after most masters went into hiding the first yesr of invasion and she got her hands on orphaned students.   there were also several specific incidents like a data dump we got from anti-Saresh SIS agents, and sentient Rights violations against protesters on Duro  and other war torn worlds.   we also played out in detail something hinted in the codex,  that an attempt to arrest her by senior military leaders  was a trap that got many arrested-  the Wraiths were one of the few fleets to escape from that, faking our deaths with isotope 5 experimental drive accident.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11/10/17, 09:42:03 AM »
That sounds awesome. As someone with an anti-Saresh SIS agent and a former Sixth Line jedi, I officially approve of bashing the fash through these methods.

Also, that codex entry sounds interesting. I guess I know how my old vanguard died now, she probably would get shot trying to help with that plot lol.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/10/17, 09:46:19 AM »
Love to chat more if you'd like details of timeline and how it went down.  And be fun to help you plan any future spinoffs.  We had a lot of NPCs and details.

heading to work but I will try to send links to our event timeline later.  A few admirals approached us in secret to arrest her on secret Senate warrent in Empress Teta/Koros Major a Deep Core Bastion used tobhide the fleets from Zakuul- but whose Queen resented Saresh for abusing their hospitality.  The plan was to make arrest after sevral teams approached a trade meeting via sewers- but a key Duro Admiral and Madon sold us out, oddly though the Admiral tipped us off before we got to room and we fled back to our ships.  We didn't define casualties or details of other arrested ground teams but could have been fighting, 2 other Flag officers betrayed too.

Up in space a hotheaded Admiral who tried to fire on com stations during earlier fall of Coruscant to silence Senate surrender directly went after us.  An allied sub-admiral took brosdside on his ship so we could get away, many losses to his crew which later merged into us.  A sr officer of our guild planted a dummy computer virus to mask our "destruction" and let a few low level crew get away with deniability.
« Last Edit: 11/10/17, 10:07:22 AM by SivWysan »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11/10/17, 10:02:34 AM »
We might add nuance to Madons role as her puppet Chancellor seems to have eventually gone against her.  But we had him in room with her for the trap.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/10/17, 10:15:23 AM »
I wish I could plan a spinoff or something but I don't know who i'd even do it with lol.