Shoutbox

Author Topic: RP Venues  (Read 6545 times)

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
RP Venues
« on: 09/21/17, 05:08:32 PM »
Greetings all.

As a former role-player I know how important venue can be to a conducive, inspiring RP environment. While I don't RP anymore (I just don't have the time), I respect and encourage it on our server. I have, imho, some of THE best decorated strongholds on the server, and enjoy sharing them with others who appreciate the amount of work that went into creating them. I therefore wanted to offer silver keys to the guild leaders of any RP guilds out there so that you can use them as alternative RP venues. A silver key allows you to visit the SH when I'm not online, and it allows you to invite others to the stronghold. It does not allow you to make any changes. The two that I'm offering access to are as follows:

• Dromund Kaas apartment (Mourne's Imperial Sanctuary) - This SH is Imperial/Sith themed. It contains a guest suite, barracks, command center, operations room, med bay, throne room, and master bedroom.
  • Coruscant apartment (D'Virr's Republic Sanctuary) - This SH is Republic/Jedi themed. It includes a cafĂ©, barracks, research center, council chambers, med bay, library, and master bedroom.

Both strongholds are filled with aesthetic details, and no expense has been spared to make them look professionally done. My only request is that any erotic RP is done elsewhere. If you can't respect that, please don't visit the SH or I'll be forced to ban you.

If you're interested in using one of these SHs for RPing, Imp or Pub side, please contact me in game on one of the following characters: Mourne (Imp) or D'Virr (Pub). I'm not on my Pub as often, so if you're having trouble catching me online with him, send me an in-game mail.

Warm Regards,
Mourne

P.S. I'd love to add these two strongholds to the SH directory on this site, but I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone assist me with that?
« Last Edit: 09/21/17, 06:37:58 PM by Mourne »

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: RP Venues
« Reply #1 on: 09/21/17, 06:52:49 PM »
P.S. I'd love to add these two strongholds to the SH directory on this site, but I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone assist me with that?

Welcome to the site, Mourne! As one of our resident service droids (those Arbiter-brand restraining bolts itch sometimes) I'd be happy to help!

1. First, you need to actually click through into one of the four Categories (Cross-Faction, Republic, Empire, Flagships). This is the step that is most easily missed.

2. Once you're in one of the Category listings, you'll find that along the top another menu option has appeared: Add Stronghold. (You will find this in the row along with Strongholds Index / Add Stronghold / My Strongholds / What's Popular)

3. Click on Add Stronghold. Once in here, the interface is going to look very similar to making a normal forum post, and you probably won't have too much trouble navigating it. You'll want to be sure that you fill out all of the fields.

You can insert images into your SH listing just like you would in a forum post, and would just need to have the images hosted somewhere so the links point to it correctly.

If you're unable to get access to the Add Stronghold option still, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll dig into it further for you. Good luck!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/21/17, 08:36:26 PM »
Thank you, Niarra.

I was able to add my Imperial sanctuary to the directory, but it's not letting me add my Republic sanctuary. I keep getting an error that a description is required, even though I obviously included one.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/17/17, 02:16:36 PM »
I wanted to update this by adding that my guild has completed our flagship (100% unlocked), and imho, it's very well decorated. If you're in a guild that does not own a flagship and would like to RP on one, let me know and I'll extend a silver key to your guild leader so that he/she can visit it when I'm offline and invite others there. Again, my only request is to take ERP elsewhere.

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/17/17, 02:33:30 PM »
You can't give guild stronghold/ship keys to people outside of your guild, unfortunately. You need someone online to invite them manually every time.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/17/17, 03:12:51 PM »
You can't give guild stronghold/ship keys to people outside of your guild, unfortunately. You need someone online to invite them manually every time.

Well poop. Then what's the point of publicly listing flagships if players outside your guild must be invited?

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/17/17, 03:24:43 PM »
People might still be able to go to your flagship if it's publicly listed, but i'm not sure. I was just talking about keys, I honestly totally forgot about the stronghold listing feature lol.

Normal strongholds require the owner to be online on that faction to show up though, because bioware logic, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if flagships are only accessible when the guild leader is online. There's an easy way to check though, look for Flagship: Angelic Wrath somewhere low on the imp-side listing, I haven't logged in for several weeks so if it's there you're fine and if it's not then you do need invites every time.

« Reply #7 on: 10/17/17, 03:43:05 PM »
If it's publicly listed, people can get onto your flagship. The only people who cant are the people on the opposite faction.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10/17/17, 08:58:24 PM »
So yes, Gabriel is correct. If it's publicly listed, it can be visited when you're online. Squiggly is also correct. Keys cannot be given out to anyone outside the guild, and if you're offline and they are not in the guild, they cannot visit the flagship. Seems silly to me that such a crowning achievement can't be shared in the same way as regular SHs.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/17/17, 11:03:10 PM »
Seems silly to me that such a crowning achievement can't be shared in the same way as regular SHs.

They were doing you a solid and keeping the Trolls out of your hard-earned Stronghold... that is woefully lacking in quantities of hooks to be fulfilling as a Capital Ship anyway...
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10/18/17, 07:29:21 AM »
So yes, Gabriel is correct. If it's publicly listed, it can be visited when you're online. Squiggly is also correct. Keys cannot be given out to anyone outside the guild, and if you're offline and they are not in the guild, they cannot visit the flagship. Seems silly to me that such a crowning achievement can't be shared in the same way as regular SHs.

Other than giving out the keys - it works just like a regular SH.

But then I do agree - I've always thought it was ridiculous that people can only see your "publically listed" SH if you're online somewhere.  As well as SH not being shown across BOTH factions' public listings when you're online.

Just another one of those "huh?" things Bioware has done to this game since the beginning. /heh

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10/22/17, 12:08:56 AM »
I'm happy to announce that I've completed my Yavin 4 SH, and am now making it available as an RP venue. Please see the SH listings for more info, but this is essentially a Bounty Hunter/Imperial themed SH. It's the product of my BH (Ferrex) and his close relationship with the Empire, in particular, his alliance with my Sith Lord, Darth Mourne.

The SH is a fortress with a large military presence, and is used as a staging area for military operations in support of my characters. In terms of its use as an RP venue, it's not intended for general social events, but is instead tailored for RP involving the Imperial military and its use of Bounty Hunters. It was a monster to decorate well, and I hope you all enjoy it!

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10/22/17, 01:20:40 AM »
But then I do agree - I've always thought it was ridiculous that people can only see your "publically listed" SH if you're online somewhere.  As well as SH not being shown across BOTH factions' public listings when you're online.

Just another one of those "huh?" things Bioware has done to this game since the beginning. /heh

The system works for anyone from both factions to go to your stronghold if you just listed it. So if you log out you have to unlist then relist. I just tested this with The Eternal Order GM the other day. However it sucks that we can't have cross faction on ships for neat battle scenes. You can go to a guild ship on your faction even if no members are online as long as it is public, same with hq's.

Speaking of that The Revas Order hq on Yavin is open for any one who wishes to check it out or rp there. It is a military base with many defenses including an ion cannon, rocket a tank, mines near the cliff edges and small squadron of fighters, scouts and gunships. It includes facilities for mediation, long range communications, a large briefing, barracks with some entertainment, a trade hub, prison with 3 tiers of severity and a little secret lab and training area beyond. You don't have to worry about any attacks from while on this base I pity the fool attacking.

In addition The Seraphim Republic ship of The Revas Order is also available for rp scenes. For those looking for a scene ship that is lived in and can go to war when needed the Seraphim is there for you. A non traditional republic ship decorated with re purposed revanite and mandalorian banners along side republic and jedi banners. The ship has a battle bridge with AI core deep in the command deck, separate barracks for officers and regular members, A massive meditation room, intel and surveillance room, mandalorian training circle room right next to the top of the line medical bay, a room for ceremonies, cantina style mess hall, science lab, library with reading nooks, a multitech integration engine room( zakuulian, gree, rakata) and compliment of assault wing of fighters, gunships along with a stealth wing of scout ships, speeders and walkers.
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10/22/17, 02:25:44 AM »
The system works for anyone from both factions to go to your stronghold if you just listed it. So if you log out you have to unlist then relist. I just tested this with The Eternal Order GM the other day. However it sucks that we can't have cross faction on ships for neat battle scenes. You can go to a guild ship on your faction even if no members are online as long as it is public, same with hq's.

What? Did they stealth fix this?

Its always been limited to same faction only; only online (wether guild member OR personal SH)?

There is no unlist/relist - it unlists when you log out.

I mean if they fixed it awesome but...uhh I'm very confused now and not sure I understood what you said. lol.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10/22/17, 02:51:35 AM »
@Dezzrevas, a galley is the one thing I didn't include on our flagship (though I'm still considering it). I did include a brig though for any Jedi who want to visit their fallen brethren. Feel free to stop by, and I'll reserve a cell for you.   ;)

/ -->