Shoutbox

Author Topic: The Absent Thread  (Read 13093 times)

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
The Absent Thread
« on: 09/28/17, 02:50:18 PM »
Hello, folks!

I may be wrong, but I don't think we have an encompassing thread dedicated to people's short term absences. So! Consider this one an option if you need to leave a little blurb. :)

As for my own little blurb, I must inform you all that I will not be attending or hosting any Jedi Nights until December. I've been cast in a play and, unfortunately, I'm the only one of the cast who has a problem with Thursday evening rehearsals. Alas, poor Jedi Night, I knew thee well. I would still like to make myself available for Jedi themed RP (or in the case that a Jedi Custodum officer is needed), however, so please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to get in touch! Otherwise, may the Force be with you all.

Peace out!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Re: The Absent Thread
« Reply #1 on: 09/28/17, 07:21:41 PM »
Congrats on landing a part in a play, Dass! :grin:

And this is a good idea for a thread... I may take this moment to say that I'm not exactly 'absent' from the game, but I have taken to part-time/casual as my schedule/life/energy level seems to conflict with any in-depth (and even casual) RP sessions/game-play as of late. So, I'm not "gone" but I am "just around here and there".

:aww:
Mei
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/28/17, 07:35:02 PM »
I should probably also let people know that I'm absent both from game and RP as it stands, and most likely permanently.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/17, 07:35:20 PM »
Technically, I've been absent from the game due to my work and commuting taking up time. However, I do check the forums regularly if anyone needs to poke me.

Congrats Dass.  :grin: and Noooo Seb. :sigh:

And sorry Mei. I owed you an RP I think and I just can't do them right now. :umm:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/09/17, 02:09:12 AM »
It's a whiles away yet, but figured I should let everyone know that I have both a hard and a soft absence this month.

Soft absence - I am moving this month, so my life is pretty draining and hectic right now. I may not be available to the level that I normally am, and if I miss RPs or am not available, know that RL and stress is eating me.

Hard absence - 20th through the 24th is the actual move! I will have site access but not game access. Well wishes and good luck thoughts are greatly appreciated!

This is all badly timed since there are a few big RP things I'm involved in going on right now, but unfortunately, I did not plan this out well... was expecting to move in September, but that isn't the way life went! Hopefully I can cram those things in, but most likely I'll be getting online when I feel up to it. Expect to see me at Jedi night at least for sure, as always.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/18/17, 04:16:39 PM »
Reminded that from the 20th to the 23rd I will be gone! People can grab me on the site or Discord or the chatroom, but I won't be able to be in the game that whole time. Wish me good luck!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/20/17, 05:13:35 PM »
Think I should chime in on this thread...

Just to be clear from the get go, I'm not leaving SWTOR or this community, I seriously love you guys.

I'm just... regrouping a bit. Losing an rp partner is a bit of an emotional 52 pick up for me and I need some time to reorganize my characters and my story ideas. Add to that, school has been exhausting from before its beginning this year and I'm starting to realize just how much that's affecting me.

For the last probably four years I think I've been in SWTOR probably 360 days a year. This past August, I suddenly found myself lonely in game. Hadn't had that in a while. Too many people who stepped away, too many of the others who were just too busy with real life and I logged in one night, and all evening, OOC channels were silent on both sides and my friends lists were empty no matter who I was on.

So, for the first time, I started looking elsewhere. I've started playing BlackDesertOnline and have been finding myself just crashing in a whole bunch of crafting there most evenings since school started. I'm enjoying BDO and I'm set up for rp there, even though I haven't done more than a couple dabbles in rp there. I'm finding I'm enjoying the change of scenery and pace, doing new mindless grinding there rather than the old mindless grinding I've already done in SWTOR a couple dozen times when I'm just looking to lose the stress of the day before bed.

BUT I'm not planning on leaving SWTOR. I do still intend to get back to my Iokath searching for the parts of the key missions (I'm really hoping to get the next one going in November), as well as the offshoot I'm developping and I still intend to be at Dancer's Palace every week, other than the rare occasions when real life gets in the way or I'm not feeling well, and I have some other rp underway with some other people that I'm still planning to continue. I'm just not always hanging out in game all evening anymore.

Consider it a shared custody arrangement.

I can always be reached here though and usually see pm's pretty quickly unless I'm out, so if you have some rp for which you want me, please pm me!

Plus, one advantage of the server mergers, I've already opened up Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa and Yavin strongholds on Harbinger. Given that my current Nar Shaddaa and Yavin strongholds are permasets for community rp, and my Tatooine one is kind of in a permaset for private rp, suddenly being able to plan stuff on all three of those strongholds for running events is likely to push some new energy into my creativity!

*hugs to all who want them*

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/20/17, 07:56:08 PM »
@Noth - I hope your move is going super good! Always remember: when one is moving, it is perfectly acceptable to eat Mr Noodles and Pizza Pops for every meal of the day during said move.

@Seraphie - As someone who has been (and will probably always be) the song constantly playing in the background of SWTOR, who hops in and out of the game but never truly leaves, I get it :) We will always be here, until BW pries this game from our cold, dead, hearts! But BC.org is incapable of having cold, dead, hearts, so we'll always be here :)
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10/21/17, 08:47:44 PM »
Haha I missed this so started my own, included some character "background updates" for folks wanting to do anything low key.  But I'm easing in, maybe 1-2 Wraiths event a month I'm publicizing a bit more as work allows, lurking other times but dealing with difficult early morning shifts pushing me even more off server time. 

/threads/4972-0.html

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/22/17, 01:16:02 PM »
....ohmygodI'msotired

I'm dropping in to say hello and that I still exist! Still not much time for games I'm afraid, and I'm sorry if I've left any threads hanging. Work has been A Lot but I'm very happy. I'll still have to be away for a lot of time, but I hope all of you are doing well!!!
Zmaj: 32, Chiss agent, lover of intrigue wine
Caesiallus: 34, Twi'lek bartender, info-broker
Varinas: 40, Human Darth, archivist, former "diplomat"

Seem: 38, Rattataki Jedi Master, resident grump
Vashya'ati: 34, Togruta Jedi Sage, small-time archaeologist
Ash'tana: 32, Miraluka smuggler, trouble-finder extraordinaire

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10/22/17, 07:34:56 PM »
Love how this thread is sorta becoming a way for people like me  feeling guilty for being away to socialize a bit hehe.  Great idea. 

Offline droukhunter

• Shuca "Fitz" Fitzem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10/23/17, 09:28:57 AM »
I'm a lurker, so tbh I don't post here all that much, but I've basically all but quit the game. I'm struggling to find motivation to play the game, and on top of that school is taking up most of my time (and D&D/EotE is taking up the rest of it).

I'd still like to potentially RP my SWTOR peeps, but it'd probably be better to do so on a forum or pm basis rather than on an in-game one, mostly because of the amount of time I actually have.
icon art by snuffysbox on tumblr

I don't feel comfortable doing in-game RP anymore because I'm a slow writer. I'm definitely okay with play-by-post threads, though!

I run /r/swtorRP and help run /r/SWRoleplay.

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/10/17, 02:31:15 PM »
Leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, gonna be gone for 'bout a week.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11/12/17, 12:52:21 PM »
Hey everyone! Moving is not going as slowly as planned, so I've been out with sickness and RL stuff. <3 you all and hope that I can get back in game soon, but for now I'm focusing on other stuff while I work on RL.

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/23/17, 02:13:02 AM »
I'll be out on vacation to Philadelphia from today till next Saturday, the first. My schedule in game will be infrequent, but I will be checking the site and discord at the very least, so please let me know if you would like to schedule something!
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

pt>