Shoutbox

Author Topic: Squiggly's artsy things and worldbuilding  (Read 47077 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Squiggly's artsy things and worldbuilding
« on: 09/28/17, 08:45:26 PM »
I am usually not a drawing person. But trying to make an RPG campaign setting inspired me to at least try some sketching, and it didn't go 100% terribly! They're still fairly crap but I am actually satisfied, or at least I don't feel like scrapping everything which is basically close enough.

I might branch out into GW2 and SWTOR portraits, mostly the latter because I always wanted to draw Sith and Imperials. For now it's just generic space fantasy stuff tho.

edit: I updated some of these a while back with better shading or whatever so i'll put the new ones next to the old ones.

Mantle Sub-Officer

The primary military force of the Immortal Dominion of Sol is the Mantle, a highly trained professional army with strict physical standards and high-tech gear. They are split into the Order of the Navy and the Order of the Army, both having a rigid hierarchy and being subordinate to the Dominion's central church.

The standard attire of an army sub-officer is a suit of Auspice Armour, made of curved adamantine plates and an arasilk suit to provide effective protection against shrapnel or light particle beam fire. As sub-officers do not have a dress uniform, their armour tends to fill the same role as formal attire instead of being purely functional.

Alessian Librarian

Valoran Librarian

Librarians are servants of the Dominion's two goddesses, chosen from extremely powerful mages and enhanced by divine magic to become nearly immortal beings of incredible power. They are rare, however, and tend to live in secluded monasteries where they study without interference from the outside world.

« Last Edit: 08/03/18, 05:45:05 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Squiggly's non-insignia artsy things
« Reply #1 on: 09/28/17, 08:48:27 PM »
Wow.  These are very cool and creative.  I might have to commission you to design some uniforms and combat armor for IWSC.  :)

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/28/17, 08:59:46 PM »
If you do, I take my payment in Krytan gold and cute pictures of the fire keeper.

Also, this early 20th century tsarist artillery uniform is the most Imperial looking thing i've ever seen, so you should totally rip this off first. Seriously, it's just gorgeous.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/17, 07:31:33 AM »
I made a thing last week to celebrate Path of Fire's release in GW2. Don't question it.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/29/17, 07:52:51 PM »

Knight of the Aegis of Valora

The Orders of the Aegis of Valora are militant denominations of the Ecclesia, or the Immortal Dominion of Sol's central church, dedicated to the goddess Valora. Their members are warrior-priestesses who train extensively in both melee and ranged combat, far above any traditional soldiers in both martial skill and spiritual discipline. Knights of the Aegis are much fewer in number than basic troops, so they usually aren't deployed into combat unless a situation threatens the Ecclesia directly.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 08:58:15 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/04/17, 07:48:56 PM »
I finally figured out how to make hoods. Almost. It's close enough.

Priestess of the Dominion
The Holy Union of Alessia and Valora, often referred to simply as the Ecclesia, is the official religion of the Immortal Dominion of Sol. They worship the two goddesses Alessia and Valora, generally considered to be a benevolent sorceress and a vigilant warrior respectively. There are many different sects and denominations in the Dominion with varying doctrine or traditions, most follow the word of their first prophet in the Holy Typicon but others may hold different texts in higher regard.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 08:58:44 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/06/17, 08:49:09 AM »
I finally got around to drawing my sexy alchemist. Witness the potential of perfection.

Darth Vaal
Darth Malaji Inara Vaal, also known as the Witch of Dromund Fels, is a human Sith Lord with a deep knowledge of the force and dark methods of harnessing its power. She is known throughout the Order for her unparalleled skill in alchemy as well as her writings prominently featured in the Korriban Academy, though many Sith and Imperials have a strong hatred for her due to the controversial and violent methods through which she and her power base operate.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 08:59:45 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/07/17, 06:47:20 AM »

Lord Adaliss and Darth Zavy
Lord Adaliss Paran and Darth Zavy are the two current apprentices of Darth Vaal, serving her primarily as a bodyguard and a military commander respectively. The two have a strong rivalry with eachother, and both are extensively modified by their master's alchemical skill to the point where they can easily be considered as sithspawn. Like Darth Vaal herself, both Sith are originally from the Republic, Adaliss being a fallen Jedi similar to her master while Zavy was a Mantellian separatist for many years before being taken into the Imperial Army.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 09:04:55 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10/07/17, 10:33:34 AM »

Executor Csa'lir'idi
Csa'lir'idi (or Aliri) is a high-ranking chiss officer in the Imperial Military. She was born on Ziost to two Chiss diplomats, yet always desired to join the Imperial Navy against their wishes. She rose through the ranks quickly before eventually earning the favour of Darth Vaal and coming into her service as a military commander. Aliri currently holds the Sith-bestowed title of Executor, giving her supreme authority over the troops beneath Darth Vaal.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 09:05:52 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/07/17, 06:32:34 PM »
My pub spy looks sad, but it fits her by now I suppose.

SIS Agent Serama Lirus
Serama Lirus is an Onderonian special agent in the Republic's Strategic Information Service. While officially a member of the Counter Intelligence Corps, she usually works alongside Republic Army units to gather operational and tactical information for their troops.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 09:06:22 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10/07/17, 06:47:16 PM »
Squiggly, just wanted to say, I'm really liking your drawings!!

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10/07/17, 07:02:52 PM »
Thank you so much!  :aww:

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10/08/17, 04:00:52 PM »
Not sure what characters to draw anymore, so it's back to fantasy stuff!

Dominion Naval Officer (Commodore)
High-ranking naval positions within the Dominion are often based on wealth just as much as as on merit, with the vast majority of captains and flag officers being nobility on their homeworld. They should not be underestimated however, as even the richest naval officers are required to meet high standards in both physical strength and strategic thinking alike.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 09:19:10 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10/08/17, 07:18:33 PM »
1 - Love the drawings too!!

2- You could draw other's characters you know :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10/08/17, 07:49:10 PM »
I could! I would be worried about not drawing them correctly though, I tend to interpret outfits slightly differently than they are in-game. And the last thing I need right now is extra stress from worrying about doing someone's character wrong.

I would probably need to do a bunch of RP with them to get a feel for what the character's like anyway. :P

e17", "post", 1); // ]]>