Shoutbox

Author Topic: ((OOC)) Hello from the Harbinger!  (Read 7235 times)

Offline Foobiscuit

• View Profile
((OOC)) Hello from the Harbinger!
« on: 10/10/17, 12:26:58 PM »
Hello to Begeren Colony! I just want to say I'm very excited to see that my server, Harbinger, is going to be merged with an RP server! Due to the linked topic at the bottom of this page (I can't make the link not be a huge link), I decided to make an account and see what the BC RP is like before the server merge. I've enjoyed RP in other MMOs before (most notably WoW), and wouldn't mind getting some RP in once the merge happens.

Once again, I'm excited to see this development, and I'm looking forward to the influx of new players once our servers become Satele Shan!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=934111

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: ((OOC)) Hello from the Harbinger!
« Reply #1 on: 10/10/17, 12:46:14 PM »
Welcome to the BC RP community, Foobiscuit.  I'm glad you saw my message.  Are there any particular areas of RP you're most interested in (e.g., Republic, Imperial, pirate, military, social, etc.)?

Offline Foobiscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/10/17, 12:58:13 PM »
I don't have much of a preference. I have 14 characters on Harbinger right now, across all classes and factions. What I lack is a max level character, since I have alt-itis and I'm just now coming back after being out a PC for over a year. Most of what I've done in the past would be considered social, I'd imagine, just hanging around Silvermoon City and engaging in open world RP. That's not to say I won't try other areas, though.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/10/17, 01:04:58 PM »
Sounds like the best place for you to get started after the merger will be at Dancer's Palace, the community's weekly social event.  It's held every Friday at 9 PM server time.

Offline Foobiscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/10/17, 01:11:29 PM »
I'd have to find a Friday that I'm not playing my Star Wars D20 campaign with some co-workers. We've only missed one so far, but occasionally things will come up that cause us to cancel a week, I'm sure.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/10/17, 02:48:06 PM »
Another WoW veteran altoholic, eh? Good to know I'm not alone.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Foobiscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/10/17, 03:29:56 PM »
Another WoW veteran altoholic, eh? Good to know I'm not alone.

I still play WoW occasionally because to my friends it's the best MMO ever and anything else is inferior. I'm always looking for my path out to log into SWTOR.  All efforts to bring them over here have been in vain.

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/10/17, 04:45:30 PM »
Welcome to the community Foobiscuit. I agree dancer's Palace is probably the best place to start getting into rp over here. Good to see another d20 star wars player. I run a game every Sunday either Dungeons and Dragons (5th or 3.5) or d20 star wars(Revised Edition aka the 3.5 Star wars game). For some reason I can't get into the new star wars role playing game it just doesn't have the same feel as d20 revised to me.
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10/10/17, 05:55:33 PM »
Hey there! Welcome to our (soon to be Satele Shan) server community! :D

Dancer's Palace would be the best, but since you can't make that, we have a few other things that might interest you:

- Jedi Night is every Thursday. The host of this is usually the Jedi Custodum guild, but other people are welcome to host and run adventures as well! Sometimes it is hanging out at the enclave and philosophizing or learning, other times it is missions to various planets.

- Every quarter we do a Mando-themed event to celebrate the season. Keep a lookout around soltices and equinoxes for this!

- We're doing an IC Halloween party this month! Look for the thread for Babbo's Spirits Eve Spooktacular.

- Type "/cjoin republicooc" Pubside and "/cjoin imperialooc" Impside to join our OOC channels. These will let you talk to everyone here, and get involved in any spontaneous RP people are doing in SHs or the open world!

As for open world hubs, those aren't as active as they used to be with SHs making up the bulk of RP. But you can occassionally find some! Check the channels to see who's around and who might be interested
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/10/17, 06:01:41 PM »
Oh yeah if you want to get into operations make sure you /cjoin Krayt on both factions
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10/10/17, 07:14:42 PM »
Welcome!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10/10/17, 07:17:36 PM »
Hiya :wave:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10/10/17, 07:30:12 PM »
Welcome to the family!
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10/10/17, 07:47:43 PM »
Hey there and welcome! Glad to see someone interested in our RP for when the servers merge!  :aww: We're a kindly group and welcome you with open arms!!  :grin:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10/10/17, 10:56:45 PM »
Very nice to meet you. I'm happy to hear that you're a fan of table top RPGs.  Some of us have enjoyed that for years.  Star Wars Saga Edition is my all time favorite system to play.  Some of us on Begeren are a little anxious about what lay in store for the big merger.  Getting swallowed up by predominantly Harbinger players have made a few of us wonder how this might affect any attempt at open world RP.  I'm really happy to know there are others on Harb who actually RP as well!
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

v id="footer_section">