Shoutbox

Author Topic: OOC Introduction  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
OOC Introduction
« on: 01/19/18, 02:16:06 PM »
Good evening!

I'm a recently returned player.  Having been back in the game long enough to get comfortable, for the most part, I've been considering what to do in the light of the server merges, as well as the dissolution of my previous (small) playing group.  So, I've joined new guilds, am looking for new people to get to know, and figured I'd check out the RP scene these days. 

I used to RP in Star Wars: Galaxies many, many moons ago.  I haven't really done so in any MMO for years, at this point, but the urge is still there.  I can't help but create elaborate backstories for all my multitude of characters, no matter which MMO I'm in, and SWTOR is no exception.  I apparently cannot just make a char and go shoot stuff.  I have to make a char, then figure out what he or she wants to shoot, and why, and who does he/she know that might be willing to help him/her shoot stuff, and who has he or she shot in the past, and who are his or her family members and what look should he or she have and why and and and and and .... 

Other bits of info about me:
  • I have chars of both factions, naturally, but vastly prefer Imperial (specifically, Sith classes).
  • I'm fascinated by the history of the Sith, and spend entirely too much time wondering about their theology and the actual details of their religious belief system.
  • I work full-time, Eastern time zone, night shift, Wed-Sat at present, which does rather impinge on my gaming time, but I do rather enjoy being able to pay my bills, so that's unlikely to change soon.   :grin:
  • The Legacy Family Tree feature is one of my favorite aspects of this game.  I wish every MMO had something like that.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone.  I've not yet decided which (minor) char I wish to start RPing with, but will throw together a signature with the appropriate info or something similar, soon.
Now is the Pillar established in the Void; now is Asi fulfilled of Asar; now is Hoor let down into the Animal Soul of Things like a fiery star that falleth upon the darkness of the earth.

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/18, 02:20:21 PM »
Hello! Imperials and Sith are always welcome here, at least the ones who are actually evil and not just light-sided heretics. :P

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/18, 02:53:40 PM »
Welcome!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/18, 03:04:47 PM »
Welcome! Hope to see you at some of our weekly and not-so-weekly events!

In game, make sure you join the custom channels to find the bunch of us!

/cjoin Imperialooc
/cjoin Republicooc
/cjoin Rp (same both sides)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01/19/18, 03:34:51 PM »
Hey here, welcome! It's nice seeing more Imps joining. We need more RPers over there.

Echoing to make sure to join the custom channels. We don't have an Imperial themed event right now, and Jedi Night runs over your work schedule, but you should be able to make Mondays (Independents Night - bring your scum and villains to Rishi and enjoy the underworld) and the odd Saturday one-off event since we tend to do those earlier in the day.

Looking forward to seeing you in-game!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/19/18, 04:14:03 PM »
Repeating the welcome of everyone here! I look forward to seeing you in game. :grin:
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/19/18, 05:17:19 PM »
I love creating characters and backstories too!!! Everywhere I go! LOL You are in the right place, welcome to your new home (and I'll join you in cursing the need to pay bills, like, do they ever give us a month off? I mean really!!)

I'm both factions too, with clones of my mains (I have 4 at the moment).

And yes, join the chat channels! They are useful when shouting out in the mass crowd of players for RP. :music:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/19/18, 05:54:03 PM »
Hi and welcome some more. :wave:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline humanelf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/19/18, 08:06:03 PM »
Well I guess I should be one with the mass and welcome people... "welcome people."
The Tammer family

="_blank" class="new_win">SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2