Shoutbox

Author Topic: LFG Impside Dread Masters Ops!  (Read 11482 times)

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
LFG Impside Dread Masters Ops!
« on: 03/06/18, 02:13:33 AM »
HAI GAIS. So myself and @Jaydek are looking to do the Dread Masters Ops on Oricon, for a number of reasons. First being, there's some decorations we'd like that are super rare that we wanna see if they'll drop, second because I have never actually 'completed' Oricon before because I have done either of the Ops; though also because, why not?

So far we have myself as a DPS, and Jay can use her Sin to tank. Who would like to join us? :D  :darkside:
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
Re: LFG Impside Dread Masters Ops!
« Reply #1 on: 03/06/18, 02:43:29 AM »
I've never done it before, and am keenly interested, but I'm only available Sun/Mon/Tue nights.  What time were you thinking of running it?

Now is the Pillar established in the Void; now is Asi fulfilled of Asar; now is Hoor let down into the Animal Soul of Things like a fiery star that falleth upon the darkness of the earth.

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/06/18, 03:23:11 AM »
No idea yet, so keen to work around whatever schedules people have :) I do contract work from home atm so I'm easy.

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03/06/18, 07:19:56 AM »
I just remembered that non-subs can't do ops, I know I said I wanted to do these earlier but I guess that means I can't. :(

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03/06/18, 10:25:37 AM »
Can DPS. 10/10

Availability upon the public demand as well, so I cannot say what times would be inconvenient to me or not.

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline droukhunter

• Shuca "Fitz" Fitzem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03/06/18, 12:36:17 PM »
I can do any role, but my schedule is somewhat limited at the moment because school. I would prefer Sundays server time though, since I've got stuff pretty much every other day of the week at the time most folks (at least, the ones on the West Coast) are usually available.
icon art by snuffysbox on tumblr

I don't feel comfortable doing in-game RP anymore because I'm a slow writer. I'm definitely okay with play-by-post threads, though!

I run /r/swtorRP and help run /r/SWRoleplay.

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03/06/18, 02:57:33 PM »
Happy to put in a cameo appearance here. Also happy to call the fights, I remember pretty much everything but the specifics of the Styrak and final fights of DP.

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Wandering Warrior
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03/06/18, 04:31:13 PM »
I wasn't aware F2P can't do Ops, that kind of sucks :/

Would any of you plan on bringing a healer, or are we still lacking in that regard?  :rush:

Offline droukhunter

• Shuca "Fitz" Fitzem
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03/06/18, 06:18:18 PM »
Would any of you plan on bringing a healer, or are we still lacking in that regard?  :rush:
I can bring a healer, assuming it's a time that I can attend.
icon art by snuffysbox on tumblr

I don't feel comfortable doing in-game RP anymore because I'm a slow writer. I'm definitely okay with play-by-post threads, though!

I run /r/swtorRP and help run /r/SWRoleplay.

Offline Ash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03/06/18, 07:23:33 PM »
I can certainly attend and help out with the op! My schedule is open this week so if we are doing it pub side I can dps or imp side I can tank. Whichever one is needed I can do!
Pub side characters: Ash'ette, Shaan Lix

Imp side characters: Shaan-Lix, Jannet, Priestess Mava

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03/06/18, 08:26:19 PM »
Will definitely be Impside, @Ash ! :)

Alrighty, well I think that puts us at around-abouts 8-9 people, availability pending. The more the merrier of course, I have no experience to scale difficulty by smaller groups.

One extra thing I just wanted to note is that there will be newbies there, myself included (I've done one Op about 3-4 years ago) so keep in mind we'll probably be taking it slow, and patience for us filthy casuals is apprecied ;D

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03/07/18, 05:23:58 PM »
Niarra might be interested, not to volunteer her without asking; but she's run quite a few new to ops/casual runs with the intent of getting people into it. Perhaps we should ask?

F2P players can get a pass to run ops but those are expensive.

I can dps, and mayyyyybe tank if you need me to come in clutch; but I would need to know the date.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03/07/18, 05:46:00 PM »

Passes of any kind for non-subs were removed with KOTET, so there is no way for F2P players to do ops anymore.

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03/07/18, 06:07:39 PM »

Passes of any kind for non-subs were removed with KOTET, so there is no way for F2P players to do ops anymore.

That is very disappointing :(

And thanks, LVT! IDK how many tanks an Op usually needs, so far I think we have two. I can also come tank on Bælfir if necessary, though I do prefer to DPS on my lil mean green fightin' bean. I finally have rotation down pat~ Only took me four years

Anyone who hasn't yet stated their availabilities, please do so, in Server Time if you can :)

@Niarra , tagging you! :aww: Interested?
« Last Edit: 03/07/18, 06:10:28 PM by Auryn »

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03/08/18, 07:39:47 PM »
@Niarra , tagging you! :aww: Interested?

Normally I would say yes, but for the time being I am afraid I am completely overwhelmed with other Game Mastering / Guild Mastering / RP (and even occasionally the rarely squeezed in RL) commitments. I am trying to remind myself I need to learn how to realistically assess my available time.  :omg:

At some point in the future, when some of these commitments are completed, I may have time opening up again, and if folks are still trying to organize or plan PVE runs I will keep an eye out and help when and as I can.

When (and if, IF) that time comes, I also might consider reviving the BC.org Community Operations runs I tried to organize last year. Unfortunately, as other commitments took some of our team members elsewhere (inevitable, that's just life), in the end we just didn't end up having enough interested community members willing to commit to the project on an ongoing basis to keep the group running. However, since that time, quite a few folks have come back to SWTOR, so it may be that that could change. Anyone who is interested in learning how to run Ops and seeing all of the game's Ops content might want to take a peek at my old thread on that project from last year. Any of the posts after the original post aren't necessary reading as they were just (now irrelevant) volunteering/scheduling talk for the time, but if I were ever to try to resurrect the project everything I laid out in the original post would still stand. If we have new or newly returned community members genuinely interested, there's no harm in throwing a quick post up on that old thread. In the event it ends up being a project with a realistic chance of being resurrected, it would be good to know which still-active community members might be interested.

Sorry I can't be of immediate help with your Dread Masters project! Good luck, though, and have fun! Some of those fights are really very interesting, some of the more mechanically varied in the game. You'll definitely want to make sure someone has read up on the mechanics before you head in (unless part of what you're going for in the experience is learning things purely through trial and error, which can be entertaining but certainly more time consuming).
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

1); // ]]>