Shoutbox

Author Topic: Themaya - Looking for the Next Score - Class Mission  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Welcome the first mission in the Smuggler Class Story for my world, Themaya.

Here's how you move through it.
  • Read through a thread until you come to a choice.
  • Choices are hidden in spoiler tags so you only see the path you chose as you play through it.
  • Follow the "Continue the Story -->" links to progress through the story.
  • Look for the option that fits where you are in this story and what you accomplished in game.

As you go through the story, imagine it as if you were playing through a mission in game. If all my best plans go well, some choices will lead to different outcomes, will affect how companions and other NPCs  feel about you, and may lead to helpful or not so helpful surprises down the line.

To that end, look out for highlighted bits of information such as *Risha is Offended*. Highlighting will help you to pick out some of the more significant events and items. In the case of highlighted reactions from companions and other NPCs, these are actions that they will remember and may act on later.

Due to limits on time and energy, you'll notice that your character is mostly referred to as they. I'm afraid I just don't have it in me to do full duplicates for male and female chacters. I will use her and him when necessary though. In game, some options and situations only applied to male or female smugglers, so references or follow ups on those will match accordingly.

To jump around or revisit missions, head back to the main Themaya thread to start a mission from the beginning. Also, feel free to leave feedback on threads through votes on the posts you like, PM, or leave a post in the main thread. May the Force be with us both on this journey. :grin:
Themaya Hub Thread

_________

CHAPTER 6
Themaya: A World of Opportunity

The galaxy waits on edge...

The SITH EMPEROR has disappeared into parts unknown after draining all life from the Imperial world Ziost. Republic and Sith Empire alike anxiously await his next appearance.

The SMUGGLER has returned to building their underworld empire and taking the odd privateering job. However, things between the Smuggler and the Republic are not as lucrative as they once had been.

See it in true Star Wars crawl form here on Youtube. Please excuse the typo. It took hours just to get it working this much. Warning the Star Wars music may be loud.

Looking for the Next Score

The lounge of the freighter had the lived in look of a room that had seen victories, defeats, and and a few parties for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The crew scattered around a table in the corner where a battle of wills of and skill played out.

The captain leaned back in smug nonchalance waiting for the next hand to finally be played.

Smuggler: You know Guss, you could just throw in the towel now and save yourself some trouble.

The Mon Calamari's brow furrowed in deep concentration as he turn strategies and outcomes around in his head.

Guss: Oh no you don't. You're not going to rattle me. I finally got you right where I want you.

The smuggler smirked at the padawan turned smuggler and gave an indulgent shrug. Akaavi leaned dispassionately against the wall as Corso perched near the table grinning like a monkey Lizard.

Corso: Come on Guss, you know the captain could probably fleece a Hutt faster than gundark on wheels. Better give up before you end up with extra refresher duty.

Risha sat in a nearby chair watching the game only as a concession to her boredom.

Risha: This would only be the 7th game of Sabaac you've lost today, Guss. What's one more?

Risha sarcasm was half-hearted as she still had nothing better to do. She leaned her head against her hand when Bowdaar growled from his stool nearby.

Bowdaar: <This is boring. We've been waiting to find the Emperor and we rot here instead.>

Mention of the incorporeal menace lurking unfound in the stars sent involuntary reactions around the room. Facing a monster that had sucked all life from a planet, when last seen, unnerved even the hardened among them.

Smuggler: No offense Bowdaar, but I think I can put off finding the Sith Emperor for one more day. But I get your point. Things have been slow around here. Ever since that truce on Yavin the republic hasn't had as many jobs for us. Our arrangement with the Republic isn't exactly paying out right now.

Risha: We've gotten more excuses than credits as of late. That's no good when you're trying to create the greatest underworld Empire since Nok Drayen's.

You completed all of Risha's companion missions
Spoiler: show
Risha gave the smuggler a knowing smirk.

Smuggler: I guess finding his treasure wasn't enough huh?

Risha: No that was just a start. Nok kept his people in line by showing them who's boss and who brings in the the money. We need a score, a big one. Something that will get people talking. Fortunately, for you I know just the thing if you'll go for it.

Continue the Story -->

You have not completed all of Risha's companion missions
Risha: Nok kept his people in line by showing them who's boss and who brings in the the money. We need a score, a big one. Something that will get people talking.  Fortunately, for you I know just the thing if you'll go for it.

Continue the Story -->

« Last Edit: 04/10/18, 07:57:35 PM by Imazi »
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Re: Themaya - Looking for the Next Score - Class Mission
« Reply #1 on: 03/20/18, 06:48:06 PM »
Risha rose from her spot to retrieve information that had been burning a hole in her datapad ever since she had received it.

Risha: I got some interesting information from some contacts of mine and this idea might just be crazy enough to work. Can't be worse than anything else we've done. The Thes Cavi Expanse is a region of space that sits right between Republic, Imperial, and Hutt space.

Risha transferred her map to a nearby holo projector displaying the region for the whole crew. The region made up a "small" area within the triangle between Taris, Balmorra and Quesh.

Risha: This region is known for a particularly potent and expensive form of hypermatter fuel. It's popular with gangsters, politicians, and various other people with more money than brains. Fortunately for all of the production hubs, this region sit right at the crossroads of three major buyers. I hear business is booming and that's starting to draw some negative attention their way.

Akaavi looked over the region before directing her attention back to Risha.

Akaavi: How does that affect us exactly?

Risha grinned like she had the keys to the Republic treasury.

Risha: Seems they've developed a little Imperial problem as of late and could use a hand dealing with it. Not to mention it's been implied that certain elements within the Republic would appreciate it if they had less competition for buying fuel. If we play this right, we can make one run and get paid twice. Once by these factories the Imps are harassing and once by the Republic for making good on that privateer contract.

Dialog Options

[Flirt] I like the way you think.
Smuggler: Brains and beauty. That's what I've always loved about you Risha.

The smuggler turned up the charm hoping to get a reaction out of her.

Continue the story -->

Getting paid twice? I love it!
A grin the size of Nar Shadda in waxing crescent spread across the smuggler's face.

Smuggler: This is great Risha! We get paid and then we do our duty to the republic and get paid again. Where do we start?

Continue the story -->

Won't that affect the truce with the Empire?
Doubt colored the captain's expression as they weighed in.

Smuggler: Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of getting paid again, but won't this risk destroying the truce?

Risha: Maybe, but you can't make a fortune without cracking a few skulls. At least that's how Nok did it.

Continue the story -->

I don't know about these "sources".
Smuggler: How do we know this isn't just a set up?

Risha: You should know me by now captain. My sources are solid. Since we're legitimate republic heroes, I figured it would hurt to keep our ears to the ground in legitimate circles as well. You'd be surprised what a few favors can buy in the right places.

Risha folded her arms as she spoke.

Risha: One thing you can be sure of, whatever the Imps are up to, it's causing a lot of trouble for the republic and there's a lot of chatter about it if you know where to look. We should be able to get a the republic to pay good money to take care of this problem outside of "traditional" channels.

Continue the story -->

That's a stupid idea.
The sarcasm was strong as the smuggler questioned the idea.

Smuggler: So you want us to just swoop into possible enemy territory sitting in the middle of what is probably contested space on the word of some random "sources"? Because everyone one is going to agree to pay us after the fact. Really Risha?

Risha took offense and a defensive stance.

Risha: When have I ever let you down about a payoff? I may not tell you everything up front, but I always verify my info. We'll get paid...

*Risha is offended*

Risha: You should know me by now captain. My sources are solid. Since we're legitimate republic heroes, I figured it would hurt to keep our ears to the ground in legitimate circles as well. You'd be surprised what a few favors can buy in the right places.

Risha: One thing you can be sure of, whatever the Imps are up to, it's causing a lot of trouble for the republic and there's a lot of chatter about it if you know where to look. We should be able to get a the republic to pay good money to take care of this problem outside of "traditional" channels.

Continue the story -->
« Last Edit: 03/21/18, 06:11:06 PM by Imazi »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/20/18, 07:38:45 PM »
If you are not in an active relationship.
Risha smirked and responded in a coy but teasing manner.

Risha: Why captain, you're going to make me blush.

Continue the story -->

If you are in a relationship with Risha.
Risha smirked and replied with smug self assurance.

Risha: I know.

Continue the story -->

If you are in a relationship with Akaavi.
Akaavi folded her arms and spoke slowly as she carefully chose her words.

Akaavi: I hope that you have not grown stupid enough to insult me to my face and think you will live.

There was great hostility in her response.

*Akaavi is offended*

Continue the story -->

If you are in a relationship with Lana.
Risha smiled before rolling her eyes at the serial flirt masquerading as a ship's captain.

Risha: Just make sure you don't start loving it too much. I'd hate to see what a jealous Sith Girlfriend looks like. I doubt it will end well.

Continue the story -->

If you are in a relationship with Theron.
Risha smirked in amusement at the Smuggler.

Risha: Better make sure your spy boyfriend doesn't find out. Next thing I know I'll start finding him snooping through my mail or digging for skeletons

Continue the story -->

« Last Edit: 03/22/18, 03:12:20 PM by Imazi »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03/20/18, 07:40:53 PM »
Dialog Options

Getting paid twice? I love it!
A grin the size of Nar Shadda in waxing crescent spread across the smuggler's face.

Smuggler: This is great Risha! We get paid and then we do our duty to the republic and get paid again. Where do we start?

Continue the story -->

Won't that affect the truce with the Empire?
Doubt colored the captain's expression as they weighed in.

Smuggler: Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of getting paid again, but won't this risk destroying the truce?

Risha: Maybe, but you can't make a fortune without cracking a few skulls. At least that's how Nok did it.

Continue the story -->

I don't know about these "sources".
Smuggler: How do we know this isn't just a set up?

Continue the story -->

That's a stupid idea.
The sarcasm was strong as the smuggler questioned the idea.

Smuggler: So you want us to just swoop into possible enemy territory sitting in the middle of what is probably contested space on the word of some random "sources"? Because everyone one is going to agree to pay us after the fact. Really Risha?

Risha took offense and a defensive stance.

Risha: When have I ever let you down about a payoff? I may not tell you everything up front, but I always verify my info. We'll get paid...

*Risha is offended*

Continue the story -->

« Last Edit: 03/21/18, 06:09:37 PM by Imazi »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03/20/18, 08:03:47 PM »
Dialog Options

I didn't mean anything.
The captain quickly threw up his hands up in surrender to allay the anger building beneath the calm tone. He flashed her one of his familiar "charming" smiles and spoke.

Smuggler: Come on Akaavi, you know it would take more than a herd of bull rancors to take me away from you.

Akaavi sat quiet gaze piercing through the smuggler seated before her. She allowed just enough time for menace to build before relenting.

Akaavi: Fortunately for you, that is the correct answer.

Continue the story -->

Lighten Up.
Giving Akaavi one of his best "charming" smiles, the captain attempted to flirt his way back out of his previous mistimed flirt.

Smuggler: You know Akaavi, it wouldn't kill you to relax a little and be a little more playful. Even Mandalorians relax sometimes.

Akaavi would have none of it.

Akaavi: Mandalorians celebrate hard won victories and the loss of our brothers and sisters in worthy battles, but we never waste time in idle play. Nor insult our lovers and call it a joke.

The Smuggler sighed and relented.

Smuggler: Look Akaavi. I'm sorry.

Akaavi: Hmph...

*Akaavi is not amused*

Continue the story -->

We need to talk.
Smuggler: Hey, actually Akaavi. Could we talk in private later?

Akaavi: Do not worry. We will have words later.

*Akaavi is not amused* 

There is danger in her tone but she holds her thoughts until later. There is a definite hostility to her tone.

Continue the story -->

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03/20/18, 08:35:48 PM »
Risha: First things first, before we can get paid we need to head to the center of all of this. My contacts tell me the main action is happening on a world called Themaya. Once we get there we'll need to ingratiate ourselves to whoever is in charge.

The holodisplay shifted focus to zoom in a rocky world in the vein of Balmorra.

Guss: You know this all reminds me of this guy I once knew. Used to sell fuel for speeders and swoop bikes. He never made it big like he thought he would. He used to always say that he was just waiting for his business to blow up. I guess he got his wish. I hear they're still finding bits of him in the ceiling.

Disgusted faces made the rounds across the room as Guss continued.

Guss: We got a back up plan in case this all goes south? I'd rather not wind up pate on some wall.

Bowdaar: <Kill imps and avoid anything explosive that we don't plant.>

Smuggler: I kinda have to agree with Bowdaar on that one. Avoiding the fuel might be the better back up plan.

Risha: Well, I wouldn't be too hasty. With proper handling, hypermatter fuel is perfectly safe for transport. If we can relieve a production line  of some finished goods, we may be able to turn a third profit selling the fuel on the black market. We can just blame the theft on the Empire and collect our credits. Did I mention that this fuel is very expensive?

Guss: Well, when you put it that way. No risk no reward, right?

Risha: Right.

Akaavi: Payment had better be worth the extra effort to secure the cargo.

Risha: Believe me, it will be.

Corso: I don't know. I kinda like having my arms and legs attached to my body. Can't we just get paid twice and call it good?

Bowdaar: <I don't care. Anything to get off this ship and back into fresh air!>

Corso: Yeah, well I won't argue with you on that. Your fur could use a little fresh air. You mind brushing your teeth too?

Bowdaar let out a disgruntled roar.

Bowdaar: <Better than listening to you whine about your farm and livestock. There's no glory hiding and shoveling ronto muck.>

Corso: Why you furry...

The Captain cut abruptly into the conversation.

Smuggler: Hey! That's enough. I'm the captain. I make the decisions. We're headed to Themaya and we're getting paid three times. Everybody prepare to head out. It's time to start earning credits again.

Akaavi: I care not for the credits, we have earned plenty. I only hope that we find a worthy foe. We grow soft chasing targets that the Republic is too weak to crush itself.

Bowdaar: <Perhaps there will be a challenge in defeating the Imps this time.>

Akaavi: Or perhaps in acquiring the fuel. If it is that valuable, it is worth much to someone to protect.

Guss: Well, if you don't want your cut can I have it?

Akaavi glared at Guss from across the room.

Akaavi: No.

Her reply was swift and stern. Guss wisely dropped the topic.

Corso: So I'm the only one that thinks that maybe we could scale back a little?

The smuggler and the rest of the crew stared pointedly at Corso.

Guss: Yes.

Corso sighed in exasperation and gave up.

Corso: Fine. I guess we're gonna steal us some hypermatter fuel.

Dialog Options

That's the Spirit Corso!
Smuggler: Attaboy Corso! You'll feel better about it when you've got those credits sitting in your account.

Continue the Story -->

Shut up Corso.
Smuggler: Anytime you want to leave and head back to Ord Mantell you know where the space lock is.

The smuggler gave a dismissive, irritated look in Corso's direction before turning their attention back to Risha.

Corso: I'll keep that in mind Captain.

His pronunciation of the word captain was stiff and unusual. Each syllable had been fully pronounced.

*Corso is offended*

Continue the Story -->

[Flirt - If you romanced Corso and completed his companion missions]You're gonna leave your me in danger?
Mischief flashed in her eyes as the captain rose from her seat to and drew near to Corso. An exaggerated tone and subtle gestures, a sway here a light touch there, prefaced her attempt to get a reaction out of him.

Smuggler: You're weren't really gonna let me walk into all that danger by myself were you? That's not the Corso I know.

Corso responded as quickly as he could unstick his tongue from the roof of his mouth.

Corso: Captain even if you decided to walk right into the heart of the Empire I'd be there with you.

He rose to stand next to her and hold her hands.

Corso: I meant what I said captain, if you gave me a choice between you and the rest of the galaxy. I'd be right here. At your side. Always.

Corso grabbed the Captain and drew her into a passionate kiss. Risha flinched before interrupting almost as soon as the kiss began.

Risha: Alright, enough of that. Some of us would rather not have our lunches reappear for an encore.

The couple broke the embrace as the captain gave Risha an irritated look and took her seat at the table across from Guss. Corso sat back down with a completely self satisfied smile before he gave Risha the cheekiest grin he could manage.

Continue the Story -->

[Flirt - If you didn't romance Corso or complete his companion missions] I like men who aren't afraid of danger.
Mischief flashed in her eyes as the captain rose from her seat to and drew near to Corso. An exaggerated tone and subtle gestures, a sway here a light touch there, prefaced her attempt to get a reaction out of him.

Smuggler: You know Corso. I've love a man who's not afraid to spit in the face of danger.

Corso's eyes lit up and he sat up straighter.

Corso: Captain, for you, I'd do a whole lot more than spit in its face. If you want that Hypermatter Fuel. I'm you're man.

He spoke with the utmost sincerity and hope that he still had a shot at the Captain's actual affections.

Continue the story -->
« Last Edit: 03/21/18, 08:27:39 PM by Imazi »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03/21/18, 05:46:43 PM »
You Completed All of Risha's Companion Missions
The smuggler cleared their throat before they mumbled under their breath.

Smuggler: Yeah, nevermind that my skull was one of the ones he tried to crack.

Risha pretended like she didn't hear the comment and continued.

Risha: Besides the truce is bound to break eventually. We might as well get our money while the getting is good. Especially since the Republic's not going to have money to throw around forever.

Continue the Story -->

You Have Not Completed All of Risha's Companion Missions
Risha: Besides the truce is bound to break eventually. We might as well get our money while the getting is good. Especially since the Republic's not going to have money to throw around forever.

Continue the Story -->

« Last Edit: 03/22/18, 02:55:02 PM by Imazi »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03/21/18, 08:22:09 PM »
Risha: Enough funny business, everyone get ready. This is going to be a wild run and that's if we make all the objectives.

Guss: Yeah, yeah, just wait a minute will ya? I gotta beat the Captain at this hand first.

Guss gestured back to the forgotten table and game of Sabaac. He laid his cards on the table triumphant and convinced of his win.

Guss: I accept all major forms of payment credit chits, bank transfers--

He was abruptly cut off by a flourish and revealing of the Smuggler's hand.

Smuggler: Sorry Guss. Guess you'll have to wait until the job is over to get paid.

Guss' mouth flapped in shock and disbelief as he looked at the table.

Guss: But, but... I had you. I...

Smuggler: Sorry buddy. Shouldn't count your Orochicks before they hatch.

The captain rose from the table and surveyed the crew.

Smuggler: Already everybody, let's make some credits.

Dialog Options

I want to speak with Risha
Smuggler: Hold on Risha, I want to speak to you while the others get ready.

Risha: Me? Don't worry I'll give you more information about the mission when we get there.

Smuggler: That's not all I wanted to talk about Risha.

Risha sighed.

Risha: Alright.

The others left to make their preparations leave the two alone in the lounge.

Continue the story -->
<< Return to Main Mission Hub

I want to speak with Guss
Smuggler: Hold on Guss, I want to speak to you while the others get ready.

Guss: Sure thing Captain. Hey... wait a minute. If this is about those cases of Kaltavian Dung Beetles that got on board. I didn't know they were going to switch packages on me.

Smuggler: Wait, what?

Guss: Oh... that wasn't what you wanted to talk about.

Guss shuffled nervously under the Smuggler's gaze.

Smuggler: We apparently have a lot to talk about.

The others slipped out leaving Guss to his latest caper as the time approached to head to Themaya.

Continue the story -->

I want to speak with Corso
Smuggler: Hey Corso, we need to talk while the others get ready.

Corso: Uh, me? Sure thing Captain.

The others left the two to their conversation and made what preparations they could in the time available.

Continue the story -->

I want to speak with Bowdaar
Smuggler: Hey Bowdaar, can we talk while the others are getting ready?

Bowdaar: <Yes but not for long. I have to prepare.>

Smuggler: Yeah, I know you're eager to get off the ship, Bowdaar.

Bowdaar settled in a bit as the others left to make preparations.

Continue the story -->

I want to speak with Akaavi
Smuggler: Hey Akaavi. I need to speak with you.

Akaavi: Fine, but hurry. The task ahead will not be easy and I must prepare.

Smuggler: Yeah, can't keep those worthy foes waiting, huh?

Although the Smuggler made light of her need to hone her skills through combat, Akaavi had become accustomed the Captain's nonchalance. She merely folded her arms and waited for them to speak as the others left.

Continue the story -->

[Skip straight to the mission to Themaya]
The crew filtered out of the lounge to make what preparations they could think of before they arrived in system.

Continue the story -->

((Incomplete until the next missions are posted))
« Last Edit: 04/10/18, 07:58:31 PM by Imazi »

dify: true, iBoardId: 50, iTopicId: 5104, sSessionId: "ca2a4be7cc279e3c86b1ff2bf8c2c355", sSessionVar: "a5f62df", sLabelIconList: "Message Icon", sBoxBackground: "transparent", sBoxBackgroundHover: "#ffffff", iBoxBorderWidthHover: 1, sBoxBorderColorHover: "#adadad" , sContainerBackground: "#ffffff", sContainerBorder: "1px solid #adadad", sItemBorder: "1px solid #ffffff", sItemBorderHover: "1px dotted gray", sItemBackground: "transparent", sItemBackgroundHover: "#e0e0f0" }); } // ]]>