Shoutbox

Author Topic: 6.0 Patch Notes  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
6.0 Patch Notes
« on: 10/21/19, 05:16:19 PM »
Well, they finally pushed out the patch notes for the expansion, and it's a bit on the long side...

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

...but, some of the more interesting changes?

Preferred Status players at level 75 can now earn Renown XP at a 25% rate.
Free to play players can now play 10 Warzones per week (up from 5).
Free to play players can now receive rewards from 10 Flashpoints per week (up from 3).
Free to play players can now play 10 space PvE Missions per week (up from 5).
The lockout for Story Mode Operations is now 24 hours (previously a weekly reset on Tuesdays).

Gasp, maybe the game will actually seem like a real "Free to Play" game at some point!
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Re: 6.0 Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: 10/21/19, 07:42:42 PM »
Sadly, in order to appreciate these improvements, I'd have to raise my current quota of Warzones, Flashpoints, and Operations from its' current number of ZERO.

If there isn't significant Quality of Life improvements that ALSO encourage even a small number of us to role-play together again for any meaningful reason, then I am not the target market for the rest of the changes.

I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/22/19, 07:04:48 AM »
I IMMEDIATELY started laughing when I read this Jedi set bonus:

'Perfect Form

(2) +2% Mastery
    (4) Slash and Blade Rush deal 5% more damage.
    (6) Slash, Blade Rush, and Cyclone Slash add Vicious Thirst stacks to their targets, stacking up to 5 times. Killing an enemy with Vicious Thirst stacks increases your damage by 3% per stack for 10 seconds.
    Source: Increased drop chance from PvP Equipment Crates.'

I'm just imagining Yoda teaching Luke how a true Jedi needs Vicious Thirst stacks to increase damage by 3% per stack for 10 seconds.

EDIT: Yeah, all the abilities are named after Sith stuff. The Jedi set bonuses are all named stuff like 'Lord of Pain' or have special maneuvers named after Tulak Hord and shit. I know this is a tiny thing, but it's SUPER alienating to me when they do this kinda shit.
« Last Edit: 10/22/19, 07:07:11 AM by blingdenston »
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/22/19, 08:06:24 AM »
Huh - I wasn't paying attention so I didn't realize how they misnamed Jedi set bonuses and such... wow.

All I did notice was

1: The actual game impact to most of us "casual" players is just the stuff we'd be playing through with the new story content.   Using the new end level (another 5 levels?10? i can't even remember what max level is now lol) that lets us gain experience through another chapter of content.  However long that playthrough takes.

2:  The vast majority of this "expansion" (or whatever it is) and probably about 90% of "changes" (content) in the patch notes alllll had to do with RNG drops for Set Bonuses you now get to grind at end game.  That's it.  That's "the big update."  Adding in upteen dozens of end game sets for each class so you have "reason" to grind end game content.  All of which are RNG drops from flashpoints, raids, or loot boxes.   The point of getting sets - for 2/4/5/6 piece set bonuses.  That's it.

So I'll sub for the month as I was planning on doing that just for the day or two it will take to see the ACTUAL new content.  And see no further reason to sub as nothing has changed from before.  And I see the game continuing to take a downward spiral.

Much as Geek commented - for it to matter that freee-mium players get 10 runs, they have to start doing one or two.  Good on them for relaxing the rules - but we all know its only because they have no choice and not because they got more player friendly (ha...).  Probably too little too late.  I can't think of a single friend who was playing freemium who will come back now that they get 10 runs of anything vs. 1(or none).

And unless there's some large number of players who are still grinding end game for the sake of grinding end game - all of the additions with this patch won't be saving anything.  All I see is tons of RNG based loot.

Oh, and a free respec! 

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/22/19, 09:51:20 AM »
I only counted five terms related to storms or electricity in the Sith sorcerer's new stuff. Five. Is this what passes for zapping these days? You can't just give the Jedi no force lightning abilities and then not give the Sith all force lightning abilities, that's terribly unbalanced. Now excuse me while I go play AC/DC's Thunderstruck on my electric guitar with a tesla coil amp repeatedly until Bioware fixes this serious flaw.

More seriously, I don't think a lack of super special new content is an excuse not to get back into roleplay. The game can't make up all your plots or manage your schedules, all it does is provide a background, and it'll do that just fine whether you're on some fancy new planet or on Ord Mantell! It's not like you even have to pay or play for it really, if you unlock unified colours then you're set to roleplay without a subscription forever lol.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/22/19, 12:29:34 PM »
The only thing that is of interest to me is this;

New Planet: Mek-sha - Built in a mined-out asteroid once controlled by the Hutts, Mek-Sha has become a crossroads for the entire galaxy: a lawless den of smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, traders, and refugees where opportunity and danger can be found in equal measure.

I don't trust them enough to not Faction-gate the area or have Instances that are only accessible during the story, or in solo play.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/22/19, 06:57:46 PM »
I am relatively hopeful that this may help us bring our RP community together. The only issue I worry about is worsening Schrodinger's galaxy.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/22/19, 08:02:45 PM »
I am relatively hopeful that this may help us bring our RP community together. The only issue I worry about is worsening Schrodinger's galaxy.

Having played it from the Imperial perspective... the jury is still out.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10/22/19, 10:27:58 PM »
Having played it...

Avoiding spoilers @Joshmaul, can you say in general terms is there even a reason an Independent would be involved, or go anywhere near a Hot War zone?

It's one thing to write a story for the Republic and Sith Factions, it's another to not even attempt to give lip service to a "smuggler", "bounty hunter", or "spy".

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/22/19, 10:57:24 PM »
Having played it...

Avoiding spoilers @Joshmaul, can you say in general terms is there even a reason an Independent would be involved, or go anywhere near a Hot War zone?

It's one thing to write a story for the Republic and Sith Factions, it's another to not even attempt to give lip service to a "smuggler", "bounty hunter", or "spy".

Difficult to say. Without giving TOO much away, there is a fellow in the story on Mek-sha who MAY be of interest to a Mandalorian. I sided with the fellow in question when given a choice between him or his rival, and he had me kill the rival... chances are the rival might have you kill HIM. Couldn't say for sure, though.

Beyond that... in all honesty, short of being an opportunist who happens to pick one side or the other when it suits them, I would have to say no. The line seems fairly clearly drawn.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

v>