Shoutbox

Author Topic: Making it Clear We're on Satele Shan  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Making it Clear We're on Satele Shan
« on: 08/12/20, 12:08:45 PM »
I kinda feel like we need a way to make it clear to newcomers that the BC.org community is on Satele Shan and that we're still kicking. We might not come up on searches as easily now that the server name has changed.

Any ideas?
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Making it Clear We're on Satele Shan
« Reply #1 on: 08/13/20, 08:11:11 AM »
No immediate ideas, but a good question and I'll give it some thought.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/14/20, 09:11:31 AM »
Only things I am thinking:

Is there a board/forum for Satale Shan (or some large community therein)- anywhere?  That would be a place to leave/bump an advertisement every few months or something.  The official forums or anywhere else the community might have forum/discord/etc. pages?

I would say trying to see what comes up on a google search that yields this place - adding the tag in the descriptor or whatever; but I'm not sure that's possible?  I don't know what determines those tags or summaries when you google search.

Otherwise there really is nothing else to do for it. (?)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/15/20, 11:41:16 PM »
So here is the board for Satele Shan on the main SWTOR.com forums. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=451

Interestingly enough, this forum is still the top google result for "begeren colony server rp" but it doesn't even show up on the first page for "Satele shan server rp".

I think you are right Karmic, and I think we probably need to refer to the server more in posts so that web crawlers can pick up on that. We probably need an RPers Wanted ad on the main forum. Unlike with guilds, no one needs to join here so it's more like asking people to drop in for RP events and let them know this community still exists.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/25/20, 10:01:51 PM »
These are some important issues I've been wrestling with for a while too... don't want to make more work for our hardworking admins, but I wonder if there are some simple fixes we can crowdsource. Its frustrating the server swap basically edged out visibility out of existence.

(I do still wonder if some ways to eventually slightly modify our main displays to make it easier for new members to find- like Begeren Colony.org on Satele Shaan Server... maybe an Announcement post stickied with new player info could help short term too)

@Dassalya was trying to get some Open World RP recruiting going for Custodum and I may help them, we do it time to time with the Wraiths too, though its been harder to get really committed folks like in the old days. But there was a population bump this summer and with COVID lockdowns so its still a prime time to try something.

I know our calendar has been pretty dead, but may try and start getting some open Wraiths RP's posted anyone is welcome to.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/25/20, 10:11:02 PM »
I'm not sure how we ended up there, but it looks like there was an effort by some of these SWTORISTA aligned pages and Twitter Accounts to try and reach out to our Roleplaying Guilds and add them to their pages last year.  Some specifically noted our site as ideal Satele Shan folks to talk to.  Might be worth looking more into these contacts. 

Twitter thread talking about us, specifically wants more connections here:

https://twitter.com/swtorista/status/1111311650362032128?lang=en

The larger multi-server Guildfinder Jedi Custodum somehow ended up on:
https://www.swtorfancommunity.com/guilds/

Their pages on navigating the different guilds and roleplay etc. 
https://swtorista.com/articles/roleplay-servers-in-swtor-rp-servers/
https://swtorista.com/articles/how-to-find-a-great-guild-in-swtor/#Satele_Shan_Guilds

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/29/20, 10:27:41 PM »
That's awesome Caben. Nice find. We might have to network a bit to get word out again.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/30/20, 11:01:24 PM »
The larger multi-server Guildfinder Jedi Custodum somehow ended up on:
https://www.swtorfancommunity.com/guilds/

That was me! I've been particapting in Swtorista's guild finder efforts on Discord and the guild finder website. I didn't want to speak for other guilds (primarily because I don't know who's still active), but I believe anyone in a guild can add it to the finder.

As for making this site in particular more recognizable... there are ways to make it show up better in searches, but I'm not sure how to do that myself. I think it would require some work on the part of the administrators.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/04/20, 04:05:58 PM »
Thanks for doing that Dass.  :grin:

Part of me suspects that just referencing the Satele Shan server more often might help the site come up on the map more. But I'm sure there's stuff that can be done on the site admin side too.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/07/20, 03:38:18 PM »
Thanks for doing that Dass.  :grin:

Part of me suspects that just referencing the Satele Shan server more often might help the site come up on the map more. But I'm sure there's stuff that can be done on the site admin side too.

Hey, you're welcome!

And on that note: Satele Shan, Satele Shan, Satele Shan, Satele Shan, Satele Shan, Satele Shan, Satele Shan, Satele Shan!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

y: inline; visibility: visible; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;">SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2