Shoutbox

Author Topic: Anyone interested in some military RP?  (Read 3613 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
Anyone interested in some military RP?
« on: 12/22/20, 06:48:52 PM »
For a while now I have been doing a lot of small two-person plots, it didn't occur to me until recently to ask if anyone else here is interested in joining or starting some similar small RP things. Most of them are military in nature, or at the very least in a military environment, the latter being things like doing archaeology in the middle of a battlefield and testing new alchemical beasties in urban warfare and stealing shipping logs from Imperial ports.

If anyone is interested in joining the war, I have some general plot hooks on both sides and I can probably make up more specific ones for specific characters. I do want to know if anyone actually is interested first though, I would be sad if I typed up an introductory paragraph and then nobody cared.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in some military RP?
« Reply #1 on: 12/22/20, 07:56:26 PM »
I'd be open to some ideas especially since the wraiths are still a military Guild. I also have a character who is a Jedi archaeologist.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/23/20, 09:59:23 AM »
A Jedi archaeologist would be interesting, and I have been wanting to get more into Jedi stuff! One of the Imperial plots I was doing was following the trail of a Rakatan proto-sithspawn supposedly entombed on Onderon, that could easily be adapted for pub-side RP, though the reason it got put on hold was because I couldn't find any good open world RP spots for it... But archaeology is easy in any case, you just make up an artifact and go on a quest to find it lol.

There's another idea I have that would be a great fit for both Jedi archaeology and military heroics, but I am still trying to work it out in my head.

Tbh I never know what to do with the Wraiths though, I have never been particularly interested in (or good at) integrating independents. Did you ever make a decision on rejoining the Republic?

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/23/20, 11:31:10 AM »
Alderan probably has some good caves and ruins for archaeology. Onderon also has caves all over the place.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/23/20, 03:47:24 PM »
I also have a very intensely traditionalist Massasi Sith, loosely connected to Moraie but who joined too late to really be active during their height. He is definitely interested in traveling the Galaxy to preserve Sithculture and is a bit aligned with the pro pure blood faction similar to the flashpoint related to that (does not completely shun outsiders studying Sith Ways but considers those who come purely for their own power to be exploiters and traitors to his culture).I sadly made most of my Empire characters after roleplay had basically died but I would definitely be open to doing more with them and have some friends making new characters too..

We haven't had enough members active for a bit until recently for me to take a formal poll but the Wraiths did begin to move towards the Republic cautiously and it is a plot I'm continuing to develop. We basically made contact with some SISs and other Republic figures who were interested in sending us work while respecting our independence, and I sort of saw that moving towards some of the stuff that happened in the later expansions although I'd rather not make the final decision myself for the whole Guild. We did clear our name and are able to be recognized as Republic citizens and work within their borders again, but any likely agreement would be a very heavily independent Privateer fleet contracting with the military rather than formally falling directly under the chain of command again. we just don't trust them but we are willing to explore relations that would help keep our operations running in return for helping to defend their borders and protect refugees near Sith and Hutt space. Basically like special ops and underworld private contractors who still function as something of an independent autonomous fleet in neutral and outer rim Republic space.

The. Wraiths also still have close ties to the Custodum aligned Jedi and various Jedi underground and relief organizations. We helped to establish some defenses and our own base close to Tython during the period the Republic basically abandoned them so we still have pretty good direct relations with the order and try to help them out from time to time. (A whole plot where we basically explored the system becoming a bit autonomous during that whole period of strained relations, exploring some of the old planets and figuring out how to develop more in system trade like in the ancient times).

Onderon one of my favorite planets in Old Republic lore and I would love to be involved in something from either side of the factions. It is relatively close to Wraith operational centers in the mid rim (we basically have major bases on tatooine and also closer to Kashykk and Mek-Sha, basically on either side of Hutt Space. My Jedi is most closely aligned with Tython itself because she was stuck there for some time when the Jedi were in hiding and under supplied by the Republic, she is Arkanian some family influence from that world although she has rejected a lot of her families wealth and corruption in the biomedical industry and less ethical experiments. She is mostly an independent wanderer at this point continuing some training as a Journeywoman Knight with available Masters and trying to seek out adventure and ancient sites to make up for all the time she was stuck as the oldest Padawan who wasn't allowed to graduate from Tython and had to keep babysitting everyone else due to the lack of Masters. She does work with both Wraith and Custodum Jedi, but it's pretty flexible and constantly on the move.

As far as caves go you should check out some of the canyons and caves that are part of the normal swoop routes on Onderon. They are pretty extensive in the South Central area of the map, along with the actual Sith catacombs more in the southeast.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/23/20, 03:51:06 PM »
So you are thinking this would be an in-game event? I'm also open to doing some groundwork in the forum but that would probably get us the most people especially if I could synchk it up with some of our Guild activities. (I'm talking to Dass about cross promoting events to Custodum as well now that I have officer status in both which might turn out some more people)

As a side note has anyone managed to actually get into the Dxun Moon operation? I'm desperate to check it out just for screenshots and exploring but hard to get a queue for it.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/23/20, 06:38:13 PM »
If there was enough interest I could totally turn some ideas into full events, but I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to coordinating those lol. And I don't expect to get that many people in the first place, at least not all at the same time, scheduling is a bitch especially with me being on the east coast. Plus I despise using rolls or other forms of infuriating RNG as pervasive elements in RP, and those seem to be the norm for events.

I will definitely check on Onderon for new locations, I never explored it before because I didn't know there was bolstering until the Feast of Prosperity event started. It's close to my heart as well, I have like 3 characters from Onderon split between the two factions! Kind of confused on the current in-universe status though since I can't go through the story, it seems to be in a low-intensity civil war/secession dispute rather than an outright invasion, yes?

As for Alderaan, I have tried to explore it for an unrelated archaeology plot, but all the spots I saw with potential for ended up being full of wild amounts of enemies. Not even faction-specific enemies, usually it was House Ulgo, which is a pain for both sides. :/ I do know of two specific faction areas that are quite nice, didn't end up using them though.

I was going to try checking Belsavis next because it has the scary lava, big pits, and dark Rakatan tombs that make for good evil monster prisons, plus it's jungley enough outside to work as an Onderon substitute.

It would be easier to discuss in-game or on discord, but what imps do you and/or friends have other than the mandalorians? I usually prefer Imperial RP, though I really only have one generalized hook for them right now since I have no fellow Imperials to do anything with, unless you count a Chiss liaison but I don't because I can't ever figure out something solid to do with her lol. Lately I have been thinking a lot about the Empire's weird experiments though, particularly non-alchemical genetic manipulation to match the extremely alchemical genetic manipulation I am currently screwing around with.

As for Sith, I am honestly not great at getting specific things for Sith to do that aren't just repetitive mutations of earlier mini-plots, granted that may be because I have already done every single thing that isn't straight warfare. That said I haven't done any Sith politics in years, and most of mine lean towards tolerance and efficiency over wacky posturing, so that could make for some interesting dynamics. Plus a Sith can fit just fine into basically anything Imp-side, and if they want to fight a pragmatic war under a competent leader my main is currently invading Lianna, which is my current general purpose Imp-side military hook.

I might be able to come up with something for a wandering adventurer Jedi, but right now I have no plots or ideas there because I don't know what I am doing when it comes to Jedi. I have one who's a traumatized loner, that may be a good fit, the other two (the ones in the Wraiths guild OOCly) are more warfare/espionage focused.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/23/20, 07:40:50 PM »
Totally up to you how big you want things to get, of course- I am happy for any RP, though most of ours lately have been posting a time and 2-4 folks showing up, nothing too big. I'm also EST along with our newest member who has lots of time, right now wraiths are about 50/50 EDT and MDT.

I haven't played both sides of Onderon yet, but
Spoiler: show
It was basically a King trying to make the whole planet defect to the Sith, and being deposed/fleeing into exile offworld with the Empire when it failed in the end, at least from the Republic side of the story. The local Senator was working to help the planet choose a new King- but if the Empire version was significantly different we could quantum-assume there to be low level turmoil still between factions over the unresolved succession. Its definately not open civil war on the level and duration of Alderaan, though. There is also a Beast Rider faction that is not openly hostile to Izizz at this time period, but they are still fiercely independent and trying to preserve some of the old ways and end up pulled into the Palace intrigues.

For what its worth on Alderaan I have both an Alderaan and Mannan Stronghold (the roof and streets of which) I also design to be parts of my Alderaanian "Blue" Jedi Enclave and the holdings of House Vel-Korr, and could be adapted if needed for a plot. I've got everything but the Killik cave area unlocked.

Belsavis could be fun. I found the new Onderon a bit too small and squat in some ways, could see Belsavis and Yavin being good for some of the wildest corners.

My sense of active Imps is pretty small- although a few of us DID just join a new guild that's growing and seems interested in RP. We're still feeling it out, but myself and 2 other most active Wraiths all have Imp characters at present. Nykell is also back and looking for more RP, though I don't know if he does much for Imps. I could ask. Serephie was trying to help Karmic fix the Moraie guild after someone stole it and booted us, though I don't know if they have plans for much RP, always worth asking. ;)

Jedi stuff's easier for me. If I can help you brainstorm. My newest player Ara also has 2 Jedi alts she's looking to flesh out more, and a new Sith and Mando too. My own Mando Clan is a sub-group of the larger inactive group, but the current big Wraiths plot is a flare up between my former Wraith-friendly Coalition Mandos with some Hutt, Dar'Mandoa and secret Sith players over a ship a few Wraiths MIGHT have helped the Mandos steal from Hutts slavers as the last war died down. Its going to build up a bit more slowly, but could be fun to flesh out some of the Empire-side players and nemesis more with some other PC contacts. It also ties into some Cather history of a few of our players, including one whose colony was raided and enslaved by some of the Sith-backed Dar'Manda who have popped up again and he has been hunting them for some time to find his sister.
« Last Edit: 12/23/20, 07:43:08 PM by SivWysan »

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/24/20, 11:31:34 AM »
Hey if someone else is providing the plot - I'm always happy to come out and RP Karmic.  Moirae can also be involved in whatever way any individual players like for themselves - and Karmic icily can be a part of RPing that out (or not) or Rping the 'official' side of things that way if anyone wants to flesh out their RP.

However, Karmic is not setup as a true Darth antagonist for PC Players (as most people already here know) so while I"m not interested Karmic being anyone's 'gad guy foil', nor for the Moirae guild to play a DIRECT "bad guys we are beating in our plot' role - I am open to most other types of Roleplay plotting and interaction.  We just tend to stay away from direct opposition "bad vs. good" or "Jedi vs. Sith" because of the ooc drama that always follows when you have IC winners/losers.  (Again this is involving against PC players, NPC factions or characters have no issue playing in direct opposition with).

Karmic as an individual character can find a reason to be included for all types of plotting - even ones not so Empire Friendly.  So if there's stuff going down i'm always happy to find a reason to include her for the RP interactions.

Moirae as a guild is solidly more 'staunch Imperial/Sith' but not to the point that they cut their nose off to spite their face, as it were.  They will also involve themselves in factions and missions even if it might also benefit the Republic, as long as the Empire also benefits.  They have been used to act against even Sith/Imperial faction (friendly fire) targets - if those factions or individuals are proving themselves to be more of a liability or harm for the Empire than they are worth.  So as a group they may have less autonomy than Karmic herself to "cross the faction line", but that doesn't mean the group or its individuals can't be involved in various ways that doesn't have to 'break' anyone's IC RP logic. 

Just let me know (here or PMs) if any of that sounds useful to those who are interacting with these plots - or if anyone needs any help with fleshing any of what I've mentioned out in order for you to involve your characters/Moirae - etc. 

Karmic I can usually fit almost anywhere that isn't "only jedi/republic allowed" plotting - so if you guys let us know ahead of time when/where RP stuff is happening I can at least get her involved.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/24/20, 06:51:08 PM »
Oooh the return of a @Karmic to some plotting would be so amazing!

you know that your character is openly trusted as far as most of my Republic Wraith and Jedi circles go...  Although given the messy history with Kezie maybe a bit more cautious about the larger Moirae organization. Still I'm definitely interested in any possibilities. As far as our larger metta plot goes we are specifically hunting down some disgraced Dar'Manda slaving on behalf of a individual somewhat shadowy Sith, so it's possible Karmics anti-slavery interest might be attracted long-term. (All those these seem to be more short-term smaller plots).

But I would seriously love to do some imperial stuff as well.. In particular anything that might help get my character Fyr a chance to more properly work with Karmic or Moirae. As I recall things standing he basically pledged his support to her cause but things were somewhat in limbo during the Zakuul era. While I would still like to learn more about the guilds long-term agenda, he is a fierce traditionalist Sith who would be willing to oppose any individual putting the Empire or Pureblood community at risk for personal gain or petty politics. He's basically a warrior caste is zealot but with his own Honor code that makes him a bit less full-blown Dark side than some even though he doesn't embrace the powers and ethos of the Sith code in an older more noble sense.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12/26/20, 10:45:40 AM »
I don't ever plan to do anything with players as antagonists or even with characters from both factions in general, so that sort of drama and risk of painful death shouldn't be an issue! Outside of a few private plots for character development, I am mostly doing pure loyalist stuff against NPC enemies. And maybe one day I will figure out how to fit Sith opera into RP.

And you're welcome to join in any stuff here, Karmic. I don't know your guild or character to say when they'd be a good fit, but I might try to post any planned open world RP here, so if you see anything interesting (and if the schedule works out, because let's face it, scheduling is the scary part) we can certainly bring you in.

@SivWysan I would appreciate any help with Jedi plotting, or whatever else the Jedi call it when they organize the death of their mortal enemies! I doubt I would get involved with any of your mandalorian stuff imp-side though, none of my Sith have any reason to care about a non-military vessel stolen from a third party, and I am not super into cross-faction fighting/rivalries anyway. Even my main pub characters likely wouldn't care, they may approve of beating up slavers but the war is more important and lets them beat up slavers anyway.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12/28/20, 01:07:48 AM »
Just pinging in here to say I'm interested! I have a variety of characters that could fit; although, admittedly, that variety is broader on Pubside than Impside.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/09/21, 07:59:48 PM »
It's been a few days of me stressing out over not knowing exactly what I am doing next, but I have something! One something per side, in fact. Technically more but these two are the best I have for now.

It might be a bit early to ask since I haven't found suitable open world locations for either hook, but what are people's schedules generally like? I can make any day work, but time-wise the latest I would be able to start is around 10 EST/7 PST regardless of the day, later than that and I just wouldn't be awake for long enough to actually get anything done.

Right now I have no real preference for either side. In the meantime before dates and locations are figured out, I am perfectly willing to do generic battles or simpler casual-ish military RP if that would be easier for character introductions to set up future RP. It might even be preferable to do that, would make it easier to get a feel for what everyone's characters are best suited for.

Republic
The idyllic world of Corsin has put out a distress call to any Republic Military forces and Jedi Order representatives in the sector. A surprise Imperial invasion led by Lord S'jira of the Sphere of Sith Doctrine has rapidly overwhelmed the local Army garrison and occupied the capital city, supported by a flotilla of two C-type Terminus-class destroyers, one Undying-class cruiser, and an indeterminate number of Lash-class assault ships.

What's worse, Lord S'jira has begun to dig for something beneath the capital, using enslaved locals in her excavation efforts. Whatever she's after is calling out faintly through the force, and not in a pleasant way. A possible CBRN hazard is also present, as scouts have reported Imperial Reclamation Service troops in full HAZMAT gear near the dig sites, a measure typically reserved for only the most dangerous of Sith alchemists' tombs.

The Valor-class cruiser Sommos was the first (and so far, only) Navy asset to respond, deploying marines from the 251st Special Reconnaissance Regiment less than two local days after initial contact. They don't have enough manpower or firepower to contest the invasion on their own, however, and large-scale reinforcements are at least 10 standard days out. Judging by the Empire's current progress, they may not have that long before Lord S'jira finds her prize.

Imperial
Sith Intelligence has just uncovered that Republic Admiral Lirat Zijara is planning to send an experimental superweapon-equipped vessel, the Clarion, to break the Siege of Lianna. The Clarion is equipped with a Null Field Projector, a technological hybrid of a captured Gauntlet tachyon beam and the Republic's own null cannons which can wreak havoc with the electronic systems of an entire fleet at long range. Even more dangerously, it could be used to shut down the Empire's surface-based gravity well generators which prevent Republic vessels from leaving the system for repairs or resupply.

Currently the Clarion sits in port on Lantillies, the closest Republic dry dock to Lianna capable of servicing capital ships, as it still requires some last-minute diagnostics and upgrades before its first combat test. A swift attack on the port could not only destroy the ship itself, but also eliminate a major Republic Navy staging ground and make it that much harder for them to sustain a war effort in the Tion Cluster.

Unfortunately, Lantillies is heavily fortified for these exact reasons, both on the ground and in orbit. Any attack on the port will have to be either extremely swift or part of a full-scale invasion. Darth Vaal herself is now assembling a task force to handle the situation, and she has requested urgent assistance through Imperial Military channels.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/20/21, 04:06:14 PM »
Ooooh, those both sound good, @SquigglyV, and I would love to participate in either or both. I'm also happy to start with some smaller/more casual sessions to (re)introduce characters if that is the general preference.

If you need help setting up or running things, please let me know!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01/25/21, 01:41:43 PM »
I'm also definitely still interested, apologies for the delayed reply I wish it was easier to get notifications from here.

For either plot I could potentially invite a couple of people from my normal Wraiths RP circle. We have a few new members of
Moirae, some Mando's as well as our main Republic characters.

Schedule wise Saturday and Sundays tend to be best for most of my folks, ideally before 9 EST Saturdays, we could do a bit later on Sundays but
Preferably not much past midnight EST. I can personally do an occasional weeknight if it's between 8-Midnight EST, Wednesdays and Thursdays tend to be better at this point.

right"> SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2