Shoutbox

Author Topic: I, Droid (Luring in Elix Darykon Branch)  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
I, Droid (Luring in Elix Darykon Branch)
« on: 05/05/21, 08:13:31 PM »
[[OOC: This thread is for XN and Ziziya's pursuit of more information about XN modules from Elix Darykon, the head of Relion Logistics. Once this branch has been explored, the RP will pick back up in the main thread: [Open RP] I, Droid ]]
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: I, Droid (Luring in Elix Darykon Branch)
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/21, 09:39:23 PM »
Ziziya takes XN with her into the Palace office and sits in front of the office terminal, "How about I start by looking at what I find about him on the holonet? That might be useful in composing the invitation. Let's see what his business profile looks like, what events he goes to, who his high profile friends are, if he's particularly close to the Hutt cartel, a specific Hutt or any other cartel, if he has a family, where he comes from." She starts typing away at the terminal, calling up the holonet access.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/06/21, 03:50:51 PM »
The first holonet site listing to come up is the Relion Logistics official site. The loud colors of the site give it a garish look and a classless first impression that is only exceeded by the excessive number of Darykon pictures littered throughout.

The site contains the usual information regarding the types of services provided, a little about the company, and far too much opinion about Elix Darykon.

About
Spoiler: show
The about page spends little time on facts about the company but offers a few key bits of information. The company started as a small courier service running routes between two planets named Relias and Ionas, hence the name. It currently offers shipping, storage, and logistics support services. Included in its logistics support is help with connecting customers with third-party providers for services outside of Republic Space.

A larger portion of the page is made up of the supposed achievements and "exceptional qualities" of Darykon himself. Some of the more relevant information claims he grew up on Balmorra and was a "prodigy among his peers". The site claims he graduated from a university of modest reputation on Balmorra then went on to work in management positions for companies such as Balmorran Arms and GSI. It then states that he began to feel that his "talents were going to waste". After a decade or so of "business experience," he struck out on his own to fill in "gaps" in the logistics side of galactic business.

The content of the page comes off as amateurish and conceited at best, and full of questionable claims at worse. One would think that a company with as many resources as this one could at least hire someone to write more professional content.

Shipping
The shipping section contains information about the rates for various kinds of shipments and the service area. The service area clearly covers most sectors within Republic space and has trailing lines to other sections of the galaxy such as Hutt space with a few that trail suspiciously close to Imperial Space for a Republic-based company.

A notable omission from the page is information on how to set up shipments or varied contact information. It is especially odd considering the note to contact the company directly regarding hazardous, exotic, or "difficult" shipments. For someone looking for how to do that, the site only offers a customer service comm contact.

Tracking
The tracking page is rather ordinary with a field for inputting a tracking number.

Locations

There is a search for shipping offices and storage locations here. A casual search returns some storage locations on Nar Shaddaa. The page also contains the address to the corporate headquarters on Coruscant and a contact comm frequency. There's a notice to call ahead for press interviews and business proposals.

FAQ

There is little of use on the page, but curiously there is an out-of-the-way section for "required items for parties" which lists preferred refreshments, entertainment, and "party favors". It's not standard corporate fare, and is probably in violation of Republic regulations, but, so far, little about the site has been standard.

Further Holonet searching turns up party images from SpaceBook, articles on corporate beefs and business acquisitions from the Galactic News network. Images from InstaGran show Darykon at parties with what appears to be Hutt Cartel and a few Czerka representatives. However, none of the Hutt Cartel representatives are those affiliated with Household name Hutts and they might not be recognized as Cartel Representatives to those not frequently in Hutt Space. They likely represent more minor players.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/07/21, 10:01:01 AM »
Ziziya takes her time reading through the information.

"Hmmm, so, I could send a message indicating that Stell has asked me to start looking into some possible extra transportation and goods suppliers for Dancer's Palace, especially those willing to travel the unbeaten paths, so to speak. Butter up his reputation in the invitation. What do you think XN? I could also ask Stell to make the contact. She's the owner after all, and she has a lot more experience with this type of thing."

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/09/21, 08:42:02 AM »
XN reads through the site as well making the occasional critique before answering Ziziya's question.

"That sounds like an excellent idea, Miss Ziziya. Good catch. The initial message may carry more weight if it comes from the actual owner of the establishment, but I have the utmost confidence in your abilities to handle matters if we can get him here.  However, might I suggest giving excessive praise and also inquire about help sourcing suppliers of difficult to find droid parts?"

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/09/21, 07:00:37 PM »
Ziziya nods, "I think bringing in Stell would have a higher chance of success. Especially if we're asking about droid parts. It would make more sense for the owner to have that conversation with him." She smiles at the droid, "I'll practice my business diplomacy another time, when there's less at stake. Let me call up Stell and we can chat with her if she's free."

Ziziya taps in Stell's holofrequency and within moments the face of the middle-aged owner comes into view.

Ziziya brings Stell up to speed on the latest developments with XN-395, as they occasionally hear noises of the family in the background.

Once she's up to speed, Stell smiles and nods, "I can certainly meet with this person to talk about suppliers, shipping and harder to find droid parts. Many of our security droids are from TGI and many of our droids have had custom adaptations, so it's easy to justify why I might be interested in some more obscure droid part suppliers. Ziziya, do you want to write up the invitation letter and let me know when the meeting is, assuming he accepts? Make sure you send me a copy of the letter too, so I know what you told him!"

Ziziya nods, looking back at XN, "I think we can handle the writing assignment. Are you comfortable with this plan XN-395?"

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/09/21, 08:35:32 PM »
"Well, mostly. I'm afraid that I lack any of the necessary upgrades for subterfuge, so it is probably best I do not attempt any of that part. However, excessive customer flattery is well within the bounds of customer engagement!" He sounds more confident.

"When dealing with large egos, it is extremely important to butter them up for ease of maneuvering. How does this sound?" XN proposes a start to the communication.

Greetings Mr. Darykon,

We are contacting you on behalf of the Dancer's Palace, an upscale club located on Nar Shaddaa. We have heard about your company's incomparable reputation for finding brilliant logistic solutions and we need exactly that. Given our location, we have unique shipping and maintenance requirements and are looking for a business partnership to address these needs.

Given the expectations of a man of your stature, we are prepared to entertain you in person. We think that you will be more than happy with our accommodations.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/10/21, 09:34:50 PM »
Ziziya reads over the letter, "Hmmm, let me make a few adjustments."

She types away, making a few changes.

"What do you think XN-395?"

Greetings Mr. Darykon,

We are contacting you on behalf of Stellange Vuedange-Helghan, owner of Dancer's Palace, an upscale club located on Nar Shaddaa. We have heard about your company's incomparable reputation for finding brilliant logistic solutions and your own stellar reputation for providing solutions to any problem. Given our location, we have unique shipping and maintenance requirements and are looking to expand our bank of suppliers to address these needs.

Given your stature, we would be honoured by the opportunity to entertain you in person, so that you may enjoy first hand what we have to offer.

With the utmost respect,
Ziziya Aptera, hostess and manager,
on behalf of Stellange Vuedange-Helghan, owner
Dancer's Palace

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/11/21, 05:31:44 PM »
"Well done, Miss Ziziya!" he nods approvingly. "I heartily approve of this addition. You are quite good at Customer Engagement yourself. If Miss Stell approves, I say that we send this as is."

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/12/21, 02:32:22 PM »
Ziziya smiles as she sends it off to Stell.

"Thank you XN-395. That skill is rather much a requirement for my job here, but I don't have much experience yet with this type of negociations. Negociating with someone who's too drunk? Sure. Negociating with the Jawa who is trying to sell you back the droid parts he swiped from your storage? Sure. This is a new domain though."
She chuckles.

At that moment, a ping comes in with the message back from Stell saying good job.

"Well, here we go!" She sends the message off to the contact com frequency listed for the Coruscant headquarters. "Let's hope that it actually gets to him for starters."

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/12/21, 05:03:44 PM »
"A skill being required doesn't mean that one possesses it, Miss Ziziya. However, we shall wait and see." he pauses then says nervously, "I truly hope we don't encounter any Jawas in this endeavor. Would you like to head back to the Ballroom while we wait for a response?"

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/12/21, 05:55:41 PM »
Ziziya chuckles and nods, "Yeah, it may take a while to get any reply, if we even get one. We'll have to be patient. And see if Thyssen and Crimsen find any faster leads on the parts."

She gets up and heads back to the ballroom.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/12/21, 06:00:04 PM »
"I wonder if they have found anything?" XN asks as he follows behind Ziziya.

[The story picks back up in [Open RP] I, Droid ]
« Last Edit: 05/17/21, 04:11:24 PM by Imazi »

v>