Shoutbox

Author Topic: Upcoming Site Shutting Down  (Read 29 times)

Offline Artisan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Upcoming Site Shutting Down
« on: Today at 08:09:48 AM »
Hi everyone, it's been a while since we talked!

BC.org has had a fair run of many years, and I think many of us have had great memories and made great friends here.

However, I think the writing has been on the wall for a fair amount of time that this particular site may be slowly outliving its usefulness for the cost and upkeep.

Since the change in ownership a couple years ago, I have been keeping the site up entirely by myself monetarily and technically, and having not been involved in the roleplay or SWTOR play interactions for some time, I nonetheless kept BC.org working out of a sense of devotion and connection to the community.

I think from observations, much of the community interaction outside of game has moved on to the Discord server, however (see Discord widget on the bottom left sidebar). And I think it may be time to finally pull the plug on the forums site itself.

I recognise that many of you have a lot of memories stored here, and I would encourage you to take your time over the coming months to retrieve what information you can from the forums threads. Unfortunately given the custom-built nature of this website, it's not easy to take the database data and simply transfer it to another cookie cutter service, and keeping the site up as a static site nonetheless will require ongoing server upkeep and payments that I don't think will be worth the monthly and yearly expenses.

You will have until October 31, 2022 to both get everything you'd like as well as make contact with people from this community that you may only be able to contact via DMs here - and trade any info you would like to keep in touch. After that I will be taking the site down.

Keep in mind that the Discord server will remain up and I will continue to run it as long as Discord keeps such servers free. Please also consider joining the Discord if you wish to continue to keep in touch with the community.

It's been a ride! Here's to the last few months of BC.org! And thank you all for the wonderful community it's been all these years.

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Site Shutting Down
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:00:49 AM »
 :aww: Thanks for your service, Artisan, and best wishes and fairest of fates to all who remain and all who return! The Force will be with you, always.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Site Shutting Down
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:58:20 AM »
Aye - to repeat what Pehn stated - thank you x100 for working to keep the site up and running all these years (esp. the years of less activity). 

And thank you for giving us all a heads up - I was actually wondering this exact thing to myself the other day (When the site might be taken down, for the same reasons you gave.) - so very much appreciate the ample time for us to grab whatever posts or information we wish to keep before it goes poofers.

If anyone wishes to keep in touch and doesn't already have my email (or whatever contact information) please feel free to PM me!

And may the Force be with you all!  :aww: :aww:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

/www.begerencolony.org/index.php?action=tpmod;sa=credits" title="Credits">2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2