Shoutbox

Author Topic: Flashpoint: Depths of Manaan Grinding Benefits  (Read 4420 times)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Flashpoint: Depths of Manaan Grinding Benefits
« on: 06/17/17, 10:23:03 AM »
A month or so ago I discovered that running Flashpoint: Depths of Manaan in SOLO mode grants two [Manaan Research Data] at the end of each FP.  When we learned we would be getting a Mannan stronghold this July, I decided to start grinding this FP for the Manaan currency to purchase the Mannan plant decorations in preparation to obtain this SH.

I've since discovered there are A LOT of great benefits to grinding this FP in SOLO mode.

* Command Experience Points (CXP). I am pulling down an absurd amount of CXP for each FP. With the new Legacy perk granting an additional 25% CXP and a boost from the Cartel Market popped, I'm earning a new Command Rank almost every run (definitely every two runs). It takes me about 20 minutes to grind the FP out on a non-stealthed toon so this is tremendously helpful.

* [Manaan Research Data]. The whole reason I started grinding this FP to begin with. Completing this FP in SOLO mode grants two of this special currency. Two are what's required to purchase the decoration from the FP vendor so each run = one decoration.

* Imperial-/Repulic-themed Walker Mount Chance. Now, even running this FP in SOLO mode offers a chance to get the Imperial or Republic command walkers. I've gotten about half-a-dozen already and have been passing them out to guild members (<Imperial Wild Space Command>).

* [Selkath Solar Sculpture] Chance. Much rarer, but still possible to get in SOLO mode, is this rare, FP-specific decoration. I've gotten two already.

* Experience. I've been grinding on Level 70 toons, but I imagine if you haven't maxed your character's level yet, this would be the ideal way to go about it.

* Grade 7 Scavenging Crafting Materials. If you grind this on a toon with the Scavenging crew skill, you can get a lot of Grade 7 green CMs (Mythra and Turadium) from the droids.

* Nar Shaddaa Nightlife Tokens. Each of the three bosses drop tokens for the NS Nightlife event active all summer long! Mostly they drop Smuggler tokens but I've gotten several Kingpin ones, as well.

REMINDER: As of 5.2.2, companions sent on crew skill missions earn Influence, so be sure to send them out while you grind!

If you're not grinding this FP before the new SH comes out I highly recommend it.
« Last Edit: 06/17/17, 10:39:19 AM by Nicohlas »

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Re: Flashpoint: Depths of Manaan Grinding Benefits
« Reply #1 on: 06/17/17, 10:39:03 AM »
Does this mean all FP Solo modes will drop decorations now???  *crosses fingers*

Thanks for the tip! I'm going grinding!  THough I already have several of those plants :).

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/17/17, 10:40:40 AM »
@Karmic , no, that's not what that means. I ran the Tython and Korriban FPs as well for the Recovered Relics currency and got nothing.

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/17/17, 10:41:50 AM »
I forgot about this, but will be sure to jump back into it. It's a good one, and especially for the benefits you stated!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/17/17, 10:43:23 AM »
@Karmic , no, that's not what that means. I ran the Tython and Korriban FPs as well for the Recovered Relics currency and got nothing.

DANGIT BIOWARE!! *huffs*

Wonder why Mannan is different...

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/17/17, 12:25:59 PM »
Actually they did fix the solo mode flashpoints a while back. I started getting decorations from Maelstrom Prison again. If you aren't getting any from some FPs then there is likely a bug or the drop rate needs to be looked at.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/18/17, 01:59:57 PM »
Actually they did fix the solo mode flashpoints a while back. I started getting decorations from Maelstrom Prison again. If you aren't getting any from some FPs then there is likely a bug or the drop rate needs to be looked at.

Wait so we CAN?! FOR SURE?! XD

AHH I"M CONFUSED!  :rage: :scared: :nuu:
 :grin:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/18/17, 02:22:20 PM »

Wait so we CAN?! FOR SURE?! XD

AHH I"M CONFUSED!  :rage: :scared: :nuu:
 :grin:

Deco drops are not guaranteed in solo mode, and are definitely unpredictable, but the drops have been restored, since 5.0 launched.

Unfortunately they are no longer guaranteed on Hard Mode bonus bosses as they used to be, and the lack of guarantee makes the decos that drop from FPs without solo modes more rare.

But enough people run the solo mode FPs that you can find decos from those FPs on the GTN now with a lot more regularity, including some of the very rare ones that we used to not see because very few people were doing bonus bosses on the SoR FPs.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Knight and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight and Pilot // Zelek Arr, Jedi Master and Corn Grower
Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/18/17, 02:24:45 PM »
Game Update 5.2
"All Story Mode Flashpoints will now drop loot as intended."
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/04182017/game-update-5.2
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

padding:0px;margin:0px;">