Shoutbox

Author Topic: SPACELING: Art of Li Didkovsky  (Read 5451 times)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
SPACELING: Art of Li Didkovsky
« on: 07/02/17, 11:30:20 AM »
I commissioned the below piece from the artist Li Didkovsky, whose website can be found here.

The painting is the official family portrait of the Heermann family, drawn at their residence, Heermann Tower, in Kaas City and depicts, at the time,
     * Under-Moff Nicohlas Heermann, chief of military intelligence at Imperial High Command, dressed in his official High Command service uniform,
     * Col. Elym Heermann, chief of staff of Imperial High Command's Personnel and Administration Division, dressed in her Chiss family house colours,
     * Anora Heermann, daughter and first child of Elym and Nicohlas, wrapped in a Nexu-fir blanket.

(( @Elym ))

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
Re: SPACELING: Art of Li Didkovsky
« Reply #1 on: 07/02/17, 11:48:39 AM »
There are times I wish I had the money to pay for art commissions, as there are a number of characters in my various games (all of which I notice the artist has works in!) I would love to see brought to life like this. This is one of those times.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/02/17, 12:00:54 PM »
This is great for so many reasons.  It's fun and very interesting to see the world of SWTOR come to life through various mediums outside of the game, especially through artwork. I've only seen a few pieces here and there of various quality but I'm always intrigued knowing that a story exists behind every image.

I haven't had the opportunity to RP very extensively with the community, but I'm hoping one of my characters will cross paths with the Heerman family sometime.  The presentation of this commission speaks volumes for the thought that went into it.
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/02/17, 02:29:06 PM »
This is so cool!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/02/17, 07:23:11 PM »
Pretty!
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/12/17, 08:59:07 PM »
Here is the latest piece of brilliant work I commissioned from Li Didkovsky.  The painting depicts Moff Herrmann aboard the bridge of the Ziost Avenger observing the Battle of Iokath.

« Last Edit: 10/12/17, 09:18:53 PM by Nicohlas »

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/13/17, 05:14:34 AM »
 :rage: That better not be the Orchestra you're staring at...

<3 <3 <3
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline AristocraShol

• Aristocra of House Shol and Chiss Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/30/17, 07:20:56 PM »
GREETINGS FROM STAR FORGE SERVER!

Hello friends on a distant server (that should have been merged with us), hope all is well so far. Not going to end up turning this into a meet and greet thread though. Just wanted to show off my recent received painting from the extremely talented Spaceling.

With the exception of the frame, Spaceling painted up this beautiful piece of my original characters. Here we have the Shol family, 10 years from now. The Aristocra of House Shol seated on the left, Shol'ori'chaf, now serves as a veteran diplomat for the Chiss Ascendancy. With his service as an ambassador for his people to the Sith Empire complete, the Aristocra's focus returns primarily to his house. Seated at the right, or the Aristocra's left, is Shol'iri'sabosen (played by a friend). She serves as an Adjudicator for the Ascendancy. With her child-bearing days at its conclusion, she continues in her service to House Sabosen in upholding Ascendancy law.

And what of these new young faces? If you recall the painting of the twin babies I also received from Spaceling, (http://spacelingart.com/post/160596362145/speed-paint-for-loric-of-the-future-shol-twins), perhaps you'll notice a resemblance. Yes, meet Shol'inaya'sabosen and Shol'aetheri'sabsoen all grown up. Both are following in the footsteps of their mother in their service to House Sabosen. Their careers? That is yet to be disclosed. But what of the even newer face? We don't have a baby picture but we have a name! Shol'ila'chaf, the youngest of the three and the Aristocra's Lilac flower! Donning the name Chaf like her father, Lilac will be seeing a future in diplomacy. But the big question is, WHO WILL BE THE NEXT ARISTOCRA?!
[Aristocra Shol | Chiss Ambassador // Darth Zand | Pureblood Sith Lord, Sphere of Mysteries // Prask'lovi'nuruodo | Moff of the Imperial Military ]

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/30/17, 09:06:27 PM »
The model Chiss family right there.

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/01/17, 12:47:59 AM »
Nic, have you noticed that the rank insignia for Imperial military in this game is incorrect? It's supposed to be horizontal, not vertical, and on the left chest, not the right.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rank_insignia_plaque/Legends

Do you know if there's a reason for the discrepancy? Was it an oversight, or intended by BW?

Offline SquigglyV

• ladies like superior firepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12/01/17, 04:59:45 AM »
Have you noticed that we're not the Galactic Empire? :P Different country, different ranks.

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12/01/17, 06:14:22 AM »
That and there's about 3,600 years between now and then! The US military can't stop redesigning all of its uniforms every 4 and a half years, so holding onto one design for 3600 years would be pretty impressive.
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12/01/17, 10:23:49 AM »
Got really confused there trying to figure out when Nic became a Chiss... =D

Then I realized not the same family! HA!  Great future-family portrait piece!

I need to hit the lottery..so I can afford character portraits...multiples... all types... LOL.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal 1.6.4 © 2005-2019
  • XHTML
  • RSS
  • WAP2